[Drama 2015] Masked Prosecutor 복면검사 - Thank You For Watching!!!

kbleon

'Masked Prosecutor' Another masked man appears

photo602078.jpg

On the 8th episode of KBS 2TV's "Masked Prosecutor", Ha Dae-cheol (Joo Sang-wook) went to the police station to meet the masked man who was impersonating him.

Ha Dae-cheol asked a police officer what was happening. The officer pointed a maked man and said, "That guy beat up high school students".

The masked guy excused himself, "I had good reasons. These kids were hitting small children". And then the masked man slapped the high school student again.

Ha Dae-cheol told him "Take off your mask first". Ha Dae-cheol was shocked to see Jang Ho-sik (Lee Moon-sik)'s face when the mask was off. Ha Dae-cheol in surprise quickly dragged him into a corner.

Ha Dae-cheol shouted at the high school students, "It's all thanks to you. He is a member of organized crime gangster. I've been chasing after him. He's an evil. He's well-known for his knife work. I'll take him to the prosecutor's office". The students were intimated by the false information from Ha Dae-cheol.

Source : tenasia.hankyung.com/...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"What to do?"  That is a common Korean Drama line. I am having that trouble now, what to do about my addiction to this drama. At first, I was just trying to impress my neighbor @kbleon that I could work hard too. But as I dug deeply into each conversation during the past few episodes I found this drama to be extremely well written and is totally intellectually challenging. There were quite a few complains about the shoddy police work, so much so some may have left the drama, but I find everything pretty believable. (1) The fact Inspector Pi was tied up and wasn't killed by killer Lee is now finally clear, he was on the side of JST. None of us understood why killer Lee would bother to tie him up and then attempt to kill the female witness. (2) Inspector Pi failed on his job to protect the soon-to-be-conscious killer Lee was a big letdown for all of us. I didn't really like him to start with but he seemed to be useless. But now that has been cleared up. Hopefully, he could do something nice for his team leader. (3) in most of comic superhero plots, law enforcement does seem like useless but that is from the perspective of the super hero and the story is about the super hero. But the depiction of the corruption of the government official is real and that can make you pull your hair out. The little conversation that MH had with HW on a park bench was so well written, how MH said to HW she liked him better in high school, before he was drunken with wealth and power, ouch! In the USA, I witness how two cities were destroyed and the police was handcuffed by pure politics alone. How the DA of the city next to Washington DC used the cops a certain way and then after a riot, blame everything on the cops. Now the cops couldn't do anything due to fear and politics and that city would perhaps never recover. The media is part of it, so many of the subjects covered in this drama is more real than you think. "Drunken with power," wow, that was a great line. JST and Inspector General Ma could decide who is the pest and killing them is a community service. I think this drama is really fantastic. As for my Soompi career, I once wrote in a thread how I love the hair of the female lead and I got 30 likes, but here I have to work my butt off to get a few likes. But I am like DC and MH, I don't care, I want to contribute to this drama and not be critical of it.

Can someone tell me whom DC's mother was kissing in the episode 7? It was too dark to see the man's face... It wasn't her husband, right?

@bebebisous33 The mom was kissing someone else maybe the butler but not the husband.

​She's no angel after all .. pity DC .. First his mum left his dad n him for another man who had framed his dad , now he witnessed his mum flirting with another man  behind her husband n son in their home . ... even when they are having dinner the mum did warned him that she does not like talkative person ...what a manipulative women ,,, just can't wait how she end up at the end ....

Can someone tell me whom DC's mother was kissing in the episode 7? It was too dark to see the man's face... It wasn't her husband, right?

@bebebisous33 The mom was kissing someone else maybe the butler but not the husband.

​Thanks a lot! It seems to me DC's mother might have been involved in the framing of her first husband. She might have seduced his best friend so that the latter would betray his best friend. Now, she is playing the loving wife again, but she is having an affair with the butler and she might try to do the same thing again. Maybe, that's why she tried to get rid of her first son... she didn't care at all.  

