[Drama 2015] Masked Prosecutor 복면검사 - Thank You For Watching!!!

kbleon

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I like about this drama after they have killed his father these people have no idea that father and son had reconnected even the mother don't even know I think he should clean them all out to dry and abandon his mom like she did him

What I like about this drama after they have killed his father these people have no idea that father and son had reconnected even the mother don't even know I think he should clean them all out to dry and abandon his mom like she did him

​Yes.. @valsava .. totally agreed with you ... I can't wait to reach that part where  he needs to get revenge oh his father's death , whoever put his dad life miserable and framed him , n suffered all his life separated from him for years ..this is going to be something that we will see the some High  level people will succumb to the end...  and the reasons on why his mum abandoned and forgotten him totally ... !!

@melchai, @valsava and @kbleon, thank you for keeping this thread alive. Thank you @mdnora for joining us, we were a team in Birth of a Beauty. Unfortunately, I think the "major" revenge for DC's father and MH for her mother will come Episode 15 or 16. In between we will get a lot of frustration dealing with the powerful people; they have the money and the high positions. It appears the top prosecutor is on the take as well. Things will be hard for MH's office and for DC's office because the Seoul Office could just come in and remove all the evidences without a fight. That is why we will only get satisfaction when the masked man beat up on everybody in the evening. For a story-line such as this, the only hope for now is the bad guys beating up some other bad guys, like the golf swing example or one bad guy hinting to the police the weakness of another bad guy. There is one interesting angle about the gangster boss and the professional killer, the latter seems to be so obedient to him. The killer must owe something to his boss because the boss could say things like, "did you wear a mask when you did your job? I figure you wouldn't have, you are not that stupid." Even though he is the boss, I don't feel he should talk to his top killer that way. In the golf scene, the killer was practicing a golf swing over the young woman's head and then the boss told him to let all the underlings go as the top killer could handle it from that point forward. So the gangsters have a large group of fighters but the killer we are dealing with is at the top. So DC will have to face off with him soon enough.

There are 4 major leads in this drama: Of course, our lovely OTP. Then there is the villain prosecutor HW, played by a very good actor, Um Ki-joon. There is one more, a former detective with the name of Jo Sang Taek of age about DC's father. I hope he could replace DC's father as a mentor and not be on the other side. DC is now all alone without his father and his relationship with Min Hee takes some serious work. So it would be great if there is another character with experience and connection who could help our hero out a little. I am dying for the story to unfold, I am really into this drama even though I don't have a clue of what is going on.

MOD EDIT: Please don't link illegal streaming sites on here.

Watch and enjoy and please help keep this thread alive. Things to watch out for: (1) The dealing of the Attorney General, the Minister of Prosecution. (2) I think they know the chief inspector, that would be our lovely Min Hee, is not on board with the corruption and the higher ups would try to eliminate her, maybe through politics, or if that does not work, through physical harm. (3) The top guy wants HW to finish off the case fast and without loose ends and that would be an advantage for our side because the masked man will cause some trouble. (4) All of DC's "stupid" antics would be funnier now because of the translation, that of spider man, etc. Have fun.

I think ep 2 is a bit boring compared to ep 1 and the directing is a bit choppy as well. I enjoyed ep 1 better tbh. But it seems like the story will pick up after this.

I don't get why DC has to pretend as a wuss and materialistic when he's a prosecutor on day and be the hero of justice on night. What's the point in pretending like that?

@riribl, I don't think DC is a wuss during the day, he is actually very smart if we read between the lines. In Cunning Single Lady and in Birth of a Beauty, we were told the JSW character is a genius and we as viewers just have to accept that. But in this drama, we were told DC had academic problems and that he is just a fighter because of the way he was brought up as an orphan. He also told his father he barely passed the bar exam (from the show Pride and Prejudice, it appears to be not so easy as well). Yes, he was a wuss when he let the violent suspect go because of alumni connections of the attorney. But when MH confronted him about the release, he made a lot of sense explaining how the police cannot press charges based on their evidences, like the suspect being drunk, etc. He gave MH great hints using an unregistered phone and even then there was not enough evidence until he got the camera results of a nearby parked car. I think in a few more episodes we will be able to see DC has brains beside brawn. I am looking forward to it. After all, DC's father told him he has the genes to be a super smart guy.

