|WGM Chinese Version| We Are In Love - BF Choi Siwon |SUJU| and GF Liu Wen |Victoria Secret Model|

I start to understand why SW picked the two songs he sang to LW at the end of the show, "I will always love you" probably conveys that he think LW will always be special to him... "Spare me the time of one song"  as depressing as it sounds, now it seems to make sense... I think he knew it is not easy to start a relationship before enlistment, he has long-distance dating experience, enlistment will only make things harder... In addition, he knew some of his fans probably wouldn't respond favorably to him dating regardless who he dates...but I think he felt confident enough about himself and LW to move forward with it to see how things may turn out...like the song said, he did not want to miss the opportunity with LW despite he knew that it was going to be difficult. 

Judging from LW's Mid-Autumn festival IG post and her mention of Change in Weibo ( she said that she likes to use her pictures to reflect her emotions by playing with colors in a recent interview), it is reasonable to speculate that she is conveying a sense of loneliness and not being able to be with family and probably the one she loves?  Her last year's Mid-Autumn greeting on IG was very much matter of fact with a beautiful picture of herself.  There is a big difference between last year's and this year's pictures and photos, they conveyed very different inner thoughts, IMO.

So I hope some of the 16 fans can tone down their dissatisfaction with the "single" comment and support both of them in a low key, positive way.  Some of the fans, I think younger ones, still hold grudges against SW's single comment, and they are already contemplating to send SW "Happy Single's Day" message on 11/11 to (it is said to be a day for single people... I have no idea what this is,just an impression I got from reading weibo), it is poor form IMO.

• Like 6

Liu Wen is in NYC.

Ah... you're right - just saw the IG photos posted by her friend. And I just realised that her Mid-autumn wishes were sent from her iPhone 6, not iPhone 6 Plus as well, meaning she posted her wishes at 5:10AM NY time. Hmm... from Seoul to New York, not back to Milan or direct to Paris? 

• Like 2

So I hope some of the 16 fans can tone down their dissatisfaction with the "single" comment and support both of them in a low key, positive way.  Some of the fans, I think younger ones, still hold grudges against SW's single comment, and they are already contemplating to send SW "Happy Single's Day" message on 11/11 to (it is said to be a day for single people... I have no idea what this is,just an impression I got from reading weibo), it is poor form IMO.

Yes, I notice there are many users on IG who are urging her to move on, convinced that WonWen was fake all along. They obviously aren't clued in to the significance of the H&M campaign, so they may be in for a shock next year. :lol: Don't they realize the unlikeliness of H&M asking WonWen to front this campaign if they aren't for real? Would SW & LW have agreed to do it if they didn't want to make it clear that they are for real? Discount that reason, and they'd only do it for the money, exposure, or the chance to work together again. I know I asked this question before, and upon further consideration, those factors can't be that important to them. They may have played a part in their final decision, but only as auxiliary factors to the main reason, and we know what that is. I realize I have enough faith in SW & LW as scrupulous human beings to believe that they wouldn't promote the image of themselves as a couple if they aren't one. 

• Like 7

@cutie_panda Yeah... the original poster deleted the screenshot of the like a few minutes ago. However, Weibo users have managed to screencap it as well, so it's still visible here.

According to someone from Weibo, Siwon has gone 4 days without any sleep, shooting the drama. Certainly hope the grueling schedule eases up and he gets time to rest.

• Like 6

Did anyone notice mun+won doesn't post as much fan arts/F16 photos or related items as before? Now it seems like she is more selective with what she posts and focuses more on their individual works and activities. 

Edited by moonee
  • Like 3

Did anyone notice mun+won doesn't post as much fan arts/F16 photos or related items as much as before? Now it seems like she is more selective with what she posts and focuses more on their individual works and activities. 

I really think Mun+Won is doing the right thing... I believe Jiwon stopped "liking"  LW IG updates because her likes are screen captured and shared on weibo.. Jiwon is being cautious which I like... After the "single" episode, it is clear our couple wish for privacy and space... so fans who really care about them should adjust their behaviors accordingly. 

Edited by Kculturefun
  • Like 2

Profile | The Liu Wen that I Know  Part 1
translated from Ed蔚 Weibo article posted 25Sep2015 
here.

