Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

201703292121_61180011363202_1.jpg

SBS and/or the production company apparently has trouble making up their own minds:  "Suspicious Romance" has now been changed to "Suspicious Partner" (수상한파트너).  But at least Nam Ji Hyun has finally officially for sure confirmed!  YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

Conversations about the drama can now be posted in the Official Soompi Thread here:  
  • Like 2

[Event] Ji Chang Wook to attend tvN Movies launch event in Malaysia

c8e4bwmu8ae3h2h.jpg?w=600

Looks like Ji Chang Wook will be jetting to Malaysia in a few short weeks!  He is scheduled to help promote his movie “Fabricated City” in tandem with the launching of cable channel tvN Movies in Malaysia on 8 April 2017.

Pay-per-view cable channel tvN Movies (a subsidiary of parent company CJ Entertainment) bills itself as the “World’s Only Korean Blockbuster Movie Channel,” and presents first-run English-subbed content to several Southeast Asian countries.  In fact, tvN Movies’ official launch was held in Singapore this past January 2017 and attended by none other than Ji Chang Wook’s “Fabricated City” co-star, Shim Eun Kyung.

tvN Movies’ launch event will be held at the Golden Screen Cinemas in Kuala Lumpur (time to be announced).  Sadly, this event appears to only be open to the press and not available to the public, but at least we’ll be treated to some wonderful photos during the presentation. 

We will update this post as soon as more details are provided by the event promoters.  Stay tuned!

Credit:  tvN Movies; Fast Track Events

• Like 1

"Mysterious Partner" Ji Chang-wook and Nam Ji-hyeon

photo834257.jpg

SBS drama "Mysterious Partner" have finalized its title and two main characters.

"Mysterious Partner" is written by Kwon Ki-yeong and directed by Park Seon-ho-I

Ji Chang-wook was already chosen for the role of No Ji-wook in "Mysterious Partner". Ji-wook is a handsome young man who is good at math, music and sports. He lives the life of his father and decides to become a prosecutor.

In the role of Eun Bong-hee is Nam Ji-hyeon. Eun Bong-hee is bright and cheerful and she used to be a Taekwondo teenage representative.

Ji Chang-wook is coming back with a drama for the first time in 5 years since the 2012 drama "Five Fingers". Nam Ji-hyeon starred in an SBS drama a year ago.

They also starred in the 2011 drama "Warrior Baek Dong-soo" as Baek Dong-soo and Yoo Ji-seon.

Meanwhile, "Mysterious Partner" is a romantic drama about a man and a woman who live in a world of prejudice.

source: http://www.hancinema.net/mysterious-partner-ji-chang-wook-and-nam-ji-hyeon-104524.html

[Hot Takes from the Noonas] Nam Ji-hyeon to star in "Mysterious Partner" with Ji Chang-wook

photo834303.jpg

The revolving door of possible female leads has come to a halt with the casting of Nam Ji-hyeon as Ji Chang-wook's co-star in "Mysterious Partner"

"Mysterious Partner" is set to air in May on SBS, but has only now finalized the casting of its female lead. It's been a casting roller coaster, as an initial offer went out to Lee Seong-kyeong, who turned it down, then Han Ji-min, who also refused. It's hard to say what the producers had in mind for the character, given how little these two actresses have in common stylewise, and the final choice of Nam Ji-hyeon doesn't really shed any light on the subject. Nam Ji-hyeon is fresh off her first lead role, as the naive and cheerful Bok-shil in "Shopping King Louis", but she's been in the industry for a long time as a child actress.

Nam Ji-hyeon is set to play Eun Bong-hee, a taekwondo champion turned judicial trainee, while Ji Chang-wook will play No Ji-wook, a public prosecutor gone into private practice. The two of them are thrown together as the intended targets of an amnesiac serial killer, but if this sounds too grim for you, keep in mind that "Mysterious Partner" is a romantic comedy.

Both actors have been around long enough to prove that they can handle both the comedy and the more emotional content. The real question is: will they have any chemistry?

source: http://www.hancinema.net/hot-takes-from-the-noonas-nam-ji-hyeon-to-star-in-mysterious-partner-with-ji-chang-wook-104543.html

• Like 1

***So many names coming up for his upcoming drama. Now, there's also "Mysterious Partner" - Can't wait to see the drama, which is set to air in May.  It's been a casting roller coaster for this series. (2) actresses had turned it down & finally......... there's a possible female lead already. NJH is fresh for her first lead role, though.  And will they have any chemistry? I hope so.....:lol: Wait & see.............