"What to do?"  That is a common Korean Drama line. I am having that trouble now, what to do about my addiction to this drama. At first, I was just trying to impress my neighbor @kbleon that I could work hard too. But as I dug deeply into each conversation during the past few episodes I found this drama to be extremely well written and is totally intellectually challenging. There were quite a few complains about the shoddy police work, so much so some may have left the drama, but I find everything pretty believable. (1) The fact Inspector Pi was tied up and wasn't killed by killer Lee is now finally clear, he was on the side of JST. None of us understood why killer Lee would bother to tie him up and then attempt to kill the female witness. (2) Inspector Pi failed on his job to protect the soon-to-be-conscious killer Lee was a big letdown for all of us. I didn't really like him to start with but he seemed to be useless. But now that has been cleared up. Hopefully, he could do something nice for his team leader. (3) in most of comic superhero plots, law enforcement does seem like useless but that is from the perspective of the super hero and the story is about the super hero. But the depiction of the corruption of the government official is real and that can make you pull your hair out. The little conversation that MH had with HW on a park bench was so well written, how MH said to HW she liked him better in high school, before he was drunken with wealth and power, ouch! In the USA, I witness how two cities were destroyed and the police was handcuffed by pure politics alone. How the DA of the city next to Washington DC used the cops a certain way and then after a riot, blame everything on the cops. Now the cops couldn't do anything due to fear and politics and that city would perhaps never recover. The media is part of it, so many of the subjects covered in this drama is more real than you think. "Drunken with power," wow, that was a great line. JST and Inspector General Ma could decide who is the pest and killing them is a community service. I think this drama is really fantastic. As for my Soompi career, I once wrote in a thread how I love the hair of the female lead and I got 30 likes, but here I have to work my butt off to get a few likes. But I am like DC and MH, I don't care, I want to contribute to this drama and not be critical of it.

​You don't need to impressed anybody my dear @docster6 ..Its so wonderful and great to have you  and your neighbor @kbleon  here .. Both of you made so much contributions in this thread and couldn't asked for more .... me ... i cant understand korean and mostly relying on the subs .. ha ha .. but there u are n the rests of you who really contribute a lot here with tireless effort ... So glad that this drama doing so well up to episode 8 and for the low ratings its normal with korean audience , some likes melodrama , comedies , family dramas ... but for me i like this drama , the plot, the storyline and the two lead actors JSW ( biased for life... ha ha) and our beautiful KSA  ... :D obviously there's a loopholes here n there .. so be it ..  its just only a drama ,,,:D

Goodnite eveybody ... sleep tight ...

WXL0lg.gif

Guest Yurichin

Ah @docster6 Ssi I'm agree with you about the plot and the points you pointed, the plot is very2 potential and quite good (I say 'quite' because the story is only rounded in one environment circle, oh isn't other dramas too?? oh Ok. its good then:D), I think very potential after watching ep 7 & 8, but to me the problem...the BIG fatal problems are 1st the promo boasting this is a comedy drama and put together king and queen of comedy in one drama, I'd rather they tell us this is a thriller, revenge and dark drama, then the comedy inside is a bonus and surprise. 2nd is the Visual Delivery, its less sophisticated and not smooth ...the picture is mostly dark and grey (maybe deliberately so, to make certain atmosphere) (plus two main characters awkward delivery in the 1st episode, it's like you enter someone house without knocking (can I say, my grandma could do it better?? *hahah kidding)).

Thus Korea and US is different, because Korea is thick with culture, very small flaw is matter, except I do surprise Caitlin Jenner could be that beautiful and Bruce used to really handsome. The main lead Characters described lack here and there and the 2nd lead is perfect here and there, I'm fine with their awful background and this is said superhero drama, except this is a family drama, you should sell fantasy than real life portraying, such us DC I'd prefer he is a chaebol and act a bookworm than a dorky, like superman and spiderman, or maybe a womanizer by day like batman (here I compare with superheros again ^_^). And of course for KSA's fans, this is a real disappointing she take the "damsel in the distress" like character though she did a strong and intense interrogation but she can't do martial art??!! c'mon..., before...whether her character is a woman who dumped by her boyfriends, or a heartbroken pastry chef, or a dork lowly class officer, or a sick woman her characters before never a damsel in the distress like, I'd want KSA did not take this drama, and of course I'll pass this drama ^_^, I can't even breath in peace while watching it, their delivery isn't beautiful at all. But since she's part of it, I'll stick with it and enjoy every part of her acting even as people said her character is an 'incompetent chief detective'..sigh.......waiting maybe there some part of her bad a*s*s time.

