Guest ororomunroe

5 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

Last post for the night. 

I love this scene although I should be worried about him following behind her. And the song played at this moment is so lovely. 

It is quite obvious now he is taken by her but his dark side still pops out from time to time and that's when I scream 'RUN!' 

@NRGchick Let's put a creepy background music, and it surely became a thriller scene... hahaha.. YJ the serial killer stalking his prey~~ hahaha

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Cheese in the Trap” Drama Completes Scripts for All Episodes

“Cheese in the Trap” Drama Completes Scripts for All Episodes

The scripts for all sixteen episodes of tvN’s new drama “Cheese in the Trap” are now completed and ready to be filmed!

The drama is based on the popular webtoon of the same name written bySoonkki. The webtoon began its run in 2010 and is a huge hit, with over 1 million views on each of its episodes and totaling about 1.1 billion views for all episodes combined. Fans of the webtoon were naturally both excited and nervous to hear that it would be turned into a drama.

Thankfully, fan reactions to the first three episodes of the show that have now aired have largely been positive. Many fans are commenting that the show manages to keep the flow of the original while adding more things to enjoy, and many are happy with the story development and actors’ performances as well.

It was announced on January 11 that all sixteen scripts have been finalized. A representative from the show has also previously confirmed that they will not be extending beyond sixteen episodes. As the scripts have been completed at such an early stage, it seems like we can look forward to solid story development from this drama.

Since the original webtoon is still ongoing, there has also been a lot of attention paid to the fact that the endings of the two works will most likely be different. Director Lee Yoon Jung previously responded to this by commenting, “We met with the original webtoon writer Soonkki. She wanted an ending that was just our own.” She adds, “It’s planned that while the flow will be similar, the ending will be slightly different. It’s similar but it will end with a different event.”

SOOMPI

1 hour ago, emme85 said:

@NRGchick Let's put a creepy background music, and it surely became a thriller scene... hahaha.. YJ the serial killer stalking his prey~~ hahaha

It's so true LOL. Someone really needs to teach this boy the proper way of courting a girl. Rule #1. If you've seen a murder do it in a movie, yeah you migh not want to copy such behavior. Do not follow the girl for blocks say nothing and just watch her. Though that dude did it in the drama with Park Shin Hye as the girl turned boy as part of boy group who's name I obviously can't remember now. Viewers went gags there. I think it's just something to do with PHJ and how he can make his eyes so devoid of life/emotions.

I was wondering. When did they started filming this drama? It should be cold since it's winter in Korea right now, right? 

The actors in this drama can be seen wearing light clothing as if they're filmed it in Spring / Autumn.. 

45 minutes ago, emme85 said:

I was wondering. When did they started filming this drama? It should be cold since it's winter in Korea right now, right? 

The actors in this drama can be seen wearing light clothing as if they're filmed it in Spring / Autumn.. 

I had the same thoughts.  Episode 3 showed HS still wearing short skirt, while her friend was wearing shorts, and my first thought was, "wow, if they just filmed, which meant it was cold already, the actors were good in acting out as if it were spring"!

8 minutes ago, merlnpau said:

I had the same thoughts.  Episode 3 showed HS still wearing short skirt, while her friend was wearing shorts, and my first thought was, "wow, if they just filmed, which meant it was cold already, the actors were good in acting out as if it were spring"!

They dilmed.those scenes early on..i think it was September or eatly October..it was autumn though for sure.. They actually started filming the dating scenes in advance or scenes like todays..phj said it himself...

1 hour ago, emme85 said:

The drama is pre-produced. They started filming spring of last year, I believe and will be done filming the last 3-4 episodes by the middle of this month.

@emme85 For me personally the scene where you jung follows seol is not creepy at all. It was more of him watching her not knowing if he should talk to her or if he talked to her what should he say..it wasn't stalkerish for me. It seemed like he didn't want to disturb her but just make sure she was ok from behind.. 

1 hour ago, madlena said:

@emme85 For me personally the scene where you jung follows seol is not creepy at all. It was more of him watching her not knowing if he should talk to her or if he talked to her what should he say..it wasn't stalkerish for me. It seemed like he didn't want to disturb her but just make sure she was ok from behind.. 

