Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

Thank you @RamonaMona! Wonderful photos!

The text, that goes with them, some places not very clear:

L = Dispatch had Incheon Airport Park Inyoung News] Bae Yong Joon and Park, Soo - Jin. Hawaiian vacation ending. They landed at 17:30 at Incheon International Airport.

Bae Yong Joon has recently spent time in Honolulu with his wife Park, Soo - Jin, staying there for more than two months and enjoying the sweet honeymoon .

But when the two arrived in South Korea, they moved aside. Trying not to attract attention, they enter through a different gate.

Bae Yong Joon was a match day, light blue pants, white shirt. Wearing navy color Fedora, pink smartphones.

KeyEast said that " they hurried to return, as the visa expiration date approached ," said " Park, Soo - Jin is scheduled to digest , including future personal schedule ," he said.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mstamatoff said:

Thank you @RamonaMona! Wonderful photos!

The text, that goes with them, some places not very clear:

L = Dispatch had Incheon Airport Park Inyoung News] Bae Yong Joon and Park, Soo - Jin. Hawaiian vacation ending. They landed at 17:30 at Incheon International Airport.

Bae Yong Joon has recently spent time in Honolulu with his wife Park, Soo - Jin, staying there for more than two months and enjoying the sweet honeymoon .

But when the two arrived in South Korea, they moved aside. Trying not to attract attention, they enter through a different gate.

Bae Yong Joon was a match day, light blue pants, white shirt. Wearing navy color Fedora, pink smartphones.

KeyEast said that " they hurried to return, as the visa expiration date approached ," said " Park, Soo - Jin is scheduled to digest , including future personal schedule ," he said.

Hi mstamatoff, thanks for sharing the info that they're back now in Seoul. BYJ had posted on his SNS, "I am going to become the head of a family and be happy". IDK what he meant by this. :P

• Like 2

Thank you Yurara for this very timely MV:

Oooops!!  My Bad....it is no longer in her YouTube playlist.  Sorry.  But I could swear it wasn't marked private when I first saw it.  Maybe I missed it; I hope no one got into trouble for it. 

• Like 2

Hello All!  Thanks to Pyokotan's blog and pictures, here are two delightful screen caps she caught of him being followed through the airport in Korea, showing a delightful small ponytail.  Thank you Pyokotan for sharing with Soompi fans.

yj2_20160308155255059s_zpsq0e6nl2e.jpgyj1_20160308155256111s_zpslkamqujn.jpg

I was able to record and save both the Dispatch video and the one from TVPot Daum and am using them to make GIFs for Soompi.  Here is the first one:

output_oh3eit--1-_zpswdekqvps.gif

Can't wait til I get to the Daum one, and try to get good segments of the ponytail.  Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou in abundance to  "The Fact," and "Dispatch" for these once-in-a-lifetime photos and video footage. Bae and family may not be so happy about it, but fans, at least me, are just so thrilled to see them looking fit, and tanned, and healthy, (except for the bandage on his hand), and rested. 

P.S.  The video from Yurara that I posted above, and that was taken down, is now back up on YouTube on her site, but I don't dare post it again as it may cause more problems.

• Like 2

Hello again, Dear Viewers.  As promised, here is another installment of scenes from Hawaii 2016 in GIF format.  Please enjoy.

output_oyvq9h%201_zpsthtzg0bs.gif

Okay, here is the last GIF from the Hawaii footage.  Now I am going to work on the footage from the airport in Korea. 

This one can be entitled: What the heck is that thing?  Ewww!!!

www-gifcreator-me_i0d1ke%201_zpsfkj3hvsl

• Like 2

On 3/11/2016 at 4:21 AM, MyStars said:

Hello All!  Thanks to Pyokotan's blog and pictures, here are two delightful screen caps she caught of him being followed through the airport in Korea, showing a delightful small ponytail.  Thank you Pyokotan for sharing with Soompi fans.

