|WGM Chinese Version| We Are In Love - BF Choi Siwon |SUJU| and GF Liu Wen |Victoria Secret Model|

@Kculturefun Having read the Chinese text, and now seen the English articles on the H&M interview, I have to wonder which of Siwon's answer is the original - English or Chinese. I ask this because unless there is something wrong with my interpretation of the Chinese text (which is possible), then both versions are vastly different. I would be more than happy to accept the English version as fact, but I do not wish to do so without knowing which came first. What do you think?

I have the same question when I read the English version, it is sweeter and  more indicative of their relationship than the Chinese version.  The biggest difference is source - English versions was released by Elle Singapore, which seems to be the one that is a lot more involved in the campaign... The Chinese came from Mina - a fashion site, here is the link - http://www.mina.com.cn/plus/view.php?aid=105584&m=y    after taking a closer look, I do think both Chinese and English used a lot of similar words, but the tone is a bit different..

I just noticed the title of the Chinese article H&M宣布 石榴夫妇于2016年新春系列广告相爱了 - so basically H&M announces that 16 couple fall in love in the 2016 CNY campaign (let me be precise here, they meant they fall in love in and during the campaign itself), right???  but I really think the various sites are leveraging "let's fall in love" to its fullest :-)

Also - when Siwon said in the Intro " I am Liu Wen's ten dollars, Siwon" this is different from his usual intro - "hi everyone, I am your Siwon Choi"... (he basically said I am Liu Wen's man")

He also introduced himself once as Liu Wen's boyfriend during the Chanel fashion show in Seoul when interviewed in May... but that was during the shooting of the program, so no one paid much attention to it. 

Edited by Kculturefun
  • Like 4

@Kculturefun Those are exactly my impressions. I can't view the article from Mina, but the one I read came from ELLE Taiwan... and it basically reported word for word what you shared in your earlier post. Nothing is reported by ELLE China yet, which is a little surprising. So I tend to question why the difference in tone, and whether the sweeter version is reporting word for word what he actually said. If so, how much more wonderful. If not, then as much I love this couple, and would be so glad for any hints, I do prefer to form my own opinions based on what was literally spoken. Looking at ELLE Malaysia's article, they appear to be pretty much the same as ELLE Singapore's.

• Like 4

@Kculturefun Those are exactly my impressions. I can't view the article from Mina, but the one I read came from ELLE Taiwan... and it basically reported word for word what you shared in your earlier post. Nothing is reported by ELLE China yet, which is a little surprising. So I tend to question why the difference in tone, and whether the sweeter version is reporting word for word what he actually said. If so, how much more wonderful. If not, then as much I love this couple, and would be so glad for any hints, I do prefer to form my own opinions based on what was literally spoken. Looking at ELLE Malaysia's article, they appear to be pretty much the same as ELLE Singapore's.

Here is the whole article in Chinese:

So the tone of the Chinese article is more like, 16 coulpe to extend their tacit understanding from the reality show and help promote the spirit of love and joy of CNY... a few different choices of word and conveyed a slightly different message...   but not too far off... English version seems more liberal in its interpretation 

国际人气韩国歌手及演员崔始源与国际超模刘雯将携手亮相于H&M 2016 年新春系列的广告。“石榴夫妇”将穿上品牌的新春系列,把他们于近来的热门真人秀节目的默契延续到H&M 的户外、平面及网络广告之中,为中国农历新年宣扬爱与喜悦。该系列将于2016 年1 月28 日在中国大陆、香港、澳门、台湾、新加坡、马来西亚、泰国、印度尼西亚和菲律宾9个亚洲市场独家推出。

崔始源表示:“我十分高兴代言H&M的新春系列广告。我们在韩国亦会与亲人及朋友一起渡过农历新春,并会交换礼物及穿着韩服庆祝。我希望能延续我们于真人秀之间的默契,带给大家一个充满爱、喜悦和温馨的中国农历新年。”

