[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

As I read the comments I get the feeling that some are new to JJM and his body of work. How many have gone back and watched his early films and dramas?

I'm a first timer. But I'll definitely check out others. Any suggestions?  I'm not really into sageuk... 

OT - Have you seen 200 Pound Beauty with Kim Ah Joong? That was a popular film and one that appeals to a wide range of audience type. Happy End (film) is from a long long time ago but if you wanta see skin, that's one of them to watch (he plays the 2nd lead). It got critical acclaim. I first saw him when he did Musa and he barely registered to me at the time. That's a period film so probably not for you. A Love is pretty good (film) and Liar one (forgot the name) - I watched these only once and I don't remember them that well. Fashion 70s w/Lee Yo Won is good too (set in the 70s) and my favorite is Queen of the Game w/Lee Bo Young (it's not the best but I like it personally).

PS - I can't figure out how to fix these quoting function. It quoted all these extra quotes for no reason. Really random.

Back to MLED, it seems like the PD likes to integrate the different years together... but I'm hoping the kiss scene isn't broken up by a mesh up of 20s and 30s. I'm also quite curious as to how HS (assuming RI is his kid) first meets RI. Usually in kdramas - there's always an accidental-coincidental meeting prior to anyone knowing anything. But here, the two haven't met yet... at least as far as we know.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to sound incredibly dorky, but I don't really care how much of bang bang 2.0 we get to see. I just hope whatever we see is meaningful and captures the weight of the moment. Thie mutual acknowledgment of their love for each other is basically the moment ED and HS come back to life...

But all of the creative thinkers here are making me smile...

Thanks @junkietiger14 for the JJM suggestions...

June 28. 2015  

I feel so personally  overwhelmed by my own emotional responses  stirred up by  Episode 10.   While  dealing with sheer information overload from the previous episodes  and having  almost god-like knowledge of more facts than any single drama character has, I  am finding relief by obsessing over one small thing mentioned in the episode!   Exactly WHERE are those two women racing to for their 3D/2N  vacation  "the day after JH's  formal "Hope ---Eclipse Fund  Dinner" ?   (I'm not even going to be distracted by looking up definitions and symbolic meanings of the word, "eclipse" right now).  But I know it's NOT to "Jeboo Island", that's for sure.  I looked for that for a loooong time.

JAEDO ISLAND, within the city limits of Sacheon-si, Gyeongsangnam-do,  located in the South Sea, in the Sacheon Bay  across from Namhae Island, which is a much bigger island!   Jaedo is a quiet little fishing village, with some very pretty scenery, but without the "bright lights and excitement" of the larger Namhae  Island.

PLEASE BE PATIENT , THESE ARE MY FIRST SUCCESSFUL IMAGE POSTS!       ^_^     But OK to SKIP, I'll understand....SIGH.

YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN THE GIGANTIC  MAPS  MADE BEFORE I  SETTLED FOR THESE "LINKS".

Check out this map:  <a href="http://www.sacheon.go.kr/06about/03_03.asp">  Sacheon Island </a> ...Where the little flashing thing appears!

Check this one for a better view:   <a href="http://www.sacheon.go.kr/data/06/01_06_map_09.pdf">   OK. </a>  ...See the tiny island at the top of the green shaded area? That's it.

Best of all:.. <a href="http://www.sacheon.go.kr/data/06/01_06_map001_2013.jpg">  OK.  </a>  .... NOW, Please "CLICK" on the shaded green area and it will produce a larger, easy to read map --- and look for the smallest island, ot the top of the Green area. That's where the ladies are headed!   To a peaceful little  settlement on Jaedo Island..  

I've really become very fond of the place.  I could print a  road map with detailed driving directions now, if I had to, BUT everybody uses GPS now --- still safer to have a real Map in hand, I think.

There are several lighthouses studded around the Bay, of course.  I found a few red ones, including one that looked a lot like the one where JJW said ""Guess where I am now."   But it didn't have the white fence ans those stone things to prevent falling over the side!