• Like 1

Ji Chang-wook teases images from photo shoot

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20170330

Ji Chang-wook on Wednesday shared some photos of his photo shoot for an upcoming pictorial via Instagram.

He wore a white rolled-up shirt with gray pants, paired with square-shaped sunglasses, having a sullen look. The actor left a message along with a photo saying, “#Tuesday #sleepy #hungry #diet.” 

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20170330

Meanwhile, he showed his professionalism in another picture, wearing the same clothes but placing sunglasses near his lips while looking straight into the camera.

Ji is preparing to film the upcoming SBS rom-com drama “Be Careful of This Woman,” with the female lead Nam Ji-hyun. 

By Jie Ye-eun (yeeunjie@heraldcorp.com) 

• Like 1

Ji Chang Wook's partner in new SBS drama confirmed to be actress Nam Ji Hyun

nam-ji-hyun-ji-chang-wook_1490826121_af_

Ji Chang Wook and Nam Ji Hyun will be working together in a new SBS drama!

Previously, it was announced that Ji Chang Wook would be taking the lead role on a drama which went by the working title, 'Be Careful of This Woman'. On March 29, SBS announced the title of the new drama has been deemed 'Suspicious Partner', and also that actress Nam Ji Hyun will be playing the female lead. 

Ji Chang Wook's character is a guy who's great at everything and becomes an investigator due to his father's wishes. Nam Ji Hyun will be in the role of Eun Bong Hee, a woman known for her healthy and bright characteristics. 

'Suspicious Partner' will be airing in May after the end of 'Saimdang: The Herstory'.

source : allkpop

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cherkell said:

Good news Singapore fans! Fabricated City will play in local cinemas starting 20 April!

@cherkell YES!!! actually i just saw this advertisement on TvN channel and was screaming like nobody business. i waited for the advertisement to appear twice before i dare to come here to tell you all. and here you goes, you are really a No.One Wookie's fan. you post the news first. thanks so much.

but i need to add on, they mentioned: In Singapore and Malaysia cinemas. means from 20 April onwards, it will be screen in both Singapore and Malaysia screens.

• Like 2

[Update] Want to win tickets to meet Ji Chang Wook on 8 April in Malaysia?

17554500_1755910418057672_89164815649164

Malaysian fans of Ji Chang Wook now have the opportunity to win tickets to the tvN Movies “Fabricated City” gala premiere on 8 April!  Two ticket giveaways have just been announced by tvN Movies and with Malaysian station HyppTV Channel 222 (cable) and HyppTV Everywhere (mobile application).

To enter the HyppTV contest, the requirements are:  Be every 5th participant to answer 3 simple questions by pressing the “i” button on your HyppTV remote control.  20 winners will be chosen by lucky draw to win 1 pair of tvN Movies Fan Moment passes to meet with Ji Chang Wook and receive “Fabricated City” gala premiere tickets.  The contest runs from 1 April through 5 April 2017 at 11:59pm Malaysia time (GMT+8).  Terms & Conditions

To enter the tvnMovies contest, the requirements are:

1. “Like” tvN Movies’ Facebook page & Instagram (@tvN.Movies)
2. Screen cap the proof for step 1 and send inbox message to tvN Movies’ Facebook Page
3. In the comment section, tell us why you want to meet Ji Chang Wook
4. Share this post to your profile (must set to public view) and tag 3 friends

3 participants with the most creative answers on tvN Movies’ Facebook Page will be chosen to win a pair of tickets to a meet-and-greet and get your photo taken with Ji Chang Wook, in addition to attending the gala premiere of “Fabricated City” on 8 April.  The tvN Movies contest deadline is also 5 April 2017 at 11:59pm Malaysia time (GMT+8).

Note:  The above contests are only open to Malaysian residents.  You only have a few short days left, so hurry and get your entries in.  Good luck!

[Magazine] Magazine M, Volume 199, February 2017 issuec3jly7zvmaesh3t

Facing a fabricated world, no holds barred like playing a game

Everything was fabricated. In a flash, PC-cafe-regular Kwon Yoo (Ji Chang Wook) was turned into a notorious murderer. Although he screamed “I am innocent” at the top of his voice, what he got in return were only fingers that pointed him as a murderer. Even if he was an ordinary young jobless man, was there a need for him to go through such a thing? “Fabricated City” is a movie that begins with the blood-boiling injustice of ordinary folks who step forth to overturn the world. He is not even Superman or Batman, but Kwon Yoo and his friends have the strength and resourcefulness honed from staying up overnight at the PC cafe. We met up with actor Ji Chang Wook who issues a head-on challenge to a world that reveals its bare face the more you get to know it.