刘雯表示:“春节对于世界各地的华人来说绝对是最隆重、最热闹的传统节日之一。我非常高兴能够代言这个于亚洲市场独家发售的系列,该系列充满了浓郁的节日气氛,唤起了我对中国新年的美好遐想。希望通过这个广告,大家可以感受到一个特别温暖的春节。”

这是H&M 连续第三年特别为春节推出的服饰系列,亦是“石榴夫妇”自真人秀节目播映完毕后的首次共同出镜。

• Like 4

Guest Connie633

Liu Wen has been in the H&M winter holidays global campaign for the past few years. I'm so used to seeing her giant posters all over Manhattan during Christmas. Don't know if it'll happen again this year with her doing the Asian campaign. Not sure if she's given that up for a chance to work with Siwon.

I remember him saying in his past interview that he would compensate for what she's given up for him and try to balance work and life (Haper's Bazaar?) If they're really in a relationship, I hope he honors what he said. 

Edited by Connie633

Don't worry, ladies, they all (participants, media outlets) have to be very coy and indirect about it until the actual campaign is launched next year. Once that hits, oh boy, it will be the big one and all will be revealed. We're talking about the mother lode which will finally shut the doubters up (including me) once and for all, and won't that be a wonderful thing? :lol:

• Like 3

Our couple is going global - H&M just posted on its official IG the same picture LW posted on her IG... Although LW is frequently featured on international magazines and campaigns... SW is relatively new to this broader exposure understanding that he is quite popular amongst Asian countries and where ELFS are :-)

• Like 7

Here is the whole article in Chinese:

So the tone of the Chinese article is more like, 16 coulpe to extend their tacit understanding from the reality show and help promote the spirit of love and joy of CNY... a few different choices of word and conveyed a slightly different message...   but not too far off... English version seems more liberal in its interpretation 

国际人气韩国歌手及演员崔始源与国际超模刘雯将携手亮相于H&M 2016 年新春系列的广告。“石榴夫妇”将穿上品牌的新春系列,把他们于近来的热门真人秀节目的默契延续到H&M 的户外、平面及网络广告之中,为中国农历新年宣扬爱与喜悦。该系列将于2016 年1 月28 日在中国大陆、香港、澳门、台湾、新加坡、马来西亚、泰国、印度尼西亚和菲律宾9个亚洲市场独家推出。

崔始源表示:“我十分高兴代言H&M的新春系列广告。我们在韩国亦会与亲人及朋友一起渡过农历新春,并会交换礼物及穿着韩服庆祝。我希望能延续我们于真人秀之间的默契,带给大家一个充满爱、喜悦和温馨的中国农历新年。”

刘雯表示:“春节对于世界各地的华人来说绝对是最隆重、最热闹的传统节日之一。我非常高兴能够代言这个于亚洲市场独家发售的系列,该系列充满了浓郁的节日气氛,唤起了我对中国新年的美好遐想。希望通过这个广告,大家可以感受到一个特别温暖的春节。”

这是H&M 连续第三年特别为春节推出的服饰系列,亦是“石榴夫妇”自真人秀节目播映完毕后的首次共同出镜。

@Kculturefun I agree with you on the interpretation. Perhaps the author of the English version is also a closet WonWen shipper? :P Anyway, just for comparison's sake, here is a rough translation of the Chinese text:

Liu Wen, Choi Siwon sweet interactions together once more! ShiLiu couple's photoshoot for H&M's 2016 Chinese New Year campaign revealed

Internationally popular Korean singer and actor Choi Siwon and international supermodel Liu Wen will join hands to unveil H&M 2016's Chinese New Year collection campaign. ShiLiu couple will wear the brand's Chinese New Year collection and extend their recent tacit understanding from the popular reality show to H&M's outdoor, print and online campaigns, promoting love and joy for Chinese New Year. The collection will be exclusively launched on 28 Jan 2016 in 9 Asian markets - mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia and Philippines.

Choi Siwon said: "I am extremely happy to endorse H&M's Chinese New Year campaign. In Korea, we would spend the Lunar New Year with family and friends, wearing hanbok and exchanging gifts as part of the celebration. I hope to continue the tacit understanding we share in the reality show, and bring everyone a Chinese New Year filled with love, joy and and warmth."