Here are two pictures:.. <a href="http://www.panoramio.com/photo/67660565">  ... </a>  ... and this:.. <a href="http://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/lighthouse/kor2c/htm"> ... </a> ...

Now on this site, Sinsudo-ri, where that lighthouse stands, If you  move your cursor upward , past the bridge and near "Sacheon" on the right, then you can "Zoom In" all the was to the "+"   sign and with the "satellite" clicked instead of "map", you can actually see the houses on Jaedo Island!...   <a href="http://www.geographic.org/geographic_names/names.php?uni=1011444&fid=3456&=south_korea">    THE END.   </a>       

COMMENT:.. There MUST be an easier way. That's for some other day!  If those women do not go to THIS island.... I don't mind!  I've had a lot of fun learning lots of new things about South Korea.  And I am very fond of the South Jeolla area where Admiral Yi Sun Sin lived for all those years.   <a href="http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?676414-History-Admiral-Yi-Soon-Shin-Asia-s-Forgotten Champion"> .... </a>... But only "forgotten in most of the West.        :wub:    

EDIT:... Just replaced my "link" about the Battle of Sacheon (1592).   Hope that  "link" works!

I give up!  Just thought I learned a new "trick" and it's still not perfect.  Oh, well --- enough for now!      :P   I'm down, but not out!

I apologize that I haven't read all the comments yet - I'm about 5 pages behind. :) Good job gals/guys on providing all these insights and details!

I usually read backwards in the thread but the last few posts (on pg 200) were so intriguing, I had to write something first - fake or real marriage - register vs unregistered marriage? Very interesting points by everyone.

I think in all cases to get to the bottom of this, ED needs to throw her own weight around. She needs to confront these people who have done these things to her and demand the truth. She probably needs to do some background investigating on her own, which is where EH's money and connections might help. She can't just believe what they say anymore since nothing seems to be truthful. ED is one strong woman who knows what she wants. I hope she goes head to head with them and show them they can't push her around anymore. Even HS is putty in her hands. EH needs to catch wind of what SR has been doing to his woman. ED is not somebody that SR can treat like that. 

Maybe JH and SR should get together... aish! Who knows, that could be a match made in heaven if they actually gave themselves a chance instead of investing all of their efforts and time into tearing apart two other people. It's sickening. Life is so short and precious already. Why waste it like this... so what if they win? Will either ED or EH be happy apart from each other even if the charades JH and SR pull momentarily work? Why be miserable when one can be happy? It's just too bad.

Like everyone else, I hope the marriage turns out to be not legally valid.

@junkietiger14,  Hi,   First off I do agree with you ED needs to confront these people, But first she needs to put and atty on retainer have EH to get her a private investigator not have him do it but hire and asst to his road manager to do it that way SR flunky that follows EH around like a stalker or the president in his office don't find out and report back to SR about what they up to and she can also go and report to JH he needs to know his work is strictly confidential because it's the life of three people in his hands..  ED first priority is..  The atty will be able to tell her if she have any legal grounds here against the people that did this to her..  

1. Verify for sure if RA II is JH son (we all knows he not but it's best to have that ammunition ready in case they try to throw him in)

2. Verify if they marriage is really legal in Korea or the US (This is to prove how much of a liar thee people are)

3. Investigate the accident (find out was she really the reason for JH condition so the guilt trip won't work anymore)

4.Get her medical records (This is to learn of her condition when she first arrived and left what was her treatment plan and this time did they discovered her pregnancy)

5.Get EH sister to find a medical consultant, (This will help prove her memories could have recovered a lot sooner then 10 yrs)  And to help prove they sent her away just to keep her bondage..

6. Find out what adopted dad got from all of this verify his bank statements back then even if the team came up with some new uniforms all of a sudden she wants to know if a new bat was bought.. 

