[Drama 2015] Answer Me 1988 응답하라 1988

czakhareina

Guest windflower99

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!

I know it's Taek, i know it since the first episode when he drink milk and Deoksun came and ask him to grow faster so he can marry her. I'm totally on Junghwan Team now and i'm sure that Junghwan is Deoksun future husband, but Taek is just toooooooooooooo sweet and cute to be Chilbongie 2.0.

BTW, i saw Irene x PBG article, and then remember about an old article about Irene join the casting for this series. So, maybe Irene will show up in this drama later as someone's future wife. If Taek is not DS future Husband, i hope they will cast Irene as Taek future GF or Wife, because they look so good together. :wub:

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@katerose. This may a bad generalization, but Koreans have a thing for first loves. They are sensitive to it, especially guys. It is quite common among men to qualify their first loves as very special. It is also very common for people to date for very long periods of time! I have friends who have been dating for 10 years! So you date for a long time, therefore you meet early...  I think relationships are a bit different than in most Western countries.
Don't you think?

I myself an Asian and have many traditional thoughts, but in my country we dun trust in first love so badly. But i know this fact in Korea :))

I'm in the middle of watching Episode 6 and will share my thoughts later. But I had to pause the video to say this. Shin PD is now straight out making fun of the viewers!

There's a scene where JH's dad offers to feed his wife a cake. The mom relents and opens her mouth to eat the cake. But JH's dad, being himself, puts his finger in her mouth instead. He laughs. He says he won't do it again and offers to feed her a cake for real this time. She opens her mouth, and once again, his finger goes in her mouth. He laughs and says, "Are you a dummy? Why do you keep falling for it?"  Then he says he REALLY won't do it this time and offers to feed her the cake for the third time. But once again, he puts his finger in her mouth. 

Only this time, she bites his finger! 

Shin PD is making fun of the viewers for falling for his same silly trick twice in a roll. But the third time, the viewers bite his finger (aka not falling for it). 

LOL. I love Shin PD's sense of humor!

[NEWS] Reply 1988 Ep 6 "First Snow Is Coming"

2015112121313716104_1_99_20151121213604.

1. [+ 15,430 -167] Gosh! I couldn't even think of Taek. Why is it so cruel ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

2. [+13,899 - 259] It's Junghwan for sureㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ He knew the postcard and dumped by Sunwoo  ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋIt must be Junghwan

3.[+10,175 -129] ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Suddenly Taek.. The drama is so funㅋㅋ

4. [+9,440 -184] Kim Juhyeok and Junghwan synchronization are so amazingㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It's Junghwan!!!! But Kim Juhyeok looks good with Lee Miyeonㅋ

5. [+8,161 -122] Taek-ah ㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜㅜ

6. [+2,453 -26] Today after the match ended, Taek hugged Doksun ㅠ I'm more flutteredㅠㅠㅠsighㅠㅠ

1. [+2,652 -17] I couldn't even think of triangle love with Taek.. What's going on~ Kyaaa~

2. [+2,222, -24] Can't he watch it with me...

3. [+1,876 -20] Our Taekie♡  I love you

4. [+1,316 -5] Taek waited the other friends to hug him but he hugged Doksun first. Heart attack argh

1. [+5,929 -44] Look at how Junghwan liking itㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 

2. [+3,764 -70] Now she could meet Junghwan! 

3. [+2,928 -45] Ah great.... What to do....ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

1. [+436 -6] Eventhough I already thought he was at the back but I didn't know he was thereㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Even he got nosebleed, he smiled cutely and his answer was cute when his mom asked whether he want to eat ramyeon..ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋAh today Taek was also freaking funny. Heart attack

2. [+373 -5] He was so cute when he smiled even with nosebleedㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+361 -5] Just like this Junghwan and Taek started as love rival ㅠㅠㅠㅠ He thought it would be sad day but he smiled when he got nosebleed ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1. [+441, -10]Doksun said it. She told Sunwoo to confess on the first day of snow. That time Taek also heard it. That's why on the first day of snow he asked Doksun to watch a movieㅎ

