[Drama 2015] My Love Eun-dong 사랑하는 은동아

wolanah

• Replies 7.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@salijoo, Thank you for the information about the writer and PD. As for the speculation of KSR playing both Jung Eun and Eun Dong who are actually the same person, it's not my thought. Its' many chinese fans' speculation at Baidu. I merely quoted them. Actually I still wish there will be another female lead because I think a story with a triangle relationship (not necessarily love trianlge) between JJM and two women is more appealing.

@QuercusL and @lucy13880, If, as you speculated, the character of Eun Dong will not appear and only exist in Eun Ho's memory, it means we'll learn about Eun Ho's love story completely from Eun Ho and Jung Eun's conversation. I think it will also be a big challenge for the script writer. Usually memory is acted out in dramas and movies, and in this case, we still need an actress playing Eun Dong.

Anyway, we'll get more information on Monday. I am glad to know the PD is experienced and has some successful projects. I also look forward to @salijoo and @meelis' reviews of the writer's work.

Just watched the short drama 'Kang Koo's story' (KKS) and well, it seems like the writer isn't on fantastic elements at all. Her writing skills is lacking alot to be honest, it was a typical human-sentimental-melodrama without any character standing out, the story lacked the common thread adding with the fact there was the majority of the time no coherence between the scenes. That being said it wasn't bad either, just not that good. 
The synopsis of MLE & KKS are completely different though except from the presence of one narrator and a teenage child. The narrator in KKS was the teenage boy Kang Koo thus the 'Kang Koo's story' here the title is 'My Love Eun Dong' so it would be logical to see Eun Ho (JJM) narrating the story but we have the ghost writer (KSR) which would make more sense to hear her narrating about Eun Ho's love for Eun Dong. As for the teenage child, his relationship with the male-lead was adorable, something to look forward.
Anyway, I still think someone is cast for Eun Dong, it doesn't seem like the writer is skilled enough to write such a complicated & twisted story wherein Kim Sa Rang plays the two characters... I'll put my expectations to the lowest so that I will warmly welcome the drama if it's suprisingly written well. :)

Guest anjshin

Thanks my dear @meelis :D will show up whenever it's my off hehehe, page saved already e. Interested with the plot even though it's almost the same like synopsis with the kdrama "My life's last scandal/ The last scandal of my life" which i guess had the same Pd-nim Lee Tae-Gon. I think i will like EunHo's character too like i did with Song Jae-Bin ;)) :x esp he is Jin Mo my beloved oppa. ;)) :D

Oh thank you @anjshin for the heads up, here 'The Last Scandal of My Life's synopsis: 

Top star Song Jae-Bin (Jung Joon-Ho) lied about his real name and age when he started out in the entertainment world. His real name is Jang Dong-Cheol. One day, Jae-Bin goes to shoot a commercial and there he meets Hong Sun-Hee (Choi Jin-Shil). Sun-Hee was actually Jae-Bin's first love during their high school days. Jae-Bin doesn't recognize Sun-Hee at first, because she has changed so much.

Meanwhile, Sun-Hee is a housewife. She is in a difficult financial situation due to her husband's failed business. When she meets Jae-Bin at the commercial shoot she hopes he might be able to help her out financially. The unexpected end result is that Sun-Hee starts working at Jae-Bin's home as a housemaid. Sun-Hee moves into his home with her daughter Ji-Min (Han Bo-Bae). Later, Sun-Hee's husband demands a divorce.

After 20 years, Jae-Bin and Sun-Hee are back together but now as an employer and employee. They sometimes have arguments and other times console each other. The couple also falls in love again ....

http://asianwiki.com/The_Last_Scandal_of_My_Life --- MBC, 2008; PD: Lee Tae Gon; Peak: 19.5% of ratings.

It's EXACTLY the same story! :-O :-O

Guest meelis

Am so stUpid. ;)) I've seen The Last Scandal (watched it because of late Choi Jin Shil and enjoyed it very much at that time), thanks @anjshin for reminding me and @salijoo for the synopsis, looks too similar indeed. Of course it can't be exactly the same story, but if the premise is the same, I like it, I like it. :)

So if @meelis & @anjshin liked the drama, I guess we're safe. I wanted to watch it but the moment I saw that the late Choi Jin Shil was the female-lead I couldn't bring myself to it. Anyway, I'm trusting your judgements on this one adding the fact that it had good ratings. 
@QuercusL, If I have an example, Jang Yeong Chul who has written 'Empress Ki' used the exact same story of one of his previous drama 'The King Dae Joyoung' (2006)... So it's not really a problem for me. :)>-
That being said, I can't wait for Monday to come as it looks like we'll know the rest of the casting too AND if Eun Dong will be played by Kim Sa Rang too or not. :))

Hi guys I created an FB group for My Love Eun Dong. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1413471698967351/

Just want to know if the title is final? Because I'm gonna edit the group address. @salijoo I used the info here in the thread, I hope you don't mind. Anyone wants to be an admin there kindly PM me. I saw an FB fan page of My Love Eun Dong, anyone knows if that is the official fan page of the show? Thank you.. :)
I'm excited for the script reading. :)

Guest anjshin

Yes my dearie @salijoo i like last scandal of my life really, watched it twice already, like my sister wanted to see JJM on a high school uniform too ;)) :P :x

@jei_em, As far as I know it's the working title, it can change anytime. ;)All the informations that permitted me to write the front page are a courtesy from Asianwiki & Hancinema, so you can take everything you want. About the page, I checked and it looks like a fan-page. BUT I've noticed for 'Fall with Soo Jung', JTBC opened official twitter, instagram & facebook accounts... Maybe they'll do the same for MLE.
@anjshin, Oh, I wonder if he'll play a high-schooler or they will cast a younger cast for that...
By the way if anyone is interested by the relative searches on Naver when you type: "My Love Eun Dong" (source)note: it's basically the same for nate & daum too
1. My Love Eun Dong Sung Yu Ri2. Joo Jin Mo3. Sung Yu Ri4. Kim Sa Rang5. Kill Me Heal Me6. Fall in Love with Soo Jung7. Kim Yoo Ri8. Baek Min Kyung

Guest meelis

Thanks for the info, @salijoo, so we aren't the only ones, everybody is expecting Sung Yuri to be in MLE? Good to know. In any case, I hope today it'll become clear. :)>-
@jei_em, great job! >:D<

Guest anjshin

And one more thing about TLSOML is that JJM sang "i have a lover" previously in which it was the OST for TLSOML, cute noh. :D

@anjshin, Oh, thank you!!! No wonder he's chosen that drama, for those who are curious which song... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1V3PTCWjEg.
@lucy13880, Yes, I know that, thanks for sharing it... Well, now that the script reading passed and we didn't hear about any additionnal cast, it most likely means that Eun Dong will be played by Kim Sa Rang herself. Seems like she'll change her name somehow (hiding her identity). ;)
As for all the inconsistencies between Eun Dong & Jung Eun (both play by KSR)'s characters descriptions, I think, I will just assume the articles as misleading and too vague to make a good judgement out of it. 
BTW, if their articles are too vague, should I pray for some comedy at least in the 1st half of the show? It won't kill the writer. :-w

Archived