[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Guest Zaisy01
Maybe upset was too strong of a word.  Its more of a frustration, I empathize too much with this work of fiction.  As I'm jumping and squirming and yelling while I'm watching my sister says to me"Is it that serious, are you that invested?  Its just a show!" The main OTP resonates so strongly to me though.  I spend sunday to thursday watching the repeats and friday and saturday watching raw on asian drama then with subs on Viki.  

So while I'm happy to be able to relate and connect with the characters (and their oh too good acting with such raw emotions) which makes watching SO enjoyable it still is a work of fiction.  One that  is consuming my life because of that fact.

Hope this better explains.

I understand now. I act like that too at home lol. My family is used to my Eun Dong craze :lol:

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest i.said.hi

Saw this in MLED DC gallery...

My Love Eun Dong - Daum Cafe begins a Speculative Demand Survey for MLED DVDs. For those who would like to own a set or are thinking of purchasing a set, please take part in the survey. Thanks. FYI :) 

-----------

http://i.imgur.com/0sQJr3r.png

You guys just have to create a daum account to do this, which is pretty easy! You don't need to join this cafe, but you just need an account to comment/ write your answer!

As it says in the instructions, click either the "overseas preliminary survey (DVD) or (blue-ray)," one or the other depending on if you want regular dvd or blue-ray, and then fill out the question that it asks (Name, Country, and quantity). MAKE SURE TO LOCK THE POST AT THE BOTTOM WHERE THERE'S A LOCK IMAGE. JUST CLICK THAT! And there you go!

This isn't a guaranteed thing, but it's trying to see how many people are interested in purchasing the DVD so that they can send it to the production crew and perhaps actually have some limited edition dvds produced. So it's very important that everyone participates! Thanks :)

Back in the 10s courtroom scene, Hyun Soo knows no one is on his side. He did wrong and he was ready for the outcome. Then came a little voice that said Oppa didn't do anything wrong. And he saw this little angel came to his rescue. She's the only one on his side. 

In the 30s Hyun Soo, he told his sister he wasn't expecting anyone on his side anyway. He feels alone fighting for his love, his Eun Dong. But I think he will be really surprise when he sees his manager, his trash friend, his sister, Mi Soon, his reporter friend on his side.

Good always triumps over evil. True love always win. 

hear hear!

@valsava,

As someone else mentioned with the tone the writer has set  I don't think the puzzle pieces will be so deep. One man's obsession and lies changed the course of a woman and man's life and destroyed their happiness. 

As for the father he's a stubborn man and doesn't want to believe his judgement was wrong. He trusted and believed in the wrong man and made a fool of and can't bring himself to admit he was wrong. The mistake he made and with his help ED has been living a life of guilt for 10 years. 

@awsparkle,  I'm wondering just what was written on the last 5 pages of that book that made adopted mom open her eyes hopefully the writer will have it that we could hear EH and EH reading it together... 

Amazing you notice those things @valsava, awesome. 

From what the mother said I don't believe there is significance to 'the 5 pages' per se.  I will have to check but I thought she said 'first 5 pages'.  Regardless, the first 5 or the last 5 or just any 5 pages I don't think that matters.  What she was trying to do is to get the husband to read the darn book and if he did he will get 'the story.'

Sort of like when you are trying to get someone to try a new dish.  And you tell them, 'just try one bite.'  You don't have to eat the whole dish.  Just one bite, one spoonful, one scoop and you will get the taste of it.  So this was her way of getting him to take a look at the book, any bit of it, the 5 pages being akin to a bite.

I may be wrong but this is how I understood it, not that there was a particular significance to those 5 pages.

I share the opinion with those who believe that ED's adoptive parents did know that the baby was not JH's:

She told them both "I do not love him" Why would they imagine that she would have slept with JH if she didn't love him.  I'm not even sure that they were actually even dating, just that he liked her and her dad wanted them to date.  I also think they knew HS was the person she loved and was dating.  They showed her father checking her room at night and seeing that she wasn't there.  They would not have showed that if the intention was for the audience to believe he had no knowledge that she spent the night out with someone else.  If they honestly believed that Ra ll was JH's the mom would not have said what they committed a huge wrong. She said they erased her memories (I'm sure they used the word figuratively, as in they lied to her and made sure she wasn't exposed to surroundings that might trigger her memory). In my opinion what she was referring to is the made up love story, marriage, and who the father of Ra ll was.

