[OFFICIAL THREAD 1] Lee Jonghyun ♡ Gong Seungyeon [House Of Brownies]

Reen2you

I like to think JH is protecting SY by not posting any photos of them together online.

1. As someone mentioned before, he has A LOT of female fans. Some even stated JH is acting on WGM and a few mentioned how they like SY but not with JH. SY is a relatively new comer on the entertainment scene, She does not need angry fans hating on her. Not having photos of them together online prevents the possibility of the fans lash back. I actually like how JH keeps their Polaroid photos in his phone case. That to me is more intimate then trying to "display" their relationship to the world.  

2. They are already developing their relationship on a very public plate form. If they really want to have a chance of making it to real, I think they need to keep some of their interactions to themselves. As much as I like watching them on TV, I am sure it is quite different for them from having a camera recording every moment to just being by themselves. With the camera there, I doubt they can share intimate information with each other. Anyway I digressed! 

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol!! we and our delusional mind... and @livemusical nice to meet another fan here... btw, I was going over the past episodes and the one that stood out the most is the scene with SY's appa. I really like and appreciate how her dad put utmost importance to his daughter's marriage and family life...even this is a virtual relationship, he felt bad not being able to meet JH's parents...meaning he doesn't take it lightly when it comes to his family. Now I could see the same trait in SY.. no games in important issues.

Wonder if different partners are chosen for them...hmmm..I can never ever think of another person replacing these two...:D

Lol!! we and our delusional mind... and @livemusical nice to meet another fan here... btw, I was going over the past episodes and the one that stood out the most is the scene with SY's appa. I really like and appreciate how her dad put utmost importance to his daughter's marriage and family life...even this is a virtual relationship, he felt bad not being able to meet JH's parents...meaning he doesn't take it lightly when it comes to his family. Now I could see the same trait in SY.. no games in important issues.

Wonder if different partners are chosen for them...hmmm..I can never ever think of another person replacing these two...:D

​yes, I can't imagine SY with a man like Henry's type even if they don't know each other before...  and because JH is manly man, i think he likes feminine girl :D

​I know right! It would be interesting to see the Busan trip, if SY really got to meet JH's parents. But I think it would be really weird if SY met the brother in law but not JH's parents.

I really liked how SY's Appa said he hoped their fate is tied. To also see how worried JH was meeting his FIL was good too, it showed how much he cared. I wouldn't mind seeing SY's Appa in a future episode, I think it would be quite interesting and an eye opener.

@valentvcd, I agree he likes more feminine girls. SY to be exact! lol. I watched Cheongdamdong 111, a reality show casing FNC artists. There was a part where Juniel and JH collaborated together. Juniel is a rather forward and spunky girl, I had this feeling JH didn't know how to handle her. It was amusing and sad at the same time. Let's just say JH in Cheongdadong 111 is not like the JH we see on WGM.

Guest orchidbee02

​I wonder why they still not posting at least 1 of their photo together in IG...

​Most probably not a good idea at the present time....... a few of the comments from fans were downright scary when a commenter mentioned SY in JH's IG or vice versa.....

Agreed, even I got scared and put-off reading some of the comments on their Instagram. It made me realise what FNC meant about being careful of CNBlue's personal fans. Which also probably explains why they haven't been commenting on each other's posts for so long. JH and SY have to be even more careful of their interactions offscreen because of fans like these.

I like to think JH is protecting SY by not posting any photos of them together online.

1. As someone mentioned before, he has A LOT of female fans. Some even stated JH is acting on WGM and a few mentioned how they like SY but not with JH. SY is a relatively new comer on the entertainment scene, She does not need angry fans hating on her. Not having photos of them together online prevents the possibility of the fans lash back.

2. They are already developing their relationship on a very public plate form. If they really want to have a chance of making it to real, I think they need to keep some of their interactions to themselves. I actually like how JH keeps their Polaroid photos in his phone case. That to me is more intimate then trying to "display" their relationship to the world.  

​Couldn't agree more. I have been a fan of an idol group and three of the members joined WGM before so I kind of understand the situation within the fans and how bad the backlash could be.

