|WGM Chinese Version| We Are In Love - BF Choi Siwon |SUJU| and GF Liu Wen |Victoria Secret Model|

I wonder why they choose this time to release the CF :lol:? I suspect there is "something" here =))

Have you ever seen an idol who shooting CF for couple ring? Especially when he put it on his ring's finger. He wants to prepare

mental for fans? As Liuwen, she also shot only with necklace ..When seeing the ring on his finger, i only think that its only for Liuwen:wub: LW possess

his heart,haha. 

Better not read too much into the ad since there's another woman in it whom Siwon meant the ring for. :lol: I wonder if Piaget hired Siwon to endorse this collection because he showcased it on the show, or if it's the other way around? We know Liu Wen's association with Tiffany's stretches from a few years back.

Anyway, I'm not too thrilled to see these endorsements because they remind me of the fake commerciality of the show; that all we saw might've been nothing more than product placement. It's significant that we haven't seen them wearing any of the gifts we saw on the show since it ended, and I doubt it's due to some concerted effort either.

And great news that she's remaining in East Asia at least until the 29th...just stay there for one or two weeks more and we might get what we want. :P I wonder if she's normally back in NYC at this time, and she's hanging around in Asia now because she's 'on call' waiting to fly a certain somewhere?

welll sorry to tell you but i really think its an endorse stuff. It is not product placement because we cannot see the brand name in the TV show, but usually brand ambassador get a free stuff from the brand, they can use it for themselves or give it to other  people to show their support towards the brand. Endorsement deal is a deal between the artist and the brand, so TV crew and the program has  nothing  to do with it.. so endorsement  but not TV sponsorship or product placement... if siwon and liuwen get married. . I really think they will cease all the opportunity to monetize it as well. I think they are just a very business minded people. . Haha.. and why not do it anyway if you have the offer? Imagine if they have kid. The kid might be on an ad campaign since birth  :w00t:

• Like 1

welll sorry to tell you but i really think its an endorse stuff. It is not product placement because we cannot see the brand name in the TV show, but usually brand ambassador get a free stuff from the brand, they can use it for themselves or give it to other  people to show their support towards the brand. Endorsement deal is a deal between the artist and the brand, so TV crew and the program has  nothing  to do with it.. so endorsement  but not TV sponsorship or product placement... if siwon and liuwen get married. . I really think they will cease all the opportunity to monetize it as well. I think they are just a very business minded people. . Haha.. and why not do it anyway if you have the offer? Imagine if they have kid. The kid might be on an ad campaign since birth  

Ick...so all the gifts we saw on the show are stuff they got for free? That cheapens (literally!) the sentiment behind the gift-giving, I must say. Didn't we get word that they bought and paid for the gifts with their own money, though? And yeah, like I said, it's so...ick...that while the show was running, they ensured that they were spotted wearing the gifts all the time, but as soon as the show ended...you'd think the clock had ticked twelve and the coach had turned into a pumpkin.

is he done filming the drama ? If hes not.. most likely it will be impossible... one more thing, abt siwon being super busy. . I really do think Liu Wen is perfectly  fine with it. Because she is a workaholic too, i think in terms of works and business they do have similar perspective and opinion,  i don't think LW is the type of girl that waiting her man to call all the time, or nagging towards him, since she have a lot of work and goals to achieve for herself.. like i really do think he meet his match in terms of busyness and work ethic..  i think the challenge will truly  comes when siwon enlisting since he will have a relatively more structured schedule, (repetitive schedule everyday) while LW prolly will still be busy as ever and might be more busy if she decides to pursue more  stuff other than modelling .. while she have all the opportunity coming to her..  

She can't be perfectly fine with it because SW explicitly said so in the latest interview: "She'd be okay with it for 1-2 months, but after that...women are all the same". He was bemoaning that a (prospective?) partner would find it hard to cope with his life as an idol. And c'mon, we know he's talking about LW. I don't know why some seem to think he's got so much experience with women; it's clear that LW is the first real girlfriend he's ever had. First girl he's introduced his dad to...first girl he's gone on a holiday with...those 'exes' certainly don't live up to the definition, if you ask me. They're both neophytes at romance, virgins in every sense of the word, and that makes their relationship so touching.

I don't think LW is the clingy type either, but it is only natural for her to want to spend more time with him in order for the relationship to grow. Virtual communication just doesn't cut it in terms of truly getting to know someone better, and LDR can work, but there's usually a solid foundation, a significant period of time spent together before the relationship is cemented and a separation follows. I'm not sure SW & LW had that as they've really spent very little time together when you think about it (she even complains about this in the COTC). The second time she was in Seoul, she was only there for a few days, not even a week...I don't think the trip to Guam lasted for a full week, either. And don't even mention the latest get-together in Seoul.