A drama is one package from the actors, the plot, the cinematography, the directing etc2....sigh...with their lack here and there I hope it gets better technically. And thank you docster Ssi for giving your affection toward this thread, thank you so much though I know who you stick in here for...the dorky hero is very funny and entertaining ^_^. I can't expecting more but waiting for your summaries and POVs ^_^. Kamsahamnida...:)

Guest Yurichin

[Drama Recap] Masked Prosecutor: Episode 5

by odilettante

mp0500265a.jpg

In a surprise twist, the show actually starts to become really good. I almost can’t believe it’s the same show. Finally everything has managed to come together and not only make sense, but be entertaining as well. Plot wise (because there is a plot! Yay!), Min-hee continues to be awesome as she idealistically tries to fight against the heavy weight of corruption that threatens to smother everyone who comes in contact with Sang-taek (who, btw, is revealed to be super evil, but that’s no surprise to anyone), and Dae-chul’s secret identity as the “masked avenger” may not be so secret any more. Oh, and of course there’s lots of bickering. Of course.

EPISODE 5 RECAP

http://www.dramabeans.com/2015/06/masked-prosecutor-episode-5/

Spoiler -  'Masked Prosecutor' Bloody fight: Joo Sang-wook vs Jeon Kwang-ryeol

/사진=KBS 2TV '복면검사' 영상 캡처
/사진=KBS 2TV '복면검사' 영상 캡처

"Masked Prosecutor" Masked Joo Sang-wook attacked Jeon Kwang-ryeol. On the June 10th episode of KBS 2TV's Wednesday and Thursday drama, "Masked Prosecutor", Ha Dae-cheol (Joo Sang-wook) attacked Jo Sang-taek (Jeon Kwang-ryeol), who had cornered his father Jeong Do-seong (Jeong Do-seong) to death. On this day, Ha Dae-cheol happened to drink with Kang Hyeon-woong (Eom Gi-joon) and Jo Sang-taek (Jeon Kwang-ryeol). Jo Sang-taek showed off to Ha Dae-cheol about one of his successful cases from the old days. Ha Dae-cheol's father Jeong Do-seong was one of the victims affected by his unfair handling of the case. Ha Dae-cheol in mask later attacked Jo Sang-taek. Jo Sang-taek said, "A coward hiding behind the mask, you're trying to kill me? No, you can't ". At this moment, Yoo Min-hee (Kim Seon-ah , who was informed by Pi Seong-ho (Hong Seok-cheon), rushed to the spot and could stop Ha Dae-cheol. And Ha Dae-cheol ran away.

Read more at: http://tr.im/HMehV

Episode 8 – Recap

(1) HW Mom (also DC Mom) saw Prosecutor Ha leaving his apartment and JHS complained loudly through a window that he is idiot for forgetting his prosecutor badge for work. Mom put pieces together that DC might be her EX’s son and said, “no way, it’s you.”

(2) HW in his office going over all masked man’s exploits in 2014 in JinJoo and PyeongTaek, two faraway cities and his recent 2015 activities in Seoul. He definitely correlated those cities with DC’s employment history. HW cannot believe a snobbish guy like a prosecutor could go around beating up people, he was thinking there might be a masked man helping DC always.

(3) Police arrested a masked fighter with a green and red mask beating up on 3 high school bullies. When asked by police who he is, the masked man replied proudly, “I am a man of justice.” DC was called to the holding area by JHS and he had to think fast what to do. He sent the masked man to another part of the police station and pretended to thank the students for helping him find a mobster he has been looking for. DC told them horror stories about how this man never forgets his enemies and his knife work is fierce. The students were so scared and they most likely would change for the good. Afterward, DC and JHS had ice cream and JHS was so proud of himself; JHS said the mask really gave him confidence. DC wasn’t so sure but JHS convinced him to continue as the “whack job of justice,” a name DC seemed to accept.

