Brown Eyes: Yoon Gun & Na Ul

songielove

also, I checked hanteo today. "Two things..." is at the top of the yearly chart with over 100,000 just shortly a month after its release. SCARY!!!! I think they're well on their way towards the million aim.

this is without any promotion or performance or anything at all. i am truly scared o_O hats off to YoonGun and Naul o_O

Quite scary and cool at the same time, i know!!!! haha.. I have the chills just thinking about it..*

But the new MV is just awesome. Thanks for the link! I completely understand.. sorta.

It's like.. internal revenge, greed. Which makes it quite humorous when we actually see it done.

But in the end, it's still quite sad. =(

But YAY for Yoon Gun and Na Ul!!!! :w00t:

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eternal_bliss

Sales of Brown Eye's Latest Album Exceeds 100,000 in 5 Weeks

MNet Media says popular male singing duo Brown Eyes has sold 100,000 of its latest album since it was released five weeks ago.

Brown Eyes' management agency said the album sales of the duo's latest album exceeded 100,000 copies on the Hanteo Chart as well. The duo has become the second K-pop artist this year to sell more than 100,000 albums after singer Kim Dong-ryul.

K-pop fans are raving over the title song of Brown Eyes' latest album "Don't Go, Don't Go" as well as "Because of You."

A part of the proceeds from the album sales will be donated to a relief organization dedicated to digging wells in Ethiopia as well as to an organization that helps children of low-income families in Korea.

Credit: KBS Global

Amazing.

Alice

^Wow.. that is true! I don't recall 100,000+ album sales this year.. and all in 5 weeks!!

Beautiful statistics. :P haha.. thanks!

That's just amazing how Brown Eyes is capable of doing that. Well, it's simply not a surprise..

But it's just more wonderful how there aren't any live promotions/PFs involved.

That's just, all the more, proves their magnificent work. B)

Bless them.. :D

Thanks for sharing the link. I just watched the perf. It was AMAZING. <3Seriously. VOS was so good. Although it would be great if Brown Eyes could performed it live.

Congrats to Brown Eyes for selling more than 100k! :D That's a big feat for the korean industry. And without any promotions and just after five weeks! CONGRATS!

Guest superstar`kiss

^

^

I just watched that and it was the most amazing-est EVER!

haha! The boys looked like they were struggling a bit towards the end but it still sounded beautiful! :lol:

Can you imagine if YoonGun and Naul performed it?? M!Countdown would've probably had the most rating of the night! haha!

I think no one could've done it better than V.O.S.!!

Guest soulmate

I watched the Dont Go performance by VOS.

Though I love VOS to death, but I have to admit, Brown Eyes still owns.

Dunno why, I feel more touched by Brown Eyes version.

^That's how it's always been.

But i have no doubt that if Na Ul wasn't doing military service right now, they'd be performing on stage together. =)

Since.. they're all out in the public now. Well.. actually. Maybe it's much more interesting to keep them from the public.

They've never been on stage together. That'd be awesome.

V.O.S.' pf was awesome, Na Ul's high notes are so hard to reach!!

Yet, they did wonderful. =)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fobbiyo

I always knew Brown Eyes was amazing, but I just officially checked them out! I am soo late -_- I had one song, that.. I [shamefully] don't listen to at all. I'm quite "obsessed" about them recently. Now I see what's the big hype about them. Reading about their amazing album sells is just truly amazing. It has not been a week since I've listened to their 3 albums, and I already want to buy it all. It's definitely going to be in my "ALBUMS TO BUY" list :D I'm finding myself repeating "Don't Leave" and "Don't You Worry". hahahaha. I also read they never perform? That sucks alooott! I want to hear their beautiful voices live. Live performances feel so much more different than recorded. -_- So.. they never done a stage together? Like.. EVER? :o

Btw, how long has Naul been in the military? and when is he coming back?

Oh and also, was that "typo" supposed to be there on the 3rd album cover? O_O objets? ---> objects? Someone explain?