I also share the opinion that her memory loss was the result of the accident.  A blow to the head can cause this type of memory loss.  Though not common it is not unheard of. There was actually a movie called The Vow where a woman lost her memory in an accident and her husband worked to make her fall in love with him again. It is based on the real life story of couple Kim and Krickitt Carpenter.  Though I didn't see the movie I would imagine the doctor didn't suggest taking her away from anything that was familiar. I don't think anything in the drama so far would indicate something as out there as them doing something to cause the memory loss, just that they took advantage of the amnesia.

Her adoptive father is being combative because he's sports minded like JH and thinks the best defense is a good offense. He attacks first to try and destroy any chance HS has in attacking.  That's what the Eclipse event was.  JH attacking first.  The father talking with the reporter is another example, but I think they are both playing with fire and will be burned in the long run.

I've placed trust in the writer to keep the script tight and to not let those who've committed such a horrible wrong win in the end or have an end without a clear resolution.

@awsparkle,  I'm wondering just what was written on the last 5 pages of that book that made adopted mom open her eyes hopefully the writer will have it that we could hear EH and EH reading it together... 

From what the mother said I don't believe there is significance to 'the 5 pages' per se.  I will have to check but I thought she said 'first 5 pages'.  Regardless, the first 5 or the last 5 or just any 5 pages I don't think that matters.  What she was trying to do is to get the husband to read the darn book and if he did he will get 'the story.'

Sort of like when you are trying to get someone to try a new dish.  And you tell them, 'just try one bite.'  You don't have to eat the whole dish.  Just one bite, one spoonful, one scoop and you will get the taste of it.  So this was her way of getting him to take a look at the book, any bit of it, the 5 pages being akin to a bite.

I may be wrong but this is how I understood it, not that there was a particular significance to those 5 pages.

@seungshin,  You could be right mom just wanting him to read the book but I thought it was something really specific because of her saying to read the last 5 pages because I thought it would prove how adopted dad blindly believe JH and those pages will tell that JH lied about all of it everything and it really did change the course of the fated lovers lives..

I'm re-watching episode 6 and it's so heartbreaking to see Eh crying like that when he see her this scene still makes me cry..     

I'm share the opinion with those who believe that ED's adoptive parents did know that the baby was not JH's:

She told them both "I do not love him" Why would they imagine that she would have slept with JH if she didn't love him.  I'm not even sure that they were actually even dating, just that he liked her and her dad wanted them to date.  I also think they knew HS was the person she loved and she dating.  They showed her father checking her room at night and seeing that she wasn't there.  They would not have showed that if the intention was for the audience to believe he had no knowledge that she spent the night out with someone else.  If they honestly believed that Ra ll was JH's the mom would not have said what they committed a huge wrong. She said they erased her memories (I'm sure they used the word figuratively, as in they lied to her and made sure she wasn't exposed to surroundings that might trigger her memory). In my opinion what she was referring to is the made up love story, marriage, and who the father of Ra ll was.

I also share the opinion that her memory loss was the result of the accident.  A blow to the head can cause this type of memory loss.  Though not common it is not unheard of. There was actually a movie called The Vow where a woman lost her memory in an accident and her husband worked to make her fall in love with him again.it is based on the real life story of couple Kim and Krickitt Carpenter.  Though I didn't see the movie I would imagine the doctor didn't suggest taking her away from anything that was familiar. I don't think anything in the drama so far would indicate something as out there as them doing something to cause the memory loss, just that they took advantage of the amnesia.

Her adoptive father is being combative because he's sports minded like JH and thinks the best defense is a good offense. He attacks first to try and destroy any chance HS has in attacking.  That's what the Eclipse event was.  JH attacking first.  The father talking with the reporter is another example, but I think they are both playing with fire and will be burned in the long run.

I've placed trust in the writer to keep the script tight and to not let those who've committed such a horrible wrong win in the end or have an end without a clear resolution.

@thegoldbug,  Such a praiseworthy post to bad we don't have those things anymore.. I'm the very first one to say they knew the baby wasn't JH.. I think adopted dad wants to stir up a big noise about the book being a lie in case JH parents or some family member read it an later on if a connection is made to ED/JE being ED he can tell them it's not true and the actor is trying to get more popularity.. 

From the looks of things of the preview SR has't been able to talk or have any kind of contact with EH and this is running he nuts and wants to shake his roots.. ED is EH roots so do this mean she will try and harm her and JH may go alone with it because he knows ED memories are coming back and she is withdrawing herself from him..  SR is capable enough to try and kill ED once in for all thinking that ED is really out of the universe she will have the man she wants.. And JH will still be spiteful a keep RA II thinking no one else would know about the boy..  JH is the spiteful type to raise RA II as a tool of revenge pitting son against father evil jerk..      