(4) MH and HW talked on a park bench and HW inquired about the masked man and MH knew JST asked him to look into the matter. MH asked if it is the Chinese-Korean (DC’s father) masked man, HW said no. HW asked why MH brought up JST when he asked about the masked man. Then MH spilled out all the connections of Kang’s family to JST to DA Song; so much so HW was surprised. MH said the spy case was handled years ago by JST and JST was associated with HW’s Kang family for a long time and DA Song was the prosecutor of the spy case and that was why HW saved Song from the golf gifts scandal. MH recommended HW to stay away from his father’s business and not to get dragged into it. MH walked away and HW asked why MH is so fixated on getting JST. MH said, “JST tried to killed me and he uses Song to look down on the police department, are those enough of a reason?”

(5) HW mom went back to the orphanage she dropped DC off at and the director said he left during the 3rd year of high school because he found his father. Mom looked at the photo of her EX on her phone and called DC for tea. They entered the elevator to that tea place at the same time and that brought back memory for Mom when DC called her “Oh-Ma” twice. During tea, Mom asked DC if he remembered their first encounter and DC didn’t say much, mostly nodding and being polite. Mom asked DC to help her find her son. DC asked if he is HW? Mom said no, another son whom she misses so much. She started to act sad, cried, held onto DC’s hand to add emphasis, knowing what she does would affect him.  Mom’s expression changed to a more evil look after she drove away in her car and previous sequence of emotional outpour was all fabricated. Mom feels DC is back for revenge.

(6) HW at home working on a labtop. Mom talked to HW her usual way, very affectionate. Mom asked if  DC was the one who approached HW as HW appears to be working with DC more and more. HW said no, he was the one who approached DC for help (to make Mom’s interrogation simpler). As she walked away, her expression changed again to that semi-evil look, saying about DC, “you can’t steal anything from me.” It appears now Mom is ready to battle DC as enemy; there is not much of a chance for her to reclaim DC as a son.

(7) DC drank a beer alone outdoors and recalled many things that Mom talked about. He is still not sure about Mom’s true intention and he might still holding out hope that his mom would return as his loving mom. Therefore, at this point of the drama, Mom has the upper hand.

(8) JST and HW talked on the rooftop and JST wants HW to accelerate the search for the masked man and JST was sure that MH has a connection to the masked man. As soon as JST mentioned MH, HW was agitated and he warned JST to stay clear of the police. HW’s previous conversation with MH appeared to make him realize his connection to JST is not a healthy one.  JST was not pleased also as HW walked away, saying, “I don’t think he knows who is holding the leash.”  JST made a call to DA Song and asked to have a meeting and have him invite HW also.

(9) Chief challenged MH at her desk asking why JST’s attempted murder case was not being processed quickly. MH told chief he will get counsel from the prosecutor and get back to him. Because of the chief’s constant micromanagement of her work (for all the wrong reasons, like ruining her press conference), MH walked away without any respect for her superior. A war may have started inside her department.

(10) A scene all of us have been waiting for. MH went to DC’s office to show him papers of a JST’s attempted murder case and they bickered for a bit, as usual. DC said the masked man must be a very smart criminal who knows what he was doing. MH disagreed about the smart part. DC continued to say great things about the masked man but each time MH had some lesser opinion of him. Finally, they decide the way the report was written placed too much emphasis on JST’s story, MH decided the masked man didn’t have a weapon and that he had to search for a rock so the encounter was more of a fight than anything. When they both agreed, DC put his hand around MH’s shoulder and basically did a sit-down version of a side hug. MH was actually flustered. SRN spoiled the occasion by barging in and MH stood up, all embarrassed. SRN asked why they weren’t fighting this time and asked when they would be finished because she needs the conference room soon. After SRN left, DC told MH to stop working on the small cases and the two should go get JST together and that he will take JST’s case from SRN. MH agreed to it and they had that now famous handshake. DC was so upbeat, he said the line, “we are joining hands, finally walking on the same path.”