2. [+426 -11] His eyes when he called Doksun... Crazy... So awesomeㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ\

3. [+385 -9] K k yaaa~~~~ Why is he like suddenlyㅜㅜ Gosh~ Today was so heart flutteringㅋㅋ

Ryu Hyeyoung Captured Go Kyungpo

1. [+573 -21] Hyeri's crying act was freaking awesome todayㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Behind that Ryu Junyeol grinned like a fool was so funny ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+542 -11] Wow today the plot are uncovered one by one. I knew that Sunwoo like Bora but scene of Sunwoo liking Bora was showed and him staring Bora laughing was so pretty...

3. [+294 -8] I miss my unrequited love

Cr; everydaydaisyday

Songs In Episode 6:

On Such A Day / Then, On The Day -- EoTteonNal (Someday) --> song while DS,SW,JH,DR lying down

Delight / Exultation -- Jeong (Jung/Chung) SooRa --> song that DeokSeon sang in the car

Gypsy Lady -- Lee ChiHyun(JiHyeon) and His Friends  -->  song when DeokSeon screamed that BoRa wore the yellow blazer

On An Empty Street / In The Empty Streets -- 015B --> song while JeongHwan read DeokSeon's love postcard

Even Loved The Pain / Pain of Love -- Jo JeongHyeon (Cho JungHyun)  --> song while SeonWoo confessed his love to BoRa

This particularly comment sticks out to me:
"1. [+441, -10] Deoksun said it. She told Sunwoo to confess on the first day of snow. That time Taek also heard it. That's why on the first day of snow he asked Deoksun to watch a movieㅎ"

Aww, so that´s the reason why he confessed to her when he saw it´s the first day of snow! But what do we do with Taek if he´s destined to be chilbong 2.0..... Taek´s life is already sad as it is... He seems so lonely at home and the atmosphere between him and his father is so cold if we compare to Sunwoo, Junghwan or Deoksun´s family. On top of that he never had a normal childhood like the rest of kids his age because of his baduk career, and I feel really sad for him. I hope the writers won´t make his character tragic and all miserable, please don´t. 

I watched the episode twice now.. Hehehe.. Well the Taek thing is something I didn't predict. I mean somehow of course he will be portrayed as husband contender but I didn't expect it to be this strong moving contender. Hehehehe.. A nice timing too. After the brokenheart experience for Duksun. 

And bout Bora husband's identity, haven't yet revealed, adult Duksun call him Bro-in-law, and now we also should hunt another husband mwahahahaha....

Bout taek calling out duksun for a movie, it could be not a date, it could be him asking her for a counseling about woman or something hehehe. Who knows. 

Next week preview shows us, bora and sunwoo always sits in the same couch. They're playing manitto (secret santa). Taek innocently announced who is the target he got on his paper which is should be kept secret. And duksun complaining that seems she doesn't have any Santa, and she confront Junghwan must be her Santa which Junghwan answer with caressing her hair.. And the scene turns to Taek crying and after scene Duksun lying on the bent in front of their house with taek's  voice saying "just stay on Christmas, don't fall asleep".

I'm actually quite sure Junghwan is the husband since his outfit just exactly like his father. And he snaps at adult DS saying "the thing she remembers about first snow must be when she got rejected by sunwoo on 1988". But something bother me, adult DS said "should I reveal all the girls you dated before married".

One thing for sure he's not Sunwoo, sunwoo eliminated tonight from husband candidate list :) :) :)  hihihi

Purple must probably be Bora from what we saw from the dolls positions in Deoksun's room and from other hints in EP5 with the clothes hanger etc.