It all depends on perception. I agree with you and your assessment of why he silently followed behind her. However for Seol who has it in her head that he is out to get her LOL (they both had a lot of misunderstanding the first year so some of her things are justified and some, she blows way out of proportion/her own paranoia gets the best of her) she would jump out her skin to see had been following her all that while. I view Jung as very observant and all of that, but he himself doesn't really know how interact with people socially and really allow someone to get close. He's a socially awkward young man who has inherited some things and fakes that he's "normal" really well. But then the term "normal" is also subjective (one person's normal is another person's strange) So basically Jung has yet to really learn and master what is universally considered acceptable or unacceptable behavior. I don't know, reading the webtoon I always felt something is just not all right in his head. Something isn't clicking with him that no you can't do that to people because you simply can't, that's not the way the world works. Have some empathy. If we were all an eye for an eye and a tooth for tooth we would all be deaf, blind, and mute. He's a really, really interesting character. But yeah, I agree with you and also understand why @emme85 found it creepy.

@MrsSoJiSubAgree with you 100%.. Couldn't phrase it better myself!! He thinks that he Has to act a certain way, like when he is at uni and he is the all around nice guy so that he is accepted and doesn't want to say to others.what pisses him of and rather does it one on one like he did with that guy at the bar or sang chul before. He is not afraid to show his darker side when alone with the other person. But seol definitely has him confused and he surely doesnt know the right way to approach her.

Spoiler

Your comment actually brought to my mind a certain part of the webtoon where jung after being confronted by seul about what she heard from AP  about the scholarship and her part time job was wondering "why am i the weird one? Aren't everyone else the weirdos?" he sure is a complex guy!

Welcome me guyss...

This is my first post in soompi. HALO!^^

wohooo so excited....because this drama totally so excited !

cant wait any longer but need to be patient until tomorrow

could you help me please, anyone who knows the song at the end of episode 2 (59.49-end) ? i really need your help t.t

@madlena I know exactly what scene you are talking about and Jung's inability to understand, just tells you everything you need to know about the guy. You're right that he is complex but it's not just that. From what I know of the webtoon it goes deeper than that and I like that we don't get the usual trope of why he behaves the way he does. I don't want to spoil and for some reason can't find the spoiler tag but it all goes into his dad and has ties to Inho's grandfather and how the two siblings came to live in his home and why. The whole webtoon for as too long and draggy and lawds seriously when are we going to get meaty answers and just end it. It's a really interesting read and makes me want to take out some of my clinical psychology books and attempt to analyze Jung as if he were a real person LOL. As much as I love the character. He is need of some psychological help LOL.

But I figured it all out (not serious). I know exactly what is wrong with Yoo Jung. He is an adolescent child in a grown man's body (aka every man everywhere especially those in Korean dramas). His behavior in the classroom with Seol, what a baby. He's all sour because of last night and the "you're like everyone else" bs, so what does he choose to do? He's going to go back to ignoring her and acting like she doesn't really exist and being just strange because he still notices her (if you won't let play with your toys well you can't play with mine. nah nah nah :P) He's a toddler LOL. I know in another scene I am going to change my mind, but that classroom behavior was so immature.

Watched episode 3 raw and felt it was the episode that was most in sync with the webtoon. almost everything there happened in the webtoon (except maybe the dinner scene with baek siblings, jung and his father).

i got why jung was mad at seol..but to go to the extent of ignoring her? that's no no and very childish, even for jung. poor seol didn't get what got into him, after he chased her for a while haha. that's very confusing and the girl is already confused. as someone mentioned here - no joo yeon today! lol but she'll back next ep. (boo hoo). but we saw this episode that  we don't need her to make things complicated for our girl. tho i knew what will happen with the group presentation from the webtoon, still i felt sorry for seol for how much she worked hard but because irresponsible groupmates she got a bad grade..it happens so much in real life i'm sure many viewers felt her pain. even our complex guy who doesn't feel for anyone felt bad for her since he knows how much grades important to her. it was a bit stalkerish but i loved how he walked after her doesn't know how to approach her, he doesn't know many things related to human feelings and i hope seol will teach him later. also i loved how despite their fight when jung heard how something bad might happen to her he ran toward the place and saved her from the sleazy guy (and didn't spare to scare him afterwards haha). did you notice how jung sort of stormed on her when they went out the bar? he was so angry how she was not careful and let herself get drunk in the company of other boys.. i bet if she was sober he won't behave like that and i think she won't remember that .tho she did evade him the morning after, probably ashamed at how she was drunk.

