Bae Yong Joon 배용준

Admin

From Soompi News - article of October 11, 2015.  Sorry I missed this the first time around.  Very disheartening news about the fate of Korean dramas in Japan.

NKH_zpsgvtewu3f.png

NKH1_zpscpmbwxzx.png

Here are a few of the lively comments that this article generated.

NKH2_zpsb3vomynx.png

Go here to see more comments and maybe even add some yourself :http://www.soompi.com/2015/10/11/japanese-broadcaster-nhk-will-no-longer-air-korean-dramas/

• Like 1

Oh, finally some confirmation of my feelings and thoughts. After every Korean drama I have watched, I have the same feeling - nothing near BYJ's films. Now I see, that it is not because I am biased. 

Edited by mstamatoff
  • Like 2

Good morning all!  A new voice mobile via Shinara's blog via Café Daum.  Translation borrowed from Shinara. 

img_0_m_72_zpsnecsrxf9.png

"Please do not hesitate." (I get this part). 

That's what has to be gotten." ( Uhmmm, what?)

I guess I'd better try by typing each hangul character into a Korean typewriter software and then translating to see if I can come up with something more coherent.  Anyone?  @RamonaMona? 

I tried my system - not any more successful than what I've already shared.  Maybe the meaning would be more like:  Do not hesitate.  Do what has to be done. (That's what has to be done.)  Additions, corrections, hoots and laughter welcome.

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 1

Guest iluvugudbye

Good morning all!  A new voice mobile via Shinara's blog via Café Daum.  Translation borrowed from Shinara. 

img_0_m_72_zpsnecsrxf9.png

"Please do not hesitate." (I get this part). 

That's what has to be gotten." ( Uhmmm, what?)

I guess I'd better try by typing each hangul character into a Korean typewriter software and then translating to see if I can come up with something more coherent.  Anyone?  @RamonaMona? 

I tried my system - not any more successful than what I've already shared.  Maybe the meaning would be more like:  Do not hesitate.  Do what has to be done. (That's what has to be done.)  Additions, corrections, hoots and laughter welcome.

Though not quite sure, I think it means: Do not hesitate/be bothered/worry, whatever it is/comes/happens. Whatever it is/comes/happens, do not hesitate.

@RamonaMona......LOL LOL LOL.  Your translator is as loony as they come, or has been off medication too long.  ( I hope you know I mean no offense.)  Why, do you wonder, do our translators have so much trouble with Korean, yet in many instances they breeze right through Japanese and Chinese?  Well, most of the time. (See above) But the Korean translates are always bizarre.  Though I am trying to learn Korean, it is just not going fast enough so that I can extrapolate.

@iluvugudbye  ~  Howdy!  Your translator robot gets the sanity prize!!!  What are you feeding it?  Your Korean must be really good.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.  Please continue to keep watch over us; Bae Yong Joon needs the help.

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2

Let me contribute my version, ladies. Could it be - Whatever comes/happens, stay firm/strong?

Is it because BYJ is forseeing some problems to have? These voice messages sound so mysterious. Have you seen this post on the KOB site forum? The one that has been read about 130 times? It's in Korean. I usually do not pay attention to such posts, but when I saw how many people had read it, decided to use Google translator to try to understand what was in it. I was a bit shocked when the translator gave out the sentence "Yeah, I am Yong-sama!" You know how "comprehensible" these translations are, so I didn't get much out of it. I also doubted it was from BYJ himself. But you can try and may be you will have more luck than me.

Edited by mstamatoff
  • Like 2

Let me contribute my version, ladies. Could it be - Whatever comes/happens, stay firm/strong?

Is it because BYJ is forseeing some problems to have? These voice messages sound so mysterious. Have you seen this post on the KOB site forum? The one that has been read about 130 times? It's in Korean. I usually do not pay attention to such posts, but when I saw how many people had read it, decided to use Google translator to try to understand what was in it. I was a bit shocked when the translator gave out the sentence "Yeah, I am Yong-sama!" You know how "comprehensible" these translations are, so I didn't get much out of it. I also doubted it was from BYJ himself. But you can try and may be you will have more luck than me.

After reading all of our contributions I think we are on to something.  There was a popular song in the U.S. years ago ~ Que Sera Sera. "Whatever will be, will be." That is what it kind of boils down to for me, but it misses out on the firm statement "not to hesitate".  But that is just supposition.  I hated the song when I was growing up, but it was more because of the singer.  Or, there is the wonderful cliché ~ "When life hands you a lemon, (e.g. something that should work but doesn't)  make lemonade."  But this too misses @mstamatoff's picking up on signals of mystery and forseeing of problems.  Heck, we don't need translators, we need powerful Ouija Boards! *See picture attachment.