And here we have another hint at purple being Bora: The color pen Jungbong used to color his post card is also purple.

v7ch2h.jpg

On An Empty Street / In The Empty Streets  by 015B

-- song while JeongHwan read DeokSeon's love postcard)

Translation  (cr MF) :

Even though I asked you to stay by my side, you left me with nothing but pain

I will never be able to let you go, even after a long time has passed

When I miss you on a cold windy night, I dial your number on the phone

But I can’t seem to let the call go through, can you feel the pain I go through?

Even though the reflection of me on the window looks hopeless as ever

I want to hear your voice tonight, so I promise myself to call you

As I pick the phone up, I tremble to say that I love you with tears falling down on my face

But no one answers me back, and I’m left with just two lonely coins in my hands.

Part 1:

At the beginning, JH sends SW death glares and SW says Sit down, I'll explain everything. JH says I don't wanna listen and goes, misunderstanding the situation, of course.

When DS wakes up the next day she complains about the cold water but her mom tells her her dad also washed his hair with it so it's ok. Cut to DS's with unwashed hair waiting for the bus lol

JH doesn't wanna eat when his mom calls him.

Cut to DS talking with her friends. They ask if she got confessed to yet. DS says she thinks that he will confess soon. The friends ask her to tell them in detail if they kiss lol. They also ask for autographs from Taek and his phonenumber but DS tells them that he's way to quiet and just plays baduk all day.

Taek tries to use his casette player but DR has to help him. He tells him to not touch anything when in public because there are people who think of him as a god so he better not destroy his own image.

When the friends sleep at Taek's that night they listen to the radio. The announcer tells the listener to lean onto the person they like

which DS does but SW doesn't notice. The radio then announces a letter written by JB. He talks about how hard he is studying to go to college and one of his best friends is Taek, the best baduk player. He says that Taek is having a hard time right now because of a big contest and the contestants all have an IQ of 160. JB also wrote that his IQ is only in the 90s lol. At the end the speaker tells him to send a picture as proof because there were at least 50 other people writing the same. But since he got picked he gets a doll as a price lol

The next day DS's father wants to have some expensive drinks with Taek's father if Taek wins but his father doesn't think he will. Because he would have to win against 3 chinese and 2 japanese contestants.

DS and her mother go home from the market and see BR coming with a car. Her mother asks were she did get that from. BR says it's from a sunbae and she gets to have it for a few months. Her mom nags that she should get a driver's license first but BR doesn't care. She then asks DS were she got the yellow jumper and DS tells her to forget it; she brought it with her allowance. BR tells her that she's gonna wear it tomorrow anyways so DS counters that she will wear BR's dress then. BR says OK much to DS's surprise. But then we see that BR stole the jumper and wore the dress underneath the next day so DS can't wear it. (I reeeeeaaaally wanna punch BR in the face).

Bora surprising me in this ep. So nice to see her being all normal and act like a normal girl other than just a crazy b**ch all the time. lol. She is so amusing and funny! when she taught the boys how to do yell properly, awkwardly driving, awkwardly singing, playing volleyball.. she even steal her sister's cardigan, lmao. Way to settle the score! even in the future she 's so lovey dovey with her husband (SW?) I can see her being soften up after she's in a relationship with SW.. he can make her relax and certainly can take care of her.. She needs someone calm after all.. can u imagine if she met another headstrong person just like her? it will be explosion lol.

I'm still surprised by this episode. I shouldn't be but I really am.

The triangle in this episode is so strong. We looked at JH-DS-SW and were like "nah..its definitely SW". "Poor JH" ...No doubts. But as soon as JH-DS-TK  was revealed, we started feeling very bad for JH cuz he's gonna go through a lot of emotions,worse than he had when he thought SW was his competition. Some of us are rooting for TK and don't want him to feel bad. Others don't want both JH and TK to feel bad. Lol this is soo funny. 

I'm waiting for JH to find out and TK to also find out about JH's crush..Haha..