Kinda expected the confession to happen this week but i thought it will be in ep.4..it was rather fast. it felt to me like jung noticed how seol and in ho were getting closer and he was afraid to lose her so he sort of made a move to secure her for himself. but from the preview it seems like she won't run to him so fast and i like that cause in the webtoon it was sort of out of the blue. how cute was their conversation after the scene we know from the highlight (when she called him sunbae when he helped her with the drinking machine) it's like he felt relieved to talk with her after some time and he missed her. also their kimbap scene when he's like a little boy happy to figure out how to eat it and gives it to her haha..

regarding seol and inho, i really like their budding friendship. they look nice together (but i like her more with jung) and they have similar traits like how they are both are not hypocrite and what you see from them is what you really get. i can see why in ho is attracted to her as a person and how a bit by bit seol is learning to trust him and see he is different from jung in the way that he is not two faced and it's refreshig (btw. kudos to SKJ . he was really good this episode). he is like the other coin. jung is the shadow and he is the light.

hope seol and bora will make up fast cause i like their friendship very much and i didn't like to see them distant.

what do you say about jung's father? he seems like a good father and cares very much for baek siblings. looking forward for scenes with him and jung that may explain us jung's behaviour.

that's it what i have to say after watching raw. when subs will be out i'll add more. :) i can sum up it was another great episode and i enjoy it so much even if i didn't understand anything. i like how they really focus in college matters and not only the romance/ relationships part, since in real life, how many of us really focused in romance all the time? in this time of life' what mattered to us weren't only relationships but also doing good in uni/college and find a good job.

Triangular Kimbap that Park Hae Jin purchased in drama 'Cheese In The Trap' becoming a hot issue

The Triangular Kimbap that Park Hae Jin purchased in drama 'Cheese In The Trap' is becoming a hot issue.

Recently, the Triangular Kimbaps (Korean seaweed covered rice) that Park Hae Jin purchased in drama 'Cheese In The Trap' is becoming a hot issue.

The products were released at convenient stores around Korea shortly after tvN drama 'Cheese In The Trap' premiered, and they are becoming the bestsellers all across the country.

A representative said, "Over 100 thousand Kimbaps were sold just in three days, and we have never seen anything like this."

The Kimbaps became the bestseller of every store just in a day, and it is said that high sales of that particular Kimbap also positively influenced sales of other Kimbaps.

It is said that the aggregate sales volume of all Triangular Kimbap products increased by 35.5% between January 6th and 8th.

The sales volume is still increasing at a rapid pace, and a great number of fans and netizens are showing largely surprised reactions for Park Hae Jin's colossal popularity once again.

Park Hae Jin is playing in 'Cheese In The Trap' as a mysterious lead role named Yoo Jung, and he is receiving a great number of high compliments for his phenomenal performance.

Park Hae Jin is also widely recognized as one of the most leading young actors of Korea at overseas, and many people are showing huge anticipation for Park's future activities.

In China, many people are asking where they can purchase the 'Yoo Jung Triangular Kimbap' on different Internet websites and SNS.

Meanwhile, 'Cheese In The Trap' airs on every Monday and Tuesday at 11 PM.

Triangular Kimbap that Park Hae Jin purchased in drama 'Cheese In The Trap' becoming a hot issue

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

Source: http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=428282

Jung :heart: Seol couple all the way 

Hey, I'm new to this thread, will probably be a sweet stalker a la Jung :lol:

This ep was nice, I felt so bad for Seol, for a straight A+ student to get a D, I totally understand how she feels, and she actually worked hard for it, the others are really mean.

Jung wasn't really going to ask her this fast, but probably since some started setting an eye on her, he decided to move fast :wub: I loved that he worries about her, can't help but thinking about her, he even cut In Ha to get revenge on In Ho for trying to get close to her. (should I write those in a spoiler?)

The drama is moving at a fast pace compared to the webtoon, I like it this way. I was wondering how they'd fit 4S in 16 ep. Each season gets 4 ep. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Archived