So yes, it's fairly clear that LW has an issue with SW hardly being able to spend any time with her, and who can blame her for feeling that way? As I said before, he'll have to prioritize what's most important to him if the relationship is to move forward. I suspect LW is far too level-headed and too much of a realist to be ready for a lifetime commitment after just a few TV dates even if it's a pop idol who's squiring her.

• Like 1

Guest deepblue_1

Gosh, LW's Tiffany gifts were all bought by her at a Beijing store, Tiffany's staff already confirmed that a long time ago. PERIOD. SW most likely bought those Piaget accessories himself too. Why are you getting so worked up over these. These things do not mean much in comparison to the true feelings that they've been showing all along. If you need hard evidence, sorry, they are not obliged to provide you with any. 

@juzagal Sorry dear I have no idea what campaign that shooting was for. I've been wondering about that too. Nevertheless, it's great news that there are more campaigns to come for S/S 2016. She's gonna skyrocket and move up that Forbes list next year. Now, I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed that she'll endorse a blue chip.:P

Edited by deepblue_1

Gosh, LW's Tiffany gifts were all bought by her at a Beijing store, Tiffany's staff already confirmed that a long time ago. PERIOD. SW most likely bought those Piaget accessories himself too. Why are you getting so worked up over these. These things do not mean much in comparison to the true feelings that they've been showing all along. If you need hard evidence, sorry, they are not obliged to provide you with any. 

@juzagal Sorry dear I have no idea what campaign that shooting was for. I've been wondering about that too. Nevertheless, it's great news that there are more campaigns to come for S/S 2016. She's gonna skyrocket and move up that Forbes list next year. Now, I'm just gonna keep my fingers crossed that she'll endorse a blue chip.:P

I thought so too, but juzagurl's post intimated that they might have gotten those gifts for free since they have endorsement deals with those brands. Since juzagurl works in the relevant industry, I'll yield to her expertise on these matters.

And I'm not getting worked up over anything. For someone who exhorted shippers to treat this as a fun ride and not to take everything so seriously, you certainly seem to be getting huffy and puffy when someone dares to suggest that at least some aspects of what we saw on the show might've been just that, for show. Sorry, dear, but you don't know any more than we do, and there's as good a chance that they aren't together as the likelihood that they are. In fact, if we're to go strictly by what's 'official', they are not a couple as both have publicly stated that they're currently single.  

• Like 1

hoping that LV has something with Liu Wen. Hoping it'll be her next Blue Chip :-)

Guest deepblue_1

It's tiring to see people constantly going on and on and on about such things. Maybe I've not made my stand clear here, so I'll just say it, if they're together it's all good, if not, just move on, even the wedded can get divorced. I will simply follow what my heart feels about what they're willing to share with us. And yes you are right, I am not them so I know nothing more than the average fan, which is why I've always been much more supportive of their careers and seldom put both of them together in the same picture, unless it's been made obvious such as the MBC entertainment news. To put it bluntly, they drop me a candy, I am a CP fan, otherwise, I'm a career fan.

@deepblue_1 hahaha im not getting all worked up over this. Is just my honest opinion from the perspective of people who work on the business.  Is an opinion not a judgement. And i might be wrong :). If im not mistaken the confirmation we get abt the gift are from the crew and TV production, usually they dont even know abt any of the endorsement deal the artist have, thats why it is always safe for them to said the artist bought it, because they have nothing  to do with it and probably doesnt even know that it is in  fact endorsement  product or not. The purpose of endorsement  is a to be very soft product promotion, the audience don't even realize that it is an advertisement  effort. Take another example. Liu wen Got a free bag from LV with her name in it. She post and tweet the picture in it saying thank you. You can said this as " soft endorsement" activity since she promote the brand through social media. Very soft activity right? LW got a free bag, LV got a free promoting through social media activity. Anyone with powerful social media engagement does this regularly. As a simple as that :) .. 

