Guest ororomunroe

7 hours ago, maboroshi said:

Triangular Kimbap that Park Hae Jin purchased in drama 'Cheese In The Trap' becoming a hot issue

The Triangular Kimbap that Park Hae Jin purchased in drama 'Cheese In The Trap' is becoming a hot issue.

Recently, the Triangular Kimbaps (Korean seaweed covered rice) that Park Hae Jin purchased in drama 'Cheese In The Trap' is becoming a hot issue.

The products were released at convenient stores around Korea shortly after tvN drama 'Cheese In The Trap' premiered, and they are becoming the bestsellers all across the country.

A representative said, "Over 100 thousand Kimbaps were sold just in three days, and we have never seen anything like this."

The Kimbaps became the bestseller of every store just in a day, and it is said that high sales of that particular Kimbap also positively influenced sales of other Kimbaps.

It is said that the aggregate sales volume of all Triangular Kimbap products increased by 35.5% between January 6th and 8th.

The sales volume is still increasing at a rapid pace, and a great number of fans and netizens are showing largely surprised reactions for Park Hae Jin's colossal popularity once again.

Park Hae Jin is playing in 'Cheese In The Trap' as a mysterious lead role named Yoo Jung, and he is receiving a great number of high compliments for his phenomenal performance.

Park Hae Jin is also widely recognized as one of the most leading young actors of Korea at overseas, and many people are showing huge anticipation for Park's future activities.

In China, many people are asking where they can purchase the 'Yoo Jung Triangular Kimbap' on different Internet websites and SNS.

Meanwhile, 'Cheese In The Trap' airs on every Monday and Tuesday at 11 PM.

/Reporting by Kim Dong-Joo en@starnnews.com

Source: http://starn.hankyung.com/global/en/news/index.html?no=428282

Hehehe if PHJ's picture on the Kimbap when I was in Korea last year I would buy out the whole store!  They are so delish and extra incentive if PHJ pic on it LOL!!  If the convenience stores here in the states have them, I would diligently go every day to buy some LOL  :lol:

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am so in love with Yoo Jung. He is handsome , smart and brooding. I think Yoo Jung is not a bad person but he tries so hard to be nice but people just won't leave him alone. He is just trying to live his life but people just love to use him. He finally meets someone who isn't trying to use him and he finds it refreshing. 

Hong Seol is a sweet girl but people like to take advantage of her because she refuses to sat and up for herself.  She has great friends but causes a lot of of misunderstanding because they don't understand the position she is in. 

Chingu's Do you think the professor is right that Hong Seol doesn't know how to be a team player????? Please help me out here.  

Clearly I saw she tried to work with them but they never wanted to work together. They always had an excuse for not meeting.

The selling of the triangle kimbap is insane but not gonna lie, if I was in Korea I would go and buy some too. I think it has a PHJ sticker on it. I would want to add his face to my personal collection too...

I was so shocked when Jung admitted that he was being childish in his behavior and that it was a poor way for him to express his feels. I went from casually enjoying the scene to sitting up straight in shock. He knows his faults and admitted to it *applauds* He was the cutest most happiest thing when Seol asked him to eat. Soo freaking adorable. He has asked her so many times and gotten rejected. He had to practically drag her to eat the last time, and this time she asked him He went from :) to :w00t: so quick LOL. PHJ is killing it in this role. Also he is just an adorable dork and truly a child in a man's body. I can't believe he practiced to be able to open the triangle kimbap perfectly. Then he just looks at her grinning and waiting for applause. He was such cute little thing there. I like it when he lets his guard down (is not menacing) and just enjoys himself while being himself. 

I'm so in love with this drama. I total think Yoo Jung is misunderstood. he is not the type of person to explain himself especially to the people that he feels that are close to him and should know him. Does anyone know the song played at the end of episode 2? I'm dying to find that song...please anyone.

I can't even function properly.:cold_sweat: I love this show to pieces. Three episodes and poof! Season 1 is over. 

While reading the webtoon, I was shipping Seol with InHo and constantly telling her to run away from Jung. But the drama makes me become more understanding that perhaps Jung is not a psycho but just an archetypal INTJ romantic hero. The third-person perspective helps. 

By the way, please observe the forum rules. Do not quote pictures/videos/long posts.  See you tonight!

I kinda have a feeling that YJ is probably guilty abt his past with In Ho...just him, not the sister (she's so annoying!)

And I feel that he is trying to make things right with them...in a way...he's just so complex it's so hard to decipher the things he does!

AND everytime he smiles...I forget that he has a dark side to him, especially the last few scenes with seol...he was almost giddy hahaha

33 minutes ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

The selling of the triangle kimbap is insane but not gonna lie, if I was in Korea I would go and buy some too. I think it has a PHJ sticker on it. I would want to add his face to my personal collection too...

I'm kicking myself for leaving Korea right before this is aired (was working there for a while). Coz I'm craving some triangle kimbap at the moment. Well, I can't get them from my local 7-11 anymore, just have to settle with the next best thing: grabbing some leftover rice with seaweed and kimchi and making a wrap out of it. The shape is just a luxury at the moment and the sticker, all well, everyone's got imagination..  

38 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

I am so in love with Yoo Jung. He is handsome , smart and brooding. I think Yoo Jung is not a bad person but he tries so hard to be nice but people just won't leave him alone. He is just trying to live his life but people just love to use him. He finally meets someone who isn't trying to use him and he finds it refreshing. 