For those of you who communicate in Chinese and in Chinese Media, someone on DC Inside is wanting to find someone who can promote the interest for MYED DVD on Weibo and other (Chinese language social media I assume) to attract Chinese fans.  http://gall.dcinside.com/board/view/?id=fashion70&no=41635&page=1

This is the photo they have been posting all over DC Inside without any other info on where they can be contacted.  But at any rate here it is.

I've read the link post but what do they want Chinese fans to do? To post something in DC or what? C-netizens can not ask for MLE DVD in Chinese forums I think.

@seungshin @lucy13880 As usual, the c-nets are pretty quick-footed. They're already on a roll ..hehe

Take part in the MLED DVD survey - MLED Baidu - http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3861276210?fr=frs
How to register at Daum to participate in survey - JJM Baidu - http://tieba.baidu.com/p/3861412290

Out of curiosity, is this drama popular in China? I remembered My Love From The Stars was so popular there. Since MLED is a really good drama, I wonder if China would show a lot of interest in this drama as MLFTS. 

Of course this drama will go popular there If you go a couple of pages back Jadecloud and I both made comments about how well this kind of drama will be received there,international period who don't love a good simple love story nothing complicated about it but time and the dark forces that separates them and that red string that both hold onto keeps bringing thie back to each other arms.. I call this drama simplicity at it's best even though with my wild imagination tend to over analyze things and think outside the box but no matter this story nothing really complicated easy to follow and that what we international fans love we can relate even with the language barrier..

OK everyone I have a question don't know if it was mentioned or talk about..

Did SR figure out that maybe ED son is PHS..? Because she told DM president to make EH believe ED was cheating on him so he wouldn't start to think if the baby was his.. But he has been friends longer with EH and he also knew  how these two were in love why wouldn't he think of the child being EH or even questioning it himself.. What do he gain out of betraying EH like this and not thinking about the Son EH may know he have,,

Onto the next upcoming episode,  How many of you think ED will put it together that RA II her son is her and EH love child I think this is the reason she calls him not only because she misses him but the baby who thinks the vile man is his dad..             

@valsava I does believe SR does at least think there's a high probability that Ra ll is HS's son.  She's been one step ahead of him on the reveals (ghost writer being ED, accident, amnesia, etc...) since the beginning.  She wanted his friend to put it out there first to plant the seed that it was JH's child.

With her memories back I don't think there's a way she can't know Ra ll's father is EH's

Definitely would be a crime if this body of his was not well utilised! 

[Sexy JJM pic deleted]

Credit: Tumblr

This is what I had in mind but but the insert URL feature didn't work for me: 

http://omonatheydidnt.livejournal.com/4290993.html?thread=457186225

Damnnnnnn! ;)

Though chingu you can't copy website URL, you have to copy URL of the actual image so that "insert image from URL" actually works. :D

OK everyone I have a question don't know if it was mentioned or talk about..

Did SR figure out that maybe ED son is PHS..? Because she told DM president to make EH believe ED was cheating on him so he wouldn't start to think if the baby was his.. But he has been friends longer with EH and he also knew  how these two were in love why wouldn't he think of the child being EH or even questioning it himself.. What do he gain out of betraying EH like this and not thinking about the Son EH may know he have,,

Onto the next upcoming episode,  How many of you think ED will put it together that RA II her son is her and EH love child I think this is the reason she calls him not only because she misses him but the baby who thinks the vile man is his dad..             

I don't think it ever occurred to SR that the child is EH's, she's that self absorbed; if he wouldn't have sex with her, he would never have sex with anyone.

@valsava I does believe SR does at least think there's a high probability that Ra ll is HS's son.  She's been one step ahead of him on the reveals (ghost writer being ED, accident, amnesia, etc...) since the beginning.  She wanted his friend to put it out there first to plant the seed that it was JH's child.

With her memories back I don't think there's a way she can't know Ra ll's father is EH's

@thegoldbug,  It's killing me wanting to know how would she handle all of this.. Will she leave JH but yet let his parents believe that he's still JH son will she be sympathetic towards them for they son lies.. I just can't see her staying with JH after all of this..    

This thread is stealing my time... but, it's not your fault, I keep on coming back, every single day, and see what's up. I can't say no to myself...

Boy, you've discussed a lot of things while I wasn't here...