(11) DA Song, JST and HW met at a Room Business Club. HW was serious and quiet; JST was his usual smooth talking self, with a lot of haha along the way. JST told DA Song HW is not doing well in his part of the deal. Song told him even though HW is an ordinary prosecutor but his status in the Just Prosecutor’s Group is of the highest. JST outright challenge HW’s capability by saying he has a similar emotional weakness as his father, saying Kang could have married anyone but he chose to marry his rival’s woman. All those are hurtful things for HW to hear and this drama is going to the direction where the bad guys no longer have the cohesion needed to stay powerful. After Song left, HW asked why he dug up the history of his mom and JST said his instinct told him HW’s mom has a lot to do with the deal to frame DC’s dad and that she is no angel.

(12) HW in his office looking at a framed picture of him, mom and dad. HW smiled quite brightly as if he was cherishing his loving family. Then, suddenly, he stood up and violently threw the picture onto the hard floor, shattering the glass, yelling out emotionally, “why? You too, mom, why? Why? Why?”

(13) JST and his two henchmen planning something, they were asked to find the connection of YMH and the masked man. At night, MH was walking and the Masked Man surprised her. They were both dressed in black, they looked so good (especially MH). The masked man came by to thank MH for not chasing him to arrest him. And he thanked her for liking him. MH was all confused, trying to deny she likes him yet she wasn’t sure. Then the masked man gleefully thanked her again and that they could walk on the same path. Just then, MH was starting to recognize the masked man’s line from before and said that she knew another guy who said similar things. Then masked man asked if she likes the other guy. MH started to get confused. Finally she took out her handcuff and said she cannot let her emotion get in her way of being a detective. Masked man said thank you again and escape and MH didn’t give chase. The two were photographed.

(14) MH at home sitting in front of her bed at home on the floor; DC laying in his bed thinking; all the flashback moment between MH and DC as the masked man were played back. Very romantic: MH receiving the hearts on her phone; the rose at the gate; DC fought against killer Lee and the motorcycle, etc. MH is definitely fond of the masked man by now. DC was affected even more as he felt he made progress toward MH during the day.

(15) DC and JHS talked at home and JHS immediately knew DC has a girl problem. JHS said DC should just reveal himself as the masked man because there is no way for his great work to be recognized. Just a thought here, SRN said several episodes ago that she would not allow DC to use the mask for his personal gain, could the nice things DC have done for MH be considered “using the mask for DC’s purpose?”

(16) DC talked to HW in HW’s office. DC was acting very respectful, treating HW as a boss. HW asked about the investigation progress on the JST case. DC said not yet but soon he would have something on JST. HW asked DC about his secret, why his prosecution success is 2 or 3 times better than everyone else. DC laughed it off. HW invited DC to attend the meeting of the Just Prosecutor’s Group.

(17) HW talked to his dad at home and HW suggested ending their involvement with JST. HW dad wants to have that done but was not decisive and that seems consistent with JST’s assessment that he is weak. HW to Dad he could get someone else do it and he could just use him and then dump him. Father was glad to hear that. It is pretty clear HW and JST will be on opposite side quite soon.

(18) DC and SRN had a happy talk together; DC was boasting how everything is working perfectly and he seems to have no flaw. He said he was invited by the “firm” and that he could get in there and be able to bring them down. SRN laughed along but said she does not view him the same way; it seems SRN feels DC does not plan well before and after and he is too nice to deal with the bad guys. SRN asked DC to think carefully about his invitation to the tiger’s den.

(19) At home, HW mom hugged HW, claiming for no reason. In a voice over, Mom claimed, “if things affects HW, I can abandon him (DC) at any point.” So the writer has made it clear Mom is now an enemy to DC, take her side with HW in all positions. At home, DC talked to his imaginary late father and updated him.  DC said he is not sure about Mom’s intentions and that he is conflicted.

(20) JST received the photos of MH trying to arrest the masked man. The young henchmen were confident that MH didn’t intend to arrest the masked man and that their relationship appeared to be good. To get to MH they decided to go after her family and they were able to find her connection to her uncle.  The “hyung” of the henchmen wore glasses to appear intellectual and he approached uncle with an offer he cannot refuse, a chance to bring pro wrestling back to his gym. MH was concerned.

(20) JST reviewed the papers of an illegal company run by a mobster in the Philippines who sold girls to Korean clubs. JST wants MH to be associated with that and end her police career. The next day uncle wore a beautiful suit and went to work, there he blindly signed a contract backdated 3 months and that company was to be arrested immediately. Uncle was happy seeing his office and a glass name plate. As soon as he left his building he was arrested by Inspector Jang (a bad cop).