Please don't be offended with me since im just trying to share my knowledge about how media business works in general.. cheers ! :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

Guest deepblue_1

@Enn Pacuz Heh, that's been on my mind for a while already, feeling very hopeful about it. It's okay though, to see that she's endorsed so many HF brands this year, it's enough to warrant a celebration + fireworks already.:D

@deepblue_1 hahaha im not getting all worked up over this. Is just my honest opinion from the perspective of people who work on the business.  Is an opinion not a judgement. And i might be wrong :). If im not mistaken the confirmation we get abt the gift are from the crew and TV production, usually they dont even know abt any of the endorsement deal the artist have, thats why it is always safe for them to said the artist bought it, because they have nothing  to do with it and probably doesnt even know that it is in  fact endorsement  product or not. The purpose of endorsement  is a to be very soft product promotion, the audience don't even realize that it is an advertisement  effort. Take another example. Liu wen Got a free bag from LV with her name in it. She post and tweet the picture in it saying thank you. You can said this as " soft endorsement" activity since she promote the brand through social media. Very soft activity right? LW got a free bag, LV got a free promoting through social media activity. Anyone with powerful social media engagement does this regularly. As a simple as that :) .. 

Please don't be offended with me since im just trying to share my knowledge about how media business works in general.. cheers ! :sweatingbullets:

Not you, I was referring to allnaturalcrunch. To make it clear to the both of you, someone called up Tiffany's office to enquire, the staff there confirmed that LW bought those at the Beijing store herself.

Okay, let's end everything about the gifts here. I apologise for the harshness. Munwonnie and a couple of us on weibo have been getting really tired with people constantly scanning the both of them for the accessories even when LW's team has already made it perfectly clear several times that she's been donning Tiffany's or Red-Line (it started as a red bracelet given to her from her dad to ward off bad luck when she was 24, it's a Chinese custom). And when people get disappointed with not getting the answers that they want, it 'spreads', causing this poor atmosphere. Also, LW visits munwon's weibo frequently, so we do not wish to upset her with all these nonsense. As such, when people start yakking away about the accessories, it gets on my nerves. Once again, I apologise. Sorry.

Edited by deepblue_1

To be honest if you guys were fussing over SW's Piaget Possession commercial, I could understand (it's still happening in mun+won now if you are interested) . However I totally don't see the need to argue over the gift exchanges in the show. To put it bluntly, if I am planning to get something for someone and I have contractual/professional obligation or personal/family relationship with this certain (high end) brand, I would definitely go for that brand. Whether I choose to pay or I can get it for free, would it be an issue? It's the thought and efforts that counts in the end of the day. 

Well and it's not like they can't afford those things.

• Like 2

Guest deepblue_1

To be honest if you guys were fussing over SW's Piaget Possession commercial, I could understand (it's still happening in mun+won now if you are interested) . However I totally don't see the need to argue over the gift exchanges in the show. To put it bluntly, if I am planning to get something for someone and I have contractual/professional obligation or personal/family relationship with this certain (high end) brand, I would definitely go for that brand. Whether I choose to pay or I can get it for free, would it be an issue? It's the thought and efforts that counts in the end of the day. 

Well and it's not like they can't afford those things.

When I told munwonnie that Piaget's released 2 teasers, I lamented that a bunch of them were gonna kick up a fuss, she said "it'll be extremely unusual if they don't", and we always have to end up telling each other to act blind to those people. Sigh, what to do....

Edited by deepblue_1

Guest deepblue_1

Cr: @THESIWONESTJP/weibo

Cosmopolitan Korea web updated EXR Party The House Siwon

005v7wQDgw1ex80q5ci4ij30c40ig75v.jpg005v7wQDgw1ex80q77lcsj30nw117dmy.jpg

Cr: @mun+won/weibo, @sunblack/weibo 

MBC Facebook just updated a Special MV for She Was Beautiful Ep 1-9.

http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5812068bf8e5ff4afa41634c8850932e

Cr: @石榴裙下Biiiiii/weibo 

Siwon for Piaget Possession Collection Teaser (if you can't watch the tudou versions that I've linked in one of the earlier posts, this is a miaopai version.)

http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:6c3f5eb29e3ac75d9e7ab99821ce6245

Cr: @mun+won/weibo 

0060wjSvjw1ex7vckyn1uj30v91e2thl.jpg

Chinese trans: 二位怎么着也不行 #她很漂亮##崔始源# 高俊熙 飞行夹克

(LOL I have no idea what it's trying to imply, but literally it says 'The both of you can't no matter what #She Was Beautiful #Choi Siwon #Go Jun Hee #instantfunk #aviation jumper #Go Jun Hee aviation jumper)

Edited by deepblue_1

It's tiring to see people constantly going on and on and on about such things. Maybe I've not made my stand clear here, so I'll just say it, if they're together it's all good, if not, just move on, even the wedded can get divorced. I will simply follow what my heart feels about what they're willing to share with us. And yes you are right, I am not them so I know nothing more than the average fan, which is why I've always been much more supportive of their careers and seldom put both of them together in the same picture, unless it's been made obvious such as the MBC entertainment news. To put it bluntly, they drop me a candy, I am a CP fan, otherwise, I'm a career fan.

