[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

Looks like an accident happened in ep 4 preview of the webtoon.. My guess is that Eun  Dong lost her memory?

​The official synopsis has been translated to English, you can check on page 64 Yes Eun Dong lost her memory.

And you can also check all the info about the drama on the front page. @salijoo has done a great job organizing news of the drama, plot, cast, teasers, trailers and so on.

Also main lead was in a Chinese drama.. no wonder he looked familiar. I think it has been a good two years since his last drama I recall. 

He was in Flowers in the Fog--quite a romantic drama which dubbed voices. 

http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Joo_Jin_Mo

​Joo Jin Mo's last drama is Empress Ki.

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Joo Ji Moo I watched the Queen of the Game about 60 times just to see him.  He is so handsome and I love him.  I can't wait for this drama to start and June a month I really love.

​Welcome our new friend! :w00t:

​The official synopsis has been translated to English, you can check on page 64 Yes Eun Dong lost her memory.

And you also check all the info about the drama on the front page. @salijoo has done a great job organizing news of the drama, plot, cast, teasers, trailers and so on.

​Joo Jin Mo's last drama is Empress Ki.

​Thank you! 

I was surprised that he was in a Chinese drama.. but then again his was dubbed but his acting was marvelous. I'll have to check out Empress Ki when I actually have time.. It is hard to start one drama and go through with it.. I like dramas in its airing time.

@irilight yes me too I haven't seen her before only in this drama. and she very pretty. (of course she is Miss Korea, lol) Jin Mo is probably happy with her lead actress, lol.. 

@lupita311 sure, thank you so much. I'll just put them all in one post. 

So Eun Dong will have amnesia?/ omG I knew it. And the bed scene, tells me my guess was right, Eun Dong's child could be Eun Ho's... but.. how can she be pregnant then this accident??

Oh Eun Dong is so accident prone.. They always meet by an accident, and they got separated by an accident.. Lol..

Please don't make this predictable writers. I'd probably welcome plot twists now. I trust this PD when I remember his blog.. 

My Love Eun Dong, the beginning Episode 4

http://tvcast.naver.com/v/400687

:sweatingbullets: Can't bear the writer QiongYao so it's the only one I've not watched of JJM projects. 

-Off topic-

@lucy13880 Thanks for the link to web ep 4.  Btw, Qiong Yao is a writer who can easily be the writernim of MLE. In fact, I believe writernim Baek has been much influenced by QY(and other prolific writers like Pi Chun Deuk and Murakami as mentioned in the synopsis). Perhaps Baek would have heard and read QY's books, or even seen the many movies/dramas that were produced from her writings. Perhaps is a fan of QY...because MLE gives me the flavor of a QY's romance as well. While I have only read a couple of her books, I've seen a few of the movies/dramas based on her writings. She's very good at it. So is writernim Baek for coming up with this MLE script.

Back to web ep 4. Esp love this ep though the prior eps are good as well. Ep 4 ... It's so touching yet heartbreaking. No wonder Hyun Soo, now Eun Ho is kept waiting and waiting and waiting, for over 20 years, saying 'I'll wait for you, Eun Dong'...:sweatingbullets: 

The highlight for me was towards the ending... Thus far, they started with a beautiful beginning, very fateful encounters, accidental encounters time and time again, then they fell in love and a sweet love began. But just as they were being so very in love together, Hyun Soo who was then a young, hot-blooded and very vibrant and impulsive fella thot Eun Dong was still wearing her boyfriend's ring and haven't broken up with him. In a fit, he grabbed the ring off her finger and threw it into the lake. Eun Dong then chided him and said it's from her mom. Hyun Soo jumped into the lake to retrieve the ring. He found it, but was all wet and dirty. Eun Dong was driving somewhere to perhaps get him a change of clothes, but in her haste and misfortune, she met with an accident (another!). This time, it was serious and she was bleeding as 119 was preparing to take her to the hospital. Eun Dong was calling out for 'Hynn Soo oppa'....(this would be the accident that made Eun Dong forget everything that happened, forget who Hyun Soo was and that he was waiting for her....due to amnesia caused by that huge impact accident with a big truck. Poor Hyun Soo was still wondering and waiting for Eun Dong to return. Up till this present day, Hyun Soo now Eun Ho is still waiting under the tree for Eun Dong....

