YG = yong-gyu

HG = hwang-gu

CAI = choi ah-in

AI = ah-in

HS = hyeon-seok

CJ = chul jong (IH's ex-fiance)

AR = ae-ryung (GH's sister-in-law)

JM = jong-mi (HM's hostess friend)

HM tries to flee after beating up YS, but IH follows him out and stands infront of his car to stop him. HM gets out and yells at IH but IH orders him to go back and apologize.. and asks why he won't ever take any responsibility for his actions... how he never took responsibility for dumping IH, for killing her mom, for doing nothing when AI got hit...

YS and HG come out and tell IH to stop, and IH gets in the car with YS to take him to the hospital. HM watches IH cuddle up to YS in the car and gets furious.. getting into his car and following them to the doctors. at the hospital the doctor examines damage to YS's eyes and YS tells the doctor to tell IH he's gonna be okay when he was getting his eyes bandaged up.

IH goes up to YS who tells him he's fine, and IH says she'll listen to him better from now on... IH feels very bad about YS and YS says he feels very happy that she's by his side at last... and he'll be glad to get hurt again if that's what it takes. IH smiles and steps out of the treatment room.. where HM is waiting for her. IH is surprised to see him but follows him to his car.

HM tells IH to get in the car and IH asks him why would she listen to him... HM says he doesn't like IH being close to YS because it makes him feel dirty and how dare she gets close to YS infront of him, when HM is the one who gave her her first kiss and made her a woman. IH gives him a dirty look and tells him if he died she would open up his head to see if he really knows what love is.

HM then says he'll pay back all the money he owes her and IH laughs cynically saying what about her mom and her daughter and if he really wants to pay his debt he needs to pay with his life. HM calls her his and IH says the day he left her mom and daughter dying she died with them and she was reborn with a new life and she's given that to YS a long time ago...

IH leaves and HM swears he will make her his again.

IH returns to the hospital room and HG, who is attending to YS asks her what took so long. IH says the doctor told her if YS gets stressed he could lose his eye sight again, but YS says not to worry.

meanwhile, HM is parked outside of his car and waits for GH to leave the home, then goes inside the house. HM goes to the room he shares with GH and takes bank account statements, GH's jewelry, and the diamond cufflinks... then he goes to the dinning rom and picks up the wooden AI doll YS carved saying he's not fearful.. but as he turns his head he sees an image of the deceased AI in the mirror and gets startled.. then breaks the glass mirror and runs off... appearing to be scared of the doll.

at the hospital IH is attending to YS when YS's mother arrives looking angry. YS's mother wants to talk to IH alone and YS tells IH not to be afraid of his mom and tells her to tell his mom they will never separate no matter what.. and tells IH if she ever leaves him he's gonna kill himself for real. IH follows YS's mom outside and YS's mom tells IH YS went to look for his father to ask for help to take revenge against HM. IH is emotional at this and YS's mom says love doesn't only hurt IH it hurts other ppl too.. and pleads IH to take good care of YS, her only child and one that is more important than life itself to her.

IH thanks her for putting YS's fate in her hands and cries.

YG gets a visit from GH. YG thanks her for coming to him and GH begins to weep... blaming YG for making her the bad woman who ruined IH's life.. and killed IH's mom and caused IH's daughter to die... GH asks YG how she can undo her mistakes and YG just hugs her to comfort her.

meanwhile IH takes YS's eye bandage off at the hospital. IH tells him to go to sleep and YS asks her to get in the bed with him. YS asks her what his mom said to her then starts to tease her about how she wants to marry him.. and the two share a tender loving time in bed.. then YS tells IH he loves her and IH says she can't seem to say it back... then YS says he'll just have to say it twice and kisses her twice as well.

GH falls asleep at YG's but her phone rings.. YG checks and sees it's HJ calling. he textmessages her back with his phone to tell her GH is asleep but he'll have her call her back once she's up. HJ who is with mr. jin agrees with mr. jin that the best way to deal with HM is to get rid of him by sending him somewhere far away so he can't ever bother IH again.

next morning HM's mom wakes up and finds HM standing in her apt. shocked, she asks him why he's here and HM tells her to ignore the jin's if they contact her, and he's leaving cuz everything's over.. but HM's mom tells HM about GH and YG.. how he gave her a debit card and the pin number was GH's phone number.. then suggests CAI is not HM's child but YG's instead.

HM leaves his mom's apt, and swears as he drives that he won't forgive GH and YG if CAI turns out to be YG's child.

HM goes to meet with mr. hong. meanwhile, IH calls GH to meet cuz she has something to tell her. YS is next to IH to support her and tells her she did the right thing.

HM breaks open a firesafe box he stole from the jin's and finds money and valuables...