People have NOT been going on and on about such things in this thread, at least not for a while. No one has mentioned anything about the gifts in ages. Just because you get all het up over what transpires on Chinese-language forums, please don't transfer that attitude over here as it's not the same.

And I do think it's relevant that they ALWAYS had the gifts on at public events while the show was running, but as soon as it was over we never saw those gifts again. That strikes a bad note with me - what, so they want us to think that they're a couple while the show is on air but as soon as it's over, they don't want us to think that? To me, it's a relevant concern, and doubts about the relationship should be allowed in this thread without people wringing their hands and getting all melodramatic about it. If there's cause to be positive, be positive, and if there's cause to be negative, be negative - it's as simple as that.

As for putting them both together in the same picture, um, that's what this thread is for! This thread is about them jointly and their relationship (supposed or otherwise). If this were a fashion forum and I was in the Liu Wen thread, you wouldn't hear a peep about Siwon from me. I also want to point out that we aren't privy to a lot of what's disseminated on Chinese-language forums; for example, this is the first time we're hearing that someone called up Tiffany's in Beijing and confirmed that Liu Wen bought those gifts herself. If we'd known that all along, there'd never have been any doubts about the intention behind the gift-giving, at least on Liu Wen's part.

Are accessories still a point of contention now? Haven't we seen enough post filming that says way way more than accessories, or the origins of those accessories? Why should a CF filmed in July which we already know about when it was being filmed, cause such a huge uproar now? We came through the storms of their single statements, and we have seen so much that tells us all is currently well with them as a couple, so why is this even an issue? With now less than a month to go, shouldn't our eyes be fixed on what is to come.... what else will be revealed. Certainly, we will get little to no news soon enough, at least on his part once he enlists.

• Like 4

Siwon had connections with Piaget before the show, it was only natural that he went with Piaget for his gifts to Liu Wen. Think about it this way, due to his connection with Piaget, it would have been odd if he had chosen a different brand.  He could have got the rings at the discounted price or even for free, however, in this case, it is the thoughts that count.  Sometimes we say that because it is convenient, however, in this case, I truly believe it is fitting and it does not diminish the sentiment associated with the rings.  Piaget is known for its watches, he could have chosen a pair of watches to go along with a romantic message, instead, he chose rings and had them engraved. 

The Section TV interview came at a time after both of them have declared "single", if we believe SELF magazine has quoted LW correctly, that is.  So I think the interview is reflective of the current state of their relationship.  SW came across as serious about his future and made it clear that he would like to get married .  All in all, quite positive.  I totally understand "women are all the same" comment, we are the same deep down when it comes to love, aren't we?  Whether he said that because he truly understands what LW is going through and he couldn't help a lot, or LW might have expressed some dissatisfaction/concerns, the fact remains, the relationship has some challenges like ANY relationship, especially LDR.  The fact he seems to be positive and states he will use the next 2 years to plan his future is a great sign to me, he may see the 2 year enlistment as an opportunity rather than a major threat.  He also made extra efforts to promote eps. 9... where he mentioned LW's name and displayed LW's pictures... so I am feeling positive right now. 

Another thing, speaking from my own LDR experience, I started off my relationship as LDR, we did not spend good amount of time together before parting.. Literally, we decided we were going to date over dinner, and I left the country the following day. I think SW/LW were more advanced than me and my husband when they formalized their relationship (during the show)..  :)

I really hope LW has snuck ininto Korea, she has been very quiet over social media over the past two days.  If not, I really hope there is a work related engagement (a manufactured one is fine too, :w00t:) that allows her to publicly go to Korea and unite with SW before the enlistment.   

Edited by Kculturefun
  • Like 6

Guest ksyting

And I do think it's relevant that they ALWAYS had the gifts on at public events while the show was running, but as soon as it was over we never saw those gifts again. That strikes a bad note with me - what, so they want us to think that they're a couple while the show is on air but as soon as it's over, they don't want us to think that? 

You said it:phew::P

Siwon is definitely juggling a lot on his plate right now... the deleted Instagram post of him bloodied and injured, originally presumed to be a spoiler for upcoming episodes of She Was Pretty, is now revealed to be from a scene in Viki's original series Dramaworld. More here. So he is filming at least 2 series concurrently, on top of whatever else is on his plate. Really hope he gets enough rest.