(21) Uncle was booked by the police and MH came in and saw the situation and she blew up at Inspector Jang. Chief came and told Jang to continue and if MH interrupts in some way, report her for violation. MH asked Inspector Park for advice and MH also asked DC for advice and she made a connection between Chief and JST based on what Park said about (a) chief not liking her (b) doing a bad press conference (c) pressing her to act on JST’s attempted murder charge. Base on that DC has a lead on how to handle the situation.

(22) DC was on a stake-out at a residential neighborhood. Chief Park Sun Jun drove away and stopped at a carwash. DC watched as the carwash worker put a suit case into the man’s trunk. DC followed the car and beat the heck out of the guy and took the briefcase from the trunk. Back home DC and JHS opened the briefcase and it was full of cash (JHS was in love with the untraceable money). There were also two first class plane tickets for Park Sung Jun. DC wants to use the pickpocket skills of JHS to help expose the bribe for the chief and JHS was so excited to claim his nickname was “No Eye Hand,” meaning he could do his job that no one could see.

(23) DC and JHS went to the Gangnam police station and JHS using his lock-picking skills to get into the chief’s office and put the briefcase into a storage shelf with doors. The next morning Chief Park, with a patch on his inured face went to work and JHS bumped him on the staircase and slipped the plane tickets into his jacket. I guess a good pickpocket could do that easily (as least in shows). A warranted search later by internal investigators got that chief arrested and MH was interrogating him. The man was defiant but MH was very confident about the case. But a lawyer came and that changed the situation, claiming it was an illegal investigation and MH may have made a mistake in her approach.

(24) SRN seemed defeated because of what MH may have done. DC was confident, has a smirk on his face, saying, “you win some and you lose some.” SRN continued to quiz him. DC received a call from CSI and left immediately. MH received a call from DC to meet him at the CSI center.

(25) The final scene had MH going to JST’s company and there she met JST’s daughter and the daughter seems like a really nice girl, she actually called MH “unni” not knowing she might be a real step sister. JST came out and asked his daughter to wait while he talks to MH. MH was angry at JST for arresting her uncle and they exchanged angry words. As they parted, JST came to realize maybe MH is his daughter due to his flashback of his confrontation with MH when she asked him for the name of the rapist who bribed him with $1000. Aish, at the same time, DC talked to the CSI personnel and he showed him two papers, the first one confirm 100% the blood on the red mask is JST’s and the second one showed 99.9% matching of YMH and JST, Just then, MH entered the room, talking to DC but DC was in shock and speechless and that was the end of the episode.

Guest Yurichin

Thank you so much again @docster6 Ssi for the summary and some clear conversation ^_^^_^...still waiting for sub, MP in Viki is not available in my country :sweatingbullets:

I want ep 9 right now...everything became complicated huwaaa....it's like playing inside spider web

- DC and HW had a deal, DC will help HW family cut the ties with JST (DC knows HW just a pawn to JST), and DC asked HW should make DC as JST's enemy? (why?). Both father and son really wants it (cut ties w JST), but I'm not sure with mom (mom maybe will approach JST in the future and make a deal with him, since she knows everything (and I hate the fact))

-I'm not sure about this, does DC had no intention to framed HW and his family?? or he had plan??that we don't know??!!. And what will HW thinking and do after he knows DC is his half brother??!!

-SRN worried with DC's step since everything working so smooth (maybe she worried since DC two agent now)

-HW think that DC maybe has a connection with masked man, JST said to HW that MH maybe close to masked man

-MH and DC finally work in JST's case together...will HW knows that they work together? and conclude who the masked man?!

-JST wants MH to give him the masked man if she wants uncle to be free, will JHS be a masked conman to trick JST once again?? (will be funny)

-JST maybe knows MH is somehow has his blood, DC's mom knows he is her 1st son. DC knows MH is JST's daughter (I wanna know what will he thinks, someone who works together with you is the daughter of someone you hate the most, did DC know MH history if she the child of a rape??!!)

what a chaos... a long journey to break the pyramid well good luck DC and friends :D

Archived