I originally intended to find an appropriate time to ask Liu Wen for an interview, but have never managed to do so. This time, it so happens that her STACCATO photoshoot enabled this interview to become a reality. Unfortunately, since there was a tight timeframe, and she had to rush to London for work, the brand was considerate of her, and finally conducted the interview through email.

I personally do not like email interviews, since there is a huge difference between an impromptu response and one that has been reflected before writing it down. This time, Liu Wen very patiently answered more than 10 questions from netizens. Since the questions were relatively short, I feel sorry towards Liu Wen fans who have waited a long time if we do not elaborate more. As such, before reading her responses, I decided to first describe my own impressions of Liu Wen, and I believe that there will be an opportunity to do a face-to-face interview in future.

I first knew of Liu Wen in 2008, not long after she first broke into the international fashion circuit. She would take photos of her work and life, post them on Weibo, and occasionally express how she felt. Once, I accidentally clicked on her blog. At the time, there were only a handful of Chinese models working overseas, and their lives were hard. The more I understood through her words and photos, the more I began to love and admire this girl from the bottom of my heart, and from there, I became her loyal fan, following her progress up to this day.

It can be said that her existence gave me the impetus to embark into this industry. She was the reason I started paying attention to models, and later in my line of work, I also got to know many models, allowing me to have a deeper understanding of the modelling industry. Modelling is actually a profession with very little security. To the clients, you are merely a commodity to be chosen. You need to participate in a variety of auditions, followed by a long waiting process. If you are lucky, and your criteria is exceptional enough, naturally you will be able to get job opportunities. However, one can imagine the psychological state of models facing repeated rejections with only one or two jobs a month.

It is even harder for a model who is striving in a foreign country. For a show in New York Fashion Week, out of several hundred models, only a few dozen would be selected, and the quota for an Asian model was only one. When you are still new, the agency would arrange for a few dozen auditions from morning to night, all of which is dependent on yourself to do the running around, carrying several kilos' worth of modeling portfolio and high heel shoes. In a totally unfamiliar environment, they rely on maps and their own two feet to get them through; if they missed a chance, the second one is extremely hard to come by.

If you are selected during the audition, you advance to fittings in the second round. In other words, apart from auditions, there are also fittings, many of which are arranged in the early hours of morning. As such, models who are in Fashion Week usually only get less than 4 hours of rest every day. In addition, after fittings, one can still be eliminated if the designer or stylist feel that you are not suited for the collection.

Liu Wen's record is during the September 2009 four major international fashion weeks, consecutively doing 74 shows, becoming that season's undoubted frontrunner, with her practically in the shows of every major brand. If you pay close attention to her catwalk photos, you will notice that she became progressively thinner, with daily auditions, fittings, doing shows. Falling sick was common place due to the physical exertion and lack of rest over a month, so it was inevitable that she lost weight. The woman who now refers to herself as a tough woman, had her share of silent tears during those years.

Once you've been noticed on a catwalk, magazine photoshoot and fashion advertisement opportunities will come knocking on the door. If you deliver outstanding performance at work and is loved by the customer and photographer, job opportunities will naturally increase. After all, this is an industry that is heavily reliant on reputation and contacts. Experience doing photoshoots for top fashion magazines like Vogue, is a door pass and stepping stone in the modelling industry, and an indication of your fame.

During this time, you often need to fly to various cities around the world. While it doesn't sound too bad, in actuality, time for rest and enjoyment is almost non-existent. Liu Wen once penned this classic phrase regarding her situation: "What I am packing is not loneliness, but my luggage..." Oftentimes upon arriving at a place, she would find herself having to fly to the next destination without even having had the chance to unpack. Either that, or she would need to immediately start work without having the chance to recover from the jetlag. Chinese models often encounter visa issues, and many lose out on an important job as a result of it.

The majority of the time in a model's life is spent either at work or traveling. With no one by their side, those working overseas would often read, listen to music or keep in touch with others via the Internet. During the days when 开心网 Kaixin.com was extremely popular, Liu Wen, alone and striving in a foreign country, was also addicted to it. Thinking back, it was fun often seeing her stealing food [one of the game activities on the website?] and her various reposts.

