[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Episode 5 text preview

‘우리 만나요, 지금 당장’ 

'Let us meet, right now'

은호(주진모 분)는 정은(김사랑 분)이 은동이라는 의심을 가지고, 정은을 만나려고 한다. 

Sun Ho (Joo Jin Mo) wants to meet with Jung Eun (Kim Sarang) because he feels (suspicious) she is Eun Dong.

정은은 자신에게 다가오는 은호가 당황스럽기만 하고… 

Jung Eun is nervous (panics) about Eun Ho coming close to her...

드디어 출간된 <사랑하는 은동아>! 전국은 지은호의 애절한 사랑 이야기에 열광하지만 

<My Love Eun Dong>! is finally published and the whole nation 'falls into passion' with Ji Eun Ho's heart breaking love story 

서령(김유리)과 재호(김태훈), 정은과 은호를 둘러싼 인물들은 달갑지 않다. 

Seo Ryung (Kim Yoo Ri) and Jae Ho (Kim Tae Hoon), the people around Eun Ho and Jung Eun, are not happy with this.

한편, 은호와 만나기로 한 정은. 병원에서 재호가 위급하다는 전화를 받는데…! 

On other note,  Jung Eun, who has agreed to meet with Eun Ho,  receives a call from the hospital that Jae Ho is in critical condition...!

은호는 자신이 말하지도 않은 내용이 자서전에 실려있자 
정은이 은동이임을 확신하고 정은의 집으로 향하는데…! 

Eun Ho heads to Jung Eun's house after confirming she is Eun Dong from seeing the content in the book which he never told her...!

<사랑하는 은동아> 5회가 금요일 저녁 8시 40분에 방송됩니다. 많은 시청 바랍니다.

<My Love Eun Dong> 5th episode airs Friday at 8:40 pm.  We hope for lots of viewing.

​PS:  I like translating Korean into English and when I do I tend to do literal translation which, among other things, could result in awkward grammatical ordering of things, very flowery description of peoples places and situations and repetitive and run-on sentences (a beauty of Korean language that doesn't always do its justice in English).  I leave it to the readers to decide on the interpretation of the words.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Episode 5 text preview

‘우리 만나요, 지금 당장’ 

'Let us meet, right now'

Sun Ho (Joo Jin Mo) wants to meet with Jung Eun (Kim Sarang) because he feels (suspicious) she is Eun Dong.

<My Love Eun Dong>! is finally published and the whole nation 'falls into passion' with Ji Eun Ho's heart breaking love story 

Seo Ryung (Kim Yoo Ri) and Jae Ho (Kim Tae Hoon), the people around Eun Ho and Jung Eun, are not happy with this.

On other note,  Jung Eun, who has agreed to meet with Eun Ho,  receives a call from the hospital that Jae Ho is in critical condition...!

Eun Ho heads to Jung Eun's house after confirming she is Eun Dong from seeing the content in the book which he never told her...!

<My Love Eun Dong> 5th episode airs Friday at 8:40 pm.  We hope for lots of viewing.

​PS:  I like translating Korean into English and when I do I tend to do literal translation which, among other things, could result in awkward grammatical ordering of things, very flowery description of peoples places and situations and repetitive and run-on sentences (a beauty of Korean language that doesn't always do its justice in English).  I leave it to the readers to decide on the interpretation of the words.

​Thanks for the translation! :D

Guest meelis

Thank you very much for the translation, @seungshinl! It's beautiful anyhow and completely understandable! OMG, this episode will be exciting. But I guess the scene when Eun Ho sees Eun Dong from his car will be the cliffhanger for ep. 6.

Haha, @jei_em, I meant actually the opposite, I think that her marriage is absolutely legal, because her name officially is Seo Jung Eun ever since she was adopted, so according to my understanding there's no ground for claiming it null (from strictly legal POV, of course. Morally, it's all the way wrong and unjust, because she was robbed of her identity, she was robbed of her past and last but not least, she was robbed of her one and true love.) But we shall see, the situation might be even more complicated than this.

@lucy13880, thanks for the pics, with the two movie based teasers, now everytime I see them in a car, I expect to see a similar scene as in either In The Mood For Love or Tian Mi Mi.:)

Episode 5 text preview

‘우리 만나요, 지금 당장’ 

'Let us meet, right now'

​That's understandable and good! Thanks for the translation! :w00t:

Thank you very much for the translation, @seungshinl! It's beautiful anyhow and completely understandable! OMG, this episode will be exciting. But I guess the scene when Eun Ho sees Eun Dong from his car will be the cliffhanger for ep. 6.

​Maybe at the end of Ep. 5... Please not in Ep. 6! My heart will be broken lol.

​Well, this is the bridge we have to cross.  They find each other for the third time in Ep 5.  No doubt the reality of the situations will hit them like a ton of bricks (aka KDRAMA obstacle course).  I fear this will be especially heart wrenching for Eun Ho.  He will be knocked down by it then he will have to dust himself off and get up on his feet and fight for Eun Dong.  Hopefully she will join him in the fight.  He will help her find her memory and put the puzzles of her past together.