IH meets with GH who tells IH she's a fool.. and IH says she's a bigger fool than she can imagine because she believed HM when he lied about the smell of perfume on him.. and when he lied about the watch GH bought her.. and how she even believed him when he lied about having to golf for business on their wedding day.

GH cries and says she hates her because she won't even scold her for taking away her husband.. and causing the tragedies in her life. IH says she hates GH too because she treats her like a real sister and because she can't be happy even after ruining her life. GH cries and apologizes to IH and IH apologizes back. the two embrace and weep together.

YG reports to mr. jin about what's happening with GH and tells him he's on his way to see YS. mr. jin says okay as the family settles back in the house after returning from their fishing trip. suddenly CAI lets out a cry and the family finds her bleeding in the kitchen while holding the doll YS made, her feet bleeding after having walked over the broken glass HM left..

GH gets a call about CAI and rushes to the hospital telling IH it must be HM who broke the glass in the kitchen. at the hospital CAI is preped for surgery and IH has a break down.. crying out at CAI.. confusing CAI as AI, her own daughter.

HM takes the blood-stained wooden doll CAI dropped as she was rushed to the hospital and goes to the clinic to have his own blood drawn so they can do a dna/partenity test.

meanwhile GH watches IH crying next to CAI.. telling the little girl she must get well and she mustn't end up like AI.. GH tells IH CAI's gonna be fine and ppl don't die from such foot injury, but IH says CAI is too little and she's suffering. GH suggests they leave but IH says she wants to stay and tells GH to hurry and come back because little girls need their moms.

GH says she will and asks IH to take care of CAI while she's away.. IH agrees and GH is heart-broken at how sad IH is....

mr. jin's son and AR return home to tell mr. jin CAI is recovering from surgery and will be fine, but IH seems to be having a breakdown confusing CAI with the deceased AI. mr. jin tells HJ to go check on IH...

mr. jin goes to his office and finds his office trashed by HM, and mr. jin has a stroke attack. the doctors at the er tells the family to gather so they can make a decision about mr. jin. AR leaves CAI in IH's care and tells her about mr. jin as she leaves.

IH has a mental breakdown over what's happening and kneels in the corner of the hospital room crying worrying about ppl dying. just then YS arrives and IH starts to call him 'oppa'... and worries that CAI is dead... as she relaspes into her mental illness.

YS drives IH home and silently cries over her state.

HM calls HG and asks him where IH is. HG yells at HM and tells him IH is being admited back to the mental hospital after her relapse. HM spends the night with a hooker and says he's going crazy thinking about IH whom he can't be with...

at the hospital YS watches IH sleep and swears it's his turn to go after HM.

----------- end ep. 20

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest dramaok

sbs 'tears of diamond' episode 21 (final):

IH = in-ha

GH = ga-hee

HM = hyeong-min

YS = yi-seok

HJ = hyeon-ja

YG = yong-gyu

HG = hwang-gu

CAI = choi ah-in

AI = ah-in

HS = hyeon-seok

CJ = chul jong (IH's ex-fiance)

AR = ae-ryung (GH's sister-in-law)

JM = jong-mi (HM's hostess friend)

the psychiatrist tells YS since IH isn't seriously ill she well likely recover again soon but they have to be very careful not to let her past resurface or else she will go into deep relapse, and she must take some pills.

IH asks YS what the doctor said and IH appears to have regained her conscious. YS tells her about what the doctor ordered and IH says YS must be careful too because he could lose his eye sight if he has too much stress.

IH apologizes to YS and tells YS she loves him (first time she said 'i love you').. then tells YS she's gonna marry him so she won't return to her past.. but he must watch over her because he means the world to her now.. YS who is very touched tears up and nods to say okay, then hugs her.

meanwhile mr. jin is still unconscious and the family is gathered around him waiting for him to wake up. GH tells HJ as soon as he is recovered they should HJ and mr. jin should get married right away. mr. jin's son thanks HJ for being by his father's side and YG asks HJ to take good care of mr. jin. they all leave and HJ is left alone to tend to mr. jin.

HJ cries and asks him to wake up soon, as she holds his hand and promises to give him everything he needs.... she continues to beg for him to wake up and tells him she loves him.

meanwhile, YG tells YS to do a good job for him. YS promises to do a good job for him, and for mr. jin, and for IH, and for everyone else.

HM meets with mr. hong who directs him to see YS's father, who heads the company that rivals mr. jin's company. HM tries to sell off some of the secret documents he got from the jin company but YS's father backfires at him saying HM has no character.

just then YS's dad gets a call from YS who's delivered a chair to his father. YS's dad excuses himself from HM and goes out to greet YS and tells YS he will do as he wishes and compliments YS for being a great man and YS says it's due to his mom's upbringing.