Good job to production team and writernim for crafting such awesome script and visuals. The acting is all good to boot. We can say that Eun Dong's fate was indirectly caused by Hyun Soo? If he weren't so impulsive, the accident may not have happened? Or was it just Eun Dong being extremely accident-prone? Yet, that indirect factor in turn impacts Hyun Soo now Eun Ho's fate? Making him unable to forget, making him wait and wait... for Eun Dong? And fate does not take a break. It keeps working...making Eun Ho want to write an autobiography, making Jung Eun who was Eun Dong being recommended to be the ghost-writer. From ghost-writing and hearing the audio recollection of Eun Ho's love story, that will become the trigger for Jung Eun to reclaim her lost memory as Eun Dong....I just hope it will not be dragged too late into the drama for this to happen.

This MLE prequel is indeed a clever and refreshing way of drawing viewers into the fateful love of OTP....a clever script and clever directing of  a ''Predestined Relationship'. No wonder CPnim Song said in his first journal entry that just by reading the script, he was already very moved by the plot.

Just by watching the prequel, and of course due to KSR and JJM being at the helm of this drama.... I am already soooo much more eager for MLE to premiere.!   

Has anyone noticed PDnim's love for funningly cutting cheesy-melo or overly serious scene. Hahah. He did it several times in Episode 3 and Episode 4 too like this scene... When Hyunsoo moved out the ring out of her fingers and thrown it in water... That's when Eundong said, "I got that from my mother."... Cut to Hyunsoo jumping into the water with the "Say Hoooo~~~" song in the background.... [Soompi doesn't want me to insert pics too bad]

Anyway, Eundong is FAAAR from being the kdrama candy girl, not only she has a boyfriend but she's also hiding many things. I guess her son is also from Hyunsoo and not Choi Ho (Kim Tae Hoon). I'm speculating that the guy accidented with her was him hence Choi Ho being disabled after a car accident!!!!

@jadecloud, Totally agreed! I don't know what's happening but I'm hooked and can't wait for the premiere, the thing that CPnim felt, I'm feeling it right now. That story, the awesome directing and the top acting from everyone makes the story so attracting.

And yes, I noticed that it's always after Hyunsoo's impulsiveness (not taking it in a bad way of course, he's human) that something happens in his life (Eundong-related). The fight with his friend, he couldn't see Eundong before she moved out and now the ring! I love how human and layered these characters are. CPnim didn't lie about that!

And the beautiful transition between 10s -> 20s Hyunsoo and 20s -> 30s Hyunsoo are marvelously done. 

Thank you for all updates, @lucy13880, @salijoo, @chinalily_wang

@jei_em, WOW, these two.... :wub:  Speechless... 

The three Hyun Soo are adorable, although BHS doesn't look at all like Junior and JJM, but they're cute. Did JJM borrow his trench coat to Junior?:lol:

Appreciate your hard work, @jadecloud, you're a saving grace. So now they also threw Haruki Murakami into the mix? I feel frightened already, it's like someone is looking into my head and picking random things that I love for the drama.:o

@meelis IKR! I don't remember having participated in any of their MLE focus group as well... LOL But I really like this wrtiernim Baek. New to me but I'm sold if MLE is what she can craft. Also seems an obviously 'deep' reader, not just a good writer. Add to that, she has PDnim Lee and CPnim Song at the helm of production, not to mention the various awesome cast, esp OTP JJM and KSR...am I dreaming? Quick, slap me or pinch me...

@salijoo I think it wasn't that Eun Dong wants to hide her son (with Hyun Soo). My take is ....from when Hyun Soo and Eun Dong had their 'intimate and loving time together' till the accident, it was all too fast and within a short span of time. Eun Dong was then so badly hurt by the accident, and became an amnesiac. She didn't know she was pregnant (and the accident didn't make her miscarry which I think it's because the conception was a miracle, again due to fate HAHA), but when told of it later, she would not have known who the father is and what actually happened. I think right then, her current husband came into her life, and because he was attracted to her, he agreed to marry her and take the son as his own. I think when Jung Eun begins to regain her lost memories, esp her love with Hyun Soo, she would begin to connect the dots.   

@salijoo I think it wasn't that Eun Dong wants to hide her son (with Hyun Soo). My take is ....from when Hyun Soo and Eun Dong had their 'intimate and loving time together' till the accident, it was all too fast and within a short span of time. Eun Dong was then so badly hurt by the accident, and became an amnesiac. She didn't know she was pregnant (and the accident didn't make her miscarry which I think it's because the conception was a miracle, again due to fate HAHA), but when told of it later, she would not have known who the father is and what actually happened. I think right then, her current husband came into her life, and because he was attracted to her, he agreed to marry her and take the son as his own. I think when Jung Eun begins to regain her lost memories, esp her love with Hyun Soo, she would begin to connect the dots.   

