Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

18 hours ago, yumiko_hitoshi said:

Someone help me, pleaseee, would you mind! No Chinese drama again.

I'm speechless.

Waiting for anything coming out soon :tears:!

we hope not, but its up to him really...I trust him with his professional decisions, and support him all the way:). But I'm also holding on to what he mentioned during his Singapore fan meet that he would (or could...not sure here) be joining in a Korean production, so fingers crossed. Go go go Wookie!!! 

• Like 4

[Musical] Ji Chang Wook to join the third reboot of “The Days”

cbdfz74usaahrxn.jpg?w=600

Moo-young returns!!!  Ji Chang Wook has just confirmed his participation in the third reboot of Musical “The Days,” which will premiere on 27 August 2016 and run until 6 November 2016 at the Chungmu Art Hall Theatre in Seoul.

2016022913143411050-540x405_99_20160229131604

The production company is currently in the process of auditions for this new batch of performances, but fellow lead Yoo Jun Sang (“Jeong-hak”) has also confirmed his participation as well.   Also returning for this production will be Director Jang Yu Jeong, Music Director Jang So Young, and Choreographer Shin Seon Ho.

More information about other casting news should follow soon, so we’ll update this post when available.  Stay tuned!

Source:  10Asia.com

• Like 9

4 hours ago, yumiko_hitoshi said:

Someone help me, pleaseee, would you mind! No Chinese drama again.

I'm speechless.

Waiting for anything coming out soon :tears:!

Hi yumiko, ye, I join with you - I hope we could get to see him in a K-production soon. :P

News bites: February 27, 2016

mrright_1.jpg

LINK here : http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/02/news-bites-february-27-2016/

• Like 6

On 2/29/2016 at 9:37 AM, pagesleigh said:

we hope not, but its up to him really...I trust him with his professional decisions, and support him all the way:). But I'm also holding on to what he mentioned during his Singapore fan meet that he would (or could...not sure here) be joining in a Korean production, so fingers crossed. Go go go Wookie!!! 

Yes! I remember that line too (a Korean production ), or if it's not true, it will be okey.

I just can't hold myself now. Don't know how to think. Of course it's up to Wookie :tears::tears::tears:.

Thank you for replying to me.

Thanks @willenette.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, aqua_JCW said:

well... If its confirmed he is doing the re-run of The Days from August to November, its safe to assume he wont be doing the chineese drama right??

His role in the drama has been fully confirmed and is going forward; filming will only be from March through early June and the musical rehearsals will start shortly thereafter.  Since this is Wook's third time starring in "The Days," he won't be required to attend as many rehearsals as if he was just joining the cast for the first time.  So if full-cast rehearsals start any earlier, he will not be 'left behind' by joining them after the drama has wrapped.

• Like 6

It's quite shocking to know that JCW is going to do another Chinese drama again, back to back.  :o I heard that Korean fans are not so happy about his decision. They miss him too. Oh well...Let's see how it goes. Probably 'The Whirlwind Girl' is a promising project.

I hope JCW can have a good rest after his second Chinese drama, but deep in my heart I wish that he can do another Korean drama sometime between June to the end of 2016. :rolleyes:

• Like 5

Ji Chang Wook Cast for Lead Role in Another Chinese Drama

Ji Chang Wook will be continuing his acting activities in China.

The star was recently cast as the male lead in a drama entitled “The Whirlwind Girl 2,” which is expected to premiere in July on Hunan TV.

This news comes just shortly after Ji Chang Wook wrapped up the filming for the Korean-Chinese coproduction drama “My Male God.”

After gaining popularity through his role in the historical drama “Empress Ki,” Ji Chang Wook made his ultimate breakthrough with “Healer” which enjoyed massive popularity among international drama viewers. It appears that the star has now consolidated his spot in the Chinese drama market and will be focusing on Chinese activities for the time being.

Source (1)

Link: http://www.soompi.com/2016/02/29/ji-chang-wook-cast-for-lead-role-in-another-chinese-drama/

----------------------------------

OH NO IT'S CONFIRMED!!!