ED - Amnesia, 10 year memory loss. The writer told us, ED hurt her frontal lobe or whatever, this caused the amnesia. I just go along with it. Is 10 years too long to not remember anything? I'm sure that during these 10 years she may have had some flashbacks; but the constant repetition of the fake story, would make her think it was just her imagination. Also, as a side note, I was put once under a general anaesthetic for a medical procedure, that was 11 years ago. There are things from my past, prior to that moment, that are just completely erased from my mind. I just can't remember them. I talked to my doctor, and she said that sometimes a general anaesthetic does this to some people, it alters/damages (I may be using the wrong terminology here, sorry) some area of the brain where memories are kept. ED had just gone through a very traumatic experience. She got hurt. She had to go through surgery. We don't know the details during her pregnancy and her labour. Based on my personal experience, I think this 10 year memory loss issue is very realistic. I don't think "outside" interference (electric shocks, mental hospital) was needed to make this happen.

And about the preview showing step dad contacting the reporter. Just as SR-Choi plan; this is also just going to backfire. It's a very stupid move from his part. 

I think the step parents don't know Ra Il is not Choi's son. Step dad wouldn't have told Choi to hold onto Ra Il and that he was the link that would keep their family unit together. Instead of saying that, if he'd known Ra Il was not Choi's son, at that moment, they would have cooked up something together to defend their position. I don't think ED ever told her step dad, she was in love with another man. She was too afraid of him to tell her such news. That's why, when ED is writing the autobiography, she mentions that ED loved HS more than he thinks, so much that she was willing to break up with her boyfriend  - her own words -. So, even with the honeymoon trip and all, she had not officially, (meaning in front of her parents), broke up with her boyfriend yet. Therefore, she had not told the news to her step dad yet. I'm sure that Choi was aware of her affair, he probably told step dad ED was seeing someone else, therefore, that night she was missing from her room, he was very upset; because she disobeyed him and was being "bad" towards her "official" boyfriend Choi.

OK I have to stop, go back to real life, and cook some dinner for my family.

I agree, I think this is insignificant. She could as well have said "Read any five pages". I think it was just an emphasis on "just read the damn book and you'll agree".

Out of curiosity, is this drama popular in China? I remembered My Love From The Stars was so popular there. Since MLED is a really good drama, I wonder if China would show a lot of interest in this drama as MLFTS. 

@songyongdaebak, it appears that 'MLED' is proving to be popular in China.

In one of the articles that were posted here for translation (by somebody :) ) it had a quote that speaks specifically to that very point:

지난 6월말부터 방영 중인 주진모 김사랑 주연의 ‘사랑하는 은동아’는 시청률은 평균수준인 1-2%대지만 시청자 반응이 좋다. 네이버N스토어 방송콘텐츠 스트리밍 다운로드 종합 1위에 오른 바 있고, 중국의 포털사이트 소후닷컴 한국드라마 순위소개 코너에서도 당당히 1위에 올라 화제가 됐다.

Translation:

While the ratings for 'MLED' which started airing at the end of June starring Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang has stayed between 1-2% range the response from the viewers have been good.  It has ranked #1 among all of the contents downloaded on Naver NStore (live streaming).'  On the China' porter site Sohu.com, it made news by being #1 most watched Korean drama.     

PS: It doesn't say when and for how long but 'MYED' appears to be popular in China.

All the articles posted spoke a little about 'MLED' being well received as a 'well-made' drama and having loyal followers, it's just not showing in the ratings.

http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view.html?ar_id=NISX20150630_0013761056&cID=10601&pID=10600

@songyongdaebak, it appears that 'MLED' is proving to be popular in China.

In one of the articles that were posted here for translation (by somebody :) ) it had a quote that speaks specifically to that very point:

지난 6월말부터 방영 중인 주진모 김사랑 주연의 ‘사랑하는 은동아’는 시청률은 평균수준인 1-2%대지만 시청자 반응이 좋다. 네이버N스토어 방송콘텐츠 스트리밍 다운로드 종합 1위에 오른 바 있고, 중국의 포털사이트 소후닷컴 한국드라마 순위소개 코너에서도 당당히 1위에 올라 화제가 됐다.

Translation:

While the ratings for 'MLED' which started airing at the end of June starring Joo Jin Mo and Kim Sa Rang has stayed between 1-2% range the response from the viewers have been good.  It has ranked #1 among all of the contents downloaded on Naver NStore (live streaming).'  On China' porter site Sohu.com, it made news by being #1 most watched Korean drama.     

PS: It doesn't say when and for how long but 'MYED' appears to be popular in China.