@valentvcd, I agree he likes more feminine girls. SY to be exact! lol. I watched Cheongdamdong 111, a reality show casing FNC artists. There was a part where Juniel and JH collaborated together. Juniel is a rather forward and spunky girl, I had this feeling JH didn't know how to handle her. It was amusing and sad at the same time. Let's just say JH in Cheongdadong 111 is not like the JH we see on WGM.

​could not agree more... i watched CDD111 also... when he and juniel have to make music video, I know he just being forced.. :D he even asked for minyuk or jungsin to be on video...

It is interesting to see how JH normally interacts with females. Like Choa said, he definitely did not display any sweet talk or gentleness. When JH didn't want to do it, he is quite verbal about it and puts up a good fight. Whereas with SY, he is always very considerate, gentle and full of praises. In fact, I feel like he indulges SY by giving in to carrying all these couple items.  

@jly31 not everybody going to agree with the pro-JY's ...there will always be someone who hate his actions towards SY.. it's either you have to act fake or you have to act cool but never try to show the real you in front of the cameras. That's the life of fame I guess. there's always be a 1% short to the perfection...you win some, you lose some...

Guest ohhotdeym

would just like to express my thoughts right now.. :) 

I personally believe that he changed his phone case. I don't think he uses several phones.. whenever he was spotted in fan photos, he's only using 1 phone. His phone case during their Japan trip was blue. In EP4, we saw that he placed SY's photos in there. In EP7, when they met after the japan vacation, he already changed his phone case to red/maroon. Good thing is when SY checked his phone, her photos were still in there. 

I'm not really a shipper who looks for couple items since I know that previous couples in WGM were doing this too before. Wearing couple items off WGM are fanservices to me. That's why I appreciate the fact that JH isn't wearing the couple bracelet/ring (knowing he's not a couple item kind of guy) because he was being real to himself.

But then the red phone case was different to me. I can't really call the sticker as a couple item, but more of a branding? SY's initials were on his phone for people to see. He brings his phone wherever he goes. It is an essential item that you can never go without. Couple items can be taken off at home. But this sticker on his case will be there with him whenever/wherever. He also can't take it off when no one is looking. (if he did take it off several times at home, wouldn't they tear/be damaged?)

It's not that I'm not upset over the change of phone cases because really.. I value it more than their couple items. Maybe he just wants a new one for a change? Or maybe the red one got damaged? I don't really know.. I just hope that he won't use the red/maroon one in WGM from now on. If he uses it for the next filming, it'll probably lose it's meaning/sentimental value for me...

And before I forget, the black phone case better have SY's photos in there!! Or else... lol :lol:

P.S. In my delulu mind, I think they're having a lover's quarrel too.. Isn't it odd that SY didn't like his posts and just the AOA video? And to think that she's the one who's consistent in liking? And I find it amusing that JH kept on liking her post now. The situation is reversed! hehe ;)

Guest zzzennnn

I'd like to think that he's protecting SY from his "overprotective crazy" fans by using a different phone case outside WGM. I'm more touched that he has her polaroids inside his phone case. You don't have to shout it to the world that you love someone, especially if you're not that type of person like JH. It feels more "real" to me. Just my opinion. :phew: 

EDIT: BTW can someone tell me how to make "mentions" work in my posts? Y'know where it notifies them that I referred to them? I used to love that about the earlier forum.

​You have to pray to the soompi gods for it to work...lol sorry. No but really, It doesn't work most of the time, you just have to type the username again and again until it appear.

​LOL, so its a hit or miss then? ;) Thank you for the response.

Regarding the IG issues and new phone cases...My fellow shippers, I think we probably shouldn't read too far into things like this because it could be that he made a conscious decision not to like all her IG posts, to switch phone cases or not wear his couple items on IG or at non WGM events. He did wear some at one of the FNC events which is lovely...but he might not always because he's known for being both CNB's guitarist/vocalist and SY's virtual hubby on WGM. WGM fans love to ship people but we all know that some idol fans can be very nasty about who "oppa" likes or is associated with. Its possible he's just being thoughtful and cautious about it. If anything we've seen just how thoughtful JH is about things. He really does notice the little things and I think this might be an extension of that.

