Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

14 hours ago, mstamatoff said:

@willenette, Thank you!

By the way, June 15 is approaching. As far as I have understood, part of KeyEast actors are going to establish a subsidiary and Bae's name wasn't mentioned among the new managers. It was said they needed more attention. Does this mean they are dissatisfied? We'll live to see.

Hi mstamatoff, actually I didn't know about this. Thanks for sharing this, anyway............Wait & see.............:lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/5/2017 at 4:22 AM, mstamatoff said:

An article about Bae Yong Joon in Japanese:

http://news.kstyle.com/m/article.ksn?articleNo=2071464

Hi mstamatoff, thanks for sharing the link. It mentions that BYJ was featured in a Japanese program called ”Owner of Global Charisma" -  This was through TV Asahi 's World Charismatic History Show broadcasted last May 31 in Japan.  He talked about KE in the show..... :lol:

I'm sharing an article here from allkpop - I miss BYJ! I feel sad that he left the entertainment scene. But, I’m sure he is VERY happy with his life now so that's what counts. Anyways, I never understood why in Korea getting married seems to kill your career. What I noticed is for actors and actresses some can still return to the acting scene several years after marriage or giving birth to a child, but for idol groups it’s hard to do so after 30, or 35 years old.

Professionals from 'The List' select the top stars who have been on hiatus since marriage

Sun,han-ji-hye,bae-yong-joon,han-ga-in_1

Broadcasted on June 12, tvN's 'The List' featured professionals selecting the top 5 celebrities who have been on hiatus since their marriages.

Fourth place was actor Bae Yong Joon, who tied the knot with actress Park Soo Jin in July 2015 and have been spending time with his wife in their luxurious penthouse in Hawaii. He has been recently been focusing on his cafe business.  

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : allkpop - http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/06/professionals-from-the-list-select-the-top-stars-who-have-been-on-hiatus-since-marriage

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

@willenette I don't know what's going on with this forum. It appears quite strangely on my tablet screen. I doubt if my message will be saved. I just wanted to show the actors that chose to stay with BYJ in KeyEast, compared to the previous list, but I can't post the pictures. They used to be 39, now they are 27. The rest left after June 15, as it was announced.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2017 at 11:27 PM, mstamatoff said:

@willenette I don't know what's going on with this forum. It appears quite strangely on my tablet screen. I doubt if my message will be saved. I just wanted to show the actors that chose to stay with BYJ in KeyEast, compared to the previous list, but I can't post the pictures. They used to be 39, now they are 27. The rest left after June 15, as it was announced.

Hi mstamatoff, you know, I'm also having a hard time posting here when I use my iPad. I'm also having a hard time sharing images.....About those actors who are still with KE, I can say they're still in good hands. So, if they want to leave, it's their decision. I will be supporting him till the end.  I missed our man! Fighting, BYJ!:tongue:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

K-drama’s top 5 fashion moments

K-dramas are appealing to the eye in various ways, and watching the fashion trends each drama sparks can be a lot of fun. Here are five throwback moments to memorable fashion statements among K-drama characters.

4. Bae Yong-joon - “Winter Sonata,” KBS 2002

First-generation K-drama fans are bound to remember Bae Yong-joon and his many mufflers in the wintry romance drama. The technique of wrapping and tying the muffler loosely around the neck a la Bae Yong-joon was a huge fashion trend among men at the time. It just seemed so romantic back then.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201707130857544538991_2

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

As @willenette said above, the silence here is deafening.  Too true.  I was once a firm believer he would be back, but I have finally waked up to the "realz."  He is happy, safe, busy being a parent, husband, and coffee shop mogul (sorry, @mstamatoff!^_^), and the KeyEast stock situation seems to be stabilizing after the China entertainment blockade, so things can't be all bad.  One marvelous era has ended, someday a new one will begin.  But we'll always have Augusta!  2014  I think , without having to track back.  Tell me if I am wrong. But do you remember?

caddieyj2_zpslseyssah.png

At first when I tried to post this picture I had problems just like willenette and mstamatoff describe on their tablets, but after closing out of Soompi and reopening, things seemed to work OK.  

To @mstamatoff:  And yes, the KeyEast roster may have changed (or dwindled) but I always thought they had some actors there who weren't that big of a draw.  Maybe some were dissatisfied, and are looking for better representation.  Good for them that they can move on.   Are they dissatisfied with Bae?  Maybe.  He never struck me as a daily hands-on manager.  From what I have read, KE has created a new division for the guys and girls who are not top-notch big name crowd draws, but who may need development.  And having looked over major dramas appearing very recently on DramaFever and Viki, there are some new faces and talent out there who are wooing hearts and minds and eyes like crazy.  