Also JH and SR would never work they are to much alike and everything they do have motive to it.. I find SR and JH really poor pathetic excuses for human beings.. SR goes to  man house in the middle of the night dressed all seductive only to be told that he wasn't going to sleep with her sad.. SMH JH so envious of another man love to the woman he wants he rather live as this man to have her.. Just mentally sick..       

@valsava - awesome!!! If this drama follows those kind of steps you laid out, I will be in awe of the writer-nim for sure. But for some reason, I have an inkling that is not what will happen in a kdrama. I would love it if ED hired an actually useful attoney (high power - one that serves the rich) and got these things done through proper channels. Although I'm certain the SR will start threatening people with her "power". I'm a little more pessimistic - if ED can at least exert her own opinion and stand up for herself, I will be very impressed already cause so far, they have trampled on her.

SR will probably then use her attoney to threaten EH's sister or something like that to put the pressure on EH. One thing is for sure, it's going to get really ugly before it can get pretty. Thank goodness ED and EH have each other.

Sure, it'd doubtful that SR and JH would work. But as EH says nothing is certain in life. And while opposites do attract, sometimes similar ones also do too. I'm just saying that the possibilities are endless for them. The fact that they have set their sights on people who do not love them means they are possibly overlooking someone who could be the one for them.

Also JH and SR would never work they are to much alike and everything they do have motive to it.. I find SR and JH really poor pathetic excuses for human beings.. SR goes to  man house in the middle of the night dressed all seductive only to be told that he wasn't going to sleep with her sad.. SMH JH so envious of another man love to the woman he wants he rather live as this man to have her.. Just mentally sick..       

I feel as though the character SR was written for a Thai drama, all we are missing is the shrieking. Yuck!! how many times does a man have to say "I don't want you". Doesn't EH tell her this in every conversation now. Then she throws a total richard simmons move and admits it to his face, "haha, I'm evil"....Really?

Gee, he doesn't love you, doesn't want to date you, won't have sex with you no matter how many ways you offer it, and this makes you confident enough to pull a stunt that an even an average man wouldn't  want to see you anymore? double yuck.

She missed her chance when he was drunk out of his mind....

The writer is painting a word picture with the team name CJH coaches for.

ECLIPSE- one of the meanings is, a loss of power, success, popularity, etc. To make something less important. (Isn't this a description of CJH to ED and HS)

Also can mean, to do or be much better than someone or something. (HS vs  JH)

Meaning EH/HS eclipses JH in every sense of the word.

When I saw that name for the team, I was thinking that was a pitiful one to choose.

ECLIPSE- one of the meanings is, a loss of power, success, popularity, etc. To make something less important. (Isn't this a description of CJH to ED and HS)

When I saw that name for the team, I was thinking that was a pitiful one to choose.

Reading this just now reminded me about all the stories built around about 'eclipse' in saguk.  @valsava is the resident expert of saguk so may be she can she a brighter light on it but traditional in Korean mythology 'eclipse' represents an end of now and beginning of something new.  Was this used in Queen Seon Doek or Moon Embracing the Sun?  Or some other saguk.

Years ago when people didn't have the science (i.e. Astronomy) to understand things especially about the universe, the eclipse when the moon covers the Sun and everything becoming dark until the moon passes by the Sun was a very very scary thing.  God's anger showing up sort of idea.  I could imagine this must have been the feeling for all humanity not just the ancient Koreans.  

So does the writer have another layer of meaning in using 'Eclipse' as the name of the team SR and JH are cooking up.  They will vanish in to the dark with this project and the world (of ED and EH) will begin a news.  Well, why not.

June 28, 2015  

@jadecloud : .... Thank you for the "shout out" to Kim Tae Hoon for doing such a fantastic job creating another villain "I love to hate".   Liked  his  evil Director in ANGRY MOM drama -- so sexy there! --- in a horrible, murderer sort of way!  That role made me curious about him.  I had read that he, like JJM & KSR, looked to MLED as an opportunity to present more aspects of his acting ability.   I hope the drama and film producers will see him in different light now and offer the more diverse roles he hopes to receive.