I just watched their Don't Leave and 너 때문에 MV. 너 때문에 was quite funny, hilarious actually. Even though it was supposed to be sad, which it is, I still found myself chuckling.

Don't Leave on the other hand was extremely confusing! OMG. I was sooo confused. Those types of MVs always makes me confused and I have to read someone else's explanation to actually get the thing -_- The MV was GENIUS though. After getting it and going "OHHHH!!" many times, I loved the MV. Ten thumbs up for the director.

Guest thenylonkid

^

OMG now we need a sexy picture of Na Ul 8D

@fobbiyo: I also want to know how long Na Ul has been serving and when he is coming back...

NaUl enlisted in December of 2007, so he will be back around December 2009. Or around there. :)

As for the typo, i think it was intended. The company branded it like that. :sweatingbullets:

Kind weird, but cool. Haha. And yes i know, their "Don't Go Don't GO" MV got everyone puzzled.

But the stories and analysis afterward are just fun and interesting to read. I seriously went "OHHHhhhHHH" too! :lol:

And no, they never perform live as Brown Eyes, together. I begin to wonder if they would have done live PFs if NaUl wasn't in the military. But i came to the conclusion that Brown Eyes started out that way. No live promotional activities. And that's really the amazing part that makes Brown Eyes unique. We just kind of go :o when we first hear about the non-promotional stuff, yet they manage to top charts+sales. It's quite scary. Awesome-scary. haha.. idk how to explain. But Brown Eyes wouldn't give off the same feeling as back then if they were to stand on stage together and perform today. All the topping charts statistics would just not be as WOW..*

AhhhHhh.!. There are lovely photos of NaUl too! Haha. But that one of YoonGun is just *dreamy*dreamy* :rolleyes:

My 3,000th post dedicated to BROWN EYES!!^^

Guest fobbiyo

^ My gosh, they need more love from Soompi! I SO regret not looking more into them a long time ago. I'm so addicted O_O I wish they made "Your Eyes" longer, because I'm repeating that ONE minute thing like crazy! hahaha. Naul<3 I love his voice. :w00t:

I know right? I was like :o When I read they never do any promos. I think that kind of sucks since I really want to see something that is officially recorded you know? I won't settle for others singing their song! No matter how good it is! I know Brown Eyes can do it ALOT better.

Nooo. Naul! <33 2009 seems so long from now. I really want to attend one of their concerts one day. It looks so exciting!

Their album name is really.. artistic? Well not really, but I never seen anything like it. After reading it, I was staring at the boxes forever. HAHAHA. I was like "Wow" lol. Objets? Really? What's objets :P lmao :lol:

Yes, no promotions yet their albums sell like hotcakes. Amazing. I love them. *goes and listens to Don't You Worry*

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Min_Jin920

brown eyes!!!

im so late in becoming their fans..shd hv notice this awesome duo much earlier!!

luckily my local radio station play their song 'gajima' or if not i may still not knowing them><

the high notes are unbelievable beautiful^^

i agree that not many can perform as well as vos for their song^ my fav as well^^

hwayiting brown eyes!!!

btw does anyone know where i can find their music sheet??

OMG! Congratulations Brown Eyes for making it onto Soompi artist of the week :D They totally deserve it! Oh gosh, even without any promotions, they still freaking RULE. How awesome is that? :w00t: I still can't get over the album.

Guest Min_Jin920

songielove: thx so much^^ im glad as well to know them^^ their songs make my day^^

but i hope that i can find 'gajima gajima' music sheet..that's the first song that i heard frm them><..

its the song that embark my journey on becoming Brown Eyes's fan^^^ hehe...

and i m so glad that NaUl obba's birthday just only 3 days frm mine^^ wakakaka~~~

haiz...there's not much Brown eyes fans in my place here...just only a few weeks their song survive in the local kpop chart.....*thumping my heart...tears flowing....*

Archived