What is that old saying?  Life is what happens to you when you are trying to have a good time.  That's life.

Also, major star idol Kim Hyun Joong is back from military service and is hitting the comeback trail for real and needs all the support he can get.  His legal troubles seem to be solved and his popularity is a big as ever.

Then, other major star, Kim Soo Hyun, is ready to enter military service, and his big picture release called REAL has not been a big success, at least in SKorea. The international reaction remains to be seen.  There are many pros and cons as to why or why not the picture is not a box office hit in SK, but from everything I have seen, the movie looks to be fascinating.  This must be hard to take after all the hype, and may be a reason that KE is cutting back on, ahem:wink:, "unprofitable" actors.  The same thing happened to Bae in the past when Untold Scandal and then April Snow did not enchant the sometimes hypocritically prudish SK population.  Bae's popularity took a big hit at those times, yet recovered.

What's that other old saying?  If it's not one thing, it's another.  That's life.

I have not been here lately because, fortunately, I have had enough work to keep me working like a dawg.  And then my 15 year old car decided it was time for him to retire permanently, so I needed new wheels.  The cost of which make me continue to work like a dawg.  But things are working out and it is time for a break.

There is one Bae fan who continues to turn out quality product to entertain us all. That person is Yurara, who I consider a genius with the MV tools, and what seems to be her personal  storehouse of unseen, unpublished back story scenes, outtakes, etc. . Here are some of her MV's from YouTube.  Please enjoy. This one is entitled Future.  Great one showing Bae's interaction with children over the course of his career.

Birthday coming up:

Then there is this one entitled URUSI.  I have no idea what that word means.  Anyone?

P.S.  Why is that YT mv of Sandara Park posted here?  Is there something we all missed, or is the newbie just being jerked around by Soompi, just like the rest of us?  Anyone? 

Much love, 

MyStars

• Like 1

http://m.kpopherald.com/view.php?ud=201707271757439189001_2

Updated : July 27 2017

A-A+

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXCjYvUHBAQ/

(Park Soo-jin's Instagram)

Singer-turned-actress Park Soo-jin celebrated her second wedding anniversary with her husband Bae Yong-joon. 

On Thursday, Park posted on Instagram a photo of a rose bouquet, which she had received as an anniversary gift. The ribbon on the bouquet read, “SJ & YJ 2015 727.”

“Thank you and love you,” she wrote in the caption. She also wrote “I love you more than (I did) back then” in a hashtag. 

(Bae Yong-joon's Instagram)

Park and Bae tied the knot in 2015. The couple’s first child was born on Oct. 23, 2016.

The 44-year-old Bae was one of the first successful Hallyu stars with his role in “Winter Sonata,” which aired in 2002. He is especially popular in Japan where he is nicknamed Yonsama.

Park, 31, debuted in 2002 with the idol group Sugar, and began her acting career in 2007. She hosted O’live TV’s variety show “Tasty Road.”

Ladies, let's wish the couple many, many years of love and happiness on the day of their second anniversary!

• Like 1

A lovely MV for the second wedding anniversary from a Vietnamese site.  The melody is sweet and evocative and the pictures bring back all the old memories. The singer's voice plays easy on the ear.  To tanpopo126@byjvn.com, thank you for the memories.

• Like 1

And look, Yura is back again with another MV.   She is calling it "Coffee for Two" but to my ears it is an old American standard tune called "Tea for Two."  She's changed the tea to coffee befitting BYJ's recent addition of another coffee shop (in addition to the Gorilla shop in Hawaii).  Great pics.  Thank you Yura.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MyStars said:

A lovely MV for the second wedding anniversary from a Vietnamese site.  The melody is sweet and evocative and the pictures bring back all the old memories. The singer's voice plays easy on the ear.  To tanpopo126@byjvn.com, thank you for the memories.