He and his brother are well respected and established actors.  Being the same age as JJM.   Kim Tae Hoon knows he has only a certain window of time to  the lead actor in a production.  I hope he is offered a great project soon. I can see him doing well.  :rolleyes:  NOTE:.. And I'm NOT EVEN his manager, either. Just really took notice of him in ANGRY MOM!   I'm holding off on watching him in HIDDEN IDENTITY for  now.  When I see his IMAGES in Wikipedia, he can look quite charming!

I totally agree with you about KTH as an actor.  He's doing an excellent job playing a villain with layers of nuance.  I also feel he acts out the physical expressions of a paraplegic in a believable manner.  How he has legs and a foot turned in in a way that makes them look like they have no muscle power.  How he acts out his hands when he is washing them to show its limited mobility.  And his eyes.  He's a worthy counterpart to JJM's acting skills with those eyes.

I've wondered more than once if the writer-nim expanded his role or moved it away from ED's father to him because he's playing his part so well.  Probably not but ED's father's role seems to be so unclearly written I have wondered if it has been re-written.

It takes all characters to be written and acted well to make a great drama fly and I believe all the supporting actors have no small role to play in making MYED so enjoyable.  

I'm sure that if SR had had a chance to sleep once with EH, they wouldn't have remained a couple. She only wants him, but not as a long life loved partner. I see her infatuation for him as a toy she must have, she will play with it for a few times and then move on. And I loved how EH caught on that early enough, I mean to tease her that way was awesome. Yes girl I've been looking at you, I've noticed how you've been noticing me; but all I want you to know is that your hotel's coffee sucks, hire another barista. This was super awesome. From day 1 he's been rejecting her straight on her face, and she still doesn't get it.

---

Even though ED is a strong willed woman, I don't see her taking the hiring an attorney route. She'll keep on investigating on her own, I think. Fate and Karma will take care of the rest. Choi will die, or will be jailed for kidnapping and enslaving a person. SR will be humiliated in public or by society. Hyun Bal will create his own talent agency and get together with that acting student/piano teacher.

You could be right here about the writer and the name of JH's team  Is the writer foreshadowing JH's future. 

An Eclipse

An occasion when the Sun (ED) looks like it is completely or partially covered with a dark circle because the Moon (JH) is between the Sun (ED) and the Earth (EH).

As we all know an Eclipse does not happen that often and only passes over. It doesn't remain long and and then it's over.   

Reading this just now reminded me about all the stories built around about 'eclipse' in saguk.  @valsava is the resident expert of saguk so may be she can she a brighter light on it but traditional in Korean mythology 'eclipse' represents an end of now and beginning of something new.  Was this used in Queen Seon Doek or Moon Embracing the Sun?  Or some other saguk.

Years ago when people didn't have the science (i.e. Astronomy) to understand things especially about the universe, the eclipse when the moon covers the Sun and everything becoming dark until the moon passes by the Sun was a very very scary thing.  God's anger showing up sort of idea.  I could imagine this must have been the feeling for all humanity not just the ancient Koreans.  

So does the writer have another layer of meaning in using 'Eclipse' as the name of the team SR and JH are cooking up.  They will vanish in to the dark with this project and the world (of ED and EH) will begin a news.  Well, why not.

@seungshinl,  The eclipse was also done in The Great King Sejong and in Jumong and your right it represent something new and if I'm not mistaken it should be in favorable of ED and EH.. The eclipse is the new light for our OTP because they both have been living in darkness for the past 10 years from all the evil forces that surrounds them.. Once they get a firm stance for each other and they son nothing will be able to stop them the evil forces will be driven out.. (In this case JH and SR adoptive parents even JH parents will be ridicule with shame and no place to hide there faces)  People will sympathized how could they do that to her she was already a poor orphan girl that these people used and abused and even used there love child.. The only safe heaven for her was her angle like man PHs whom she meet as a 13 yr old young girl who always look out for and loved nobody but her..  

