Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

[News] Ji Chang Wook places second in May drama actor brand reputation rankingwp-1492603910709.jpeg

The Korea Business Research Institute has released its brand reputation rankings for drama actors for the month of May, and Ji Chang Wook has emerged second on the list!

The institute analysed the data of 50 actors and actresses currently starring in ongoing dramas for the period between 20 April 2017 and 21 May 2017. The stars were measured from 49,718,309 pieces of data based on their influence on consumer brand participation, amount of media mentions and interest, degree of engagement with consumers and the amount of interest generated in online communities.

Ji Chang Wook came in at second place with 762,137 points for brand participation, 1,034,292 points for media, 1,030,484 points for engagement and 1,267,818 points for community, which amounted to a score of 4,094,731 for brand reputation.

wp-14953351320141.jpeg?w=864&h=704

Ranked ahead of him in first place is actor Park Hae Jin, while Park Sung Woong came in third; both actors are starring in the JTBC drama “Man To Man”.

His “Suspicious Partner” co-star Nam Ji Hyun is placed sixth on the list, after Yoo Seung Ho and Kim So Hyun who are both in the MBC drama “Ruler: Master of the Mask” that is airing in the same timeslot as “Suspicious Partner”.

wp-14953351207681.jpeg?w=726&h=1139

Congratulations to Ji Chang Wook and we hope that the drama will continue to do better!

Credit: Korea Business Research Institute 

• Like 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 15-21, 2017

It’s still not pulling in insane numbers at just under 14%, but it’s a head and shoulders above romcom Suspicious Partner, at least where numbers are concerned.

Wednesday, May 17      
Mystery Queen 13 KBS 8.7%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 5 MBC 11.2%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 6 MBC 12.5%
Suspicious Partner 5 SBS 6.6%
Suspicious Partner 6 SBS 8.0%
Thursday, May 18      
Mystery Queen 14 KBS 8.2%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 7 MBC 12.0%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 8 MBC 13.4%
Suspicious Partner 7 SBS 6.8%
Suspicious Partner 8 SBS 7.4%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-15-21-2017/

Ji Chang Wook And Nam Ji Hyun Are Closer Than Ever Behind The Scenes Of “Suspicious Partner”

Ji-Chang-Wook-Nam-Ji-Hyun2.jpg

Recently, SBS released behind-the-scenes stills of Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun on the set of “Suspicious Partner,” where the two look closer than ever.

Suspicious-Partner-Ji-Chang-Wook-Nam-Ji-

The stills show scenes of the two at No Ji Wook’s (Ji Chang Wook’s) house, as well as No Ji Wook caring for Eun Bong Hee (Nam Ji Hyun) after she hurt her leg in the previous episode. The actors seem to have warmed up to each other quite a bit, and viewers can look forward to the characters getting closer in the episodes to come.

Along with the reveal of the stills, producers of the show commented, “Not only have Ji Wook and Bong Hee become closer recently, so have Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun in real life. The environment on our set has changed a lot due to their blossoming chemistry,” and continued, “The two stars are trying their best to portray a lovable couple, so we hope everyone will enjoy and support the drama.”

Spoiler (through Episode 8)

Spoiler

In the previous episodes of the show, Eun Bong Hee ran into No Ji Wook again after avoiding him for two years after her murder trial incident, which had forced him to resign from his job as a prosecutor. She ended up moving in with No Ji Wook after not being evicted from her home because she was unable to pay rent for many months. No Ji Wook, who used to keep his distance, is now more open to the idea of having Eun Bong Hee around him. The eighth episode ended with No Ji Wook not being able to remember anything from a night of drinking and trying to recall if anything had happened between him and Eun Bong Hee. No Ji Wook’s ex-girlfriend also appeared in the eighth episode, leaving viewers eager to see how this will complicate things for Eun Bong Hee.

“Suspicious Partner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!Suspicious-Partner_Soompi_610x130.jpg

Source (1) / soompi news

Spoiler

[Instagram Update] 22 May 2017

잘먹었습니다!!!!   #고마워 #데이락 #dayrock #맛점 #로코킹 #수상한파트너

Thank you for the food!!!!   #thank you #dayrock #dayrock #nice lunch #romantic comedy king #Suspicious Partner

[Instagram Update #2] 22 May 2017

오늘 이렇게도 많은 먹거리가 현장으로 왔습니다.  오늘은 배부른날 행복한날   #Thanks #Arab #Fan #goodnight

Today there was so much food that came to the set. Today is a filling and happy day   #Thanks #Arab #Fan #goodnight

Nam Ji Hyun And Ji Chang Wook Behave Like Newlyweds In Latest “Suspicious Partner” Stills

Nam-Ji-Hyun-Ji-Chang-Wook.jpg

Suspicious Partner” has released new stills featuring actors Nam Ji Hyun and Ji Chang Wook.

