[Drama 2015] Masked Prosecutor 복면검사 - Thank You For Watching!!!

kbleon

Episode 6 - Story Draft 1

(1) At the end of Episode 5, MH was knocked cold and her gun was on the elevator floor. One of the ST's bad guys picked up the gun and pointed at MH's head and was ready to shoot. The rooftop conversation between HW and ST was at a heated stage, HW told ST if he kills MH, then ST will die and that ST will disappear like the hired killer because DA Song is that powerful. Just in time, the second bad guy showed the gunman a "Stop" message from ST and MH was spared.

(2) A passerby at that apartment woke MH up and she staggered home. It just happened DC was at the wrestling ring taking out his frustration from his meeting with his mom at the clothing store. DC took her to the hospital and she was declared fine and there was no internal injury to her head. DC was with her doctor and he noticed a text from HW asking if she is okay. HW was frantic to see if she is alive because it was such a close call as what ST ordered was a termination of MH.

(3) ST told his men to use MH's gun to kill someone and that would terminate MH's police career. Through CCTV MH and her detectives were able to identify the van which dropped the killer's pregnant wife off at the apartment. The police and DC, independently, converged to warehouse identified by that van. There was a shoot-out and one detective was shot and the masked man help stop the get away briefly. The men got away but they saved the pregnant woman. DC watched the tender scene where MH cared for the mother and asked her to return to Vietnam immediately. DC, as the masked man, asked why she gave up a witness and MH told him she does not want the new son to be raised as a murderer's son for the rest of his life. As the mask man was leaving, MH pulled on his mask to find out who he is and they ended on the floor and they had an accidental kiss.

(4) MH had lunch with her uncle and they talked about a masked man who helped her. Uncle said the guy must be married and that is why he wore a mask. They basically couldn't figure out who would do such a thing. MH actually wished the masked man would come forth to face her so she would know who has been nice to her. That means MH is appreciative of the masked man's help after all.

(5) MH's division is now saddled with stupid cases because the big ST case was taken away from them. MH was frustrated dealing with a doctor who had an illicit affair with a 15-year old. He had another doctor testify for him and that case was not going anywhere. But in the men's room, DC notice from an earlier encounter that the witness doctor was doing drug privately and he actually got his hair sample to prove that. So his prosecution case was successful, to MH's surprise, because of the masked man's behind the scene threats. That was a good victory that we viewers could enjoy.

(6) SRN had a talk with DC and they decided if you eliminate ST, there will be another ST. If you elimiate HW there will be another HW. So DC said to go for the top and go after District Attorney Song Man Seok. SRN had a talk with her father, the Minster of Justice, and they decided no one could challenge Song because that person's career would be shot. Then SRN said, "but there is one person..." She knew that would be DC, the masked prosecutor.

(7) Then the masked man caused some trouble for Song as he took some incriminating photos at the golf course. The process had Song worried but HW solved that problem well. This part would need to clarified later as there were a lot of complicated dialog.

(8) MH and DC had dinner together and DC ended up being drunk. MH had to take him home using a cab and there she saw all of DC's posted news articles. Also, she saw her young picture displayed prominantly and that is an indication that DC still has the same feeling for her. The episode ended with her shocked expression, meaning she now know even more about the case. The picture of the DC's father's back would be a source of information later on.

In conclusion, the good guys now have a very solid chance of causing problems for corrupted people. The bad guys are actually a little less confident at this point. Sorry for the mess.

​Thanks a lot @docster6 for the recap .. ohhh... now i can breathe clearly and understand the whole story of episode 6 .. I'm glad that the drama is going to the right direction now .. both the MH and DC is doing so well and they can have a nice conversations now despite their disagreement in the investigations .. but since MH now discovered some concrete evidence in DC bedroom, I'll think they both will collaborate to punished the corrupt politicians that caused the innocent peoples suffered  behind bars ...

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@docster6 Thanks for the recap, finally got the chance to watch both episodes with chinese sub, the Masked Man sent incriminating photos to the police showing Song receiving golf clubs as gifts, to get Song out of it and save all the the bad guys, HW claimed that the photos are real but the golf clubs aren't Song's but it's his instead, HW said he received the gifts as son of the president of YK group, it just so happened that he put the golf clubs on Song's car that day.

Hello everyone.

I've just followed this drama, watching Eps 1-4 in a row. I have yet to watch the latest two episodes, and besides, my Korean is limited so I'm afraid I won't be much helpful to all of you in this thread. But we'll see.

Anyway, these are my first impressions of this drama. 

1. I thought the drama aimed for pure rom-com with only small doses of mystery. This clearly isn't the case. I was pleasantly surprised and I'm secretly hopeful that this drama will have a crossover of TEN/The Five vibes. Or maybe I'm just looking forward to see our two leads in a thriller film or drama.

2. However, I still wish that the drama could explain how evil the villains are by showing their villainy mechanisms in a direct approach, instead of lengthy dialogues or monologues. Too many sitting scenes and brooding scenes for my liking, but hopefully this situation have changed in the two latest episodes.

3. Although I'm sure that Joo Sang-wook is more than capable of combining his grim/serious side with his comedic one, the transition isn't always smooth. Perhaps this is a direction problem. Sometimes it made me feel as if Kim Sun-ah and him were in two different dramaverse.

