[OFFICIAL THREAD 1] Lee Jonghyun ♡ Gong Seungyeon [House Of Brownies]

Reen2you

Have you notice both of SY and JH active on IG this afternoon, almost same time. She liked some comment on her IG and he liked the pic of fan's account. It's interesting that he appears but dont post anythings. Haha. What a suspicious.

WGgCwWq.jpg

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jh IG

Trans: I went to get makeup  Cr. gongleeglobal

Me: Manly eyebrows! -_-

Jh related:

Warriors of the Dawn - AsianWiki
http://asianwiki.com/Warriors_of_the_Dawn

Thanks and credit to all owners/sources.

Me: Jh went to his friend Jingoo's movie premiere, who he worked with in Orange Marmalade, and was in a short clip on WGM for our Bee Couple, and is working with Sy in Circle, friendSHIP goals! :wub:

Hello @happy2bhere! Happy to see your post. Hope we can continue having you back as well to share with us your thoughts and more! :)

Sy related:

First Impressions: "Circle" Proves To Be Epic Sci-Fi Drama That's Not Afraid To Be Dark | Soompi
https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/24/first-impressions-circle-proves-epic-sci-fi-drama-thats-not-afraid-dark/

NOTES: 1) Leaving out the pictures because it takes to much space. 2) Content on  "Spoiler" for those who haven't watch the episodes and don't want to be spoiled with plot information.

Spoiler

"If, as a K-drama fan, you haven’t decided to suddenly live under a rock and forgo all news of Korean entertainment, then you’ve probably heard of the new K-dramas coming out, all with tough characters and adrenaline-racing plots. One such K-drama is “Circle.” I’d already seen the posters and read the synopsis, which looked amazing. However, as a “My Love From the Star” fan, I assumed I’d get a cute K-drama vibe with a cool alien that had difficulty understanding the human race. Instead, I got an entirely unique K-drama with a mysterious sci-fi plot that terrified me….at least, in a good way.

Warning: minor spoilers ahead!

Storyline

Since “Circle” has a fair amount of mystery to it, the storyline gets pulled in from both directions: future and present. The present timeline starts with a flashback featuring our main characters, twins Kim Woo Jin (played by Yeo Jin Goo) and Kim Beom Gyun (played by An Woo Yeon), as kids.

The scene begins with Woo Jin and Beom Gyun walking in a foggy forest at night; Beom Gyun is walking his brother home after finding him in the woods searching for aliens. Beom Gyun takes on the role of the protective older brother, and when Woo Jin asks Beom Gyun, “how did you find me?” Beom Gyun sweetly and matter-of-factly replies, “I told you. I’ll find you no matter where you are.” He also scolds his brother for going up to the mountain to search for aliens. This heartwarming scene is broken by the threatening appearance of a UFO, which chases them to the main road, where their father finds them. The family grabs each other close as the UFO catches up to them, and in a strange turn of events, a young girl appears from it. The flashback ends, but this is a major turning point for our characters as it will change their lives forever.

The scene we face 10 years later is far more depressing. Woo Jin is a college student living on his own; Beom Gyun is on parole, having bounced from mental hospital to prison immediately after his release. Both boys are trying to cope with the loss of their father, who disappeared from their lives shortly after the UFO incident.

Now that they’re older, the tables have turned: Woo Jin is very matter-of-fact and pessimistic about the world, trying to shoulder all the responsibilities of his broken family. This includes his brother Beom Gyun, who is obsessed with the aliens that stole his father and has definitely cracked in the past years. The role reversal is tragic to watch, and it’s hard not to feel for Woo Jin, who desperately wants his brother to live normally with him.

Meanwhile at the university, a murder has occurred. While the police struggle to find the perpetrator, Beom Gyun thinks he’s cracked the case and the identity of the murderer. He picks Han Jung Yeon (played by Gong Seung Yeon), Woo Jin’s new classmate, who looks exactly like the alien that first appeared to them as children.

Gong-Seung-Yeon-Circle.jpg

Woo Jin is just as shocked as Beom Gyun, but dismisses her as a college student who only looks like the alien they saw, especially as he and Jung Yeon grow closer as class partners. This sparks another argument between the brothers, as Woo Jin again begs Beom Gyun to let go of his search for aliens. The argument leads to them separating. But, a few days later, Woo Jin gets a call from his brother, who says that he’s found the alien’s hideout and mysteriously mentions the name “Bluebird.” Following the call, Beom Gyun goes missing and never comes home to his brother.