This video is of Liu Wen during her first New York Fashion Week, where she was selected as one of the top 10 newcomers. You can see that she was still very inexperienced, and her English was still very rudimentary. In the years that followed, we can see the improvement of her English through different video interviews, although she does have a slight accent (probably influenced by the Eastern European models). While her surroundings are important, but without having the time to go for language classes, to being able to accept foreign interviews without any problems, one can only imagine just how much effort she has put into [learning the language].

• Like 9

According to someone from Weibo, Siwon has gone 4 days without any sleep, shooting the drama. Certainly hope the grueling schedule eases up and he gets time to rest.

I feel sorry for him, but I'm kind of glad he's busy and didn't have a day off for the holiday. If he had, the fact that Liu Wen left the day before when she didn't need to attend the remaining Fashion Weeks would've raised some eyebrows. I mean, she could've stayed just an extra day to celebrate this festival with the Chois if Siwon were free and she didn't have any pressing engagements, but I guess if Siwon is working like a dog, there'd be no point.

I really think Mun+Won is doing the right thing... I believe Jiwon stopped "liking"  LW IG updates because her likes are screen captured and shared on weibo.. Jiwon is being caution which I like... After the "single" episode, it is clear out couple wish for privacy and space... so fans who care about them should adjust their behaviors accordingly. 

Didn't she like Liu Wen's latest moon pic, though? Shippers need to consistently keep track of whether or not Jiwon continues liking Liu Wen's updates, because I think her doing so is indicative of the aliveness of the romance. Some shippers are so stupid...the more they reveal their obsessiveness everywhere on social media, the more SW & LW and everyone associated with them will continue to obfuscate matters. Keep it contained to this forum like we've been doing and they'd be much more likely to share glimpses into the relationship.

And as for Siwon liking that Photoshopped pic of the moon goddess with her 'rabbit' companion ;)...hahah...busted! Now c'mon, would Siwon really have liked that image if he's been faking it all along with Liu Wen? 

• Like 7

I start to understand why SW picked the two songs he sang to LW at the end of the show, "I will always love you" probably conveys that he think LW will always be special to him... "Spare me the time of one song"  as depressing as it sounds, now it seems to make sense... I think he knew it is not easy to start a relationship before enlistment, he has long-distance dating experience, enlistment will only make things harder... In addition, he knew some of his fans probably wouldn't respond favorably to him dating regardless who he dates...but I think he felt confident enough about himself and LW to move forward with it to see how things may turn out...like the song said, he did not want to miss the opportunity with LW despite he knew that it was going to be difficult. 

Judging from LW's Mid-Autumn festival IG post and her mention of Change in Weibo ( she said that she likes to use her pictures to reflect her emotions by playing with colors in a recent interview), it is reasonable to speculate that she is conveying a sense of loneliness and not being able to be with family and probably the one she loves?  Her last year's Mid-Autumn greeting on IG was very much matter of fact with a beautiful picture of herself.  There is a big difference between last year's and this year's pictures and photos, they conveyed very different inner thoughts, IMO.

Dear all, I'm new here, love you guys. Just want to explain what 11/11 stands for. In Chinese slang "Single" is called "guang gun" which means "naked sticks". The number "1" indeed looks like a naked stick, so the date 11/11 every year somehow becomes a "Single's Day".

By the way, on jstv LFIL official weibo they posted two shiliu couple pictures yesterday with very beautiful and meaningful words. I don't know how to repost here. If anyone interested, please help to share them here, thanks.

Edited by jjwt

@jjwt_stv Welcome and thank you for the heads-up about the JSTV LFIL Weibo posts. They have been consistently posting pictures with all 3 couples with love-themed captions, but the day leading to and on Mid-Autumn festival featured WonWen.

26 Sep:
#我们相爱吧#这是含苞待放的蕊,开出尘埃落定的美,说天长地久的相随,那是爱情的滋味。
[My Chinese is too rudimentary to translate this poetic description of love... sorry :P ]

005Up3gJgw1ewfo82ra6wj30p00gogsz.jpg

"Love must be at the right time,
There are no ifs' "

27 Sep: 
#我们相爱吧# 最好的事情就是你能做的就是找到一个人,他爱你,接受你的一切,无论你是开心还是生气,无论你是丑陋还是美丽,爱你的人在你身上每个部位都能看到阳光,遇到这个人,你就要坚守他一辈子。
The best thing is to be able to find someone who loves you and accepts everything about you. No matter if you are happy or angry, regardless of whether you are ugly or beautiful, the one who loves you will be able to see sunshine in every part of you. Once you have met such a person, you must hold fast to him for the rest of your life.