Lets hold fast for this weekend's ep. Trust me, when he does something that hints at SY or their little WGM conversations I get all excited too. But I think we should probably not get too disheartened if both of them are quieter on IG about things. To me, they are easily the most compatible WGM couple I've seen, but lets watch how all this goes. Slow and steady for our Brown Eyed Babies.:wub:

EDIT: BTW can someone tell me how to make "mentions" work in my posts? Y'know where it notifies them that I referred to them? I used to love that about the earlier forum.

​You have to pray to the soompi gods for it to work...lol sorry. No but really, It doesn't work most of the time, you just have to type the username again and again until it appear.

​LOL, so its a hit or miss then? ;) Thank you for the response.

Regarding the IG issues and new phone cases...My fellow shippers, I think we probably shouldn't read too far into things like this because it could be that he made a conscious decision not to like all her IG posts, to switch phone cases or not wear his couple items on IG or at non WGM events. He did wear some at one of the FNC events which is lovely...but he might not always because he's known for being both CNB's guitarist/vocalist and SY's virtual hubby on WGM. WGM fans love to ship people but we all know that some idol fans can be very nasty about who "oppa" likes or is associated with. Its possible he's just being thoughtful and cautious about it. If anything we've seen just how thoughtful JH is about things. He really does notice the little things and I think this might be an extension of that.

Lets hold fast for this weekend's ep. Trust me, when he does something that hints at SY or their little WGM conversations I get all excited too. But I think we should probably not get too disheartened if both of them are quieter on IG about things. To me, they are easily the most compatible WGM couple I've seen, but lets watch how all this goes. Slow and steady for our Brown Eyed Babies.:wub:

​Sorry to ride on your comment and I totally agree with you on this.  I would just like to elaborate a bit more about 'oppa's fans'.  I'm one myself and I'm just trying to provide more insight from my POV.  There are definitely some unreasonable fans out there who just hates it if oppa is with a girl but the CNBLUE fandom is largely an older crowd (20s - 40s maybe?) and can accept if oppa is dating.  What I think the fans cannot accept is when he is only known for his WGM identity and if everything about him revolves around it.  Case in point, IG likes, IG mentions to SY, couple items (whether he wears them or not), etc.  CNBLUE worked very hard to get to where they are today (musicians, composer, live skills) and while majority of the fans are ok with them being on shows like WGM or even dating, they will not be ok if their identity as musicians get overshadowed by a so-called reel relationship.  To us fans, JH is first and foremost a musician and a guitarist of CNBLUE.  He has worked very hard for it and it would be a shame if after all that, what he is known now is just another cute, dorky and devoted husband in WGM.  I do believe however, that the two identities can co-exist.  As long as shippers still respect that he has a life and friends (yes, even female ones!) outside WGM and let him do his own thing when it's not WGM time.

Having said that, I wouldn't worry too much about the IG likes or the phone case either.  Because really, if he's always spotted with them or he's consistently liking her IG posts, I feel that it screams fan service.  Honestly, how many of us in real life will consistently go and like and comment on a FB or IG post of our significant other?  We've seen in WGM that he's a guy that goes after what he wants.  If SY is really THE ONE, I'm sure he'll pursue her and I feel that he'll do that privately and not under the prying eyes of us fans.  I think that's more real that putting up a show?  Hope I'm not offending anyone with this.    

Edit : seeing that your username is @burningwithlove, I think you're part of CNBLUE fandom too?  If yes, please feel free to correct me if what I've understood about the fandom is wrong or inaccurate.  :)

@mjang about Seungyeons fanbase... I do like the name. However, I think it is only obvious for us fans to immediately recognise the connection. Maybe we could use something like her bear image or Yeon, which means flower in Korean... Perhaps you can think of something good. :)
A certain characteristic could serve well, too.

JH--> Burning from CNBLUE-->Burning Souls. Clever choice!

Maybe we could find something that shows off SY's classical beauty together with her name or something... just an idea though. :sweatingbullets:

Archived