Storyline: Future

Fast forwarding into the future gives us an even bleaker scene, a dystopian world where South Korea is divided into two worlds: Smart Earth and Normal Earth. Normal Earth is a pollution-filled world, where high levels of dust in the air have driven its richer citizens to seek refuge in Smart Earth, a disturbing utopia with atmosphere regulating technology and a unique Care Chip system that regulates its citizens with a brain chip.

The chip is supposed to render Smart Earth crime free — at least until a 911 call is made to the police system of Normal Earth. Kim Min Ji, a kidnapping victim, has gone after her kidnappers on a killing spree, and it’s all linked to her forgotten memories and the Care Chip.

The detective on the case is Woo Jin (played by Kim Kang Woo), who has taken on the name Joon Hyuk to secretly search for his missing brother. His main goal is to sneak into Smart Earth, which he feels may have a connection to the loss of Beom Gyun. In the midst of this tangled plot is the chairman, who has a picture of the twins when they were younger; Person B, who created the chips; and a hacker named Bluebird.

Thoughts

“Circle” certainly surprised me. It’s stressful, fast-paced, and dark; however, it’s also brilliant. This is a very fresh K-drama with a very interesting and intricate plot. Even its depiction of the future is creative and new. Being a sibling myself, watching the divide between Woo Jin and Beom Gyun was painful, which only fuels my hope that Woo Jin will find his missing brother in the future.

I also find myself pretty invested in the older Woo Jin — Joon Hyuk — as a snarky hero ready to stand up to the growing and dangerous establishment of Smart Earth. And if the missing Beom Gyun is either the chairman and/or Person B, as alluded to in the drama, then the plot is going to be even thicker. Regardless, “Circle” is definitely an exciting new drama you’ll want to start watching — there’s never a dull moment, and it holds strong promise for being a very epic K-drama.

Ariana K. Welsh is a college student who spends most of her time obsessing over K-dramas with her sister, dancing to loud music, and writing into the wee hours of the night. Her current fave things in life are: snow, Waldeinsamkeit by R.W. Emerson, and Butterbeer."

Thanks and full credit to original owners/sources.

Thanks and full credit to all original owners/sources.

Me: Circle had shown that it could be a really good drama from start to finish. Both Jingoo and Sy are doing great, very happy for them. Jh must bee happy too. :)

CR: FROM ALLKPOP - more worries, more competition for JH?  He may be sorry he never got his 'beach body' ready for SY!  Jingoo now has an 8-pack!  Not just 6 - 8!   Maybe this will push our 'ahjussi' JH to work on his body?!

Circle looks like it may be really good!  I've just seen the previews, etc. and it seems interesting....good luck, SY!   

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/05/yeo-jin-goo-surprises-fans-with-his-8-pack-abs

I am sooo happy with CIRCLE!!! It is out of this world exciting! The actors are sooo good (even the kids are amazing!)  and the story is quite gripping. The production looks like a movie! Good job PD-nim and Director-nim and writer-nim! I can't wait for episode 3!

Laughing a little an Jonghyun's photo with "PreScent"  ....looked it up and it looks like air freshener ...#manwithmanners? So does that mean it's a bathroom scent / fragrance / deodorizer ? Is it a perfume and I'm just not understanding the website? If he thinks its a great housewarming gift to give? Is he or someone else saying something stinks?  I don't really get it, but my line of thought took it pretty funny!!!! 

Jh IG

Trans: Big One, Come out!!! Cr. gongleeglobal

Trans: They came out!!!ㅎㅎ It's worth standing around all dayㅜㅜ Hyungsik caught a lot too ㅋㅋㅋ  Cr. gongleeglobal 

Thanks and credit to owners/sources.

Me: Have a great weekend everyone! :)

Sy related:

"Circle" Cast Members Reveal Their Ratings Promise | Soompi
https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/27/circle-cast-members-reveal-ratings-promise/

Circle3.jpg

"The cast members of tvN’s “Circle” will be doing something special when the drama hits 3 percent viewer ratings!

“Circle” premiered on May 22 and recorded 2.9 percent ratings, while its second episode gathered 2.3 percent ratings.

