The 10 Best K-Pop Boyband Hits From the First Half of the Decade

Never mind being halfway through the year, we are now 50 percent done with this decade! Shouldn’t we all be flying around in anti-gravity cars and jetpacks by now? Regardless, this decade in music has been anything but slow when it comes to K-Pop matters. Legions of new acts have debuted, thousands of albums have […]

The post The 10 Best K-Pop Boyband Hits From the First Half of the Decade appeared first on Soompi.

View the full article

Guest magicl

I love infinite with my life, they are just my favouritest Kpop band EVER and no other band comes close to second. But even as I love all their hits and non-hits (in fact I'm just listening to their playlist now!), the objective part of me picked Beast's Fiction as my favourite Kpop song. I'm OK with beast as a group, but they have released some of my favourites (on rainy days, midnight) but fiction though, fiction, it's just beyond amazing.

INFINITE's The Chaser is a masterpiece song even Billboard agreed & picked this song as the best kpop song in 2012, I know INFINITE gained a lot of fanboys from this song.

Guest punkj

While I appreciate your comments on most of the artists, the B.A.P write-up was very obviously a by-product of Soompi's contract with TS.

Firstly, "...wishing that B.A.P and agency TS Entertainment would get out of the courtroom and back into the recording studio" is supporting TS' side of the dispute.

Also, for none of the other artists on this list did you include a list of album "contributors" (all employees of TS, none of whom can be considered masterminds, let's be honest) and reduce the importance of the actual lyricist (Bang Yongguk) to a mere afterthought. Then you try promoting a couple other TS groups in the same paragraph.

While I appreciate and agree with you regarding One Shot and 1004, Soompi's contract with TS is blatantly obvious in this article, and it's pretty tasteless.

While I appreciate your comments on most of the artists, the B.A.P write-up was very obviously a by-product of Soompi's contract with TS.

Firstly, "...wishing that B.A.P and agency TS Entertainment would get out of the courtroom and back into the recording studio" is supporting TS' side of the dispute.

Also, for none of the other artists on this list did you include a list of album "contributors" (all employees of TS, none of whom can be considered masterminds, let's be honest) and reduce the importance of the actual lyricist (Bang Yongguk) to a mere afterthought. Then you try promoting a couple other TS groups in the same paragraph.

While I appreciate and agree with you regarding One Shot and 1004, Soompi's contract with TS is blatantly obvious in this article, and it's pretty tasteless.

Wow - there seems to be a serious misunderstanding here. We don't have any contract with TS - they sponsored a single event we had last year, and we've worked with many other agencies in the past. The views on all of these opinion articles are solely those of the author as stated ^^v

Guest cakey

I cannot exaggerate how much I love The Chaser. I actually did not hear it until almost a year after it came out and honestly felt that I had missed out. It's one of the songs I would choose if I had to show a non-Kpop fan a representative sample of boy groups. It's seriously so perfect.

It's a little early to put I Need U in that category but I do think it is one of those great mainstream pop songs that appeases both hardcore fans and casual radio listeners, like Tonight. I feel like I Need U is what Big Bang should have been putting out for MADE instead of what we've given so far.

while i agree with a lot of the groups on here, i personally would have chosen other songs for most of them. Overdose is great but I actually would have picked Growl.I Need You by BTS is also great but I would have picked Bulletproof (it was fresh and fierce and unique for the times. and def what put them on the map!)

Fiction and One Shot both definitely deserved to be on this list, for sure! ^^ The other songs though- not my choice at all if we are talking about literally the best songs from 2010 until now. Bonamana by SJ was released in 2010 and is still one of their best selling songs. It was the height of K-pop popularity where Hallyu was about catchy choruses, a smattering of English and dances that EVERYONE could (and wanted to) do. Lol

Tonight by BB was great, but I actually liked Still Alive or Fantastic Baby better- those songs were such a turning point in their career and Fantastic Baby became like the K-pop anthem of the world! Lol

Hard to narrow things down to just the top 10- as a matter of fact, I don't think it is really possible since music tastes are so subjective. Lol It would be interesting to see what the top selling songs from boy bands were in that period- guess that would be the best way to show us the top 10! hehe

And I'm sorry but where is Lucifer by Shinee? Lol That is such a staple K-pop song. They have other great ones too like Why So Serious and Dream Girl, but Lucifer is known by everyone in the K-pop world- even if they aren't Shinee fans! ^^

Guest ViktoriaNovakova

I thought you'd leave out Bigbang like in your last list on top songs of 2015 so far. Such a bad joke. FYI, the 4 MVs of MADE series already got more than 100.000.000 views. Please, open your eyes.

Also, where is SuJu, TVXQ, JYJ, 2PM? Those people have been around for years and are very influential. So if you decide to mention new groups with lesser impact (so far), don't forget about those who made kpop a world renowned genre. I wish all groups well and they deserve to be listed, I just don't like your attitude. It's obvious you have your biases. It's not even their fault, just yours.

Guest Caribou

I miss SHINee Lucifer, Everybody are really good songs with good dance too :/ anyway they are always underrated I'm glad to see VIXX and Infinite ♥

Yeah they skipped 2pm, 2AM, Shinee, B1A4 and Super Junior? A lot of the ones on the list are very similiar sounding so this author obviously has a specific taste. No real credit or recognition for Boy Band groups that do ballads or down tempo songs.

Archived