​That's what I wanted to say, but I think Eundong's father will learn before her about her pregnancy and use that (and maybe her upcoming amnesia) to make her marry Choi Ho (as written in articles). They mentionned how her father doesn't like Hyunsoo too, so I imagine, she presented him but his father had a preference for the baseball player of his team aka Choi Ho at that time.

And we don't have to forget that so far, all this story is from Eunho's perspective hence all the story's holes. That's when Eundong (Kim Sarang) will enter in the game when she will gain back her memory (?) and tell all her story. BTW, they mentionned in the articles that Eundong will find how some memories can be distorted so maybe what Eunho felt he lived wasn't the same as Eundong. I find that really intruiging to be honest.

Cut to PDnim outstanding job in the perspective-angles, at one moment I thought it was Eundong's one but the camera cut it to Eunho looking at her. Everything is from Eunho's eyes at least what Jungeun is hearing from the record and the PD is doing well this distinction. Kudos to his directing. Same for how he's directing Eundong, I noticed that we learn about Eundong's mind only through Eunho's perspective. Meaning that we know as much Eundong as he knows about her. Basically, nothing.

Love this kind of writing! Writer Baek isn't into the form but more into substance via her script whereas the directing serves to give a form out of it. Her writing is simple and easy to follow (no form) but with the directing which was done accordingly and harmoniously with the script, her story finds its shape and all its depth. Find this way of telling the story really refreshing.

nd yes, I noticed that it's always after Hyunsoo's impulsiveness (not taking it in a bad way of course, he's human) that something happens in his life (Eundong-related). The fight with his friend, he couldn't see Eundong before she moved out and now the ring! I love how human and layered these characters are. CPnim didn't lie about that!

​That's it! Hyun Soo's impulsiveness leads to his apartment from Eun Dong which changed his life and fate also! Dramatic and symbolic! It's true this is a story about fate and love.

Has anyone noticed PDnim's love for funningly cutting cheesy-melo or overly serious scene. Hahah. He did it several times in Episode 3 and Episode 4 too like this scene... When Hyunsoo moved out the ring out of her fingers and thrown it in water... That's when Eundong said, "I got that from my mother."... Cut to Hyunsoo jumping into the water with the "Say Hoooo~~~" song in the background.... [Soompi doesn't want me to insert pics too bad]

​Haha those funny cutting! They have reached a good balance of a moving story and laughing story! Really like those music they used hahaha.

Anyway, Eundong is FAAAR from being the kdrama candy girl, not only she has a boyfriend but she's also hiding many things. I guess her son is also from Hyunsoo and not Choi Ho (Kim Tae Hoon). I'm speculating that the guy accidented with her was him hence Choi Ho being disabled after a car accident!!!!

Yes. In episode 3, it's Eun Dong who asks Hyun Soo to fasten their development of relationship and it's her "invites" him to have sex... Why does she do these while having a boyfriend?

@lucy13880, YES! Eundong is the one indirectly asking him to come near and in the preview (not shown in the episode) inviting to sleep together. She's far from being the innocent and bubbly girl we see in kdramas.

I'm so loving the comic elements well inserted in the drama too and can we talk about Hyunsoo's friend? (I love his other friend too!)

RqgAPQ1.jpg

I'm still laughing at this screencap love him with his 2005-era sunglasses and his killer smile... (He's the model from YG right?)

4M8FEhf.png

I don't think we'll loose these comic elements during the adult-arc, knowing the PD, he'll find some way to insert and they're highly welcomed, it balances so well with the story.

@jadecloud ~~ Bravo for your wonderful review! I agreed with you.  Also, thank @salijoo for the analysis. I enjoyed reading your insights.  Love the comic elements in the drama. 

As for the behavior of 20 S Eun-Dong, I wonder if she tried to get pregnant on purpose so that she could escape from a relationship that she was "forced" by her dad.  As you gals pointed out, she had so many secrets.  I guess her life was never easy... losing her parents and grandmother, being adopted.  She must have developed some "survival/defense" skills which might not be totally sweet.   I wonder how sincere her love towards  Hyunsoo was.  Was it truly pure and innocent as it seemed?    I can not wait to learn more about Eun-Dong's secrets. 

BTW, there are so many tough babies in Kdramas!  For example, Baby Byul in Empress Ki (also a son of JJM's character) survived though his mother's fights, jumping from a cliff,  being chased by a troop of soldiers.... etc. Car accident? No problem ;) 

Archived