4. I wish they didn't make it too easy for Kang Hyun-woong to recruit Dae-chul in the Just Prosecutors circle. One red circle and one or two phone call...that was too lazy an exposition for me. He could've been shown asking around about Dae-chul, and reading up Dae-chul's track record as a prosecutor, at least. 

When the drama set up such a formal secret meeting scene for the Just Prosecutors, a la Gaksital's Kishokai, I assume that this organization is the roots of all evil in this drama. That's why I want its henchmen to be all serious about their potential recruits. I want them to investigate Dae-chul thoroughly, and yet he could still trick them time after time. 

5. I would love to see Kim Sun-ah as a bada$$ cop. The biker attack scene was too painful for me to watch because Min-hee could've been written and directed as a tough cop the drama kept saying she was, not a damsel in distress. 

Again, as in the case of Joo Sang-wook's transition, I'm NOT blaming the actress. Kim Sun-ah has always had this grit in her, so it's up to the drama to tap this.

6. I hope the drama wouldn't turn Im Ji-sook (the mother) into an innocent woman. I hope that she'd stay as dirty and materialistic as we now think she is. For once, I don't want to see a wronged mother (as in, she thought Dae-chul was dead so she left, or something) or a hysterically evil mother (the ones seen in many kdramas). I want a calm and collected mother who knowingly abandoned her son. Surely senior actress Jung Ae-ri is capable of delivering this kind of performance.

7. Having watched Park Young-gyu in three kdramas in a row these past few months, I must say the senior actor is on a roll. I wish the drama had made more use of his character Jung Deo-sung's voice phising network. It could've made the drama more intense: tracking down the baddies by their methods.

That's all I've got to say for now. I'm sorry for the many criticisms I wrote and I'm  looking forward to discuss the drama with all of you.

Guest ororomunroe

[Spoilers]Masked Prosecutor 6

Osen - Naver: "Masked Prosecutor", Developing 'some' relationship between Joo Sang Wook and Kim Sun Ah?

1. [+130, -8] I love Joo Sang Wook

2. [+128, -11] This drama has good actors, the plot is refreshing and deals with justice but why I don't understand why it's not doing well ratings-wise? Is it because of the directing? This is unfortunate because 'Masked Prosecutor' is really fun ㅜㅜHwaiting to the cast!

3. [+99, -16] This drama is so good.. but people are more drawn to that absurd doppelgänger story..

4. [+61, -8] 'Masked Prosecutor' is jjang jjang jjang^^ The acting and story are jjang. I'm enjoying it a lot^-^

5. [+19, -6] Impressed by Joo Sang Wook and Kim Sun Ah's acting. The mask concept might seem immature but the plot is fresh and delightful

6. [+16, -5] The acting is great but the pace is dragging the quality of the drama. To the actors, please review the script before you calling it a deal. Everyone's calling themselves writer these days and look at the crap they put out

7. [+6, 0] Terrible script. I hoped that the directing could cover the flawed writing like that junkyard scene but the directing is  also awful. Just watching this for Joo Sang Wook and Kim Sun Ah ㅠ

Cr: kkuljaem

"Terrible script. I hoped that the directing could cover the flawed writing like that junkyard scene but the directing is  also awful. Just watching this for Joo Sang Wook and Kim Sun Ah "

You are right on, ororomunroe. I'm watching this mainly because of my goddess, Kim Sun Ah.

But episode 6 seemed to be a little better. Do hope that the remaining episodes will be better.

Please wake up, director, producer and writer. Do not have the screen too dark. Put a little more

lighting in each scene, especially the accidental kiss scene.

Why is it too long for them to sub MP.. while the two other dramas are fast.. :(

Talking about the actors... Joo Sang Wook and Kim Sun Ah really save the show... they make me want to watch it till the end..

Same here. I want to give credit to the actors. They are awesome.

Why is it too long for them to sub MP.. while the two other dramas are fast.. :(

Talking about the actors... Joo Sang Wook and Kim Sun Ah really save the show... they make me want to watch it till the end..

Same here. I want to give credit to the actors. They are awesome.

True .. @mtmaharini @kenixoon both definitely nailed their character .. and when they're together they just shines .. hopefully they will ended up happily at the end ( and real life too .. ha ha)

[Drama Recap] Masked Prosecutor: Episode 6

photo599994.jpg

Kim Seon-ah and Joo Sang-wook kissed.

On the June 4th episode of KBS “Masked Prosecutor”, Dae-cheol (Joo Sang-wook) and Min-hee (Kim Seon-ah) shared a surprised kiss. Min-hee had a gunfight with Sang-taek (Jeon Kwang-ryeol)’s men. Seong-ho (Hong Seok-cheon) had an injury on his shoulder during this fight. Although masked Dae-cheol came to the scene, he could not be of much help.

While Seong-ho was admitted to a hospital, Min-hee tried to take off Dae-cheol’s mask. She said, “By the way, who are you”. The two fell down while they were struggling to stop each other. Their lips touched by surprise. A cleaning lady showed up at the scene. When she scolded the two, “What are you two doing in a hospital”, it made them feel embarrassed.

cr. ZKPOP 5 Jun, 2015 0 News

Archived