I went to the KOB forum and did two different translations.  One with Bing (I use IE from Microsoft) and Babylon, but alas I could not come up with "Yeah, I am Yong-sama."  But the message did seem to come from a family intimate.  But it lost me at the "beans."  Need a translator to work from word to word, and a good dictionary.  Workin' on it.

Get this.....I even switched to Google Chrome as the browser.  Went to the KOB site, and Google first said it couldn't translate it, then said it had translated it, when it HAD NOT!  Words were still in Korean.  I was in a hurry and didn't sign in.  I wonder if that makes a difference.

* Attachment.

Ouija Board,or phonetically, WeeJee Board.  For getting in touch with the spirit world for telling fortunes,  predicting upcoming events, and scaring yourself silly.

972782519_zpss3aflkma.jpg

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 1

Happy week ! 

Hi RamonaMona, thanks for sharing this picture. BYJ looks so fine. It's been many months now that he's married....Time really flies so fast, huh? :P

*** I just want to share this picture here : NICE & cool, right? :D This brings smiles to my face. :P

Choo Sarang and Yuto Act Out “Winter Sonata” in Recent Photo Shoot

Choo Sarang and Yuto Act Out “Winter Sonata” in Recent Photo Shoot

cr-soompi news

• Like 2

@RamonaMona ~ I was wondering why you posted the videos of Mrs. Bae until I found this article.  She is a beautiful woman (not girl) and the camera seems to love her as much as it does BYJ.   

kpopfighting%20masthead_zpsx634etvt.png

psjmaginterview_zpsc6teft2l.png

This headline may be a little misleading though, designed to grab your attention.  The small excerpt from the article seems to be more about PSJ than BYJ.  Here is a small sample:

magarticle_zpsgyu7qefv.png

I have omitted the rest of the excerpt.  Here is the link if you want to read the rest.

http://kpopfighting.com/2015/10/19/park-soo-jin-talks-about-life-after-marriage-in-grazia-interview/

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Soompi news also featured some news about BYJ and his KeyEast protégé Kim Soo Hyun:

Hallyu%2020%20yrs_zpsxjpz7pnl.png

Hallyu%2020%20yrs1_zpsquyahq1q.png

The rest of the article has been omitted.

________________________________________________________________________________________

The recent pictures KeyEast has released showing BYJ in a very dark, black, outfit were making me curious about the clothing, but it was impossible to really tell anything from the pictures themselves.  I played around with some filters in my photo-editing software to see if I could get more detail.  Here's what I came up with.  The clothes are really quite unusual as are most of his outfits.

f63b3e2e-5973-4ced-9441-feae85ccc4f3_zps

• Like 2

Soompi news also featured some news about BYJ and his KeyEast protégé Kim Soo Hyun:

Hallyu%2020%20yrs1_zpsquyahq1q.png

The rest of the article has been omitted.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi MyStars, thanks for sharing this here. The drama deserves this. It has a NICE love story, very emotional drama. You might want to open a new box of tissues before you get to the end...What a tear-jerker! Winter Sonata is one of the best K-dramas I have ever watched. The scenery is extremely beautiful and coupled with the sad piercing music, good music (the soundtracks) You could really feel the characters' pain at what they're going through. I watched it over and over. Everything about this production is extraordinary. I thoroughly enjoyed watching it because the series features a small cast and focuses on the love triangle.:P

• Like 3

@willenette,

I can sign under each word of yours. BYJ's films are so impressive that nothing compares to them. From time to time I watch other K-dramas but the main thought is - neither like Winter Sonata, nor like April Snow. And, above all - nobody like Bae Yong Joon!

Recently I've watched Temptation with Choi Ji Woo in the leading role. A nice drama for those, who haven't watched Winter Sonata. For the rest - a patchwork: the ideas from the Sonata are so obvious. Even the puzzle was there. Yes, there is a moment or two, when you can shed some tears, but nothing more.

• Like 2

Hi guys!  I was wandering around the interwebs as usual, looking for news about BYJ, but it seems to be a slow news day; at least, nothing I found could be translated decently, so I will wait for translated articles in English-speaking sites.  One thing that did strike terror in my heart was a new BYJ mobile voice picture on Café Daum.  Oh Noes!! Do not want to deal with the schizo robot translators again!!!!.  But, luckily, Café Daum provide a translation that looks good to me.  This must be one of his voice mobiles for people celebrating a Scorpio birthday in October.  None of the captions were in Korean, either.

1445398164605BYJ2015_10_21_zps7tyr1gvf.p

Café Daum's translation: " Your (you're?) Scorpio with insight and prudence and thorough planning, and demonstrate good leadership and guide to happy all around. "

Edited by MyStars
  • Like 2