“It has to be interesting. I wouldn’t be able to do it if it weren’t interesting.” Ji Chang Wook kept mentioning the word “interest” throughout the interview. That he wouldn’t be able to persist (acting) if it wasn’t enjoyable. That seems to be the force that has driven this actor to run breathlessly for close to 10 years. Ji Chang Wook debuted in 2008 and has filmed as many as 13 television dramas, even performing in musicals in between without resting. If we think about it, Ji Chang Wook was a friend of the small screen. He was the youth Donghae (“Smile Donghae”, 2010-2011 KBS1) who was an icon of hope and dreams, then he became the crazed emperor Ta Hwan (“Empress Ki”, 2013-2014 MBC), and transformed into the muscular bodyguard Jae Ha (“The K2”, 2016 tvN) and swayed the hearts of women. Considering the success he has achieved on TV and his widespread popularity in China, Ji Chang Wook’s leading role in this movie seems belated. What could it be that led him to “Fabricated City” after 10 years?

16463003_1919077144994673_9037677370049463466_o

“Actor Ji Chang Wook” is already famous, but “movie actor Ji Chang Wook” is very unfamiliar.
That’s right. But oddly, I made my debut in an indie movie. My debut work was “Sleeping Beauty” (2008, directed by Lee Hana) which I filmed during my university days. I had no luck after that and had no opportunities to act in movies. But looking at it, I needed a lot of determination before starring in “Fabricated City”. I was scared but it was a challenge.

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/04/02/magazine-magazine-m-volume-199-february-2017-issue/

• Like 1

JI CHANG-WOOK STORMS INTO MALAYSIA FOR UPCOMING ACTION THRILLER “FABRICATED CITY” - PRESENTED BY tvN MOVIES

Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA, 31 March 2017 – Multi-talented actor JI Chang-wook is set to grace Malaysian shores next week for the first time ever on 8 April 2017, to discuss his new action crime film, Fabricated City. This movie is proudly presented by tvN Movies, World’s First & Only Korean Blockbuster movie channel, which will be launched in Malaysia via HyppTV (CH 222) on 1 April 2017. 

Helmed by a multiple award-winning director PARK Kwang-hyun, Fabricated City talks about a hardcore gamer Kwon Yu (JI Chang-wook), who spends most of his time in an Internet café - due to chronic unemployment - after being booted out of the national Taekwondo team for assaulting a teammate. Kwon’s life takes an unexpected dip following an abrupt arrestment and life imprisonment for sexually assaulting and murdering a minor, which supposedly happened after he returned an abandoned cell phone to a mysterious female caller. With the help of his virtual teammates, they uncover a massive plot to a mysterious underworld organization and it is up to Kwon and his allies to combine forces to prove his innocence.

“When I’m standing on the edge of the world, who will hold my hand? Can a group of powerless people come together to fight against a mighty foe? This was the message of hope that I wanted to convey in Fabricated City,” said Director PARK, who wrote the script based on current socioeconomic inequalities, as portrayed by Kwon and team who seek retaliation against rich and powerful organizations, out searching for scapegoats to stand-in for their felonies. 
Director PARK’s 2005 seminal feature film ‘Welcome to Dongmakgol’ that combines reality, fantasy, humanism and humor was a phenomenal hit which brought in more than 8 million admissions in South Korea. 

With regard to his lead actor, a familiar face in top rated Koreans dramas such as The K2 (2016) and Healer (2014), Director PARK said, “JI Chang-wook is extremely capable of understanding and pulling off believable acting and action sequences. From portraying a strong male figure to a vulnerable boy, his acting spectrum is very wide. He’s an adaptable actor”. 

Fabricated City also marks JI's feature film debut as lead actor. JI will be in Kuala Lumpur for the Gala Premiere of Fabricated City, set to be held on 8 April 2017, at GSC Cinemas, Pavilion Kuala Lumpur. Media and invited guests will get the opportunity to meet and interact with the actor during media conference, as well as the premiere, within the same day itself. 
Fabricated City will be released in nationwide cinemas on 20 April 2017. For more information on Fabricated City, please visit www.facebook.com/SonyPicturesMY

Fabricated City is presented by tvN Movies, the world’s first & only Korean Blockbuster movie channel, which will be launched in Malaysia via HyppTV (CH 222) on 1 April 2017. tvN Movies strives to introduce and deliver top grossing, all-time favorites and award-winning Korean movies to audience in Malaysia. 

source : http://koreancrazed.blogspot.com/2017/04/ji-chang-wook-storms-into-malaysia-for.html