Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Five Fun Facts About Park Soo Ae

park-soo-ae.jpg?w=600

Her most popular roles were in the films "Sunny" and "Midnight FM." She played a woman with Alzheimer's disease in the drama "A Thousand Years Promise." She starred as an ambitious woman who wants to be First Lady in the drama "Yawang."

Here are a few facts you may not know about this actress.

1. She nearly became a member of an idol group. Recruited by an agent while she was still in high school, she practiced for six months but never made an album.

"I didn't sing well," she said. "But the six months I spent with the team was fun. I was lucky to get into acting."

2. She has long been friendly with actor Uhm Tae Woong. They enjoy sharing meals and talking about acting but it remains a brother-sister relationship.

3. Several stars have described her as their ideal woman. Those stars include Jang Geun Suk and Kim Tae Won, but she has never dated either of them.

What does she look for in a man? Someone who can communicate well remains a top priority.

"Dramas and movies are full of attractive men," she said. "But I would like someone who will support me and cheer me on. Tall, good-looking men are common. But it's difficult to meet someone who really communicates well."

4. Her hobbies are swimming, tennis and playing pool. Soo Ae learned to swim for her role in "A Thousand Day's Promise" which featured an underwater kissing scene. She unintentionally drank a lot of water filming that scene, but you would never know how inexperienced she was by looking at her performance.

5. Her own background has helped the actress to understand the importance of a helping hand.

Last year she donated around $93,000 to charity.

"I hope that my donation can be used to help underprivileged children living in Bong Cheon city," said the actress of the neighborhood she grew up in. "This is a small way of showing my appreciation for all the love and support I received from everyone."

Five Fun Facts About Ju Ji Hoon

ju-ji-hoon.jpg?w=600

It has been seven years since actor Ju Ji Hoon had his breakthrough performance as the distant Crown Prince Shin in the drama "Princess Hours." Since then his career has seen some ups and downs.

In that time he appeared in the films "Antique Bakery" and "Naked Kitchen," as well as the dramas "Five Fingers" and the "Devil."

He made his comeback in the film "I Am A King," which was inspired by "The Prince and the Pauper." Soon he will return to the small screen, playing Han Seung Jae, a doctor in the MBC medical drama "Medical Top Team."

Here are some facts you may not know about the actor.

1. Although he describes his parents as very conservative, they did not comment when he decided to major in acting at Kyung Ki University.

"Nobody said anything about it," said Ju. "Indeed, my parents liked it when I got into university with an acting major. And although they never said anything, I knew they loved that I was on a TV drama, as one day my mother brought a stack of papers for me to autograph."

2. He's pretty definite about what he wants in a girlfriend. He wants a girl who's independent, as he likes to spend quiet time alone reading and listening to music. He grew up spending a considerable amount of time by himself as both his parents worked.

"I want a girl who has her own interests and doesn't bother me," he said. "I believe that everyone needs to have their own space so they can enjoy time on their own.

3. He won't settle when it comes to romance, as he does not believe in the idea of marrying for convenience.

"I don't like a marriage for any reason other than true love," said Ju.

Yoon Eun Hye, his "Princess Hours" princess once described him as her ideal type but the co-stars are just friends.

4. In high school, he was teased about his height and he kept on growing. He's 6 ft. 2 inches now.

"Handyman was my nickname in high school," he said. "Because of my height, I stood out. Every teacher and student knew who I was."

5. He's serious about preparing for his roles. He learned to play the piano for his role as Yoo Ji Ho, a genius pianist in "Five Fingers." He took classical piano lessons so he could act convincingly in the performance scenes. After listening to the music, he learned the movements needed to look as is he was really playing that particular piece.

For his role in "The Devil," he lost 11 pounds by eating only chicken and exercising three hours a day.

Five Fun Facts About Yun Jung Hoon

yun-jung-hoon.jpg?w=600

Yun Jung Hoon, the actor who played the undead hero in "Vampire Prosecutor" and "Vampire Prosecutor 2," Dong Wook in "East of Eden" and the jewelry company heir in "I Summon You Gold," is currently appearing in a Chinese production, "Time of Love."

He appears in one part of the four-part series. In his part, he plays King, a Korean illustrator who works part time as a Korean language teacher. A girl from Hong Kong hires him so that she can learn the language. Slowly he falls for her but at the same time learns a terrible secret about her boyfriend.

What else should you know about this actor? Here are a few facts.