On May 24, SBS unveiled the stills that further tease the growing intimacy between Ji Chang Wook’s character Ji Wook and Nam Ji Hyun’s character Bong Hee.

Suspicious-Partner8.jpg

The images show Nam Ji Hyun, who is dressed in a suit, pushing a cart at a grocery store. Ji Chang Wook seems comfortable in front of her as he fills her cart with cookies, beer, and detergent.

A source from the production team stated, “This is a sweet scene where Ji Wook and Bong Hee have a date while going grocery shopping, much like a newlywed couple.” Viewers will be able to see how their relationship develops in the upcoming episodes.

Meanwhile, “Suspicious Partner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!Suspicious-Partner_Soompi_610x130.jpg

Source (1) / soompi news

***JCW is mentioned..............

Ha Ji Won Voted Worst Onscreen Kisser in Hilarious K-netizen Poll

LINK here : http://koalasplayground.com/2017/05/23/ha-ji-won-voted-worst-onscreen-kisser-in-hilarious-k-netizen-poll/

Nam Ji Hyun Becomes Ji Chang Wook’s Personal Nurse In “Suspicious Partner” Stills

Suspicious-Partner2.png

SBS revealed stills of Nam Ji Hyun taking care of Ji Chang Wook’s injury in the upcoming episode of “Suspicious Partner.”

In one of the photos, Eun Bong Hee (Nam Ji Hyun) has her hands cupped around No Ji Wook’s (Ji Chang Wook) injured face. No Ji Wook is looking away from Eun Bong Hee’s eyes with an irritated expression.

In another photo, Eun Bong Hee gives a worried look as she treats the cuts on his face, while No Ji Wook sits still. The two are sitting across from each other in a close distance, giving off a romantic chemistry.

Suspicious-Partner-450x900.png

“Suspicious Partner’s” production team explained that this is a scene where No Ji Wook, who always saved Eun Bong Hee from her troubles, finds comfort in Eun Bong Hee’s presence and starts to depend on her as well. The production team also shared, “The two actors were very focused during the shoot. They looked like an actual loving couple who were worried for each other.”

“Suspicious Partner” airs every Wednesday and Thursday. Watch the latest episode at Viki!Suspicious-Partner_Soompi_610x130.jpg

Source (1) / soompi news

14 Reasons We’re Swooning For Ji Chang Wook

ji-chang-wook6.jpg

If you clicked on this feature, you’re probably like me and have fallen for Ji Chang Wook. Maybe you fell in love with him many years ago when he was still a rookie actor, maybe you started admiring him after watching his hit drama “Healer,” or maybe you’re just curious about who the good-looking guy in the thumbnail is. Well, I can tell you that there are a million reasons why Ji Chang Wook has become one of the most popular and swoon-worthy actors right now in the K-drama world. Here are just 14 of those many reasons.

Spoiler

1. He does the most amazing action scenes.

He even did his own stunts for the drama, “The K2“!

2. He has sizzling chemistry with all of his female co-stars!

girls-generations-yoona-and-ji-chang-wook-star-in-the-tvn-drama-the-k2.jpg

healer-pmcjcw-540x360.jpg

3. His adorable dance moves.

Absolutely no shame.

4. He rides motorcycles and looks hella good in leather jackets.

031417_ji_chang_wook_bike_01.jpg

ef4e9bd22a7a7d71b48d3bac3f909afba5cc3f95_hq.jpg

5. He made a guest appearance on “We Got Married” for his good friend, Choi Tae Joon.

jichangwook-3.jpg

6. He can sing. Really well.

Are you melting?

7. He has an infectious laugh that is guaranteed to make you smile.

8. His amazing acting skills.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf2fqhxVShg

Look at those tears. He’s a natural.

9. The adorable photos he takes with his mom.

04b92245-f1a8-4b9d-8d46-4bf197e62dbc.PNG

BDB37OMCMAAocpr_zps24560b19.jpg

Are you in love yet?

10. The one-liners he delivers that make our hearts skip a beat.

tumblr_oq687dZP4C1var5i8o1_540.jpg

tumblr_opv1l85Thr1unrbkao2_1280.png

11. His smoldering gaze.

I bet you watched this clip at least twice.

12. He has a dog named “Ggoma” who he LOVES.

img_4040-copy.jpg

246dc64692c4aba92975690a5f843e6b.jpg

What is it about a man who loves animals.