005Up3gJgw1ewh26v61hnj30rs0iijwm.jpg

"The moon represents my heart"

• Like 9

@jjwt_stv Welcome and thank you for the heads-up about the JSTV LFIL Weibo posts. They have been consistently posting pictures with all 3 couples with love-themed captions, but the day leading to and on Mid-Autumn festival featured WonWen.

26 Sep:
#我们相爱吧#这是含苞待放的蕊,开出尘埃落定的美,说天长地久的相随,那是爱情的滋味。
[My Chinese is too rudimentary to translate this poetic description of love... sorry :P ]

005Up3gJgw1ewfo82ra6wj30p00gogsz.jpg

"Love must be at the right time,
There are no ifs' "

27 Sep: 
#我们相爱吧# 最好的事情就是你能做的就是找到一个人,他爱你,接受你的一切,无论你是开心还是生气,无论你是丑陋还是美丽,爱你的人在你身上每个部位都能看到阳光,遇到这个人,你就要坚守他一辈子。
The best thing is to be able to find someone who loves you and accepts everything about you. No matter if you are happy or angry, regardless of whether you are ugly or beautiful, the one who loves you will be able to see sunshine in every part of you. Once you have met such a person, you must hold fast to him for the rest of your life.

005Up3gJgw1ewh26v61hnj30rs0iijwm.jpg

"The moon represents my heart"

Thanks for your quick response. It's true that sometimes been translated into English hard to fully reflect the deep meaning and romance from the original poetic description in Chinese. But you know what, eveytime I'm impressed and amazed by your translation, you are the best.

Edited by jjwt

Profile | The Liu Wen that I Know  Part 2
translated from Ed蔚 Weibo article posted 25Sep2015
here.

The term "Supermodel" is one that is overused by the public and the media, and many models wish to go abroad to be "gilded" [with this title]. It is laughable that some models, having just done a few shows abroad were already labelled as a supermodel when they returned. At the very least, they should only be qualified to be labelled thus after becoming a familiar face in the international fashion circuit, being on the cover of international publications, and shooting advertisements for major brands.

Liu Wen's achievements are clear for all to see. The first Chinese Victoria Secret model, the first Asian global ambassador for Estee Lauder, in addition to photoshoots for various international publications and advertisements every year. Those who are interested need only search the Internet or view them from my Weibo account.

I can still remember the year Liu Wen first made it into the MDC supermodel list. At the time she was ranked 44th, and I was thrilled as if I was the one who won the award. It was said that when she first learnt of it, she had no one to share her joy in that moment, so she screamed in excitement in her small New York apartment. Later, she became more and more well known, carving more records for Chinese models, and advancing in ranking step by step to 20+, then 10th, 5th, 3rd before the site abolished their ranking system.

I believe there are many fans like me - the feelings of having followed her for so many years, is, plainly put, like seeing the growth of our own daughter, being happy for her every progress. Although MDC today is no longer a voice of authority, the Liu Wen who was ranked as New Super is undoubtedly a true supermodel in my heart.

Highly adaptable, yet with her own individuality - these are one of the requirements of being a supermodel. Liu Wen, whose make up-free, tomboyish character captivated the hearts of many, is able to portray a variety of cold or sexy charms in front of the camera. Her success, apart from her own criteria and hard work, is also very much due to the fact that her timing is right.

It so happens that the world's major luxury brands started taking an interest in the Asian market, so naturally their choice of models would take into account more Asian faces. It follows that Liu Wen, with her outstanding achievements also became a favourite of the customers. With the emergence of the new media, the public and media also started to pay more attention to this industry. Those who followed my Weibo in the early days would know that at the time, there were few models and media which had joined, so I started posting photos and videos of Chinese models on the international runway. Needless to say, most of them were of Liu Wen.

Quite a few of the Chinese models who went abroad around the same period as her have also become very popular and each achieved undeniably remarkable achievements, such as Sun Feifei, Shu Penqin, Xi Mengyao, followed later by He Sui, Ju Xiaowen, Chen Bi Ge, and before them, Du Juan and Pei Bei.