1.     He's not only the child of a famous actor, Yeon Kyu Jin, but he's married to a top actress, Han Ga In. The couple met on the set of the 2003 k-drama "Yellow Handkerchief." He has said that was his favorite and most important drama.

"I received a best actor award for it and it helped me get married," he said during an Arirang News interview. The two have been married for almost a decade.

2. He helps around the house. Han Ga In says he's understanding of the demands her career places on her. While she was filming "The Moon Embracing the Sun" she could only go home once a week and had no time for housework.

" On the days I was able to go home, everything in the house from the laundry to the cleaning would be done," she said. "He also regularly took care of his own meals."

She is currently not working o a production as they are expecting their first child in early 2015.

3.     He has no problem admitting that his wife imposed his midnight curfew. On an episode of "Happy Together," he admitted that his wife likes him to be home by midnight. If he doesn't she gets upset. So he's careful to eat and drink quickly when he meets his friends.

4.     Yun, 34, loves cars. Not only is he a co-host of "Top Gear Korea," but he also owns a few impressive cars of his own.

"I own a Ferrari 458 Spider and I used to be a racer in Korea," he said in an interview with The Straits Times. "I don't know if that tells you how good a driver I am."

He also bought a Maserati and has in the past owned a Lamborghini.

5.     The actor is not sure why fans say he is so charming but he is most often told that he seems sweet and tender. He thinks that taking on and succeeding in challenging roles is more important than fame.

I don't need a lot of love from fans, he said modestly during the Arirang interview. Just an average amount.

cr to kdramastars.com

@nazzy1109 Wellcome, yay I am so happy you are back!!!! Of course, your studies is  in the first place and it is good that you manage to accomplish everything. I am well-known problems with the laptop and how it can be frustrating.  Glad that now everything is ok so that we can enjoy together in dramas.....

@SUNIlight02 Thank you for articles about fun facts 
=D>

And hello to all, can wait....le sigh....

Guest nazzy1109

thank u everybody for welcoming me :) today i was surfing around a bit & oh gosh there r just so many awesome dramas going on currently & also going to air very soon that i m waiting for earnestly !......what to watch first, when to watch, where's the time ??!! ~X( ~X(
this year is sure going to be a treat !!!......ottoke i still have lots of pressure & won't be able to follow all the dramas every week so got to marathon some when i get breaks..........although i m loving those other dramas but after KMHM this drama is my top most anticipated one so i can hardly wait !!...........my weekend starts from friday & then will b sayinh hi to my old threads instead of just here........just want tomorrow's class to end quickly ! :!!

nazzy1109 said: hey there @everybody !!!! @missnona @madlena @eunsuhae @evie7 @valsava @Aeliana @MarjorieA @Moon_Fars @delfin @emme85 @onnififi @yaqiyuki @chunnie36 @anagard @SUNlight02 @kyunii88 @libra22 @Kail14 @denarvie @moodypie @UnniSarah @plappi
how r u all ??? >:D< ............i hope i was missed ;;) i was really busy these days..........plus my laptop was not working........so got it fixed just recently & i can also handle some of the study pressure so that i can manage to get some breaks to come here !.........my life is soooo dull without all u guys :( missed u sooo much !
gosh i got so much to catch up on in this thread plus on the other threads.......can't wait for drama spazzing guys........btw i'm sooooo glad u guys r also sooo excited for this drama as much as i m :D
i'd like to thank u all for contributing here with all the new updates & would also love to welcome all the newcomers including @ainissky , @malika82 & others :)
P.S.: btw i became a LEGEND !!! can't believe it !!! :-O :-O :-O

Hello @everyone.

@SUNlight02 thank you so much for sharing the 5 facts on the 3 leads. Awesome job dear.  =D> :-bd And also thank you again for all the BTS pics.  :-* :-*

@nazzy1109 chingu ar pppssstt :-$ :-$  LMH girlfriend is Suzy from MissA    :D:D

@marykarmelina thank you dear for the viki link. Although your unnie not able to view them from my country but thanks for your great effort.  :-bd

@malika82 hello dear nice to meet you. Thank you so much for all your post on the infor, BTS pics and video.  :-bd

@irilight hello my dear, we meet again and nice to see that you are here too.  :D Thanks for all the articles. So Hoya will be joining Mask too huh. He is quite good and decent guy in his acting. The last time I saw him in My Lovely Girl and he did well there. Great casts looking forward to this drama too.

evie7 said: @SUNlight02,. Welcome back from your holiday. Thank you for the vid. We are finally getting something official about this drama. I really can't wait for the first script reading but I guess it will happen in a few weeks :-??