The end is obvious (or not?) it's the journey.  As long as the story moves at the same pace and feel, I am looking forward to seeing how it will all untangle.

I'm thinking it will be revealed, Eun Dong is not really married to Jae Ho and the son is not hers and that she never was in a conjugal relationship at all.  I don't know how but that's the writer's job to show.  :blink:

@valsava or yes you're right they used her pregnancy. Either way they used her.. legally married/or not. They changed her name, she became Choi Ho's wife. It would be so cruel if they won't give her the chance to be with the person she truly loved. Andd to know what really happened before that accident. She has every right to know about her own life. 

@thegoldbug yes, I've been thinking about that..she could probably not really be married. The marriage is not valid because she's no Jung Eun. And as @meelis said that's why Hyun Soo couldn't find her in the university because she's not using the name Eun Dong anymore. But she didn't tell him that..Now when she regains her memory is the chance to prove the marriage is null, because when she married (if she did), she used Seo Jung Eun which is not her real name which could make her marriage invalid, not just because she had amnesia. Because she is not Seo Jung Eun. She is Eun Dong..

There are so many questions and it makes the drama interesting.

​@jei_em,  If the kid is really PHS he can take his kid and it's nothing no one could do about it they had no rights making decision regarding his son life without his knowledge and Koreans are high on family linage.. All PHS has to do is take his son and she will follow..  I get frustrating just thinking of what these people did and brain washing her that she loved this man.. To me I don't see it in her it's more love of and idea but something is off with hubby and her..  I like to see her get pregnant again and let them try and clear that up saying it's husband..Maybe the baby will need some blood and they have no other choice but knowing these fools they may let the baby die.. SMH

Guest meelis

​Well, this is the bridge we have to cross.  They find each other for the third time in Ep 5.  No doubt the reality of the situations will hit them like a ton of bricks (aka KDRAMA obstacle course).  I fear this will be especially heart wrenching for Eun Ho.  He will be knocked down by it then he will have to dust himself off and get up on his feet and fight for Eun Dong.  Hopefully she will join him in the fight.  He will help her find her memory and put the puzzles of her past together.

The end is obvious (or not?) it's the journey.  As long as the story moves at the same pace and feel, I am looking forward to seeing how it will all untangle.

I'm thinking it will be revealed, Eun Dong is not really married to Jae Ho and the son is not hers and that she never was in a conjugal relationship at all.  I don't know how but that's the writer's job to show.  :blink:

​They both don't look of the type to sit and wait for things to happen, so I very much count on them to start actively investigating the past events, either separately or together. Of course, I prefer the latter.

About your last paragraph, I hope you're right!

Thank you all so much for thought provoking insights about this drama..

Makes me want to actually re-watch the latest episodes.

@lucy13880,   @meelis@jei_em       thank you for the photos, videos, BTS etc.

@seungshinl, thank you much for translations.

@jadecloud, thank you for slow motion video of the accident.

@StaRix, thank you for the KdramaStars article.

@Stellaa, I actually think that Eun-Dong's situation is far worst than a slave, because a slave at least knows that he/she is in slavery, and who sold him/her, and also to be weary of his/her "master". Eun-Dong has no clue about what has been done to her.
It just about reaped my heart apart, when she started realizing in ep. 4.

I am still wondering why Hyun-Bal is betraying Eun-Ho after all these years, and siding with Seo-Ryeong. What a witch that gal is - after all the years she heard "no" from Eun-Ho, and he is kind enough to keep her still in his circle, she does that to him.

BTW - Did you all notice that Viki does not even list Joo Jin-Mo as an actor in this drama? I just put a comment about it on Viki, I hope you can up my comment and/or comment about that as well.

I think better to up my comment, as the comments with most "ups" stay on top of the comments thread.

http://www.viki.com/tv/27377c-my-love-eun-dong

Kim Sa-rang features in Elle, talks about new TV melodrama

Korean actress Kim Sa-rang is featured in the current issue of Elle fashion magazine in Korea.

Kim stars in a new romantic TV melodrama entitled “Beloved Eun-dong,” which aired its first episode on May 29. Kim plays main female character Seo Jung-eun, who is also the long-lost love interest of actor Ji Eun-ho (Joo Jin-mo), who fell in love with her twenty years ago.

The drama series marks Kim‘s return to acting, five years since “Secret Garden” in 2010 in which she starred with actors Ha Ji-won and Hyun Bin.

Kim, 37, said, “I liked even the title (of the show). There aren’t lots of love stories like this these days.” She also expressed her fondness for romantic films like 1996 Hong Kong film “Comrades: Almost a Love Story.“

”Beloved Eun-dong“ airs every Friday and Saturday at 8:40 p.m. on JTBC.