Perhaps due to having followed their progress from the start, I also matured a lot and have a special affection for them. As such, I pay a lot less attention to the new models who emerged later. The success of these models who made it on the international circuit were not solely due to their appearance. In this day and age, it is not enough for a model to have looks and hard work alone. Rather, only a model with individuality, intelligence and the ability to seize opportunities when it comes, is able to gain a long-term foothold in the industry.

I have been very fortunate to be able to interact with the abovementioned Chinese models at a professional and personal capacity, some even becoming pretty good friends. Despite having met many celebrities and supermodels, it is only with Liu Wen that I still get nervous until my hands shake when taking photos, to the extent that I dare not take the initiative to start the conversation. My only photo with her was also taken at Miss Ren's (Liu Wen's manager) insistence. This is sufficient proof how special her place is in my heart.

She totally has no airs, and does not distance herself from others. For example, if she has met a person before, regardless of their status, she would take the initiative to say hello and greet you as long as she has a vague impression of you. It is certainly not easy to be able to do this. Those who have interacted with her, male or female, cannot help but like her, and be touched by her sincerity. There is no denying the depth of her charm.

Those who have worked with her cannot stop praising her, from her work ethics to her conduct. Perhaps this is the reason people like her manager Miss Ren and GQ magazine fashion director Cui Dan are always so willing to help her.

It is as the phrase she once penned: "I am an insignificant person, who accidentally stepped onto the fashion stage. I am still that insignificant person, bearing the weight of everyone's care." No matter how famous she has become, she will always be the honest, hardworking Liu Wen who has left such an impression in me.

• Like 8

Last installment of the article translation. In particular, please note her answer to question 16 :) 

Profile | The Liu Wen that I Know  Part 3
translated from Ed蔚 Weibo article posted 25Sep2015 here.

The following is the interview Q&A, most of which came from Liu Wen's ardent fans.

Q1: What is the difference and difficulty of shooting a shoe commercial as opposed to a normal clothing photoshoot? Were there any interesting things that happened during the shoot?
W:
I complained that my legs were not long enough, and the difficulty was not being able to use my hands. What was fun is that this time we managed to use the hands after all! Hands can also be used for shoe photoshoots, haha. [BTS picture of her using the shoe as a phone]

Q2: Some women say they are unable to wear high heels well. Do you have any special tips for wearing high heels?
W:
Although I only wear high heels at work, one must wear heels which are a good fit for oneself.

Q3: With the increase of other work, you are doing less runway shows. Is Fashion Week no longer one of your main work focus now?
W:
Everyone is asking this question. Actually once we reach a certain age, every model will reduce the number of shows they do, because as we get older, we are less able to burn midnight oil. For the few seconds that models are up on stage, we may need to go through several rehearsals, several fittings. It is inevitable that we would have to stay up all night, so once you get older, stamina becomes an issue. Likewise, I am unable to avoid the laws of nature.

Q4: What are your plans for the future? Apart from modeling, do you have any intentions of trying out other areas?
W:
Do my best in whatever I am involved in right now. I never deliberately map out my life or career. However, I think that even if I no longer model, I will definitely continue to work in the fashion industry. Perhaps I can become a photographer?

Q5: In terms of your career, is there anything you have always wanted to do but have yet to do so? For the next half of the year, are there any plans that you can reveal?
W:
There is nothing definite in the modeling line of work. The only thing we can control is to do our best in every job. When there is time, I would learn new skills, and do some reading.

Q6: How are the preparations going for "Wen Li" season 3? When will we be able to view it? Each season is better than the last, so will there be any new changes?
W:
The first two seasons of Wen Li were broken down according to seasons, however we have found that it is clearly not possible to do so strictly based on seasons. It is not easy to bring the entire team together, and the broadcast cycle is slow. As such, this time we are exploring a new format, more suited to everyone's current viewing habits. We hope that everyone would like it better.

Q7: You have always been a supporter of public welfare. You held a charity auction in Wen Li, and also did a charity sale in Ningbo in the past. Will you continue to organise live charity sales events going forward?
W:
Everything actually came to pass by fate. I hope to be able to contribute more to society, not just restricted to a certain format.

Q8: You spend more time apart from your family rather than together. Have you thought when you will settle down? What is your ideal life?
W:
When I wish to settle down, I will definitely settle down. My favourite, ideal life would be to lead a simple, quiet life and grow old with the one I love.