13. He can pull off casual AND dressy.

tumblr_oq6866USz81var5i8o1_540.jpg

You know what they say — Get a man who can do both!

14. And last, but not least, these GIFs from “The K2.”

And there you have it.

credit : soompi news

Spoiler

• Like 2

"Suspicious Partner" Choi Tae-joon gives reason for Ji Chang-wook and Nara's break up

photo851839.jpg

Choi Tae-joon was the reason Nara and Ji Chang-wook broke up.

The ninth and tenth episodes of the SBS drama "Suspicious Partner" showed why Noh Ji-wook (Ji Chang-wook) and Cha Yoo-jeong (Nara) broke up.

Noh Ji-wook ignored his ex-lover Cha Yoo-jeong and Eun Bong-hee (Nam Ji-hyeon) pretended to be his girlfriend. Noh Ji-wook told Eun Bong-hee, "I went to her house one day and I saw her with someone else. That's all".

Noh Ji-wook quit the law firm and decided to set up an office to work with Eun Bong-hee with. Ji Eun-hyeok (Choi Tae-joon) asked him to put him on his team but Noh Ji-wook ignored him. Ji Eun-hyeok then said, "I want to tell you what happened that day".

Ji Eun-hyeok's recollection of the past was surprising. He had a crush on Cha Yoo-jeong and he watched her show her love for Noh Ji-wook and watched the two of them start to date. He didn't give her up and in the end things led to an affair and Noh Ji-wook saw that.

Source : www.newsen.com/news_v...

Translation : Hancinema

[Instagram Update #1] 26 May 2017

오늘도 덕분에….!!  #지창욱갤러리 #감사합니다 #잘먹었습니다

Thanks again today….!!  #Ji Chang Wook Gallery #thank you #I enjoyed eating

*Ji Chang Wook Gallery refers to his Korean fan base Ji Chang Wook DC Gallery.

[Instagram Update #2] 26 May 2017

이밤에도 한씬을 위해 많은 분들이 고생하고 있어요..! 감사합니다!!!! #수상한파트너 #스텝 #화이팅 #괜찮아 #다잘될거야

Many people are still working hard this late at night for the sake of one scene..! Thank you!!!! #Suspicious Partner #staff #fighting #it’s okay #everything will go well

[Instagram Update #3] 26 May 2017

바라보다  #노지욱 #은봉희 #수상해 #아무래도 #수상해 #굿나잇 #잘자요

Looking on  #Noh Ji Wook #Eun Bong Hee #strange #whatever #strange #good night #sleep well

"Suspicious Partner" Ji Chang-wook admits Nam Ji-hyeon is girlfriend to Nara

Ji Chang-wook introduced Nam Ji-hyeon as his girlfriend to Nara.

Noh J-wook (Ji Chang-wook), Eun Bong-hee (Nam Ji-hyeon) and Cha Yoo-jeong (Nara) faced each other on the latest episode of the SBS drama "Suspicious Partner".

Cha Yoo-jeong asked Eun Bong-hee if she was really seeing Noh Ji-wook. She also said, "I liked you from the beginning, but why did he have to choose you?"

Eun Bong-hee also said, "I feel the same way. Why did he have such a pretty girlfriend?"

Cha Yoo-jeong asked again if they were seeing each other and Eun Bong-hee said yes but didn't make eye contact.

Yoo-jeong said, "I knew you were lying. Of course, Ji-wook wouldn't with me around".

However, Noh Ji-wook appeared and said, "I would pick her over you". He put his arms around Eun Bong-hee's shoulder and walked away with her.

Source : www.asiatoday.co.kr/v...

Translation :Hancinema

[Magazine] 10+Star, Issue 70 – The Real Ji Chang Wook Without Grand Modifiers

10plus01_jcwk.jpg?w=600&h=837

Ji Chang Wook said his hobby is to ride his bike. Although he doesn’t like speed, he likes the feel of the wind when riding on a bike, he said with a soft expression. At one point in time, the words used to describe Ji Chang Wook were “action”, “intense”, “fighting spirit” and “rough”, etc. But the Ji Chang Wook who is seated facing us in reality is a simple and ordinary youth who enjoys acting and dreams of having a happy family. We had an easygoing chat with the real Ji Chang Wook without grand modifiers.

Your movie “Fabricated City” drew more than 2.5 million audiences. It seems like Ji Chang Wook’s potential as a movie star has been recognised.
I didn’t think of myself as having received huge recognition. I just feel a sense of relief for completing this safely. I really had fun working on this. Although it’s a pity that it did not receive greater success, 2.5 million is not a small figure. I am grateful towards the audiences who watched the movie and those who helped out during the production of this movie.

You must’ve felt a great sense of accomplishment.
This is my first leading role in a movie so it holds significance. I think this will likely remain as a very big production to me. This was my first time doing promotions for a movie. Actually, I thought of it as nothing much, but I ended up working harder on it as I did more promotions. Unlike television ratings, we get to see the audience admission numbers together everyday, which made me even more ambitious while doing the promotions.

You’ve been starring in shows of the action genre consecutively.
My body isn’t that great because I’ve been doing too much action. I don’t even exercise when I’m taking a break from work, but my body hurts instead. I’m currently exercising to regain my health. I think I need to build up my fitness if I want to cope well when I start on a project these days. Actually, exercising to build up your body is not something enjoyable. You need to control your diet, shut yourself in the gym to do repeated exercises, which is a really agonizing thing. But despite that, I try to exercise consistently for the sake of my health.

10plus02_jcwk.jpg?w=600&h=832

You held a fan meeting in Taiwan.
Because it has been a long time since I visited Taiwan, I prepared many songs for my Taiwanese fans and also prepared my heart/prepared myself emotionally. Before meeting my fans, I thought a lot about how I should treat them. I’m always thankful. I’ve not done any special activities in Taiwan, but I’m able to hold a fan meeting because they enjoy watching Korean dramas. I’m grateful to them for coming to see me and for liking me.

What would be the reason for your popularity in Taiwan? 
I heard that “Empress Ki” did well in Taiwan. I’m also aware that “Healer” and “The K2” were also aired there.

Ji Chang Wook’s charm also seems to have resonated well even in Taiwan. 
Haha. I think they like me because of my shows. I think they like my characters in those shows. That’s also one of the reasons for me to work harder on my acting in the future.

Not long ago, ‘Fabricated City’ was sold to 31 countries including the United States, Australia and New Zealand.  Have you ever thought about going to Hollywood? 
I have never thought about it (laughs).  I want to do better in Korea. Maybe I will have some ambition after that?  If I have a bigger dream or a good opportunity, I will want to proceed with it naturally. But I don’t have such lofty ideas right now.

10plus03_jcwk.jpg?w=600&h=792

To what extent do you have a big picture of yourself as an actor in mind?
I drew a big picture when I was young. Apart from being an actor right now, I think more about what I should do as a person to live more happily. In the midst of that, I have my job as an actor. Right now, acting is something that I really enjoy and something that I want to do. But rather than the need to achieve a big dream as an actor, I ponder more about how I can live happily as someone’s husband and as a parent next time.

Maybe because you already have several successful works as an actor (laughs)?
It seems like people only remember that my shows did well. There are many people who are not aware that I perform in musicals also. Looking at that, I didn’t choose to act in shows for the sake of wanting to succeed. I hope that achieving success is not a purpose for acting. Although a job is tied to one’s livelihood, that is just fundamental; apart from that, I want to always enjoy working. Of course, it’s great when the show does well, and I do my job to help the show succeed, but viewership ratings and results are not something that I can control. I do not want success to become the focus of my job. Whether or not the show performs well, if I can be happy with the people I work with and do my best, there are no regrets even if the results are poor. When I suddenly look back on the past, that piece of work remains as a happy memory. It is sad if the mood at the film set turns bad because of poor viewership ratings.

Was there a character that made you consider with discretion for a long time when you received the script? 
Always, I’m always worrying. There are not many times where I go “Woah, this is definitely okay” at once. I worry and ponder over it. In the case of my recent work “Fabricated City”, the things that worried me more ranged from whether I will be able to do a good job to what kind of emotion I should use to approach the audience.

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/05/27/magazine-10star-issue-70-the-real-ji-chang-wook-without-grand-modifiers/

• Like 2

Drama viewership ratings for the week of May 22-28, 2017

dramaratings_2.jpg

Wednesday, May 24      
Mystery Queen 15 KBS 8.4%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 9 MBC 11.9%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 10 MBC 13.8%
Suspicious Partner 9 SBS 6.8%
Suspicious Partner 10 SBS 8.3%
Thursday, May 25      
Mystery Queen 16 KBS 8.3%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 11 MBC 12.1%
Ruler—Master of the Mask 12 MBC 13.8%
Suspicious Partner 11 SBS 7.1%
Suspicious Partner 12 SBS 7.8%

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/05/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-may-22-28-2017/

45,000 Koreans Vote On Which Idol Is The Best Kisser

Netizens voted for their favorite male actor kissers – and names like Gong Yoo and Kim Soo Hyun made the list – but who won?

