oldies but real goodies. :)>-

source: Happiebb's blog

Original in Japanese: Mikan15 (ミカン) 2005/06/30
Translated into Chinese: Truelove77 / www.loveyongjoon.com
Translated into English: Happiebb

[Prediction Came True]
When Hanryu has Come and Gone,
Bae Yong Joon Remains

How are you, my family? The weather is really unbearably hot (Laughs). I was thinking I should write something today… And then I saw Miyorin-san’s posting, saying she was feeling sad as some media articles are reporting the waning of interest in Hanryu = the waning of interest in Yon-sama. So let me just write something about this. Well, the way these reporters came to that conclusion was all wrong, so there’s really no need for us to get all bothered by it (Laughs).

A couple of days ago, I also saw an article on a certain sports magazine that said for the month of May, the number of Japanese tourists to Korea had fallen drastically year on year. That article had used a caption that said something to the effect that it’s all over for Hanryu and insinuated that Yong Joon’s popularity was also wearing off. Although I was unhappy to see that, it couldn’t be further from the truth, so I merely treated it like trash and just laughed it off. That’s but of course… The Winter Sonata trip, visiting the shooting sites… No matter who the fan was, certainly it was satisfying enough to just make one trip to follow the drama trail, not many people would be making the same trip three or five times, right? Or at least most people would agree with me on this on, right? (Laughs).

Winter Sonata had created a nation-wide fever, affecting people from every part of Japan, but after Winter Sonata, there was no other drama that could induce or entice fans to visit its shooting sites. And there was no other drama that could prolong the lifespan of Hanryu in Japan. There was also no other Korean star whose reach and power could parallel those of Yong Joon’s. So it’s only logical people’s desires to visit Korea would slowly wear off. And the sudden decrease in number of Japanese tourists for the month of May was largely due to the political friction between Japan and Korea. The mood was not right for the Japanese public to travel to Korea.

It’s really much too hot today, I simply cannot bring myself to write anything long, so let me repost an old message from 11th December last year. The posting title was: [Prediction] When Hanryu has Come and Gone, Bae Yong Joon Remains

I’m not really reposting this for fellow fans to read, but I do hope that the media will read it. There will not be another Winter Sonata, and there will not be another Yon-sama. This is not as straightforward as those fads and trends you see. The real stuff will stay on after the fever has died down, and this is something that many, many Yong Joon fans had experienced some seven months ago.

Coverage on Korean stars have been shrinking on TV and in the papers; many Korean stars have been organizing fan sessions, but such sessions generally do not make hot topics. I think it is true that Hanryu is losing steam. The fact that Hanryu is waning off is not a good thing for Yong Joon. I do hope to see other stars appearing on the scene, but so far, nothing. In terms of movies and TV dramas, Korean productions will become a genre or rather, stay on as a specific category in Japan entertainment. Good (Korean) productions will be well-received in Japan, but I believe the craze will go away eventually. But… Yong Joon is not someone who cares about how high his popularity has soared, he is someone whose feet are firmly rooted on the ground and he will just continue to work and give his best to his work.

Fellow Japanese fans, let’s all get ready, let's make April Snow a great big success, let us support Yong Joon for a long, long, long time.

[Prediction] When Hanryu has Come and Gone,
Bae Yong Joon Remains

First posted on JOB 2004/12/11

There’re only twenty days left of 2004, the year that saw the fever of Winter Sonata and the craze of Yon-sama. As the year draws to an end, Korean stars are still making a beeline to visit Japan. Amongst these, there are also some Korean stars who have been here for five or six times in this half year. The Japanese market is touted to be six or seven times the size of the Korean market, so it’s perfectly understandable that these stars will want to come and lend strength to further build on their popularity. But on the other hand, as so many of them come and come again and again… With such intensity and frequency, surely we will tire of it all very quickly? Can it work this way?

The torch that ignited the Hanryu in Japan as well as the main player in the Hanryu phenomenon was and still is Bae Yong Joon. The hot sales of DVDs and books, the increased visits to Korea, the red-hot product sales brought about by CF effects… All these economic effects have only one key link and that’s him. And because of Yong Joon and Winter Sonata, people have also started to explore other Korean works and started to learn more about other Korean actors, yes, indeed the scope of the Korean entertainment scene has been widened. But, despite all these, there still has been no other actor or drama that’s been able to achieve the astonishing support the way Yong Joon and Winter Sonata have. In actual fact, this cannot be achieved so simply and so easily.

Under such circumstances, the TV stations and the movie distributors in Japan, as well as the publishing industry are still jumping on the bandwagon to import works by other Korean stars, they’re still jumping in to ink contracts, to organize activities and to publish photo books.

The same with the movies, regardless of the quality, they will buy them so long as they’re “made in Korea”. And these are not isolated cases, not just one or two cases; there are heaps of such cases. Hearing all these, I therefore predict that with such (mindless) intensity, Hanryu will not last long.The TV stations and the movie companies in Japan are all in a big hurry to discover and promote substitutes for Yon-sama, substitutes for Winter Sonata.

But why is it that Japan cannot produce actors who possess the charisma such as Yong Joon’s? Why is it that Japan cannot make dramas that become a social phenomenon such as Winter Sonata?

But even if no serious consideration is given to these, it is still nonetheless very difficult to “import” substitutes from Korea. And if no effort whatsoever is put in to produce a Japanese star or a Japanese work that can conquer Asia, then in terms of the cultural development and competition in Asia, Japan will increasingly lag behind the rest of the Asian countries.

In my opinion, it is also a mistake if Korean stars only “eye” the Japanese market. Japanese media will only report intensively at the peak of a craze, and the moment a replacement appears, the media will not even take a second look at the “passé” products or stars. Such is the mentality of the Japanese public at large. Therefore, instead of busying oneself with promotions in Japan, the stars might as well be good and concentrate on making good works in Korea.

