[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@seungshinl specifically, the way he used the word would be like saying "Kim is more urban than I so I thought I should match up to her acting style"

JJM can't be real right.  He can't be true.  He's making all this stuff up to drive us crazy.  Drive the viewers to MLED.   It's a ploy.  I'm rational.  I'm more like KSR.

PS:  In the ELLE interview KSR admits her public personal is chic and modern due to her well know previous roles (e.g. Secret Garden).

@irilight :... Thank you for that lovely visual comparison of "The Dog of Flanders" and the cart scene in our drama!  How wonderfully clever is the Imagination of this Writer? (p.160)

And @sooyoungdaebak, I really like the way you've connected the dots. (p.160)

I can see Choi swerving the car to either avoid hitting her himself or to prevent the truck from hitting her.  And if the Step-Dad was the "spy" watching Eun Ho and Eun Dong on the bridge, then he was in perfect position to "fill-in-the-blanks" with information that Choi didn't know and that Eun Dong didn't remember!   Since he was a witness to the accident, he may have gone to the ER. He may have then come up with the marriage scheme when he learned of Choi's paralysis!

ED adoptive dad referred to Ra-Il as the key when JH told him about HS recognizing ED and insinuating that HS is the third wheel in the relationship between ED and JH.

I hope JH is not planning to be really evil when he uses Ra-Il as a tool to keep ED stay by his side, I wonder if he would do something so low as to make Ra-Il purposely hate HS by telling the kid that HS is the person trying to break up their family thereby scarring the kid and making him misunderstand the sequence of things between the three of them(JH,HS and ED). 

EPISODE 9 TEXT PREVIEW

‘우리 가보자, 누구 하나 죽을때까지’ 

'Let's go together, until one of us dies'

은호(주진모 분)와 정은(김사랑 분)은 둘만의 추억의 장소에서 행복한 시간을 보낸다. 

Eunho and Jung Eun enjoy a happy time together at the place memorable to both of them.
은호가 준비한 깜짝 선물에 정은은 기억에 한발자국 더 다가선다. 

Through Eun Ho's surprise present, Jung Eun gets one step closer to her memory
재호(김태훈 분)는 정은을 바래다주는 은호를 보게 되고… 

Jae Ho sees Eun Ho dropping Jung Eun off...
한편, 현아(김윤서 분) 가족과 소풍에 나서는 정은에게 은호가 보고싶다며 전화를 걸어오고, 

On another note, Eun ho calls Jung Eun after saying he misses her while she is on a family trip with Hyun Ah's family, 
정은은 참을 수 없이 은호에게 향한다. 은호는 정은을 데리고 별장으로 향하는데…! 

Jung Eun can't hold back and goes towards Eun Ho. Eun Ho takes Jung Eun to a villa...!
기억을 찾은 정은의 본격적인 갈등이 시작된다. 

For a Jung Eun who has found her memory, a real conflict starts.

These are fighting words I wonder who said that to whom and what it means.  

Let's go together?  Let's go there?

Until one of us dies.

Once again, Korean language/people speaking about dying and death in their conversations.  They use those words way too easily, even if they feel the situation is warranted.  I find western conversations do not include death and dying as often.  Unless it's talking about the term specifically.

I find this the most interesting part of this Written Preview.  I guess we have to wait for the Video Preview or the actual episodes.  

In the slow motion of the accident it looks like there could be another person in the car or there's something on the headrest, it's really hard to tell.

If she was just going to get a towel I just assumed there was a place in the botanic gardens/park where you could buy a towel.  The street where the accident happened didn't look like it had a lot around it, not like a city scene with lots of shops. It would also be strange for them to say he swerved to protect her rather than he put him and his car in between her an the truck to save her, there would be no reason to lie about that when the end result was the same, why lie about the method of heroics if it's true.

@seungshinl Oh wow! You are right! I didn't noticed she wrote her answers! Isn't she so cool? I know I won't print out and hand written my answers. I find ppl that do that in this technology era, so cool.

One more to spazz, her favorite movie is Comrades: A love story. Her friend said she looked like Maggie Cheung while he said he's more like Leon Lai's personality in the movie. Aishhh...these two! Their answers without their knowledge seems to intertwined well with each other! They must have planned their answers, right? Like you said, it can't be real... ;)  *in delulu mode. 

@seungshinl Oh wow! You are right! I didn't noticed she wrote her answers! Isn't she so cool? I know I won't print out and hand written my answers. I find ppl that do that in this technology era, so cool.

One more to spazz, her favorite movie is Comrades: A love story. Her friend said she looked like Maggie Cheung while he said he's more like Leon Lai's personality in the movie. Aishhh...these two! Their answers without their knowledge seems to intertwined well with each other! They must have planned their answers, right? Like you said, it can't be real... ;)  *in delulu mode. 

It's Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang who are fated not Ji Eun Ho and Ji Eun Dong.  My Love Eun Dong is just the fated vehicle to carry them to their destiny..  

Honestly I laugh off at fans shipping OTP couples to be real life couples.  For one I assume most actors are probably very different from the roles they are assigned to play in many varied ways.