Highlight of the episode for me was JH laughing while DS is in pain and me laughing along instead of feeling pity for DS. :D

Part 2:

At night NL catches BR smoking and warns her that her dad's gotta kill her if he finds out. He tells her that they have to go to a funeral so BR wants to drive. They obviously don't want her to but she insists. After driving 10m they scream that she drove over a puppy. BR panicks and stops driving. They want to check outside but BR screams at them to stay inside so they just stay there. Later the camera shows us it was just a plush toy. (I really really really really want to~ Punch. BR. in. the. face.)

Later, JB sees two students smoking and tells them to quit. They provoke him until BR comes to his rescue, screaming at them. She tells them not to wear such brand clothes and not to smoke and so on (I think BR's gonna end up with JB somehow lol).

The next day DS comes to JH's house again to ask JB how he sends his letters to the radio station so they get picked; she wants to get picked once too. JH nags at her asking Why don't you just live here if you gotta come everyday? (You wish) DS replies I'm not coming to see you, you know? (Burrrn. lol) JH's mom asks JH if JB is studying nowadays but JH just says As if he ever did... and goes.

DS's dad nags at Taek's dad again to remind him of the drinks they gonna have if Taek wins. Taek's dad seems slightly annoyed lol He explains that he doesn't think he'll win since he's in a slump right now.

At the last match, Taek seems very tired, the reporters say that he probably did not get to sleep yesterday. One reporter expresses that he thinks he will win anyway and the other reporter says that it's because of people like you that he can't sleep at night (having so high expectations).

I am going to leave myself room for error but I am 98.9% sure who the husband is. I actually believe the writers when they said there was going to be no husband hunt this season and feel they back tracked in words only to draw in viewers and because the "hunt" is the series's gimmick.

The setup, the lack of future/present scenes, the fact that we're shown the husband and not 4 future handsome potentials and made to guess which, but shown just one. Again the setup and story thus far, it's there....no? The pull now is watching the expedition of how they got from their then, to the "why'd you read my diary and why you no give me chocolate" of their now. I enjoy the backwards journeys of the reply series. It always nicely drives home the point that life and love and everything in between, are a series of choices and decisions we make. This and that person may like you, you may get that and that job offer, "fate" may even play a hand, but in the end our characters always chose and we see that they have made their lives.

I ship Duk Seon and Junghwan. I enjoy their bickering. I like how she unconsciously notices him and gets annoyed with the things he does while finding it all so charming when her crush does the same, ha. I like Junghwan's crush and how he's doing all these sweet things without really taking credit for and how much Duk Seon sees him as a friend so she's not really putting much thought into why he's being so nice lately (I'm just glad she notices it). The moment Duk Seon punched and blamed Junghwan for missing a scene while watching the movie and he kind of looked at her in a bit of surprised fear and let her, I brought a one way ticket aboard their ship. I like their dynamic. He's all ruff and gruff (in the most adorablely caring way, I love what he did for his mooooom last ep) but he's kind of wrapped around her little fingers and he lets her get away with a lot. I also like how Duk Seon surprises Junghwan and charms makes him laugh all simply from being herself. However a lot of it is based on how Junghwan feels. If Duk Seon really never grows to like and return Junghwan's feelings then I want her happy with whomever she has mutual like/love with. 

I like Taek (he's a nice guy like all the guys are) but I haven't gotten to know him like I have with Junghwan and his interactions with Duk Seon gives off nothing for me in the way of like/possibly developing feelings (sans the ep 0 scene). That may change down the line but for me it won't matter. Actually someone put it out there and now it's boggling in my mind, Taek and JinJoo when she's all grown up. On the one hand the story has great potential. The potential fall out, I foam at the potential fall outs. Every character and family would have an opinion and it would impact almost all relationships (it's all fun and teasing till it becomes real). On the other hand the age factor and been known and seen her since she was in diapers (like an uncle) creeps me out a bit. I'm sure if the writers take it there in the future (as in present married or dating where she would be 30 something and he would be mid/late 40's) it will be done tastefully.