Guest Yurichin

(5) DC was beating up a guy with a black mask when he was in bed. He was extracting information from that man.

​I think he (Lee Moon Shik) will be his ally (in the wikipedia, he's one of the people around DC)....DC needs one...like batman

I think ep 2 is a bit boring compared to ep 1 and the directing is a bit choppy as well. I enjoyed ep 1 better tbh. But it seems like the story will pick up after this.

I don't get why DC has to pretend as a wuss and materialistic when he's a prosecutor on day and be the hero of justice on night. What's the point in pretending like that?

​Maybe can't say it boring but the story getting heavy ... it's not what I'm expect...I felt the production team deceive me, they give comedy sparks in the beginning, but this is more to makjjang and thriller...don't mind thriller, but makjjang?? have to keep my distance (but still never missed to watch my queen Suna). About DC have to be act that way, I guess you'll find the answer after watch 2nd episode with subtitle.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There's a lot of works and impossible way to handle the higher up, DC is too inferior for that...I never watch big man full episode...but I don't know how the inferior character handle the big fishes ( Anchovy VS Sharks ???), this is hard, I wonder how the drama going. agree with @40somethingahjumma, would be better if DC is a chaebol, Bruce Wayne feels...(so sad Christian Bale won't take the sequel :(  )

I think MH already know or guessing who the unknown person who sent her clues, but she never thinks about romance, her goal is to find the guy who attack her mother, maybe I'm wrong but I hope and guess that DC and MH will work together like batman and catwoman, who knows what happen during their collaboration (if it really happen later ^_^). This is hints about YMH from KSA which translated by Claribel (Kimsunaonline FB page) :

"The person I WANT to become is NOT a POLICE Officer who FOLLOWS the LAW. I want to be a POLICE who BREAKS apart UNJUST LAWS.....Yoo Min Hee's goal...#‎In‬ Yoo Min Hee's journal~~^^"

​I think he (Lee Moon Shik) will be his ally (in the wikipedia, he's one of the people around DC)....DC needs one...like batman

​Maybe can't say it boring but the story getting heavy ... it's not what I'm expect...I felt the production team deceive me, they give comedy sparks in the beginning, but this is more to makjjang and thriller...don't mind thriller, but makjjang?? have to keep my distance (but still never missed to watch my queen Suna). About DC have to be act that way, I guess you'll find the answer after watch 2nd episode with subtitle.

I've watched it with subtitle, and I still don't get it.

@riribl, I don't think DC is a wuss during the day, he is actually very smart if we read between the lines. In Cunning Single Lady and in Birth of a Beauty, we were told the JSW character is a genius and we as viewers just have to accept that. But in this drama, we were told DC had academic problems and that he is just a fighter because of the way he was brought up as an orphan. He also told his father he barely passed the bar exam (from the show Pride and Prejudice, it appears to be not so easy as well). Yes, he was a wuss when he let the violent suspect go because of alumni connections of the attorney. But when MH confronted him about the release, he made a lot of sense explaining how the police cannot press charges based on their evidences, like the suspect being drunk, etc. He gave MH great hints using an unregistered phone and even then there was not enough evidence until he got the camera results of a nearby parked car. I think in a few more episodes we will be able to see DC has brains beside brawn. I am looking forward to it. After all, DC's father told him he has the genes to be a super smart guy.

​What I meant is why did DC have to emphasize he had to suck up to the higher ups when he talked to Min Hee many times? It does nothing in impressing Min Hee his love, instead it makes his value in her eyes getting lower. So I don't get what's the point in saying that repeatedly? Did he do that just to flirt with Min Hee? Well that does have a wrong effect, I would react like Min Hee too if I were her.

And DC seemed to reject Min Hee's plead of warrant continuously on purpose. On what purpose? Idk. One of it prolly because he had to let the suspects go because of connections. But after that he kept acting like a materialistic and lazy prosecutor in front of her, I'm not sure if he meant it for real or just for act. It seems like it's just for an act but I don't get what the purpose is.

Well I did watch this drama before I slept so I might have slipped some details at that time.

The death of HDC father will open up the crimes that involved a high profile individuals years back .. especially HDC mum and soon  she will be tormented by the news ,, the husband and his accomplice.. what could it be and how will they cover up this crimes this time ....

Archived