As much as I loved SLA and the drama dragged me to the Soompi world never to be recovered from, I did not ship the couple per se, I loved the whole package, the acting, the writing the directing.  

This is the first time I really like the couple.... a lot... as much as the roles they are assigned to play..and they are at the age where they should look at who's right underneath their noses.

EPISODE 9 TEXT PREVIEW

‘우리 가보자, 누구 하나 죽을때까지’ 

'Let's go together, until one of us dies'

은호(주진모 분)와 정은(김사랑 분)은 둘만의 추억의 장소에서 행복한 시간을 보낸다. 

Eunho and Jung Eun enjoy a happy time together at the place memorable to both of them.
은호가 준비한 깜짝 선물에 정은은 기억에 한발자국 더 다가선다. 

Through Eun Ho's surprise present, Jung Eun gets one step closer to her memory
재호(김태훈 분)는 정은을 바래다주는 은호를 보게 되고… 

Jae Ho sees Eun Ho dropping Jung Eun off...
한편, 현아(김윤서 분) 가족과 소풍에 나서는 정은에게 은호가 보고싶다며 전화를 걸어오고, 

On another note, Eun ho calls Jung Eun after saying he misses her while she is on a family trip with Hyun Ah's family, 
정은은 참을 수 없이 은호에게 향한다. 은호는 정은을 데리고 별장으로 향하는데…! 

Jung Eun can't hold back and goes towards Eun Ho. Eun Ho takes Jung Eun to a villa...!
기억을 찾은 정은의 본격적인 갈등이 시작된다. 

For a Jung Eun who has found her memory, a real conflict starts.

These are fighting words I wonder who said that to whom and what it means.  

Let's go together?  Let's go there?

Until one of us dies.

Once again, Korean language/people speaking about dying and death in their conversations.  They use those words way too easily, even if they feel the situation is warranted.  I find western conversations do not include death and dying as often.  Unless it's talking about the term specifically.

I find this the most interesting part of this Written Preview.  I guess we have to wait for the Video Preview or the actual episodes.  

Hello, first of all thanks for all your translations :) 

I just want to say that some western language can use the word "dying" or to dye, or to kill easily (metaphorically to express more than "too much"). In the Portuguese language, at least in Brazil my country, we use that very easily - maybe not so easily as in Korea. Such as: I'm dying of love, I'm missing you (or something) to death; I'm hungry to death, I'm dying of sleep, I'm tired to deah, this makes me laugh to death, and so on. I'm sorry if this is off topic, but I just would like to exchange some crossculture experience :)

@mdj101 To me, her stepdad is such a jerk. He used people for his own benefits.

I believed Choi's family is wealthy, that is why they sent him to America for medical treatments and Ra Il grew up in the US too. They had to come back because his family couldn't afford his medical treatments anymore. He was a famous baseball player so I can see why his family wants the best treatment for him. They want him to be able to walk and play again. 

Choi's mom talked about this (financial) issue with ED on ep 4. She said her family had spent so much money (on them). Why isn't her family contributing too? Her son is in this situation cos he was saving her. Now if Choi was indeed trying to save ED from getting hit, I feel really sorry for him and his family. The mastermind behind all these ploys is none other than her jerk stepdad. 

Choi said to ED, I'm sorry for loving you. He is selfish for not telling her the truth when she asked for it. I don't think he ever thought she could regain her memory months after they came back. I hope he will be the one to tell her what happened at the accident. And I would hate it if he made Ra Il choose the dads. Let's don't do that kinda makjang, writernim, ok? 

One pointer: I find it interesting that ED has a picture of her and Ra Il on her laptop background. Without Choi. 

@seungshinl specifically, the way he used the word would be like saying "Kim is more urban than I so I thought I should match up to her acting style"

so are we to assume JJM is not urban or not as urban?  Scratching my head...how urban does one have to be to be KSR urban? JJM is not exactly country is he?  But he had to make adjustment to partner with KSR?  

I am feeling ancient or very un-urban.  Time to go golfing and get off this crazy board!

@lorac, still working on the post to respond to your question.  Hopefully much later tonight.

Something I just noticed ---- while staring at the pages of Korean writing in the pictures posted  on p/163 by @lucy13880, there is something hand written in English :  "When I first kissed you".   I haven't read the translation yet, but I

I'm curious about the fact that it even is hand written in  English and  why so ?     Kicking myself for NOT seeing it sooner!

Now I have another question. Can someone remind me where Eun Ho's parents home is located?  Where is the location that Eun Ho wants them to buy the second house?  What is "one hour's drive away from Which?    I'm beginning to suffer from "information overload", so many bits of information being unearthed and examined here.  :P  I love it, but it makes my head spin!

BTW, are you sure these pics come from Instyle and Sure? Looks like it's from TOC (JTBC magazine)..

@salijoo TBH, I can't be sure of everything I post lately because I've already gone crazy - it's all writernim/OTP's fault :crazy: :lol:

@salijoo I think I've regained my sanity a little now...hehe. And you've piqued my curiosity...