Hi MyStars, thanks for sharing the clip. How time really flies so fast! Now, it's their 2nd year already..... His wife posted on Instagram a photo of a rose bouquet, which she had received as an anniversary gift. The ribbon on the bouquet read, “SJ & YJ 2015 727.” She wrote in the caption :  “Thank you and love you." She also wrote “I love you more than (I did) back then." :tongue:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Hello All!  I still think that there are more than just 2 of you out there:confused:.........More uncomfortable news.  Nothing bad about BYJ or PSJ or baby, but about posting photos on Soompi.  The photo 3rd party hosting site I have been using (Photobucket #%$#@^^)is changing its policies and is not offering 3rd party hosting at a reasonable rate anymore (the cutoff date if I remember correctly is Dec. 2018).  I would if I could but going from $10.00/year to $480/year is just more than I can afford.  That means that after Dec. 2018, or sooner, none of the pictures or news articles I posted will be visible.  This site will be, well, a ghost site.  There are other ways to achieve 3rd party hosting but I don't think I will be able to reproduce what I have already put in these pages.  In the very, very off chance that Bae goes public again, I guess starting a personal blog would be the only way to feed photos to Soompi.  I looked a few pages back and already see that pictures posted by @RamonaMonahave disappeared. I don't know why exactly but I wonder if it is because of Photobucket - hereinafter to be known as Photobucks @##!%$#^%.

Have any of you heard of any work-arounds?  

• 2 weeks later...

Bae Yong Joon and Park Soo Jin have confirmed they are pregnant with their second child!

Key East said, "It's true that Park Soo Jin is pregnant with their second child. She's still in the early stages, so she's being careful."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/08/bae-yong-joon-and-park-soo-jin-revealed-to-be-pregnant-with-their-second-child

• Like 1

Thanks for that news @mstamatoff!!!  This just proves that Mr. Bae is still capable, extremely capable, of accomplishing anything he sets his mind to:wink:.  From movies, to dramas, a coffee shop or two, and a measly little entertainment agency, a beautiful  accomplished wife, and now two children; are there any goals left for him? Maybe all he needs to do now is just continue living well and enjoying the fruits of his labors.

I am trying to set up a blog site for pictures, so that when my year is up at Photobucket I can migrate some of the pictures there that will automatically be lost when I don't renew my contract with them.  Wish me luck because I am totally lame when it comes to understanding anything about blog sites.

• Like 2

@MyStars, the news is really good!

With this little or rather no hope to see Mr. Bae on the screen again, we have to only console our hearts with the thought, that he is well and happy.

The idea about a blog of your own is very good. I also have an account on Photobucket. Created it a few years ago as I needed to post photos on another forum. I haven't visited it for quite some time. But there is no way I would pay such a sum for the pleasure to insert photos once in a blue moon.

I am absolutely sure you will succeed in creating your blog. Devoted and clever people always do! Good luck! Looking forward to it!

• Like 2

On 8/23/2017 at 0:54 PM, mstamatoff said:

Bae Yong Joon and Park Soo Jin have confirmed they are pregnant with their second child!

Key East said, "It's true that Park Soo Jin is pregnant with their second child. She's still in the early stages, so she's being careful."

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/08/bae-yong-joon-and-park-soo-jin-revealed-to-be-pregnant-with-their-second-child

Hi mstamatoff, thanks for sharing the link. Their family is growing!!! I'm sure BYJ is very thrilled to have two kids. Is (2) babies a year apart can do big demand on her body? Is it not harmful? It's babies back-to-back to her - hahaha -  Even in the 1st child, she had not been seen with a visible baby bump in public just yet. She had worn mainly loose-fitting outerwear. I hope we could get to see it now. :tongue:

19 hours ago, MyStars said:

Thanks for that news @mstamatoff!!!  This just proves that Mr. Bae is still capable, extremely capable, of accomplishing anything he sets his mind to:wink:.  From movies, to dramas, a coffee shop or two, and a measly little entertainment agency, a beautiful  accomplished wife, and now two children; are there any goals left for him? Maybe all he needs to do now is just continue living well and enjoying the fruits of his labors.

I am trying to set up a blog site for pictures, so that when my year is up at Photobucket I can migrate some of the pictures there that will automatically be lost when I don't renew my contract with them.  Wish me luck because I am totally lame when it comes to understanding anything about blog sites.

Hi MyStars, I do agree with you - We know that BYJ only likes simple things. His lifestyle is so simple, too. I was told that he loves shredded radish and hairtail dishes, like fish stew. :tongue:

• Like 3

@willenette, Mrs. Park must be four months pregnant, if I have correctly understood it from a Tweet. If so, the baby is expected in January, I suppose. It must be quite difficult with two little ones.

By the way, I had this thought about a new pregnancy, when she posted a picture of a duck with a duckling on its back.

• Like 1