Thankfully romance and ships are just the sprinkles on the R88 cake so I'm not shipper trash like I was for R94 (no titanic iceberg sinking feels yet). I adore the families and friendship so much. Who the husband is, is an afterthought. Also why oh why aren't there more gifs and pictures and other goodies of Bong hyung? I search all last night and it was lacking in comparison with others. If only I had such skills...

Part 3:

While the last match is still on and Taek's dad waits for the results, everybody comes in once (or twice) to ask if he won yet. The more people came by, the more annoyed he got, having to tell them the same again and again.

When JH goes home that night he sees DS and SW talking again and after they both go home, he checks the mail and sees a postcard by DS. It was returned from the radio stadion and says that there is a boy who likes her and she also likes him back. His name is S.W. JH's expression darkens while reading how handsome she thinks he is. ( :( )

Taek won the game and nearly start sleeping in the elevator. When the reporter asks him what his plans are now, he smiles.(He told DR he wanted to see a movie earlier.) Taek's dad didn't tell anybody that Taek won and when the other dads arrive he smiles, telling them finally. The friends all wait for the call from Taek and JH just sits there sulking because of DS and SW ㅠㅠ
When Taek calls everyone runs to him while their parents warn them to come home early because Taek's probably very tired. After hugging everybody they eat pizza in Taek's room. DR and DS fight over the last piece. They both tell stories about how poor off they are, nobody admitting defeat.

DR: I confessed to somebody yesterday but got rejected. How pitifull I am.

DS: I live in a basement.

DR: JH lived in one too just 3 years ago. (JH shrugs)

DS: I have BR as a big sister.

DR: JH has JB as a brother. 

DS admits defeat.

JH: Why? I like my brother.

DS: Then the pizza's mine, right?

DR: SW, don't you have any sad story? Don't talk about your father. And Taek, don't talk about your mother. That's cheating.

SW:... I have a person I like but couldn't confess to for 2 years.

JH's annoyed now lol.

DR: What the...Why you so serious. Just eat the peace then. 

SW: But I meant it

DS: Confess then! On the first day snow comes. (Expecting it to be herself)

Part 4: 

Meanwhile, the parents all drink together. DS's dad calls BR to bring more alcohol from home but she screams that she doesn't want to even though it's only like 5 steps away. They all think she won't come but there she is. After going to the toilet and wanting to leave to a friends house, SW's mom gets a call that JJ has a fever. She's very worried and promises that she'll go tomorrow morning (JJ was at her grandma's house I guess) but BR offers herself to drive.

The night the first snow came, DS's letter gets read on the radio and she waits for SW to come confess to her. He really comes but only asks her were BR is. She asks back Why? And he tells her Because it's the first snow, you don't remember? DS gets what he means and starts to cry terribly. JH sees DS going out after SW and he goes after her secretly. DS goes up to SW who was leaving already and asks her why it had to be BR. He's all Because she's pretty, smart and nice which makes DS more and more angry the moment. She leaves but not before giving him a smack on the head, screaming that they won't talk ever again. (SW doesn't say anything which kinda made me a bit angry...I mean, he's not stupid...) After going back to her room to cry herself to sleep we see that JH heard everything and smiles even though he got hit by the door, standing behind it. Going home, his mom sees his nosebleed and tells him it's because he wouldn't eat for days and asks if he wants ramyun at least. JH happily agrees and his mom doesn't get it at all lol.

The radio announcer asks himself if DS got confessed to by S.W. since it's snowing, but we pan to DS crying. He also says that the success rate of confessing at the first snowing day is 90%. SW waits for BR in the snow. When she comes he gives her his jacket because she's freezing. (It's kinda drama-like that he only happened to wear a white t richard simmons underneath. I mean it's winter!) He tells her he likes her. She doesn't say anything (yet).

The radio speaker continues saying that maybe, somebody will confess to you, that liked you for a llong time but you didn't notice. Taek sees the first snow and calls DS to ask her out to a movie.

Archived