Oh God why he must take another C-drama? He doesn't need to do C-drama to maintain his popularity in China. Jeon Ji Hyun, Kim Soo Hyun, Lee Min Ho are massive in China without having to take C-drama (though LMH take a C-movie)..

Oh well... another reason to learn Chinese and watch more C-drama

• Like 3

6 hours ago, nploan said:

It's quite shocking to know that JCW is going to do another Chinese drama again, back to back.  :o I heard that Korean fans are not so happy about his decision. They miss him too. Oh well...Let's see how it goes. Probably 'The Whirlwind Girl' is a promising project.

I hope JCW can have a good rest after his second Chinese drama, but deep in my heart I wish that he can do another Korean drama sometime between June to the end of 2016. :rolleyes:

Hi nploan, it is indeed! It's his 2nd C-drama but as what you said, back to back - And I heard that it's  “The Whirlwind Girl 2”,  which is set to air on Hunan TV. It  will consist of 28 EPs. He will begin shooting on March 20 for (3) months in Shanghai and Changsha. :P

Ji Chang Wook will be continuing his acting activities in China.

The star was recently cast as the male lead in a drama entitled “The Whirlwind Girl 2,” which is expected to premiere in July on Hunan TV.

This news comes just shortly after Ji Chang Wook wrapped up the filming for the Korean-Chinese coproduction drama “My Male God.”

After gaining popularity through his role in the historical drama “Empress Ki,” Ji Chang Wook made his ultimate breakthrough with “Healer” which enjoyed massive popularity among international drama viewers. It appears that the star has now consolidated his spot in the Chinese drama market and will be focusing on Chinese activities for the time being.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3

If we look at it on the brighter side though, these new updates on his casting and his joining on the musical re-run would mean he's not going to military anytime soon. There also might be a possibility (just a wild assumption) that he may be doing a KDrama along side the musical, like he did on Healer. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pagesleigh said:

If we look at it on the brighter side though, these new updates on his casting and his joining on the musical re-run would mean he's not going to military anytime soon. There also might be a possibility (just a wild assumption) that he may be doing a KDrama along side the musical, like he did on Healer. 

Hi pagesleigh, I hope so - I really wanted to see him back in a K-drama. :P

• Like 3

On 2/29/2016 at 6:35 PM, iLWannie said:

Hi, guys! It's been ages since I posted here.

I have one question: does our beloved JCW smoke?

I am just curious.

Thanks!! :blush:

yep he does but am not so sure if he already quit smoking since i read before that he eats candy/lollipop every time he feels like lighting a cigarette bec. he wanted to put a stop to that bad habit....

• Like 2

Any news on when his movie and "Mr. Right" will be released?

No news about "Fabricated City" since 2 months ago..

I wish he'll spend more time in Korea rather in China, but if he insists on doing Chinese projects I'll support him too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kanyaprasetyo said:

Any news on when his movie and "Mr. Right" will be released?

No news about "Fabricated City" since 2 months ago..

I wish he'll spend more time in Korea rather in China, but if he insists on doing Chinese projects I'll support him too!

Hi kanyaprasetyo, as far as I remember it was reported that "Fabricated City" will be released on July while his C-drama, "Mr. Right" is expected on spring to air on Hunan TV. So, might be  from late March to May????? Wait & see.....  I've really been waiting for the movie. Wanna see JCW in different role… Can't wait! I'm sure the movie will draw great attention. Good luck, JCW! :P

• Like 3

On 3/3/2016 at 1:42 PM, willenette said:

Hi kanyaprasetyo, as far as I remember it was reported that "Fabricated City" will be released on July while his C-drama, "Mr. Right" is expected on spring to air on Hunan TV. So, might be  from late March to May????? Wait & see.....  I've really been waiting for the movie. Wanna see JCW in different role… Can't wait! I'm sure the movie will draw great attention. Good luck, JCW! :P

Hi thanks for the info.. Yeah I can't wait for the movie... Hopefully it will do well in cinemas!!

Bad news today... JCW cancelled KONUS fansigning due to ill health :(

Get well soon, Wookie! Wish for speedy recovery! :):):)

• Like 3