In a poll totaling 47,355 votes, Netizens came together to select which of their favorite male actors portrayed the best on-screen kisses. Many actors were up for the vote – including favorites like Lee Min Ho, Gong Yoo, and Kim Soo Hyun, but the list may surprise you. Here are the results of the poll, which totaled at 18 of the top kissers.

15. Ji Chang Wook (320 votes)

giphy.gif

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Koreaboo

LINK to see FULL article : http://www.koreaboo.com/buzz/these-actors-are-the-best-kissers-according-to-koreans/

[Drama] Ji Chang Wook fans make the news over massive food support with trucks containing hot/iced tea and coffee, roasted meats, rice cake, soondae (blood sausage), fish cake, fried lobster and sausage were sent to the filming site in Ilsan on 25 May.  Since it's quite hot in Korea at present, cooling towels were also provided to the cast and crew!

DBDLuSIUwAAD2Im.jpg

[Event] Ji Chang Wook to hold 10th debut anniversary concert before enlistment

14695446_607661556111566_659154650905691

Glorious Entertainment has announced plans for a special Ji Chang Wook concert to mark his 10-year debut anniversary this year!

From a bright youth in 2008, Ji Chang Wook has grown to become one of South Korea’s representative actors today.  This concert serves as an opportunity for Ji Chang Wook to celebrate this special milestone with his fans and to repay the love that fans have given him over the years. Before he bids a temporary goodbye, he wishes to also offer the gift of unforgettable memories before his impending military enlistment this year.

Beginning in Japan in 2012, Ji Chang Wook has spent the past six years on tour in China, Taiwan, Hong Kong and elsewhere throughout Asia.  Based on the rich experience and know-how gained from the Ji Chang Wook Asia Tour, you can expect to see a new appearance and best performances for actor Ji Chang Wook.

14612374_607661459444909_220831833782024

The concert will be held on 22 July 2017 at the Olympic Hall in Olympic Park in Songpa-gu, Seoul.  (Olympic Park was also where Ji Chang Wook held his 2015 Birthday Celebration.)  Other details such as the event time and ticket sales will be provided by Glorious at a later date.

Credit:  Glorious Entertainment

• Like 1

Ji Chang Wook And Nam Ji Hyun Are Completely Absorbed In Each Other In “Suspicious Partner” Preview Stills

suspicious-partner-24.jpg

Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun’s romantic chemistry is stronger than ever in the new preview stills of the upcoming episodes of “Suspicious Partner”!

In the stills, Bong Hee (Nam Ji Hyun) carefully undoes Ji Wook (Ji Chang Wook)’s necktie, thinking he’s asleep, when in fact, he’s awake and looking at her intently. When she realizes this, she gets flustered and tries to leave, but Ji Wook grabs her hand and makes her stay. In the last image, Ji Wook is asleep on the sofa, while Bong Hee is sleeping with her head on his lap.

suspicious-partner-32-e1496213489158.jpg

This cute scene will unfold on episodes 13 and 14, which will air on May 31 and June 1 at 10 p.m. KST.

Also check out more stills of Ji Wook and Bong Hee’s previous interactions!

Spoiler

suspicious-partner9.jpg

The producers of “Suspicious Partner” explained, “The heart-fluttering romantic scenes will continue.” Are you looking forward to seeing more romance between Ji Wook and Bong Hee?

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

Spoiler

Ji Chang Wook Gushes About His Chemistry With Co-Star Nam Ji Hyun

Nam-Ji-Hyun-Ji-Chang-Wook-XPN.jpg

Ji Chang Wook has nothing but love for his “Suspicious Partner” co-star Nam Ji Hyun.

During the drama’s press conference on May 31, the actor said, “Nam Ji Hyun’s just bearing with me. I mess around with her and tease her a lot whenever I get tired while filming, and she puts up with all of it.”

“She’s younger than me but I always feel thankful towards her. We have great chemistry, and it’s really fun going over the script with her. We have a great time while filming,” he shared.

Ji Chang Wook also mentioned his plans to enlist in the military right after the drama, saying, “Just because this is my last project before going off to the army, I didn’t prepare for this drama any differently. I think it’s important to put in my all for every single project.”

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 2

[Weibo Update] 31 May 2017

Hen jiu meiyou lai Weibo le. Nimen hao ma??  Wo zuijin zhengzai manglu de paishe zhong..  Nimen kan le ma?? Nimen xihuan ma??  Xiwang nimen xihuan!! Wo hui jiayou de

I haven’t been on Weibo for a long time. How is everyone??  I’ve been very busy with filming recently..  Have you all watched it?? Do you all like it??  I hope you all like it!! I will work hard

Post #2:

謝謝你們  Thank you

Spoiler