I really want to see how this writer is going to use this eclipse..

6 hours ago, jdkk09_a5be said:

You could be right here about the writer and the name of JH's team  Is the writer foreshadowing JH's future. 

An Eclipse

An occasion when the Sun (ED) looks like it is completely or partially covered with a dark circle because theMoon (JH) is between the Sun (ED) and the Earth (EH).

As we all know an Eclipse does not happen that often and only passes over. It doesn't remain long and and then it's over.   

@awsparkle I like your narrative on this

June 28. 2015  

I feel so personally  overwhelmed by my own emotional responses  stirred up by  Episode 10.   While  dealing with sheer information overload from the previous episodes  and having  almost god-like knowledge of more facts than any single drama character has, I  am finding relief by obsessing over one small thing mentioned in the episode!   Exactly WHERE are those two women racing to for their 3D/2N  vacation  "the day after JH's  formal "Hope ---Eclipse Fund  Dinner" ?   (I'm not even going to be distracted by looking up definitions and symbolic meanings of the word, "eclipse" right now).  But I know it's NOT to "Jeboo Island", that's for sure.  I looked for that for a loooong time.                                                     

Well @mdj101 I am not sure you will be able to nail this down until the episode is finally aired next week since the facts the drama have shown so far are not so straightforward.

So far the is what we know.  MS said to ED, 'let's go to Jaeboo Do.'  You probably can't find anything on Jaeboo Do because there is nothing in English on it.  Nothing we can find on Google anyway.

I did a search in Korean and I found a small island called Jaeboo Do (제부도).

See the little marker on the only place not written in English on the map (far lower left)?  That is Jaeboo Do (제부도).  If you look at upper right hand corner of the map that is the City of Seoul.  This island is not very far from Seoul but it is a tiny little island with only about 700 people living on it as of 2004.

y2Cvd3r.png

In Episode 9 DG comes to see EH and says that filming in Jaeju Do has been cancelled due to a bad storm in Namhae (South Sea) and they are looking for an alternative location.  They were told to stand by for an update on it.  I don't remember if EH's team actually said they were going to Jaeboo Do but look at what I found in my search of Jaeboo Do in Korean?

Yup, this red lighthouse is on Jaeboo Do.  Looks awful lot like the one EH was standing in front of when he called ED.  He couldn't say where since JH answered ED's phone.  So we are left guessing.

HDkSeg6.png

Here is a link to the island in Korean and you will see more photos.

http://korean.visitkorea.or.kr/kor/inut/where/where_main_search.jsp?cid=125503

So based on what MS said, I take it at face value MS and ED are traveling to Jaeboo Do. Will Eun Ho end up there too at the same time MS and ED?  Will find out.  The drama could use Jaeboo Do as their reunion or turn it into Namhae the same place they went in their twenties or move to a total new location (to his villa?).

BTW This island is located in Yellow Sea (west of Korean Peninsula) so it may not be subject to the 'fictional' storm brewing in South Sea (south of the Korean Peninsula)?  They could also consider the west of the Peninsula but that's further away than Yellow Sea areas from Seoul.  So it could be that EH and his crew set their location there and MS and ED will conveniently join them there in EP 11.

Before ED's second dinner date with EH, she came across a large sum of money ($48000 USD) that DG couldn't believe she readily accepted just like that, i.e., a simple thank you. She went to Min Soo's hair salon and told the hair stylist she has money to spend. What I wanted to point out was that she cried, saying, "why can't I be attracted to Ji Eun Ho, I am a woman too!" That stuck in my mind for the longest time.

