Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

Guest minksquared

I've been locked out of Soompi for while (signing in was a dreadful mess for a while! was so tempted to create a new account but waited it out) but I've been reading it all up by the sidelines. Enjoyed all the great updates shared by @qwenli and @Ahpheng while he was in Singapore! Thank you thank you! Now off to vote on the link @cherkell popped - Healer is leading! :wub:

@nploan I am not sure if he gets guarded all 24hours, maybe he went out to some convenience store and just got robbed. China has alot of petty crimes and everyone who is there should be vigilant about their surroundings. Alot of Chinese like to carry their backpack infront, and sling their bags to protect their belongings. I really hope he stay safe there.

Looking forward to his chinese drama and year end performance.:)

• Like 6

Ji Chang Wook promotes Shokubutsu in Singapore

A Korean actor chosen as a brand ambassador for a Japanese skincare company’s new range of products only available in Singapore?  Given the reach of K-culture beyond its domestic shores, a recent report that South Korean men are the largest consumers of skincare products compared to their counterparts in every other country, and the soaring popularity of Healer and Empress Ki actor Ji Chang Wook, perhaps this multinational collaboration was not a stretch after all.

Embedded image permalink

A Korean actor chosen as a brand ambassador for a Japanese skincare company’s new range of products only available in Singapore?  Given the reach of K-culture beyond its domestic shores, a recent report that South Korean men are the largest consumers of skincare products compared to their counterparts in every other country, and the soaring popularity of Healer and Empress Ki actor Ji Chang Wook, perhaps this multinational collaboration was not a stretch after all.

Ji, who is currently filming a television drama in China, rushed to catch a redeye flight, landing in Singapore on Sun., Dec. 6, and launching straight into a packed schedule of events on his first official visit to the city-state (and only his second ever).  As he attended a press conference and a private meet-and-greet for 160 attendees chosen through a sweepstakes, fans began to gather at the Suntec City West Atrium as early as 9 a.m. for a chance to see Ji at the 5 p.m. main event, a free public appearance promoting the new Shokubutsu RevitaCare body foam line.  Although onlookers lined the walls of the upper levels that circled around the small open venue below – which itself was surrounded by more fans – it was a lucky few who had front and center stage access via a priority section.  From here, as the actor made his way from the first meet-and-greet to the second, five women were chosen about an hour in advance to tell Ji Chang Wook what they would do if they could spend a day with him, then receive a goodie bag and pose for photos with the man himself.  (A dangerous question, one must admit – especially after all five actually rehearsed their answers on stage, which included scenarios such as quickly arranging a wedding ceremony to him, jointly chomping on dried persimmons while riding roller coasters like Lee Kwang Soo a la Running Man (that one must be seen to be understood), and cuddling with him in bed.) :D

Despite not really having eaten throughout the day, a cheerful Ji appeared, grinning throughout and answering more questions about himself than the products he was endorsing.  About his great skin?  “Well, I think my make-up artist did her job very well today,” he quipped through a translator, adding a chuckle.  About what he can cook?  “Well, I’m not the greatest cook in the world, but something that I can do is cook instant noodles (ramyun) very well,” adding that it is essential to add an egg (Amen to that, brother), use the leftover broth with a bowl of rice, and include a side portion of kimchi.  About a great thing that he has done for a girl?  “To be honest, I’ve not done anything big before. I personally fantasize about the day that I could have this big event, but I haven’t gotten the opportunity yet.”

One gets the idea.  But the reason for the selection of Ji Chang Wook for a cross-cultural promotion of a body foam line that includes such ingredients as chamomile, oat milk and shea butter was actually quite simple: the actor’s “warm and gentle” image, as the event co-hosts mentioned throughout the meet-and-greet.

“This is something that I don’t say very frequently, but I just want to let you know that I am a very, very gentle person, and you guys [seem to] like me that way,” confirmed Ji, who smiled and waved at fans as his answers were being translated into English.  “I think [that image] goes very well with the brand that I am endorsing.  Shokubutsu is very mild and gentle, and I think I fit it perfectly…I will work hard to be even more gentle and mild next year.”

http://www.meniscuszine.com/articles/2015120837994/ji-chang-wook-promotes-shokubutsu-in-singapore/

• Like 9

On 12/8/2015 at 7:30 PM, qwenli said:

@nploan I am not sure if he gets guarded all 24hours, maybe he went out to some convenience store and just got robbed. China has alot of petty crimes and everyone who is there should be vigilant about their surroundings. Alot of Chinese like to carry their backpack infront, and sling their bags to protect their belongings. I really hope he stay safe there.

