Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Buena Park CGV theater is closer to my home than the one in LA. Maybe I should go there and also visit Disneyland for one day vacation too.  I heard drama The Happiest Time of My Life will start filming in March, but until now there is no confirmation of any casting yet. Somehow I always hope to see JCW in a role of a doctor in a either a rom-com or good melodrama.  :wub: Actress Park Shin Hye would be a good fit to be JCW's romance co-star in a drama.

• Like 1

*** So, he's planning to have Lasik before his enlistment.....LASIK is a surgical procedure that uses a laser to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness, and/or astigmatism. This is the most commonly performed laser eye surgery. LASIK is safe and FDA approved but I heard from some of my friends who undergone this that there are side effects sometimes. In Korea, men are obliged to go under a physical examination once they turn 19 by the Military Manpower Administration, which determines their physical fitness level, or grade, for military service. In physical examination, the check-up involves tests of psychological and physical health, while the administrative process assigns new entrants to different posts, based on their backgrounds and preferences. This is done before enlistment. After a few hours, the men are divided into five different categories, in order of fitness: active duty, reserve duty, secondary reserves, eligible conscription status and secondary conscription status.  Enlisting military men who are dubbed Level 1 thru 3 will usually go through active enlistment. Class 3 rank? Before those who have severe vision problems - farsightedness or astigmatism - was categorized in the fourth class. Reviews can be conducted up to 3 times. Usually when receiving reviews, a set amount of time period is given for medical treatment. 6 months, or sometimes 4 months, is decided as the treatment period. The progress is checked and the decision is made…With the results from the last review, enlistment or exemption will be decided.:lol:

*** I hope this movie could have a good ticket sales. Good luck to “Fabricated City”! :lol:

Ji Chang Wook Explains His Awkward Relationship With Movie Co-Star Shim Eun Kyung

At an interview for his upcoming movie “Fabricated City,” Ji Chang Wook confessed that it wasn’t easy getting close to co-star Shim Eun Kyung.

When asked why, he revealed that both of them were too shy. “I wanted to talk to her when we were together, but she was busy preparing for the next scenes, and I didn’t want to make her feel uncomfortable by going over and striking up a conversation.”

The two of them met for the movie’s premiere in almost two years since filming, and they were awkward around each other all over again.

Ji Chang Wook explained, “A lot of my parts were individual scenes, and unexpectedly, I didn’t have very many scenes with Shim Eun Kyung. While working on the movie, I got to know many actors, but I felt lonely because I didn’t meet up with any of them often.”

Meanwhile, “Fabricated City” is a crime action movie starring Ji Chang Wook, Shim Eun Kyung, and Ahn Jae Hong. It is set to premiere on February 9.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2

For Your Viewing Pleasure: Laid Back

Welcome back to For Your Viewing Pleasure, where we take time out of the week to curate a set of photos from the K-pop landscape.

Sometimes stars feel slightly uncomfortable in their styling or poses can come off stiff or forced as photographers try to tease out specific visions in their shoots. Being relaxed is extremely important. Whether the subject is leaning comfortably against something or lying down, we explore some of the recent laid back looks.

(skipped unrelated.....)

20170131_seoulbeats_jichangwook_mariecla

source : seoulbeats

• Like 2

12 hours ago, ilwoo_aein said:

Annyeonghaseyo~~

This is my first post here. I'm glad that i can find this thread. I become his fan since "Healer". It's one of my all-time favorite drama and his character there really attractive. All this time i read updates about him from SNS and media news. I have watched some of his dramas such as "Warrior Baek Dong Soo", "The Five Fingers", "Healer" and "theK2". I hope he can back with new drama soon before his enlistment ^^

I found this on instagram and i thought it would be nice to share it here too so that all Ji Chang Wook fans can participate in the event ^^

@ilwoo_aein welcome to the thread!  Unfortunately, your IG posts are not showing up on certain platforms, so I've reposted them directly from the Lotte Duty Free promotions website.  The link to enter the contest is here: http://eng.lottedfs.com/handler/event/2017/EventEntry-Start?#ListGo

img_1.jpg

img_2.jpg

• Like 1

[Movie] Ji Chang Wook guests on KBS radio for “Fabricated City”

16228930_1899968840289711_70531702753067

Ji Chang Wook made his first Viewable Radio (Bora) appearance today on KBS Cool FM “Jo Yoon Hee’s Volume Up” to promote his movie “Fabricated City”.  *Note: Viewable Radio, or “bora”, is a type of radio broadcast in Korea that enables you to watch what is happening in the studio through a live stream online.

Showing his honesty right from the start in his opening greeting to the show’s listeners, Ji Chang Wook said, “Hello, I’m here to promote my movie”.  “Because this is my first starring movie, I’m nervous till my palms are becoming sweaty. Although it’s a movie that I’m starring in, I honestly find it interesting. Even the reporters who usually show little reaction liked it.”

“In the movie, I play a character who gets framed for murder within 3 minutes 16 seconds. I think it’s possible to do many things within 3 minutes 16 seconds. You can eat cup noodles, listen to music, and even brush your teeth.”

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/02/04/movie-ji-chang-wook-guests-on-kbs-radio-for-fabricated-city/

• Like 1

Hello everyone just dropping by and thank you for all the updates on Wookie.  I really love our guy for his passion and dedication.  He has been busy making rounds to promote Fabricated City.  I am really praying that it will hit bigtime in cinemas in SK and overseas.  He deserves all the recognition.  And I would just like to say that Wookie is really getting better everyday.  That Marie Claire and M Magazine photoshoot and IVs are just amazing, he is insanely gorgeous, handsome, sexy and hot!  And him with Ggoma they are just so cute.  How to be Ggoma? She is getting bigger and bigger as well!  I love the daddy and puppy photos!  And the radio guesting so awesome of him!  Figting Wook-ssi!!!

• Like 1

[Variety] Preview of Ji Chang Wook’s first appearance on “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook”

sketch1.png?w=600&h=343

In advance of Ji Chang Wook’s appearance on Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook variety program airing on 4 February, the news portals posted a few teasers to whet our appetites.

sketch2.png?w=600&h=340

On 24 January, it was announced that Ji Chang Wook would be making his first appearance on the long-running music variety show “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook to promote his upcoming movie “Fabricated City,” and had just finished recording his segment that same day.

sketch3.png?w=600&h=341
Ji Chang Wook participated in the recording on “Sketchbook” just as various actors and actresses have done in the past, including Gong Yoo, Gong Hyo Jin, Shin Min Ah, Kim Ha Neul, and Jeong Yumi.
  • Like 2

[Eng Sub] 20170204 CGV Movie Talk – Fabricated City10000000_293446804403844_905782117810569

Ji Chang Wook and director Park Gwang Hyun appeared on CJ Entertainment’s “Movie Talk” to — as the title suggests — talk about their movie “Fabricated City”.

Granted that this programme focuses on discussing the movie, the interview is not as comical as those you would expect on typical variety shows, but it does shed light on some of the artistic intentions behind the film. Enjoy!

Translated from Korean to English by Gabby.  Click on CC to enable English subtitles.

Please do not reprint, repurpose, screencap or otherwise copy our content without written permission. This video was uploaded for the sole purpose of providing English subtitles to international fans. No copyright infringement intended.

Credit: CJ Entertainment Facebook

• Like 1

Recently soompi often has news articles about Wookie . 

Check out this article: https://www.soompi.com/2017/02/03/americans-5-favorite-korean-actors-actresses-dramas-revealed/?li_source=LI&li_medium=article-recommended-articles

He is in the top 5 of American's favorite actors. JCW started to become well-known to international fans since Empress Ki in late 2013 , so this is a great achievement. I have a feeling that JCW might be in an action Hollywood movie someday. Haha...B)

[Eng Sub / Video] 20170205 Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook – Ji Chang Wook

170204-yhysb-jcw

Ji Chang Wook made his first appearance on the 350th episode of music talk show “Yoo Hee Yeol’s Sketchbook” as part of promotions for “Fabricated City”.