Aish! I am actually going to use that line for myself here in this thread. Feeling guilty my writing has been so "vanilla" compared to all the other exciting posts, references to ovaries, etc, I want to express myself, "why can't I write about the attraction of an opposite gender, I am a man too!" I want to say that Kim Sarang is very attractive. Since I left the Western shows with very explicit demonstrations of the human anatomy, I feel Eun Dong's slender arms are the most impressive to me. You see, being a male who loves sports and love doing labor, my arms are not feminine. I find it very exciting to look at a properly dressed woman with elegant shoulders and beautiful arms. During that second dinner date ED wanted to look sexy but she wore a white jacket and she didn't take it off all evening. It was only after she left EH's car, when she briefly fixed her long hair that I noticed she had a sleeveless shirt on. Talking about a missed opportunity for me. So this rain kiss to come out next week, she will have a sleeveless white shirt on in the rain, I have enjoyed all the still photos for that preview in this thread. Wow, Kim Sarang has really nice arms. Sorry, that is about as exciting a post I could write.

I think ED will come into her own riches if she writes her own book entitled my love Park Eun Hu I bet it will sale over a million copies with graphic details of her life from the very first time she meet PHS and got separated meet him again and what her intention was being the 9 tailed fox that seduce him wanting to get out of adopted parents home and forced to be with and live the fake married life to paralyzed man.. I bet this book would sale more copies then PHS and would make the best sellers list and also have a movie offer for it..       

@awsparkle hello chingu... Glad you caught on to MLED. Welcome! (I'm still playing catch-up myself)

@baloi @vvpal Haha. Thanks. You think some of us are good huh? We have barely begun :) *kidding* I think all you guys are awesome too. I enjoy reading all your insights/updates.:) Btw, @vvpal what do you want to know about the subbing process? I don't know much but PM me your specific question(s) and I'll be glad to chime in. 

@mdj101 I love Angry Mom too. I started to watch it not for KTH but for a couple others in the cast. I agree he did good there. But now, I think he's doing much better here, considering so many of us loathe Jae Ho. Anyway, I haven't completed that drama(1/2 way to go) and plan to continue after MLED.  

(Btw, I think you can 'practice' HERE - http://forums.soompi.com/en/topic/133871-icons-and-banners-practice/)

@seungshinl I love that ajumma's journal. It's cute. Her hubby is so sweet. He sounds like more of a JJM-fan than her. hehe. Thanks for the translation. Eundongers...To all who has a wonderful hubby like him, cheers to that wonderful person next to you. To those who are waiting for such a wonderful person to be next to you, just mingle and *pray* for a Hyeon Soo oppa to show up;)

----------

The marriage issue...I still doubt there's any validity to it, let alone it's existence. I believe it's all a manufactured sham which took advantage of Eun Dong's amnesia after the accident. If what stepmom said is true, that they married right after high school, that would be about 20-22 years old. That's pre-accident days. There's no way they can produce a marriage cert of that period, after the fact. Unless of course, the cert is also a fake.

So in that light, there's no adultery issue for them to deal with. As for moral issue, I can't see any either, if the marriage isn't valid in the first place. And all the more so since Eun Dong and Hyeon Soo have mutually loved each other since decades ago, and they even have a son, unknown to them now, but not for long since Eun Dong has conquered her demons and regained her lost memories. So, now that Eun Dong is Eun Dong. We'll find out soon as she starts to kickazz, with the help of Hyeon Soo.

Eun Dong, Hyeon Soo... Fighting!

But first, about Hyeon Soo running to Eun Dong after that phone call.... It's of utmost importance:angry:....we are talking about a fated pair of lovers, who loved each other to death, who have been separated for decades...how will they express their 'raw uncut' passion and 'deep Pacific Ocean' love for each other?  *courtesy of  @valsava @sooyoungdaebak (thank you guys for giving my chest some heavy exercisesuiPuRvl.gif)

PDnim and writernim, show us your absolute expertise and creativity. Better yet, make it a scene so good that it will break the record of all  k-records for 'good taste, creativity and visual appeal'. I/we promise NOT TO BLINK.:blink: :P

Archived