To answer your question seriously, JTBC Cable+JTBC TOC+InStyle+Sure+Elle are all under one big umbrella by the name of JoongAng. JoongAng Media Network is the majority shareholder of JTBC Cable; Hearst-JoongAng JV publishes ELLE Korea; Joins' Jcontentree mnbMagazine publishes SURE Korea and InSTYLE Korea; JOINS is JoongAng's internet services portal and JOINS publishes JTBC TOC(TV on Culture,Trend on Culture). Even CPnim Song is covered - his blog is on fivecard.joins.com. 

JoongAng surely knows how to get some pretty big bang for their buck.:w00t:

EunDong chose Hyun Soo from the very first time she saw him... question here is when exactly was this first time? Was it really that time of the motorbike accident?

And I confirm it again, she was orbiting around him all that time before their second encounter. I wouldn't be surprised, that the scene where she won some sort of contest (flowers and trophee); shows that she may have submitted an essay of some sort, where the "Some Smile" drama was based of. Also, in her 20s, she said she had been in touch with HS' manager (Hyun Bal) - that's why he was so certain of her love for him - Maybe together, they made it happen that Hyun Soo would get the offer to take over Lee Heok So's role... I'm just speculating here... but maybe, just maybe; if that theory of her being the writer of Some Smile is true, she pulled some strings through Hyun Bal to get Hyun Soo audition for the second lead's part. He sucked at acting, and he had that major screw up, that's why he enrolled in his Military Service... it doesn't make sense that they would offer a second lead role to such a crappy actor...

Who would have thought that such infamous accident was going to happen and interrupt the flow of Eun Dong's plan.

Just like Hyun Soo wanted to protect Eun Dong when little, also Eun Dong wanted to make a better person out of Hyun Soo...

Was her silent pinky promise at 13 "I promise to always be by your side Oppa"... :wub:

This is so old school freakin' romantic!!!!!!!!!!!

@sooyoungdaebak, hah! It does help like what I've read from some knetz they said that JJM is like Hyunsoo in real life and KSR is really like Eundong. Here we have two actors playing characters close to their personnality, they're both at the age of getting married and their way of thinking is exactly like their characters and as we already know their chemistry is explosive on screen. Ah, this couple.

*ready for some real skinship*

I love @iliright's comparaison with Dog of Flandres too! This writer is really detailed.

OMG.... How exciting to know that a blogger on the scene has kindly  shared this "You Are There"   same day/time look into the Real-Time filming of the drama!   Wish I could thank the Blogger personally!  Never had this experience before!   Just the thought of people around the world enjoying this happy experience together is a thrill.   :wub:

CPnim Song's 8th journal entry:

To think of Joo Jin Mo as the actor who meets the above two conditions is not difficult. That's because I have seen Joo Jin Mo drinking with friends, and when he gets tipsy, he shows a sparkling bright side of him that he normally doesn't. Unlike those actors who overly managed and controlled their social behavior and don't show their inner feelings, at that time, Joo Jin Mo was jovial with bright smiles, showing he is really having a joyful good time. When I think of his look at that time - those chingus who are already hooked on 'My Love Eun Dong' will understand clearly  -I am convinced that the way Eun Ho looks when he bickers with Dong Gyu, is exactly how Joo Jin Mo is.

That's exactly how CPnim  sees JJM - as Eun Ho, or is it vice versa LOL

All the talk about KSR and JJM, they are MLED personified! Hurry up and get electrified already! Or perhaps they are already secretly dating?:P

Guest lorac

Although it is sort of off topic, some may find this of interest. Think of it as the roots of inspiration for MLED. Although... I'd never want Hyun Su and Eun Dong's story to be that depressing. Maggie Cheung's description of her character in part 1 is a fitting explanation of Eun Dong's character. (Ah, the golden age of Hong Kong cinema.)

http://thefilmstage.com/news/watch-30-minute-documentary-chronicles-production-of-in-the-mood-for-love/

And @stclaus, when you said this drama is "so old school freakin' romantic" are we not pretty much calling it an "analogue style drama", an old-fashion love story, as they were done in "the golden age of movies" in the USA and in Britain,  for example?  When to know what time it was you checked  a clock, or your watch, and "read the time" by calculating  the position of the pointing "hands" and the numerals on the "face" of the clock?   Slower paced times,  less complicated age, etc.

EDIT:... Love your ideas about the practical, realist  10s and 20s Eun Dong's careful planning to make things better for Hyun Soo, while planning for the marriage and "true love" of his dreams and her instant attraction to a person who innate value and goodness moved her heat!   Such a pairing of Dreamer/Idealist with his perfect fated life partner, the Strategist/ Realist, Eun Dong.     But didn/t the "best laid plans" just have to go astray?  Darn it.    :(

Another thing I recalled reading was something JJW said how he was once so naive, impulsive in love relationships, that he cancelled  filming in an "away location " overseas to fly back in response to see a girl friend, when her urgent need to see him was because "I missed you"!    Sounds a lot like Eun Ho/Hyun So, doesn't it?

Archived