YS's dad returns to his office and HM asks him what the chair is for and YS's dad tells HM his son made it for him. HM is surprised to hear that. just then there's a knock at the door and YS's dad opens the door for YS to come in. HM is shocked to see YS coming in and YS tells HM about mr. jin's and IH's condition and it's all HM's fault. YS's dad yells at HM for hitting YS previously and HM runs off.

mrs. moon's companion gets a call from HM asking him to meet. the companion hangs up and tells YS things are according to their plan.

meanwhile GH delivers a box of pictures and the deceased AI's clothes to HM's mom's and tells her about HM's first wife IH, and how HM killed IH's mom and daughter.

HM gets the dna results that say his blood and CAI's blood are not a match. HM goes to his mom's and finds GH there. HM's mom begins to hit HM for not being a human... and GH tells HM to look at the box of stuff she brought but HM yells at her saying she has no right to tell him to do anything.

HG appears from no where and HM gets furious.. pushing GH to the wall and causing her to bleed.. HM's mom goes to help GH and GH says to HM he's killed their child with his own hands.

GH is at the hospital and CAI is staying with IH. IH feeds CAI, calling her 'ah-in' and crying.. at the hospital HM's mom tells GH she's gonna take HM with her to the states and they'll never return .. and asks GH to tell IH not to worry about HM anymore. GH cries and says sorry about CAI and HM's mom cries too as she leaves.

HM is meeting with mrs. moon's companion, not realizing his relationship with YS, HM hopes to get lots of money for his documents. but the companion takes out plane tickets and some money, and tells HM his son told him this is all he should give HM. HM asks what son and just then mrs. moon and YS appear, with mrs. moon telling HM he should know her son.

HM is startled to see YS again and asks why he appears everywhere he goes.. YS, YS's mom, and her companion urge HM to leave korea and never return. HM runs off and decides he must go to IH.

HM shows up at IH's and tells her all he needs is her and they should leave together. IH pushes him away saying she can't live with him.. just then CAI cries out from the room and HM is startled again.. IH tells HM to leave but HM throws a flower pot at IH causing her to bleed from the forehead... HM goes to her and tells IH he loves her.. but YS arrives and HM attacks him too.

HM runs out of IH's place and gets in his car to drive off... as he drives off an ambulance with sirens passes by and HM sees the image of IH's daughter AI getting hit in his side mirror.. and sees IH's mom dying in the other side mirror.. then HM halucinates about seeing AI staring at him from the passenger side.. and sees IH smiling at her from the back seat... as HM hallucinates he drives his car wayward and an oncoming truck hits him..

next, HJ is finally getting married to mr. jin, who is limping when he walks. all the family and friends are gathered to celebrate the wedding and IH tries to hold back her tears...

HJ and mr. jin exchange rings and mr. jin kisses HJ, then they bow before the guests as they clap for the newlyweds. afterwards, IH goes to the hospital and visits YS who has his eyes bandaged up again. IH hands him HJ's bouquet and says HJ wanted him to have it.

then the doctor arrives and flirtatiously tells YS he needs a shot. YS says she's not his regular doctor and she says she wanted to see YS's butt so she came to administer the shot on him. YS complains and asks IH to help but IH walks away to go home.

at home IH looks at pictures of herself with HM and cries over HM and the times they shared together in the past when they were once happy together..... and how everything came to an end for them....

a year has passed.

IH goes to the police station where a poster looking for HM is pasted by the entrance. the police tells IH since it's been a year and they still haven't found HM they should give up on the missing person's search.

at the river, GH sets a picture of HM on fire and puts it in the water to let it float away. IH watches and comforts her.. AR, mr. jin's son, and YG are standing behind them with a framed picture of HM as they gather to give HM a funeral.

afterwards, IH goes to see her mom and daughter at the place where their urns are kept. IH takes off her ring and tells her mom HJ is married to mr. jin, and GH also married YG and are living happily with their daughter... as for YS he's had to have a second surgery but his doctor really likes him and they seem to be a good match so she should leave them alone...

then IH cries and tells her mom now she can go to them... after HM had his accident a year ago they never found him again so yesterday they had a funeral for HM... and how at first after the accident she was afraid that he might reappear again but seeing that he's gone for good she suddenly feels strengthless... as if she had lived with hate all this time... but now she's gonna go to her mom and to AI and tells them to wait for her just for a little while longer.

as IH steps out she sees a butterfly landing on a flower.. and waves by to her mom and AI in the sky as the butterfly flies away toward the sky.