I was able to record and save both the Dispatch video and the one from TVPot Daum and am using them to make GIFs for Soompi.  Here is the first one:

Can't wait til I get to the Daum one, and try to get good segments of the ponytail.  Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou in abundance to  "The Fact," and "Dispatch" for these once-in-a-lifetime photos and video footage. Bae and family may not be so happy about it, but fans, at least me, are just so thrilled to see them looking fit, and tanned, and healthy, (except for the bandage on his hand), and rested. 

P.S.  The video from Yurara that I posted above, and that was taken down, is now back up on YouTube on her site, but I don't dare post it again as it may cause more problems.

Hi MyStars, thanks for sharing some tidbits here. About the airport photos, was that a ponytail? It doesn't look like one. (at least in my eyes -) or it might just me, huh? And about that bandage on his hand, I still can't say if that's a bandage because it's a little blurry. But, so NICE to see that the couple are doing great. I thoroughly enjoy watching the photos especially those gifs posted here. I’m happy that he's back in Seoul now. I hope to get some news about him again soon. :P

• Like 1

March 18, 2016

How Korean dramas hook global viewers

A longtime fan of Korean dramas, Yu Yijie, a 25-year-old Chinese graduate student at Kookmin University, instantly fell for Korean entertainment watching “Full House,” starring Rain and Song Hye-kyo, which aired in 2004.

Since then, she has watched every popular Korean drama and gradually developed an interest in drama production.

“I thought I would come to Korea (to study) when I was watching ‘My Girl’ in 2005, which was a huge hit in China, starring Lee Jun-ki and Lee Da-hae,” said Yu, in a phone interview.

She came to Korea in 2012 and majored in public administration for her undergraduate degree. During summer and winter breaks she returned to China to intern at broadcasting companies. Then she decided to pursue a graduate degree in film and television at the university, turning her love of drama into the pursuit of a professional career in drama and film.

“I wanted to learn advanced Korean drama and film production here,” said Yu.

The first drama to really get the Korean Wave going was “Winter Sonata” in 2002, which was exceptionally popular among middle-aged women in Japan.

The drama created an enormous fandom in Japan and catapulted the lead actor and actress -- Bae Yong-joon and Choi Ji-woo, who were called by honorific nicknames Yon-sama (Emperor Yon) and Jiwo Hime (Princess Jiwoo) -- into top stars in Asia.

(skipped unrelated.....)

By Lee Woo-young (wylee@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

March 18, 2016

Stars in the front line of hallyu dramas

Behind the glory of hallyu dramas are the star-studded casts.

After garnering attention abroad in Korean dramas -- mainly other Asian countries including China and Japan -- stars quickly jump into dramas and variety shows there.

Overseas endorsements, and fan meetings follow, consolidating their positions, as well as the prominent status of hallyu.

Starting with the unexpected success of the KBS2 TV drama series “Winter Sonata” which aired on Japanese satellite channel BS2 in 2003, the drama’s protagonists Bae Yong-joon and Choi Ji-woo enjoyed a meteoric rise as the first hallyu drama stars.

(skipped unrelated.....)

By Jung Eun-jin (jej2403@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi MyStars, thanks for sharing some tidbits here. About the airport photos, was that a ponytail? It doesn't look like one. (at least in my eyes -) or it might just me, huh? And about that bandage on his hand, I still can't say if that's a bandage because it's a little blurry. But, so NICE to see that the couple are doing great. I thoroughly enjoy watching the photos especially those gifs posted here. I’m happy that he's back in Seoul now. I hope to get some news about him again soon. :P

@willenette~Not sure which photos on the previous page you were looking at, but in case anyone else is having the same problem, here are close-ups of what I was talking about.

ponytail_zpsrgvleco3.jpg

bandaid_zpsbdqmgq6v.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

As promised, I have another GIF from the Dispatch video footage of BYJ returning to Korea from Hawaii early March 2016.  It is slow-going for me due to my work, and only a little bit because of Soompi glitches....;).  I hope you enjoy.  There will be more GIFs in the future from this footage.

output_2ptihq--1-_zps3agfcfrp.gif

From Café Daum, Yume3, and from the Soompi KHJ forum we also find out the BYJ visited with KHJ not long after his return to Korea from his Hawaiian vacation.

baeandkhjMarch2016_zpsk52c3qk0.png

• Like 2