Source: Kpop Herald

Guest meelis

Thank you, @irilight, he appeared now on the front page (he was there before too, but since they're showing the cast in chronological order starting from the youngest, his pic was hidden, so only visible when you click the right arrow). Now it seems that they managed to squeeze him there, thanks to you. 

@irilight,  I had no idea Lee Tae Goon was directing this drama no wonder we can see what real romance is like and how to woo and how to ache in pain for the other half Lae Tae Goon has displayed these kinds of emotion to us all to well add having JJM the veteran actor he is knows all to well how how to show the viewers these feels.. I said we the viewers got the best of both worlds from the actor to the director.. kudos to the production team..

I'm trying to remember who ask me about Lee Tae Gon and now I remember she's a sucker for a good love story I'll invite her to join the party..   

@irilight,  I had no idea Lee Tae Goon was directing this drama no wonder we can see what real romance is like and how to woo and how to ache in pain for the other half Lae Tae Goon has displayed these kinds of emotion to us all to well add having JJM the veteran actor he is knows all to well how how to show the viewers these feels.. I said we the viewers got the best of both worlds from the actor to the director.. kudos to the production team..

I'm trying to remember who ask me about Lee Tae Gon and now I remember she's a sucker for a good love story I'll invite her to join the party..   

​I don't know about the director, which other shows did s/he direct?

I do know JJM (and KSR) is really doing it for me.  Wow does he have a range of emotions.  He hits the right notes for me.  May be it's because it's such a refreshing change after watching a teenaged couple being bullied by adults in HITTG and looking too hard to read between the lines when they were not always there.   I so feel I'm back in my comfort zone.  Just watching a good story telling unfold..........  it's such a treat !

I do know JJM (and KSR) is really doing it for me.  Wow does he have a range of emotions.  He hits the right notes for me.  May be it's because it's such a refreshing change after watching a teenaged couple being bullied by adults in HITTG and looking too hard to read between the lines when they were not always there.   I so feel I'm back in my comfort zone.  Just watching a good story telling unfold..........  it's such a treat !

@valsava, thank you for reminding us about Lee Tae-Goon. I totally agree with you. - but my opinion is only base on the one drama I have seen of his, "December Fever." I am now watching 2 of his drama.

@seungshinl,  Here is Lee Tae-Goon's page on AsianWiki
I am actually watching now another of his drama "Your Neighbor's Wife." It is a couple of years old, but never been subbed until a couple of days ago, when Viki subbed it.

@valsava, thank you for reminding us about Lee Tae-Goon. I totally agree with you. - but my opinion is only base on the one drama I have seen of his, "December Fever." I am now watching 2 of his drama.

@seungshinl,  Here is Lee Tae-Goon's page on AsianWiki
I am actually watching now another of his drama "Your Neighbor's Wife." It is a couple of years old, but never been subbed until a couple of days ago, when Viki subbed it.

​@irilight, Did LTG direct you neighbors wife

Guest meelis

@valsava, this is Lee Tae Gon the director: http://asianwiki.com/Lee_Tae-Gon_-_director

They share the same name with the actor you've shown. I've only seen his drama 'The Last Scandal of My Life', it has some similarities with MLE's plot: http://asianwiki.com/The_Last_Scandal_of_My_Life , but what is more important to me is that LTG manages to alternate the serious with lighter mood. Imagine what MLE would look like if there weren't here and there some scenes for comic relief (mainly related here to Eun Ho's funny character when he isn't longing for his lost love).  

@valsava, this is Lee Tae Gon the director: http://asianwiki.com/Lee_Tae-Gon_-_director

They share the same name with the actor you've shown. I've only seen his drama 'The Last Scandal of My Life', it has some similarities with MLE's plot: http://asianwiki.com/The_Last_Scandal_of_My_Life , but what is more important to me is that LTG manages to alternate the serious with lighter mood. Imagine what MLE would look like if there weren't here and there some scenes for comic relief (mainly related here to Eun Ho's funny character when he isn't longing for his lost love).  

​@meelis,  My bad way off no where near the LG I was thinking of but thanks for correction didn't know there was two LTG in the film industry but I must admit I like this director writing style.. I have to go back and delete my post now.. LOL

Guest chajoowon

Haha, @jei_em, I meant actually the opposite, I think that her marriage is absolutely legal, because her name officially is Seo Jung Eun ever since she was adopted, so according to my understanding there's no ground for claiming it null (from strictly legal POV, of course. Morally, it's all the way wrong and unjust, because she was robbed of her identity, she was robbed of her past and last but not least, she was robbed of her one and true love.) But we shall see, the situation might be even more complicated than this.

@lucy13880, thanks for the pics, with the two movie based teasers, now everytime I see them in a car, I expect to see a similar scene as in either In The Mood For Love or Tian Mi Mi.:)

I dont look forward to that scene,cliffhanger at all because just seeing his eyes, his shocked reaction in the preview is heartbreaking.  I dont look forward to seeing poor Eun Ho dreams of meeting a single Eun Dong beeing horribly crushed from his POV of not knowing what really happened to her new fake life.

Archived