Q9: Have you watched any American or Korean dramas recently? (Previously, Liu Wen can be considered an American TV and kdrama fan)
W:
I really do not have the time. Any recommendations?

Q10: What do you read when you have the time?
W:
Lately I have been reading Shen Congwen's 边城 "Bordertown"

Q11: How are your cooking skills? What are your favourite dishes?
W:
Raw dishes are still fine. Cooked dishes are easily burnt. Of course I love salad the most.

Q12: Which show left you with the deepest impression? Have you ever fallen down during a show? Have you ever been seriously injured?
W:
Let's leave the show with the deepest impression to the end [of my career?] It is impossible never to have fallen during a show. Take a few knocks and learn from it.

Q13: When was the last time you cried? Why did you cry?
W:
I forget which movie it was, but I cried a lot over it.

Q14: Have you thought of creating your own brand?
W:
I will not consciously map out the future, but if there is a opportunity, I will definitely give it a go.

Q15: You are always travelling. How do you overcome jetlag? When workload is high, how do you reduce stress?
W:
I no longer know the meaning of jetlag, nor do I know which timezone I am in. Detox (by drinking fruit juice) and exercise not only can overcome jetlag but also reduce stress. Yesterday, the aircon in the gym broke down, so I was already sweating even before I ran. I thought there was no longer a need for hot yoga, since we already have hot jogging - how wonderful!

Q16: Are you open to a long distance relationship? Would you choose a Chinese as your marriage partner, or would you be able to accept a foreigner?
W:
Love is not determined by distance, but one's firm commitment. I would choose someone who is perfect for me! It has nothing to do with nationality and skin colour.

Q17: Will you organise a fan meeting?
W:
There were two small meetings in 2014. I feel that it is more like a gathering of friends, and will definitely continue to hold them if there is a chance in the future.

Modeling is not an easy job. While one always shows one's most brilliant, most glamorous side, but to be able to persevere in this line of work, apart from an incredible passion, one must also have a tenacious heart that is able to face long journeys alone, and endure the pressures and loneliness.

Liu Wen says that she passionately loves her work and will always be a model. So even if she really stopped modeling one day, she will continue to stay in the fashion circuit that has given her so much happiness. No matter where she goes, I will continue to follow her footsteps. How about you?

• Like 12

Thanks @liddi. Your work is much appreciated. I have definitely grown to love LW more from all your translations. What a lovely girl. How not to love her :)

Do you have any ideas why mun+won has closed the comment section on her weibo?

• Like 4

Thanks @liddi. Your work is much appreciated. I have definitely grown to love LW more from all your translations. What a lovely girl. How not to love her :)

Do you have any ideas why mun+won has closed the comment section on her weibo?

@moonee Thank you for your kind words. She is truly amazing isn't she? And I suspect Ed蔚 who wrote the article, is also a 16 fan, by the way he deliberately arranged that particular question to be the 16th question :P 

I just noticed that mun+won blocked her Weibo comments section as well. From her post, this appears to be her stance against those so-called 16 fans who are abusive, disruptive, slanderous and full of themselves - this is her refusal to respond, acknowledge their behaviour, and determination to delete any private messages they send her. I think she is only blocking it for an hour though... guess it is just her declaring how she feels, knowing that there is no actual way for her to stop the troublemakers from posting. I guess high strung posters are still being vocal.

• Like 9

Oh wow my friend @ liddi! Thank you so much for your super duper hard work. We love every single word of your word choice. Incredible a good piece of writing. Love it! In every translation that you have translate for our dearest couple, I'm always keep a copy of it. Honestly, I'm not a Chinese, but I'm on my way to study it. In the Tiffany&Co's interview at mun+wonn's weibo (in the website). I try to copy the words from the interviews but the website won't let me do it. I really want to have the original piece of it (in chinese) so I can one way to study Chinese, the another one can have a deeper understand of our idol LW. I really hope you could help me type out the original of it (Including the pictures that someone is writing what LW's recording on the ad). I know/understand that it's not suitable for you to do it, but I really really hope that you could help me. Please! It's ok that you deny it, i totally understand it....:( I would mean a lot to me if you can help me out. To the bottom of my heart, thank you so much for everything @ liddi. 

Love 16 family lots!!! Stay strong everyone. <3 

Love you all!

• Like 3