All the articles posted spoke a little about 'MLED' being well received as a 'well-made' drama and having loyal followers, it's just not showing in the ratings.

http://www.newsis.com/ar_detail/view.html?ar_id=NISX20150630_0013761056&cID=10601&pID=10600

@seungshin,  I read and article a few days ago talking about MLED is being the dark horse that nobody thought would be so well received..   

Pardon if my late responses caused any confusion. I'm still trying to catch up with all your wonderful insights/updates by backtracking ...^_^ (and at times couldn't resist responding...hehe)

I have just finished with a MLED marathon and the one remaining thought in my head is rather bloodthirsty.

"When is ED going to start standing up for herself with all the people who have lied and hurt her? When is she going to give it back in spades to the chief architect of her misbegotten life?"

The only man who has been honest to her, even though it cost him, is Eun Ho.  He laid his heart bare to her and she trampled it to a bleeding mess.  He has been steadfast, faithful and determined.  He has pursued her even when it hurts.  I wish for the writer to stop making her a victim of manipulation and give her courage to meet Eun Ho half-way now.  She knows everything after the letter triggered the recovery of her memory.  I wish for Eun Dong to become worthy of the love Eun Ho bears for her.

@klgirl,  Hi,  That's the big question will Eun Dong feel worthy of all this love that PHS/EH have for her until this day how can she return and give the same amount of love to him without feeling guilty for being with another man even if it wasn't at her own will how do ED and EH go back to the way they were and bring that anew..    

I have not...don't know if I will.  I've seen him partly in 200 lbs Beauty and I stopped midway because I wasn't that interested in the movie.  The other work that I've seen him in was Fashion 70s which I didn't really enjoy because of his leading lady.  Chun Jung-myung was the main reason I finished it.  So when I read about My Love Eun Dong, I was actually more intrigued by the plot and the teasers more than anything. 

Anyways,anyone else think that things will get messy soon.  Eun Dong finally gets back her memory but I honestly don't see them truly reuniting until much much later.  For one thing, in the eyes of the public, ED is JE and is a married woman.  JH has public's sympathy because of the event and his disability.  ED/JE is gonna look like she abandoned her child and disabled husband.  HS/EH will also look bad in the eyes of the public because he stole another man's wife.  It won't matter to the public that he has found Eun Dong.  All they will see is that he's a home wrecker. It's gonna be interesting how this will play out and how the writer will handle this.

@honeywell,  This is why I think ED should write her own version of the events between her and PHS /EH and ED /JE not leaving JH and adopted parents out.. This the only way the public won't buy JH sympathy act.. If the public need to be sympathetic it should be to ED and the child they stole to hold her in bondage just so JH could have her..    

Interesting points all. In my mind, I feel Eun Dong is of course as worthy as ever of Hyeon Soo's love, given what we have been shown. I do wonder if this question will pop up in Eun Dong's mind - am I worthy of Hyeon Soo oppa's love?

I'm not sure either, though my inkling tells me Eun Dong will not doubt her worth, and will not feel guilty of having been with Jae Ho because of the circumstance she was in. I think for a start, if that were so, Eun Dong would not have called Hyeon Soo late at night (preview of ep 11).

Rather, if her character development as writernim has shaped, is consistent, she will fight to hold on to Hyeon Soo oppa's love. And after their kiss and dream night together(ep 11...am dying to see how they love each other to death again...hehe), I've to believe that Eun Dong gets more motivated to get her own life back. She gotta start to kickazz!

If she truly has recovered her lost memories, she would and should know who is the bio dad of Ra Il, she should know who caused the accident, and she should get mad at Jae Ho for his lies and despicable behavior which robbed her(and oppa and son) of a decade of happiness. She should question the validity of the so-claimed marriage and how the wedding was carried out, if it was at all.  

But more important than the marriage matter and connecting all the dots, is the immediate removal of herself and Ra Il from that hxllhole of a home, and away from danger. Jae Ho, who ought to know he never had a hold of Eun Dong or her heart, can turn/have turned even more monstrous and cause both mom and son great harm. 

----------

From ep 11 preview. we see Eun Dong already starting to loathe Jae Ho. At the hosp bed, when Jae Ho tries to hold her hand, Eun Dong shakes it off. I hope this is just the beginning of her complete rejection of Jae Ho, including leaving him and that home. Eun Ho is so rich. Bet he has more than one property to his name. and so can offer a temp home for Eun Dong and Ra Il. Or better yet, stay with HA and MA.

u1DwZZp.jpg

jWzTR7k.jpg

A0pw6e0.jpg

Archived