IH gets on a bus to the coast and writes 'moon yi seok' on the sand before she goes on with her plan of commiting suicide. but just then YS grabs her hand and pulls her up. IH watches YS and says nothing. just then HJ appears to smile at IH and IH gets emotional. HJ looks back and IH sees mr. jin, HG, GH, and CAI looking at her. IH walks to mr. jin and he tells her she can't leave because if she does they all need to follow her.

IH looks at CAI who gives her a big smile, then looks at HG and GH who give her smiles as well. YS grabs her and pulls out a diamond ring to put on her finger.. and tells her he will be with her forever.. then YS kisses IH as CAI giggles...

meanwhile, infront of a fancy hotel a woman gets out of a convertible and bumps into HM who is still alive. the woman apologizes and HM smiles back mischieviously...

----------- drama end

arghhhhhhhh... grrrrr

the ending of HM was so ...........

ditto but i didn't really want him dead either. i don't know too many deaths already. too bad he didn't repent.

I didn't like the ending for HM...><.. At least IH and YS ended up together.

yup i was really disappointed when they inroduced that woman doctor to the plot line but i'm glad YS only has eyes for IH.. ^^

thank you mily2 for all your effort and the time you spend downloading and uploading the files so i can watch this entire drama. hong eun hee and yoon hye young are two of my fav. actresses and if it weren't for you i would've had to miss this drama. thank you so much and we definitely have to get together so i can buy you that drink i owe you. =D let's see if i'm motivated to drive all the way down to your neighborhood one of these days.... ^^

mic.. my dear.. i'm also thankful because u introduced me to this wonderful drama.. no worries.. we will definitely meet up.. and u don't have to drive all the way down.. we'll meet each other half way, k? hehehe.. i'm officially addicted to ur summaries.. now i will follow u wherever u go..I want to volunteer to be ur watching buddy.. so which drama r u watching next? hehehe.. :)

Guest yujah52

I saw Yoon Hye Young and HM on Ya Shim Shim Man last night aired in Hawaii. I'm happy Mr. Jin and HJ got married after he suffered a stroke, and she stuck with him when he was hospitalized. GH and YG got married since CAI is their daughter=)... Got digusted to have seen HM alive --faked his death in the end when he bumped into a rich woman in front of the hotel entrance/exit.

thank you DRAMAOK for faithfully writing the summary epi after epi. i've enjoyed it thoroughly. it seems like i've watched the show and i know the characters even tho i watched only one epi.

3 cheers for you. :)

Guest dramaholic

A big round of applause for Dramaok and Mily2 who have worked so hard to keep us updated on this drama....clap...clap...clap....

just a little update... 'tears of diamond' will end on 11-25-05. 2 more weeks (4 more episodes at 19 ep. total).

the drama that replaces it is called 'that woman' starring jeong seong hwan:

2005111410454655050_1.jpg

you may have seen him in 'romance' and 'hae shin, emperor of sea'... his costar is shim hye jin.

Does anyone know if there is a thread for this drama ("that woman")?

• 2 weeks later...

^ I dun think there's any. You can make a thread for it though ;)

I just started watching "She" ("That Woman") last night up to ep 2, then jump to episode 6....

the leading lady looks very very similar like choi ji woo :blink:

and oh boy... some twisted story there... hehee..

pretty exciting though ^_^

Guest missellee

this sounds like an interesting drama. i haven't seen yoon hae young in a long time from the bogoddo bogo days. she's really pretty and talented. i love the lead actor.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest missellee

this was such a good drama, with all the turbulence and everything. I think everyone in the cast was really good at acting. i'm glad to see yoon hae young back on t.v. she's really talented and pretty:-)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest raspb3rry

Does anyone have the ratings for this drama? I only heard of it today from my Uncle. His gf is gonna lend it to me :P. On the first page, it says drama for 19 year olds and above...what does that imply? Its not a kiddie show -- very serious?

And also, when was this drama made? The girl in the first pic looks like the girl in Ladies in the Palace (the queen), well sideways hehe.

• 2 months later...

This drama is really good..Although I think the story goes a little bit slow at the beginning..I find it become more and more thrilling after Hyeong Min left In Ha in order to marry Ga Hee..

Love the ending..It is a happy ending for every good people here..

I actually watch this drama because of Lee Jae Hwang. I just like to see his good looking..I first saw him in THAT'S SUMMER TYPHOON. However, TYPHOON ending is really upset me alot..

Fortunately, this drama has a happy ending. At least, the ending for In Ha is happy after suffer alot.

As for the lead actor Kim Sung Min..his acting is really great to play as a bad guy..

I wish to see more LJH drama in the future.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Love_at_Dolphin_bay

Sorry, where can I find the megaupload or filefront links to download the episodes. I can not use clubbox and all yousendit links have died already.

Thank you.

Archived