The progamme is hosted by esteemed singer-songwriter Yoo Hee Yeol and combines elements of a talk show and live music performances by different guests each week. Appearing on this show is a good choice for Ji Chang Wook who is adverse to variety programmes but has a love for singing.

On the show, Ji Chang Wook exchanges some friendly banter with Yoo Hee Yeol and had Yoo literally laughing out loud because of his dance moves. Hilariously, Yoo asked about his favourite singer and which agency he would join as a singer in the hope that he would be mentioned (Yoo Hee Yeol is the founder of Antenna Music and sole member of a band called Toy), only to have his hopes dashed by the clueless and overly-honest Ji Chang Wook.

170204-yhysb-jcw-cut

Ji Chang Wook also sang a short verse of “I’ll Protect You” with beautiful live piano accompaniment played by Yoo himself. He then wrapped up his segment with his rendition of Kim Dong Ryul’s “Like a Child”.

Continue reading-->https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/02/05/eng-sub-20170205-yoo-hee-yeols-sketchbook-ji-chang-wook/

• Like 4

@cherkell thank you for the warm welcome ^^ I'm glad that i can join you and other Wookie fans here. I'm afraid i can not be a regular here like you or other Wookie fans but i will try my best to visit this thread whenever i can ^^ 

Today's updates! Wookie selfie! :wub:

And i guess it hadn't been posted before so i hope it's okay to post this here. Wookie took a pic with one of the reporters after he's done with the "fabricated city" media interview :)

• Like 1

[Movie] Stars gather for VIP premiere of Ji Chang Wook’s “Fabricated City”

article-2.jpg?w=600

Ji Chang Wook attended the VIP premiere on the afternoon of 6 February for his new movie “Fabricated City” ahead of its official opening day on 9 February.

20170206_1486381781_83688100_1.jpg?w=600

Looking quite dapper in a trendy orange sweater, Wook was joined at the photowall by his fellow co-stars Shim Eun Kyung, Ahn Jae Hong, Oh Jung Se, Kim Sang Ho and Kim Min Gyo, along with Director Park Kwang Hyun.

c3-kppbvmaebzoc.jpg?w=600

The star-studded event, which was held at the Wangshimni branch of CGV cinemas in Seoul, was attended by a long list of celebrities. They included actors Lee Joon Gi (Scarlet Heart Ryeo), Go Kyung Pyo (Reply 1998), Jung Kyung Ho (Missing Nine), Choi Tae Joon (Missing Nine), Kim Young Kwang (Bachelor’s Vegetable Store), and Kim Tae Hoon (My Beloved Eundong).  Also attending were actresses Ra Miran (Reply 1988), Esom (Like for Likes), Lee Ye Eun (The K2), Park Jin Joo (Sunny), Nam Bo Ra (The Moon Embraces the Sun), Jin Se Yeon (Five Fingers), Park Min Young (Healer), Kim Mi Kyung (Healer), Song Yoon Ah (The K2), Chae Soo Bin (Moonlight Drawn By the Clouds), Do Hee (Reply 1994), Choi Kang Hee (Protect the Boss), Ha Yeon Soo (Legendary Witches), Seo Woo (Cinderella’s Sister), singers Jo Sung Mo, former UKiss member Dongho, 2PM member Jun-K, CNBlue member Lee Jong Hyun, and B1A4 member Jin Young.

And last, but never least, Wook’s mother and buddies Kangwoo and Vespa were there for support as well.  Pictures are still slowly rolling in, so we’ll update this post as needed.  Enjoy!

Continue reading https://jichangwookkitchen.com/2017/02/06/movie-stars-gather-for-vip-premiere-of-ji-chang-wooks-fabricated-city/

• Like 3

[Eng Sub/Video] 20170206 KBS News Plaza – Ji Chang Wook

Ji Chang Wook is appearing everywhere without rest these days to promote his new movie, and he even has the morning news covered with an appearance on the “Culture Plaza” segment of KBS’ morning news programme.

Besides promoting his movie, he also spoke about the popularity of his 2014 KBS drama “Healer”, his time working in China, and how the current state of affairs between China and South Korea is affecting his Chinese drama “Mr. Right”.

• Like 1