According to Liu Wen, "Chinese New Year is one of the grandest, most celebrated traditional festivals for Chinese all over the world. I am very happy to be able to endorse this collection which is exclusively launched for the Asian market. This collection is very evocative of the festive atmosphere, stirring in me beautiful dreams of Chinese New Year. I hope that through this campaign, everyone can experience an especially warm Spring Festival."

This is the 3rd consecutive year that H&M has launched a special collection for the Spring Festival, and also marks ShiLiu couple's first joint appearance since the reality show broadcast ended.

• Like 6

Our couple is going global - H&M just posted on its official IG the same picture LW posted on her IG... Although LW is frequently featured on international magazines and campaigns... SW is relatively new to this broader exposure understanding that he is quite popular amongst Asian countries and where ELFS are :-)

Considering that H&M's IG has nearly 10 million followers, this is huge, and I love this comment from wh24601: "Cannot waitttttttt! Dear HM please make Halloween version, thanksgiving, Christmas new year Valentine's version too please please please".

I'll fourth that please! :lol: :wub:

• Like 9

Yes just check the HM iG.. however.. i think the collection  will only be distribute throughout 9 country that have been mentioned  right?is korea part of it?  It will be awesome  if the collection could be distribute worldwide :) . 

Well, regardless i think their pairing bring a lot of good fortunes for both of them. If its not with LW, i dont think that siwon will ever get endorsement deal from H&M . And maybe because  of siwon , later on the doors for acting and more TV show will be open for LW..  Asian Brangelina, siwon surely make a grand highlight of his career before his enlisment.. 

Any new news from them? I hope liuwen landed safe and sound. 

• Like 3

Don't want to be a debbie downer here, but I anticipate we will see a lot of sweet moments and beautiful shots in the CNY H&M campaign from LW/SW,  as much as I want this to be their big reveal, I somewhat doubt it, they might stop short of formal confirmation.. I hope I am wrong...  SW did say " I am LW's $10" after al. :-)

My, Zhou Xun and her husband's H&M campaign is so sweet, I would think both LW/SW have watched this as they prepare for their own campaign... it must be really difficult for them knowing that when the campaign is out, SW will be in his army service.. 

• Like 4

Don't want to be a debbie downer here, but I anticipate we will see a lot of sweet moments and beautiful shots in the CNY H&M campaign from LW/SW,  as much as I want this to be their big reveal, I somewhat doubt it, they might stop short of formal confirmation.. I hope I am wrong...  SW did say " I am LW's $10" after al. :-)

My, Zhou Xun and her husband's H&M campaign is so sweet, I would think both LW/SW have watched this as they prepare for their own campaign... it must be really difficult for them knowing that when the campaign is out, SW will be in his army service.. 

You'll be wrong. :P I doubt we'll have it spelt out in multi-colored capital letters "YES, WE ARE OFFICIALLY A COUPLE!", but the vid will make it patently obvious that they're in a relationship, and the only ones who will deny it...well, we know who they are, don't we? They're the same ones who will bury their heads in the sand even if S.M. Entertainment were to issue an official statement that Siwon and Liu Wen are dating.

It's safe to say that H&M wouldn't have asked them to do this campaign if they aren't real, and Siwon and Liu Wen wouldn't have agreed to do it if they aren't real either.

• Like 6

@allnaturalcrunchtime_stv - I admire your conviction and I am more than happy for you to be right!  I don't need much convincing :-) rs.

If I hadn't seen Siwon's reaction in the promo and Mr. and Mrs. Kao's vids, I wouldn't be convinced at all.

And of course a lot depends on what you consider sufficient enough to constitute the "big reveal" - watch the Kao's main campaign vid and imagine you didn't know they're a real couple and that Mr. Kao's "my new wife" line was edited out, would you have concluded that they must be a real-life pairing after watching it? If you would, Siwon and Liu Wen's effort will probably be more than enough to convince you of their authenticity.