On May 28, the drama’s production team revealed images of cast members Yeo Jin GooKim Kang WooGong Seung Yeon, Highlight’s Lee Gi Kwang, and An Woo Yeonholding up signs that read, “When ‘Circle’ exceeds 3 percent ratings, we will give out coffee to 300 people.”

circle6.jpg

A source from the production team explained, “The story will become more interesting as the search for the truth officially begins on episode three.”

In the preview of the upcoming episode, Kim Woo Jin (Yeo Jin Goo) and Han Jeong Yeon (Gong Seung Yeon) were seen pursuing the serial killing case at the Handam University of Science and Technology. Also revealed was Kim Jun Hyuk (Kim Kang Woo) investigating the “stabilizing care chip” and its relation to memory.

The third episode of “Circle” will air on May 29 at 10:50 p.m. KST."

Thanks and credit to all owners/sources.

Me: Circle started with two good episodes, it really deserves better ratings, specially if it keeps bringing the good acting with the interesting story it has. :)

have anyone seen this?

thank you for keeping your promises jonghyun, omoni & unnie. to keep supporting seungyeon and love her endlessly. i don't demand any public announcement for the nearest time because sy's carriers just started to bloom and jh is working hard before army enlists. these kind of interaction and connection is wayyyy more fluttering than any tabloid statement. not to forget family and  friend's circle and coincidences (or not) :wub: for me, it's okey if they just want to maintain the close relationship with each other. it's okey not to expose too many things because we know the consequences, now is worse than then. it's okey if they be friends with any guys or women,. because i have faith in them. i trust them. i'm willing to wait without being greedy for any announcement saying they are dating now. i'll patiently wait for their wedding announcement .

IF NOT, i'll just be happy for everything happens to me because of them. :blush:

Sy IG

Trans: We're just clipping the toenails... :'D  Cr. gongleeglobal 

Trans: Oh! My heart is racing ... Cr. gongleeglobal

Trans: Jeongyeon watching Jeongyeon!! Commending Jeongyeon who sent a proof shot watching the live broadcast of circle ... Even though she had a busy schedule, during the day with severe yellow dust, she brought pear juice to cheer me on! Please keep watching over her well^^ Everyone, you're not missing the live broadcast, too, right? ㅎ ㅎ  Cr. gongleeglobal

Me: Sister goals! Both doing what they love to do and supporting each other. :D  Have a great week everyone! :)

Sy related:

TWICE's Jungyeon Adorably Cheers On Sister Gong Seung Yeon In Her Latest Drama "Circle" | Soompi
https://www.soompi.com/2017/05/29/twices-jungyeon-adorably-cheers-sister-gong-seung-yeon-latest-drama-circle/

Gong-Seung-Yeon-Jungyeon.jpg

"This adorable pair of sisters may be extremely busy these days with their individual activities, but they continue to be sister goals even when apart!

On May 30, actress Gong Seung Yeon shared a snapshot of her little sister, TWICE’s Jungyeon, posing next to a television screen that is playing tvN’s “Circle,” while sporting a giant pair of glasses. The photo was specifically captured when Gong Seung Yeon’s character, also hilariously named Jung Yeon, appeared.

The actress wrote, “Jungyeon is watching Jung Yeon!! I compliment Jungyeon on sending a proof shot of her watching ‘Circle’ live, even though she currently has a busy schedule…”

Gong Seung Yeon also revealed that her little sister had previously come to the drama’s set in person along with health drinks for the cast and crew, even though the pollution had been severe on that particular day.

Just last month, Gong Seung Yeon had cheered on TWICE on their newest release, “Signal,” along with an adorably playful message."

Thanks and full credit to all owners/sources.

Me: :D

QUEEN BEE!     :glasses:

CIRCLE : TWO CONNECTED WORLD

it's getting interesting and suspense! this is the first time i watch raw k drama and watch it again with english sub. :glasses:. hahahaha. it keeps me anxious and curious about what will happen. sy and all circle casts did a great job! i'm so proud of uri queen bee! may this drama get 3% rating so everybody can drinks free coffee!

Sy IG

Trans: Are you a person?

Message in album: 
To. Seungyeon unnie <3
Hello, We are Twice!
You're so interesting in Circle~
We hope it's gonna be a really big hit!
We love you always! <3  Cr. gongleeglobal

Me: Sy is a fan too! :D

Jh IG

Trans: Fans sent me a huge gift...ㅎ a large air purifier..ㅎ Thank you^^ I'll use it well <3  Cr. gongleeglobal (Jh edited post and added: Ah, they also gave me a VR head set...) Cr. gkboice

Archived