I believe that the very fact that Yong Joon’s popularity is so high in Japan possibly has something to do with the fact that he does not set his sights on Japan, and even his photo book was produced in Korea totally. No matter if it’s agency in Korea or IMX in Japan, they are not the very big, very famous entertainment agencies, therefore the media does not feel much pressure. They will freely say anything, including negative or even damaging things when reporting on Yong Joon.

After Yong Joon, the other Korean stars who come to Japan are all backed by large-sized agencies, big recording companies and TV stations,and they will not be attacked by the media. This is really a world of a difference from Yong Joon’s case. Knowing this, I would like to say to the media, even if you want to promote certain stars, you should not be impolite or do injustice to Bae Yong Joon.

Because there will not be any Hanryu without Bae Yong Joon…

However, all this while, I would imagine that the person who’s looking at all these in a cool and calm manner would be Bae Yong Joon himself. The photo book was planned before his explosive popularity erupted in Japan, and for this project, he had put in extraordinary effort and hard work.

The same applies for his next work. Although there have been offers from Asian countries including Japan, his decision was still to make a Korean movie. In a span of eight months, he had only had two official visits to Japan. Compared with other Hanryu stars, this number is almost pathetic. But, when it comes to things that he should do, he has always been doing quietly. It is indeed very wise of him to not do anything to forcibly and purposely maintain his explosive red-hot popularity.

When Hanryu is over, the Yon-sama fever will also quiet down. Media the whole world over will then say, “Bae Yong Joon is no longer popular”. But it’s okay. He will, he definitely will use his every work to touch the audience, and when he comes to Japan to promote his work, he will still show us his usual smiling face.

Why? Because he is a real star.

There are two types of popularity. One type of popularity can be likened to Tamagotchi and the Centipede toy, you know, things that suddenly become hot and must-haves, but after the craze has died, no one really knows why they were hot in the first place.

The other type of popularity can be likened to stars such as the Beatles. No only did they create a fever when they visited Japan, they continued to receive very warm support with subsequent new works. Also, there’re also works like Roman Holiday that live in our hearts forever.

Bae Yong Joon will not be a “Tamagotchi”, he’s a “Beatles” and Winter Sonata will become a Roman Holiday, this is my prediction.

Thanks for the videos and updates.  Personally, I think BYJ looks better now than he did in the April Snow days...and that's saying a lot because God knows he was HOT!  
Great movie too!  Very sexy...loved it!

@damsu, thank you for sharing that video, I havent seen to whole movie yet everytime wanted to finished it something came up and then keep forgetting that I need to watch the movie...lolz
@carling, u made me laugh at your comment, yeah @willinette is right he is in the right age to settle down, so he could enjoy taking care his kid, he is not getting any younger, do u want him die lonely? ehehhe then run after him now so your dream may come true who knows then let us know , invite us to your wedding! lolz

@damsu, thank you for sharing that video, I havent seen to whole movie yet everytime wanted to finished it something came up and then keep forgetting that I need to watch the movie...lolz

@carling, u made me laugh at your comment, yeah @willinette is right he is in the right age to settle down, so he could enjoy taking care his kid, he is not getting any younger, do u want him die lonely? ehehhe then run after him now so your dream may come true who knows then let us know , invite us to your wedding! lolz

Guest misty2012

BYJ...as he grow older, he even look more younger. He's forever young. I wonder what is his secret.
Image Detail216af6825a98e7f16d8119a7.jpgimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTit1bzwTK2Wvvd4CJLw3w

Guest iluvugudbye

Guest iluvugudbye

BYJ...as he grow older, he even look more younger. He's forever young. I wonder what is his secret.

Guest iluvugudbye

[Photo] BYJ - A Journey In Search of Korea's Beauty

source: beautifulsmile4's blog (thanks!!)
reposted @ MYBYJ blog

byjbok1.jpg
byjbok2.jpg
byjbok3.jpg
byjbok4.jpg
byjbok5.jpg

Guest iluvugudbye

[Gifs] BYJ - Ballantyne Opening Store

source: MYJBYJ blog
posted by shinara (much thanks.)
bsoshin1.gif

bsoshin4.gif

bsoshin2.gif

bsoshin3.gif

Guest iluvugudbye

Bae Yong Jun to Open New Café in Hawaii

2012-06-08 02:06  l   CJ E&M enewsWorld Grace Danbi Hong

Fans have another reason to visit the Aloha State with Yonsama opening up a new café.

Key East, which Bae Yong Jun holds a major share of, will be opening a café in Hawaii on June 15.

Branching out of Bae Yong Jun ′s restaurant, ‘Gorilla in the Kitchen,’ located in Dosan Park in Gangnam, Seoul, another café of the same name will be placed in Hawaii.

90748196.jpg

Key East stated, “On June 15, a Key East representative will be there for the opening ceremonies. Bae Yong Jun will not be present.”

A representative of the café said, “Unlike large franchise coffee shops, ‘Gorilla in the Kitchen’ uses coffee beans directly bought from a coffee bean farm. We are planning on selling coffee, shaved ice, sandwiches, and more at the new location.”

‘Gorilla in the Kitchen’ is known for its well-being low calorie dishes, which uses only healthy and natural ingredients.

Photo Credit: Key East

Guest iluvugudbye

[Photo] History of Bae Yong Joon season 3

source: byjgallery/maron
original source:http://datv.jp/p000366/
reposted 2 MYBYJ blog/shinara

many thanks for sharing.

byjhistory3.jpg
History of Bae Yong Joon Season 3
Will be aired on Saturday, June 9th 2012 at 15:00

Guest iluvugudbye

BYJ Photos (2)