Hong Seol is a sweet girl but people like to take advantage of her because she refuses to sat and up for herself.  She has great friends but causes a lot of of misunderstanding because they don't understand the position she is in. 

Chingu's Do you think the professor is right that Hong Seol doesn't know how to be a team player????? Please help me out here.  

Clearly I saw she tried to work with them but they never wanted to work together. They always had an excuse for not meeting.

Not sure how it works with team projects but I like working solo.. I can't rely on fellow team members to do their work. But now that I'm an ahjumma, I work with a team filled with expertees so it varies with age groups. 
I think what she meant was that HS had her chance to speak up and rat on her team members for not making any contributions. 

Have you read the novel, chingu? It's quite fascinating and much more slower! :)

19 minutes ago, blademan said:

I kinda have a feeling that YJ is probably guilty abt his past with In Ho...just him, not the sister (she's so annoying!)

And I feel that he is trying to make things right with them...in a way...he's just so complex it's so hard to decipher the things he does!

AND everytime he smiles...I forget that he has a dark side to him, especially the last few scenes with seol...he was almost giddy hahaha

I have so much I want to say.. but will ruin for you since it seems like majority of those on this thread have not read the webtoon.

3 minutes ago, thunderman1 said:

Not sure how it works with team projects but I like working solo.. I can't rely on fellow team members to do their work. But now that I'm an ahjumma, I work with a team filled with expertees so it varies with age groups. 
I think what she meant was that HS had her chance to speak up and rat on her team members for not making any contributions. 

Have you read the novel, chingu? It's quite fascinating and much more slower! :)

I have so much I want to say.. but will ruin for you since it seems like majority of those on this thread have not read the webtoon.

OMG pls do! Just put in under spoiler i don't mind!

13 minutes ago, blademan said:

OMG pls do! Just put in under spoiler i don't mind!

I don't know how spoilers work after all these years but I will put it in yellow below: 

Basically, IH used to be good friends with YS in the past when they were younger but because of a slight misunderstanding, IH's right hand was injured and he lost hope in playing piano. He was bullied and IH misunderstand YS for not intervening when he should have and so he blamed YS for everything. Someone correct me if I got this wrong because I read the webtoon when the flashbacks occurred back in early 2015. It is a long webtoon for those who have not read it, you should because there are a lot more intimate and detailed scenes. Tehehee. 

1 minute ago, thunderman1 said:

I don't know how spoilers work after all these years but I will put it in yellow below: 

Basically, IH used to be good friends with YS in the past when they were younger but because of a slight misunderstanding, IH's right hand was injured and he lost hope in playing piano. He was bullied and IH misunderstand YS for not intervening when he should have and so he blamed YS for everything. Someone correct me if I got this wrong because I read the webtoon when the flashbacks occurred back in early 2015. It is a long webtoon for those who have not read it, you should because there are a lot more intimate and detailed scenes. Tehehee. 

tqsm!

Cheese in the Trap: Episode 3

by javabeans | January 11, 2016 | 22 Comments | 117 votes, average: 4.86 out of 5117 votes, average: 4.86 out of 5117 votes, average: 4.86 out of 5117 votes, average: 4.86 out of 5117 votes, average: 4.86 out of 5 4.86 out of 5 stars (117 votes)

cheese3-00674b.jpg

Cheese in the Trap has all the makings of a crack drama and pop-culture sensation, which the ever-climbing ratings only serve to confirm. But more than a sweet, potentially giddifying romance with appealing characters, I’m really responding to the thread of thoughtfulness running through the show, and the development of the characters beyond the romantic. You’ll never hear me complain about romantic development as a bad thing, but you’ll also never hear me complain about a romance that suggests hidden layers and emotional depth. When you get them both together, you’ve got something special, and while it’s still very early to make definitive conclusions, Cheese does hint at something special

[DRAMABEANS RECAP]

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

I do not think that Seol is not able to work in a team. She just had no luck with his team members ((( And as YJ said to her, she was too compliant. Team members simply dropped all the work on Seol, because they knew that she would do everything well and on time. 

2 minutes ago, rhaps said:

In my opinion, the professor has a point, but she is also being too hard. In real life at work, sometimes you get to work with a team of difficult people. There are conditions where you can not work alone and people judge your team as a whole, not just you. There are ways to deal with difficult people, but if they are too many, then the choice is either do your best or leave and find another team.  In HS's case, I haven't watch this with subs, but I have read the recaps. In my opinion, yes .. Sangchul is hopeless, but how about the other 2 friends ? I still feel that HS can do more to cooperate with them, but I didn't see that. 

Then again, if I were the professor, then I won't give her a D. I will give her at least a C , then D for the rest of the team. A good teacher / superior should also listen to her subordinates, so I don't think she is being fair here. Then again, superiors like that do exist in the real life.  Perhaps that is what the professor is trying to teach : the lesson of working in a real work environment.

Spoilers below: (for those who want to read what I have already read from the webtoon--if you don't want to know, don't use your mouse to highlight on the text). 

Min Soo will return later on showing a more bold side of her, probably instigated by HS. She wanted to imitate HS because HS was soon to be popular amongst her peers. Perhaps the green monster got to MS because  HS was soon to be getting the attention, thanks to Sunbae.

Archived