You're right @Kculturefun. He views the 2-year enlistment as something positive, when he can properly prepare and plan for what he will do in the next 10 years. This is a man with a clear vision of what he wants his life to be, and settling down, having his own family is definitely part of that plan. 

• Like 3

Siwon had connections with Piaget before the show, it was only natural that he went with Piaget for his gifts to Liu Wen. Think about it this way, due to his connection with Piaget, it would have been odd if he had chosen a different brand.  He could have got the rings at the discounted price or even for free, however, in this case, it is the thoughts that count.  Sometimes we say that because it is convenient, however, in this case, I truly believe it is fitting and it does not diminish the sentiment associated with the rings.  Piaget is known for its watches, he could have chosen a pair of watches to go along with a romantic message, instead, he chose rings and had them engraved. 

Well, different strokes for different folks. If he got those gifts for free for whatever reason, that does diminish the sentiment behind the gifting, at least for me. I know I'd be darn peeved if my boyfriend gave me free stuff as presents. And it's not about whether he can afford it or not; it's just the idea of it that I don't like. It's like when Liu Wen cooked for Siwon on the show - would it have meant as much had she bought food for him? The sentiment behind the act isn't entirely diminished, but it means a heck of a lot more that she rustled up something herself.

And I wasn't aware that we should be oh so forward-thinking and never discuss the past in this thread. It's not like the gifts are being talked about out of the blue; the topic was jogged by the news of Siwon's Piaget CF. The convenient timing of the wearing of the gifts is relevant, and joins a long list of obvious, 'official' evidence (the "single" statements fall in this category) that they aren't together, as opposed to the indirect body of clues teased out by shippers who hopefully aren't just seeing what they want to when reading between the lines. If we're to talk about only the future, good luck in keeping this thread alive when Siwon starts his enlistment and goes completely dark; there'd be virtually no news about them as a couple for two years or more.

Thankfully I am not concerned about keeping this thread alive or anything like that. News will come and go... they will either be together or not... why should there be a concerted effort to maintain the liveliness of the thread if people will believe what they want and choose to jump ship or not. Ultimately, anyone is free to leave whenever they please if they cannot weather the silence. As such, a silent thread, especially during his enlistment, does not matter, not to me anyway. We already have our quiet days on the thread, and I can foresee it will be even more so after he enlists. It's just the nature of being on a ship. And if they are confirmed not to be together in future, I will just wish them well and support them separately. Neither of them have given me any reason not to love and respect them as individuals. 

And no, there is nothing wrong with discussing the past, but if it is a discussion that has already been negated at least in terms of their intent towards each other, then why bother bringing it up? 

• Like 6

Guest deepblue_1

Cr: @407xBugsy/weibo 

Behind the scenes for Siwon x Piaget

(Tidbit: Fashion blogger (weibo) who was on-site during the shooting posted back then that he was wearing THE ring.)

0060Aw7tjw1ex8k07x6tgj31401w64qq.jpg

0060Aw7tjw1ex8k0s0z4lj31401w8b2a.jpg

Cr: @石榴裙下Biiiiii/weibo

Behind the scenes for She Was Beautiful

http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:f4dc6a1c40e0c07a62d3a51624b0e0a1

http://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:c7e3f903e4f11853007f78cd7a62d687

Cr: @崔始源/weibo 

9f488b4dgw1ex8hl7d0e0j20qo0dygoy.jpg

LW's gone missing... yet again...:rolleyes:

PS: @liddi & @moonee, do you guys hang out often on weibo?

Edited by deepblue_1

And no, there is nothing wrong with discussing the past, but if it is a discussion that has already been negated at least in terms of their intent towards each other, then why bother bringing it up? 

Ah, but it hasn't really been negated, has it? Looking at it objectively, there's plenty of obvious, 'official' evidence to indicate they're not a couple, so who's to say what their intent is towards each other? Certainly, the fact that they only wore the gifts while the show was on air points towards what the real situation may be like, which is why I brought it up; I can think of no plausible explanation why they'd do that if they're really together. When you think about it, we've had no direct, explicit evidence that they're truly a couple; all we have to go on we've had to read between the lines to acquire.

Obviously, there's a good chance they're together and I'm hoping that they are or I wouldn't be here, but I think it does no harm in talking about the possibility that they might not be, and that includes bringing in evidence such as the gifts to bolster that theory.