@SUNlight02, thank you for the fun facts write ups....

I did not know that Soo Ae started training as a singer. No wonder she was so good as an entertainer in the movie "Sunny." I also agree about the swimming. That scene was good. I had no idea she was a novice at swimming.

@marykarmelina, thank you for the Viki updates and for answering our questions.

@onnififi, great to see you here too.....   :-h

I thought to continue with what @SUNlight02 started, and add  Five Fun Facts about Yoo In-Young.

class="at_ttl" style="padding: 0px; margin: 0px; list-style: outside none none; font-size: 30px; line-height: 35px; letter-spacing: -0.03em; clear: both; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: 1; word-spacing: 0px;"Five Fun Facts About Yoo In Young

yoo-in-young.jpg?w=600

Only a few months ago Yoo In Young was balancing roles in two popular k-dramas. She played the girl whose murder Jun Ji Hyun was blamed for in "You Who Came From The Stars." At the same time she played Yon Feisal the warrior and trader in love with Korea's king in "Empress Ki."

Now she plays Mi Ryung Prince So Hyun's first love in "The Three Musketeers." She co-stars in the drama with Lee Jin Wook, who plays Prince Sohyun, and Jung Yong Hwa, who plays swordsman Park Dal Hyang. Here are a few more facts you may not know about this versatile actress:

1. She was not an overnight success, at least not in her own estimation. In an interview with BNT News, she talked about the slump she experienced as an actress. She thought she might always be typecast in certain roles and wondered if she would ever get a chance to play another kind of character.

"I once fell into a slump. Most of the roles I've played or cast for were 'rich bad girl.' I felt like I was stuck in that image," she said. "I believed I would meet my dream character when my time came. And that time eventually came." 

2. Yoo In Young began her career as a model, appearing in commercials such as the one she did for LG Telecom. She became known as the "la la la" girl because of her commercial roles. And she still models. In 2013 she became the Asian spokeswoman for Elizabeth Arden.

3. The actress also won a "Fashionista" award at the 2013 Asia Model Awards in Seoul. The award show recognizes the best in fashion and modeling in Asia. The award was based on her fashionable appearance at public outings.

4. Yoo In Young is passionate about baseball. In 2012, she chaperoned a group of Korean children to the Major League Baseball All-Star Game in Kansas City. She attended the game with Dynamic Duo's Choiza and Supreme Team's Simon D to represent MLB Korea.
"Yoo is best known for the combination of exotic Asian looks and a Westernized body. As a representative actress of Korea, Yoo was picked to attend the event," an MLB Korea spokesperson told the Joongang Daily.

5. She won a 2012 20th Korean Culture and Entertainment Award for Drama Excellence as an actress for her role in "Dummy Mommy." In the story about a genius whose mother is developmentally disabled, she was the only actor to win an award.

Source: KDramaStars

@evie7 @anagard @onnififi @valsava @irilight
My pleasure chingus :)

@malika82
Thank you for the informative updates :)

@marykarmelina
Thank you for the viki info :) 

@UnniSarah
:-h 

@seinhi
Welcome to the thread chingu!
Let's have a great time here :)
Yes, I believe we only have 47 days before this drama airs 

I should lower my expectations for this drama so I can be amazed during the D-day.

Our writernim's previous work 'Secret' is a well-written and fast paced drama and I believe Mask is also the same. It is not enough to only have good and known actors. We should have a synchronized team with the director and writer along with the cast to be able to move and capture the hearts of the viewers and I can't wait to see the solidarity of the team in this drama.

@vasava, I'm with you this is the spring of the Masks. I have both dramas on my must see list too. Even though I had to think about what the second one was for a few mins until I got my duhhh moment 8-|  I will be happy just to see some stills and more bts of this drama, but I do feel like i'm marking the days off on the calendar for the first episode to air. I'm looking forward to see what writernim has in store for us this time. 
@UnnieSarah, good to see you here.

Hi @everyone ))) Hello @valsava, @evie7, @UnniSarah, @anagard, @nazzy1109 ))) Me and my friend will translate Mask into russian, so I'm in ))) Want to quickly see the news from the shooting, or readings script.

Archived