• Like 4

A quick question for those who know Korean culture - do girlfriends call their boyfriend oppa? the reason I am asking is that in the H&M video, LW was in her work mode and started off by say" Hi, oppa, long time no see", SW's facial expression was a bit funny, my complete baseless read -  "what???, oppa???  long time no see? I just saw you last night and a bit ago..." joking...  it is very funny. 

• Like 3

Hi @ liddi, there's a latest post at mun+won's weibo. There's some pictures about Q&A of Liu Wen. If you have some free time, please help me translate. We love you. Stay strong 16 family. 

Oh I just found a link that need your help @ liddi. Thank you so m uch...Love you and 16 family. http://weibo.com/p/1001603890906020318485
There's also a latest post at mun+won's weibo about tiffany&co poster with words in chinese. We really need your help, @ liddi. Hope you have some free time. Thank you so much. 

Just after the show ended, we see so much good news about this couple. 

•  
  • Like 1

@allnaturalcrunchtime_stv - I admire your conviction and I am more than happy for you to be right!  I don't need much convincing :-) rs.

If I hadn't seen Siwon's reaction in the promo and Mr. and Mrs. Kao's vids, I wouldn't be convinced at all.

And of course a lot depends on what you consider sufficient enough to constitute the "big reveal" - watch the Kao's main campaign vid and imagine you didn't know they're a real couple and that Mr. Kao's "my new wife" line was edited out, would you have concluded that they must be a real-life pairing after watching it? If you would, Siwon and Liu Wen's effort will probably be more than enough to convince you of their authenticity.

I would - look at the way Mr Kao looked at Zhou Xun, it was LOVE!  How he imitated her "yeah"... so cute and sweet, the body language, the closeness.. everything screams - he adores her, also she was sitting either on his knees or between his legs throughout the whole interview and he had his arms around her... only real couple would be comfortable of doing that.

Edited by Kculturefun
  • Like 4

Guest diorucci

mandylieu8878 and sj_sw_407 are obvious trolls on IG. Why are people still responding to them? Why aren't people looking at the picture that is right in front of their very eyes? A picture is worth a thousand words. My take on the Albert Einstein quote that I mentioned before is if people lack attention or can’t deal with the small matters (hints), then they are not worth telling the important matters (that they're dating). So don’t waste your time trying to convince people that aren’t worth it. If you believe in ShiLiu, then support them! Oh yeah and guys, back then we talked about Papa Choi and Jiwon a bunch. You would think that they would tell Siwon that "pretending" is wrong. And how many SJ members were in WGM? Why haven't they told Siwon to stop now that all we see on Siwon's SNS's are "pls get married," "pls date," "you guys are Asia's Brangelina or Beckham's." 

Edited by diorucci

Hi @ liddi, there's a latest post at mun+won's weibo. There's some pictures about Q&A of Liu Wen. If you have some free time, please help me translate. We love you. Stay strong 16 family. 

Oh I just found a link that need your help @ liddi. Thank you so m uch...Love you and 16 family. http://weibo.com/p/1001603890906020318485
There's also a latest post at mun+won's weibo about tiffany&co poster with words in chinese. We really need your help, @ liddi. Hope you have some free time. Thank you so much. 

Just after the show ended, we see so much good news about this couple. 

I am in the process of translating the Weibo article "The Liu Wen that I Know" with the Q&A, but it is extremely long and I do not anticipate to be able to get it done soon. The article in itself speaks about the author's impressions of Liu Wen from the first time he noticed her, up to now. As for the Q&A, let me just share Q8 for now:

Q8: You spend more time apart from your family rather than together. Have you thought when you will settle down? What is your ideal life?
W: When I wish to settle down, I will definitely settle down. My favourite, ideal life would be to lead a simple, quiet life and grow old with the one I love.

As for the Tiffany related post, it is talking about 3 main points:
1. One should go out and see the world when one is still young
2. Her favourite scenery is of the sky and clouds, because in her heart, she feels that she is looking at a sense of freedom
3. In her eyes, New York is a place where dreams are built

Again, I will translate them in more detail if I get the time.

Hope this helps.

• Like 10