Looking forward to his chinese drama and year end performance.:)

Hi qwenlialthough, I'm not really into C-production but I'm also looking forward to his C-drama soon. About what happened to him in China, generally speaking, China is a safe country to travel around. However, as what you've said China is far from immune to crime and accidents do happen. China is a relatively low crime country, but petty crime is on the increase and tourists are particularly vulnerable. I hope JCW will take precautions next time particularly in crowded places. Pickpockets tend to operate in crowded areas. I hope he didn't carry large amount of money. Wallets, mobile phones are tempting targets for thieves. So, back pockets are a big no-no. You can’t keep an eye on everything. :(

• Like 6

@willenette maybe i shouldnt have complained about china, but i have lived in a big city in China for a couple of years. so altho i cannot talk about rural farming areas, in the cities, there are not many violent crimes, but petty crimes are aplenty, together with creative scams. I hv friends who go to dine in restaurants n their purses can disappear, no thanks to the wait staff. These people are pros.

many foreigners like me who live there for awhile get jaded and it certainly affects your trust in people. so for him even though he is just working there for a short period, he should be careful.

Anyway, yep i am looking forward to the c-drama, the actress look cute, so as long as the script is decent, it shd be a good watch.:)

• Like 6

@qwenli he migt just ate breakfast when he arrived at the hotel early morning, or a quick snack before the press conference. But he was definitely craving chili crab the whole evening, making hints to those who would take him out for dinner, it seems they had dinner at the same hotel he's staying in so I don’t know if he had what he was craving all day, poor him if not :P

• Like 5

[Instagram/Weibo Update] 12 December 2015

Instagram:

https://jichangwookkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/wp-1449911510844.mp4

응????? 응?????????? 뭐하는거야

Hmm????? Hmm?????????? What are you doing

Weibo:

https://jichangwookkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/e79691e5958fe79691e5958fe79691e5958f-e69da5e887aae6b1a0e6988ce697ad_jichangwook-e5beaee58d9a.mp4

[疑問][疑問][疑問]

(Sorry folks. Soompi has broken the embedding feature in this latest round of forum updates.  AGAIN.)

• Like 4

On 12/11/2015 at 3:12 PM, ReemKanabta said:

@qwenli he migt just ate breakfast when he arrived at the hotel early morning, or a quick snack before the press conference. But he was definitely craving chili crab the whole evening, making hints to those who would take him out for dinner, it seems they had dinner at the same hotel he's staying in so I don’t know if he had what he was craving all day, poor him if not :P

From what I've read, Wook had two interviews with the Singapore press over dinner before returning to Shanghai.  You think that boy could go for that long without food?  HA. :lol:

And speaking of interviews, here's Gabby's fancam of the press conference!  *applause*

https://youtu.be/oNsSwWiVj_Q

• Like 4

[Event] Ji Chang Wook to attend drama awards ceremony in China

Ji Chang Wook is slated to kick off the new year with a guest appearance on the “Domestic TV Series Ceremony (国剧盛典)” in China on New Year’s Day.

Organised by Anhui TV, the ceremony is in its seventh year running, and has been dubbed the Oscars of the drama industry in China.

The event typically has a star-studded guest list, and this year is no exception. Besides Ji Chang Wook, attendees include popular Chinese stars such as Hu Ge, Wallace Huo, Nicky Wu and more.

The ceremony will be aired live on Anhui TV at 7.30pm (Beijing time) on 1 January 2016.

Source:  国剧盛典 Weibo

• Like 5

[Weibo Update] 13 December 2015

Weibo repost #1:

Wo dou xihuan![爱你][嘻嘻][嘻嘻]

*Note: Means “I like them all” in Chinese. This is in reference to the cartoon characters in a Weibo post by Jiangsu TV about him attending the New Year’s eve concert in China.

13decweiborepost

Weibo repost #2:

12.31 jian!![耶][耶] 기대해 주세요[阴险]

See you on 31 December!! [耶][耶] Please look forward to it [阴险]

13decweiborepost02

Weibo repost #3:

저도 참석해여!!! 이날 만나요[心] bu jiu hou jian!ee9098.pngee9098.png

I’m attending too!! See you on that day [心] See you soon! ee9098.pngee9098.png

*Note: He is referring to the drama awards ceremony in China that he’s attending.

13decweiborepost03

• Like 6

On 12/13/2015 at 11:19 AM, kanyaprasetyo said:

More HD pics from Shokubutsu Press Conference

Reveal hidden contents

12341135_1614110238857718_9139597964729912342779_1614110275524381_4591203936435112341348_1614110272191048_5406146031424212316576_1614110288857713_1197993166855012345426_1614110342191041_4409716472688312347947_1614110328857709_4520831374655912342814_1614110332191042_7251283979402612313675_1614110375524371_3444619018100112342541_1614110372191038_1463974192843912311040_1614110395524369_34253748341077

cr: Star Arena

Hi kanyaprasetyo, thanks for sharing more HD photos from this event. I feel happy that JCW received warm welcome during his arrival in SIN for this event. JCW looked as dashing as ever. He always looks good as usual. His handsome feature is always there. And JCW's smile is so bright in the photos.    :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

Guest iLWannie

Hello, my fellow JCW Lovers!! :blush:

I just want to share my excitement... I received my calendar from a friend in Korea!!!

This is one of the best Christmas gifts I've ever had!

:heart::heart::heart::heart: