[OFFICIAL THREAD 1] Lee Jonghyun ♡ Gong Seungyeon [House Of Brownies]

Reen2you

Guest mase207

Hello everyone!

I think it's safe to say that everyone can agree with me on this statement: my favorite episode always ends up being the most recent one. These two are constantly outdoing themselves every week, and it's such a pleasure to watch. I have quite a bit to say about this week's episode, so please do bear with me.

So I'm sure many of you have noticed, and @amastris has pointed it out quite well: JH is one heck of a guy. I'll be quite honest with you... he's the type of dude that us guys truly aspire to be. Being a man goes further than just self-acknowledgement. A true man also makes sure that he's a good man to the woman that he loves, and I think JH exhibits this quality extremely well. Frankly, I'm quite jealous of him because he has certain characteristics about him that truly make him stand out as an exceptional guy. He listens well to what SY wants and has to say, he keeps his promises, he appreciates the fact that she is goddamn beautiful and is willing to remind her of that constantly... but what I really respect about him, from one guy to another, is his willingness to change for her and the amount of respect he gives her. From eating oysters to wearing couple items, he has repeatedly shown his capability for changing for SY. For us guys, it is honestly not easy for us to bend that easily and often times we are quite resistant to stepping out of our comfort zones. There are only a few people that we would willingly make the effort to change for... and one of those few happens to be our significant other. When we fall in love with someone, we purposely make the effort of altering our existing ideals and perspectives in order to better match the personality of our loved one. That is clearly on display with JH and SY thus far. Doesn't get jealous? Well, he's getting jealous for sure. Doesn't eat oyster? SY told him to, so he toughened up and ate it. Doesn't like to wear couple accessories? SY went through a lot of effort and heart to make one for him, so he wore it and smiled. It's these types of actions that make me truly respect him and honestly make me aspire to be like him. 

Although he is known for showing his masculinity through his looks, he has also demonstrated that being a true man is also about the mind, and the way you treat others. Mad props to this guy, seriously. Since I'm a straight guy, I'm always focusing on the girl in each couple. Two of my other ships feature my biases. Indeed, I came onto this ship with a much larger interest towards SY by default. Yet I have not seen a male counterpart in WGM that I approve of so fervently. He isn't too forward or rushes skinship, yet he isn't the type to sit there and not show his affection. He isn't quiet and unexpressive. He isn't always trying to show how much of a man he is, but he instead demonstrates it through subtlety and through the nature of his actions and words. It's no wonder SY has fallen for him. I'm pretty sure he could charm the vast majority of single girls on this planet.

Now, time to go back to being a fanboy... woooooooooooooooooowhee, SY was lookin' HELLA fine in this week's episode. I'm liking that there is also a noticeable change in SY as well. She went with the whole cute concept which fit her extremely well, but now she's showing some versatility and changing things up. I swear, she just seems to get more beautiful every week. I find myself falling for her more and more as time goes on. While I did go on about JH's good qualities, SY is a hell of a woman too. Not only is she genuinely kind and hardworking, you can clearly see that she's deeply into JH and because of that, she puts 110% effort into everything. Beautifying herself, finding the perfect couple bracelet for them, and the present with the guitar picks...she makes me go :wub: I can only imagine what it must be like for JH. At the same time, I like how she isn't some helpless wallflower that will suffer silently. You could see that when JH lied down on the bed, SY didn't just go "OH YEAH let me just hop right in bed with you (although I'm sure the pervy noonas in here would like that eh)". Instead, she sat there and looked genuinely at a loss for what to do. I think the whole "get two of them in a bed lying down together" is something that WGM seems to try and push a little too hard at times, which honestly takes away from the genuineness of the relationship. SY's discomfort and reluctance is actually a good sign, because it shows the seriousness that she has when it comes to their relationship. She is approaching this as a real relationship, as is JH. Only difference is that JH is a guy, and us guys tend to be like that... :P

Let me just say once again, I have not seen any couple thus far on this show that are so genuine with the way they gaze at each other and touch one another. I really don't feel like I'm watching a show about virtual marriage. It really seems like they're on a show for idol dating. The way JH led SY into the private dining room with his hands, the way they stared at each other in the elevator and sticking out their tongues at one another while they were waiting for the food (okay this sounds a bit wrong hahaha), and just the way they find so much enjoyment in the little quirks about one another that they like so much. JH wasn't the only one who nearly fainted when SY did her shoulder shrug... I hugged my pillow and cried from how cute that was. Oh, and I am unashamed to admit that I spazzed out at the backhug SY gave. I love girls that also have that bit of assertiveness. Actually, I'm pretty sure MOST guys love that.

All in all, this couple continues to amaze me each and every week. I find myself shuffling through their previous episodes every week just because I have to. They are just that great to me. Hope you all enjoyed reading this, sorry for making it so long. Happy mother's day to all the mothers in the thread!

• Replies 39.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest NoelRuby

Scene when they were eating and JH was exclaiming how good the food was:
In the BRI, SY said that she was initially quite worried if the food was to JH's liking. But seeing JH eating so well and praising the food, she felt that she had found a good son-in-law for her dad.

JH: wife, you look like you are very close to the chef
SY: so?
JH: go and learn cooking from him. I will really love you forever.

(SY's father comes in with the extra dishes and wine)
JH: what is this?
SY's father: (says the name of the dish. some fish i thiink)
SY's father: this dish is made by your mother-in-law [丈母娘] (that's what the chinese subs says, not really sure what it means. Maybe SY's mum is also a chef or maybe she was the inspiration for the dish or something)
JH: what?? (eyes wide in shock)
SY's father: nice to meet you, i am SY's father

​I don't know whether it was mentioned before. After JH asked SY to learn cooking from him. I will really love your forever. 

SY said : We can often come here. (It is quote from the Chinese subtitle)

She offers to come to her father's restaurant later, but not promising she's willing to learn cooking. Is that mean she is no intention to learn cooking? Cos she mentioned before she doesn't like cooking.

I really hope she can learn cooking. HY will be very happy for that.

Sorry for my poor English.

Hello everyone!

I think it's safe to say that everyone can agree with me on this statement: my favorite episode always ends up being the most recent one. These two are constantly outdoing themselves every week, and it's such a pleasure to watch. I have quite a bit to say about this week's episode, so please do bear with me.

So I'm sure many of you have noticed, and @amastris has pointed it out quite well: JH is one heck of a guy. I'll be quite honest with you... he's the type of dude that us guys truly aspire to be. Being a man goes further than just self-acknowledgement. A true man also makes sure that he's a good man to the woman that he loves, and I think JH exhibits this quality extremely well. Frankly, I'm quite jealous of him because he has certain characteristics about him that truly make him stand out as an exceptional guy. He listens well to what SY wants and has to say, he keeps his promises, he appreciates the fact that she is goddamn beautiful and is willing to remind her of that constantly... but what I really respect about him, from one guy to another, is his willingness to change for her and the amount of respect he gives her. From eating oysters to wearing couple items, he has repeatedly shown his capability for changing for SY. For us guys, it is honestly not easy for us to bend that easily and often times we are quite resistant to stepping out of our comfort zones. There are only a few people that we would willingly make the effort to change for... and one of those few happens to be our significant other. When we fall in love with someone, we purposely make the effort of altering our existing ideals and perspectives in order to better match the personality of our loved one. That is clearly on display with JH and SY thus far. Doesn't get jealous? Well, he's getting jealous for sure. Doesn't eat oyster? SY told him to, so he toughened up and ate it. Doesn't like to wear couple accessories? SY went through a lot of effort and heart to make one for him, so he wore it and smiled. It's these types of actions that make me truly respect him and honestly make me aspire to be like him. 

Although he is known for showing his masculinity through his looks, he has also demonstrated that being a true man is also about the mind, and the way you treat others. Mad props to this guy, seriously. Since I'm a straight guy, I'm always focusing on the girl in each couple. Two of my other ships feature my biases. Indeed, I came onto this ship with a much larger interest towards SY by default. Yet I have not seen a male counterpart in WGM that I approve of so fervently. He isn't too forward or rushes skinship, yet he isn't the type to sit there and not show his affection. He isn't quiet and unexpressive. He isn't always trying to show how much of a man he is, but he instead demonstrates it through subtlety and through the nature of his actions and words. It's no wonder SY has fallen for him. I'm pretty sure he could charm the vast majority of single girls on this planet.

Now, time to go back to being a fanboy... woooooooooooooooooowhee, SY was lookin' HELLA fine in this week's episode. I'm liking that there is also a noticeable change in SY as well. She went with the whole cute concept which fit her extremely well, but now she's showing some versatility and changing things up. I swear, she just seems to get more beautiful every week. I find myself falling for her more and more as time goes on. While I did go on about JH's good qualities, SY is a hell of a woman too. Not only is she genuinely kind and hardworking, you can clearly see that she's deeply into JH and because of that, she puts 110% effort into everything. Beautifying herself, finding the perfect couple bracelet for them, and the present with the guitar picks...she makes me go :wub: I can only imagine what it must be like for JH. At the same time, I like how she isn't some helpless wallflower that will suffer silently. You could see that when JH lied down on the bed, SY didn't just go "OH YEAH let me just hop right in bed with you (although I'm sure the pervy noonas in here would like that eh)". Instead, she sat there and looked genuinely at a loss for what to do. I think the whole "get two of them in a bed lying down together" is something that WGM seems to try and push a little too hard at times, which honestly takes away from the genuineness of the relationship. SY's discomfort and reluctance is actually a good sign, because it shows the seriousness that she has when it comes to their relationship. She is approaching this as a real relationship, as is JH. Only difference is that JH is a guy, and us guys tend to be like that... :P

Let me just say once again, I have not seen any couple thus far on this show that are so genuine with the way they gaze at each other and touch one another. I really don't feel like I'm watching a show about virtual marriage. It really seems like they're on a show for idol dating. The way JH led SY into the private dining room with his hands, the way they stared at each other in the elevator and sticking out their tongues at one another while they were waiting for the food (okay this sounds a bit wrong hahaha), and just the way they find so much enjoyment in the little quirks about one another that they like so much. JH wasn't the only one who nearly fainted when SY did her shoulder shrug... I hugged my pillow and cried from how cute that was. Oh, and I am unashamed to admit that I spazzed out at the backhug SY gave. I love girls that also have that bit of assertiveness. Actually, I'm pretty sure MOST guys love that.

All in all, this couple continues to amaze me each and every week. I find myself shuffling through their previous episodes every week just because I have to. They are just that great to me. Hope you all enjoyed reading this, sorry for making it so long. Happy mother's day to all the mothers in the thread!

​THIS ! HAS JUST MADE MY DAY.  You're the knight in shining armor for my previous post. I can't be more happy than reading your opinion as one straight guy ! THANK YOU SO MUCH !!! :)

Guest gingerschnaps

@mase207

wow daebak. i'm always interested in reading a man's POV since its pretty scarce in a shipping forum. By default, girls do more spazzing than men. it was until now that i've seen a lot of male fans in a wgm couple. i guess it would be attributed to the fact how loveable this couple is. I agree with everything you say. your keen observation was well pointed out and i also picked up something from your male stand point. I'm a woman but my admiration to SeungYeon is equal with my admiration with Jonghyun. Yes, i agree jonghyun exudes the right masculinity without being overpowering and intimidating. in their early days people say he is too cheesy but as time goes by i realize that he is just sincere. He is not a shallow person and he keeps on assessing her personality not just admire her beauty. he is not too hungry for skinship, it just flow smoothly without them realizing it. at the short amount of time, he was able to make SY comfortable around him. before you can be comfortable with somebody, you have to trust him first and he successfully achieved that part. SeungYeon for me is every man's ideal girl. i knew from the get go that this girl is really amazing and every week, she proves to become better and better. She don't do push and pull actually. it was more like she keeps on assessing the situation and battling mentally if she would give in now or not yet. i pretty much understand why she still hold back to popo. she still needs more time since they are still not officially "married" yet and maybe wants it to become special, not just kiss randomly. but with regards to trust, i can see she started to trust him when she started getting comfortable around him. She really listens to him well. about the back hug, jh mentioned his request and sy kept that in mind and made sure she granted it even if they didn't bet on it. she gave him a back hug willingly because he deserves it (when he ate that oysters by her request) and at the same time she enjoys it. Even jh was quite surprised because he never even expected it. what made them enjoyable to watch is because i can't see anything forced sweetness between them, they truly appear genuine and i can't help but really fall in love with this couple.

Hello everyone!

​well this can speak for all of us Brownies, guys or gals. Very well said!

Guest sam_girl

it's not a problem if JH not liking pic in SY Ig or vice versa.

i dont think they will lose mutual liking although we know that JH is too busy with drama, concert etc.

maybe they have contacted each other by phone. just think positively.

not everything should be share to everyone in social media. they need private time just like us. right? hahaha =D

relaxxxx n be cool.

destiny never let them apart :P

I wonder if there's a story behind that tongue-language? Seems like they were talking to each other in a language only the two of them can understand. Am I just "reading between the lines" too much?  I find that tongue-language a "SO PERSONAL" thing between them, exclusively between them two, that even the wgm staff can't comprehend.

Today is Mother's day and tomorrow is my wedding anniversary, so I am taking clues from JH and preparing good surprises for my wife.   So, I haven't been able to keep up with what is going on and post much here.

Some quick feelings -

1.  The haunted closet was too much!   knowing how deathly afraid his wife is of such things, how could he put that in 'their' house?  So he could get her to hug him?  To me a little extreme and juvenile.   I'm expecting since 'Wife is King' this will soon disappear from this house!

2. The jealousy thing.  Yeah, I understand it comes up in every relationship.  They are newbies in this relationship.  jealousy will raise its head for both of them.  But it is going to come up for both of them.  Sure, SY took a selfie with her love line guy.  It's part of the work for any drama.   Do you think JH isn't going to have the same kind of pictures with Seolhyun for 'Orange Marmalade'?  It may be a requirement to do photoshoots, fan meetings, BTS selfies for their drama to help generate interest about their onscreen 'couple'.   This will be a requirement for the dramas they will be in.  Whether or not they are in WGM together will not be a concern of the producers/directors of the dramas.  They are getting paid to 'act' for the drama, and as far as the drama is concerned WGM is just another 'show'.  This issue is going to just keep popping up - they need to deal with it as a couple, without all the fanfare.   I know it is probably to generate interest for WGM, too.   But this is getting real for them, they need to find a way to deal with it in their 'real' world. 

3. The kissing thing.  I hope they keep their first real kiss between them - in private.   And I think SY has been keeping that away from JH on purpose, to keep him interested and chasing her.  The same thing with the laying down in bed with him.  Another WGM 'trick' but she is cleverly avoiding it.   Good for her!  She needs to throw ice water on JH's ardor for awhile.  But it seems like SY's dad has already given them the 'go ahead' for hand holding and kissing (per translations of previews) so this may not be far away - maybe even next episode in the Ceci photoshoot?

4.  I was a little disappointed they didn't talk more about SY's singing at the beginning of this episode.   That had to be so extremely difficult for her to expose her feelings and actually commit to singing for him on national television, I think it should have gotten more emphasis in the filming.

Anyway - have to go - keep up the excellent work Brownies!   We'll be back in our real home soon!!!!!!!!            

i dont think they will lose mutual liking although we know that JH is too busy with drama, concert etc.

not everything should be share to everyone in social media. they need private time just like us. right? hahaha =D

relaxxxx n be cool.

Speaking of contacting by phones right, I was watching yesterday's episode (in chinese subs at 4AM HAHAHAHAHA) and seungyeon prepared a bottle of guitar picks for jongyeon as a gift. She said there's a hidden message and it turns out to be 내꺼♡ (mine). Jongyeon immediately picked that out to be the hidden message and I was wondering like HOW did he knows THATS the hidden message. Maybe its also because its the only korean words among the others which are printed with english words? BUT A PART OF ME ALSO FEELS LIKE ITS WHAT THEY SAVED EACH OTHER NICKNAME AS IN THEIR PHONES T_________________T Of course we don't know if they have already exchange phone numbers but when I saw 내꺼♡ I just thought it suits them soooooooooooo much and it seems like something they'll do? TT SORRY JUST HAVING TOO MUCH FEELS RN 

Hi!

I created an account because I just wanna say I've found heaven here TT TT TT since the first episode of jongyeon I've been lurking on the jongyeon tag on twitter & tumblr and I literally cannot find anyone to spazz with!!!

I randomly come across someone saying sth about jongyeon soompi forum on twitter and I'm so happy that I found this place TT I've been backtracking the pages and I just wanna say YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! y'all made me notice things I didn't and now I'm just rewatching them again & again TT and brownies who gave us translations, and shared little moments of jongyeon with us, I'm so thankful!!!

I really hope I can make friends with more brownies!! :> I really love reading all of your comments & replies so I can say for sure I'm here to stay!!! 

Rooting for our jongyeon couple together with the rest of you :"D 

​HI THEREEEEE :D

I've already be in your shoes back then hihi. So welcome !

​Thank you for the welcome!!!!! hehehehehe ♡

@isocode can you translate the part of jh talked about her drama

After he looked at her script,​

"Oppa, did you see my drama that just came out?"

"of course i watched it"

"what did you see?"

"you are becoming prettier, though? why is that?"

"maybe because i have a lover in the drama"

"What did you say?"

"i am just starting to act." (not sure about this line, i translate as literal as i could)

"i saw, the photo"

"you took a photo with your bf in the drama"

"what? oh, the photo?"

"come over here"(bringing her to the ghost house to punish her)

"Don't Don't, i know i was wrong"

"so you won't do it in the future?"

"Not that, it was acting"

"the act is good, but why do you take the photo after the filming is over?"

​GOOD!  He should be equally as aware as her.  hehehehe.... No taking pictures with your love-line AFTER the filming is over & posting it on IG!  Good idea!

Now that you mentioned it. Where did sy post the photos of her and her co star? In her ig? Or fb? i recall seeing those photos somewhere in her sns but when i looked it up again, there are no photos of her n her co star anymore either in her ig or in fb? Did sy delete it after that? If yes, she reallly considerate to her husband. She knows her husband is cutely mad at him about the photos and that's why she deletes it? What do you think guys??ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

She never posted that pic on her sns ig or fb, that pic was visible only nrver and hittg's drama sns, fb drama page.....so i think if he said that he saw the puc....maybe because jh checked news about his wife on web ;)

​so sweet.. the possessive handsome kind of husband,,,i love it. i think SY just trick him to make him jealous nothing else.. the lead man is less handsome a lot than uri husband... JH dimples smile is killing me..LOL.

​Well.... If you are a fan of K-Drama then you'll know that the reason Kim Kwon looks like he does is because of his role.  If I was JH I'd be a little "jealous" of him too.  I'm not saying this because I think he more attractive than JH, I'm saying it from what a jealous man with a pretty "wife" who is around other "attractive" men might think about.

Kim Kwon is a newbie actor himself but he established himself as an up-and-comer playing the "sexy" role of Kim Hye-Eun's young "boy-toy" she is having an "affair" with and, frankly, their role was rather "passionate" together.  If any of you saw the JTBC show "Secret Love Affair" with Kim Hee-Ae & Yoo Ah-In you'd know what I was talking about.  It was a very "Adult Themed" show.  ...so SY tells JH that she's not playing the role of a "High School Girl/Student" [she's 23 but he's 26 still playing these innocent roles, most likely due to his fan-base], and she tells him she's in a "mess" and then he finds out her NEW love-line is a dude who played a guy that had a hot & heavy AFFAIR with a OLDER married woman. ....Uh....Frankly, if I was JH I'd be a bit possessive at this point as well...  Just go back a replay his reaction over just the "concept" of her having a "one-night-stand".  SY was very clear that she didn't actually have a "scene" showing it, but it STILL bothered JH to have that "concept" aired about his "wife".

I'm just gonna take this pause in the IG saga with a grain of salt.  It seems like both of them have been busy with their work. Plus who knows,  they probably have been contacting non stop privately. We all know that JH is a private guy. 

Did anyone notice how frightened SY looked when JH said to his dad that only he can compliment her beauty.  Her smile completely dropped as soon as he said it but then she realized he said it with good intentions.  So cute. 

About the jealousy thing in this episode.  SY wasn't the one that brought up the drama topic. It was JH who saw the script first and they ended up discussing about it.  

Btw I've been trying to look for the couple bracelets on their IG posts but both have managed to keep their wrists out of the pics everytime. LOL.

I agree @IAmSoulReader. They are constantly in each other's personal space, so it shows us how comfortable they are with each other. There are times when SY pulls back, but usually she does it to observe JH's facial expressions.

Exactly! 

I think the level of skinship between these two is progressing naturally. Realistically, if I may add another word to describe it.

I want their first real kiss to happen on their wedding day! Shocks, the feels! Can you imagine their faces? Jonghyun's smile? Seungyeon's shyness? :wub:

And so far, my most favorite JH BRI:

JH BRI: No matter how i thought of it, it's so pretty. She is really an amazing woman. I seem to have said this before: "like is like, why must we purposely create something." but now, i am keeping it. why do i like this feeling of being tied down?

so after a thorough discussion of who should give that couple bracelet hahaha, we found out that it really did not matter. What matters is the amount of affection that was put in the act of giving. Seriously, the bracelet and guitar picks for jh were one of the most meaningful gifts I have known, even in real life. And jh to have that green acupuncture mat, the interior design, and the guitar. Not to mention the song he is composing for her. I would give a thousand couple items to the person who would compose a song especially for me.

And yeah, jh basically showed his views on couple items. Like is like hahaha, no need for things like a couple item. But because sy gave it to him, he's keeping it and then he realized, he likes the feeling of being branded as hers. Oh jong hyun-ahhh!!! 

I really don't know. I tried so hard to be realistic because this is just a show. But the feels they're giving onscreen is just too naturally sweet to be scripted and not too dramatic to be fake. 

​What you said ^^^here is beautiful.  I feel 100% the same way.

Guest jmaster19

relaxxxx n be cool.

Speaking of contacting by phones right, I was watching yesterday's episode (in chinese subs at 4AM HAHAHAHAHA) and seungyeon prepared a bottle of guitar picks for jongyeon as a gift. She said there's a hidden message and it turns out to be 내꺼♡ (mine). Jongyeon immediately picked that out to be the hidden message and I was wondering like HOW did he knows THATS the hidden message. Maybe its also because its the only korean words among the others which are printed with english words? BUT A PART OF ME ALSO FEELS LIKE ITS WHAT THEY SAVED EACH OTHER NICKNAME AS IN THEIR PHONES T_________________T Of course we don't know if they have already exchange phone numbers but when I saw 내꺼♡ I just thought it suits them soooooooooooo much and it seems like something they'll do? TT SORRY JUST HAVING TOO MUCH FEELS RN 

That was the only pick using hangul character on it, the rest is in english I guess

Scene when they were eating and JH was exclaiming how good the food was:
In the BRI, SY said that she was initially quite worried if the food was to JH's liking. But seeing JH eating so well and praising the food, she felt that she had found a good son-in-law for her dad.

JH: wife, you look like you are very close to the chef
SY: so?
JH: go and learn cooking from him. I will really love you forever.

(SY's father comes in with the extra dishes and wine)
JH: what is this?
SY's father: (says the name of the dish. some fish i thiink)
SY's father: this dish is made by your mother-in-law [丈母娘] (that's what the chinese subs says, not really sure what it means. Maybe SY's mum is also a chef or maybe she was the inspiration for the dish or something)
JH: what?? (eyes wide in shock)
SY's father: nice to meet you, i am SY's father

​Wow I wonder what it could be. Maybe the mother-in-law was there and made the dish but was camera-shy? Maybe the father brought it from home? Either way, what a welcoming gesture. Does it mean they like JH a lot already?

Well, to be honest we are only getting like 12 seconds of a preview from them and it's hard to know everything that'll be included in their next episode.  I don't really think this will happen but I think it's either, that final special dish served with the wine was prepared by her mom but the circumstances didn't lend for the mom to be there on camera OR the mom will come out afterward OR it's mistranslated from Chinese subs and he was saying FIL not MIL prepared it. 

Guest Hickk

Did anyone notice how frightened SY looked when JH said to his dad that only he can compliment her beauty.  Her smile completely dropped as soon as he said it but then she realized he said it with good intentions.  So cute. 

Yes yes yes! She was totally afraid he was gonna ruin his first impression on dad. tried to get him to stop with her 'why why why why??'

I just watched their duett part again. It was so full of emotions. You could tell she really didn't want to do it. Who would like to face all the memories from SM - even worse - on national TV? I guess JH didn't really know all the reasons behind her first reaction. He just thought she would do well and he wanted to encourage her and hope for them to grow closer over music. His presence must have somehow put her at ease. You could hear that she was nervous but she did really well despite not having any confidence in music anymore.

To me she looked like someone who really missed doing something that she used to love a lot. It's like someone who fell down from a horse and was too scared to get on again after being badly hurt. But then again, music isn't something she could ever unlearn/forget about. It is a part of who she is. I think she only realised how much she had actually missed singing until she was already doing it. She was embarassed since she said she would never sing again earlier. However, I find that she somehow also looked thankful to him for giving her the opportunity to remember her talent and love for music.

And I simply can't get over the way JH was looking at SY at the end. His eyes were like sparkling! I was just waiting for some hearts to pop out like in a cartoon. :P He seemed so amazed with her. (I was, too. If I wasn't a girl my heart would have probably skipped a few beats as wellxD). She looked so vulnerable but he made sure she would not give up in the middle of it. He reassured her; watching him I even thought his presence seemed somehow protective. I think she felt it too and understood that she really can depend on him.

What moved me the most was that JH propably didn't even realise then that he somehow managed to make her surpass a really bad memory by creating a new, really nice one till afterwards. It was just his instincts that lead the way. 

Also I wonder if they might have said something on BRI that could have (indirectly) adressed the fall out with SM. Maybe that's why they didn't air it...

​^^^^I do <3 what you wrote here... and I agree the JH was very protective of SY. But I have to disagree with you that he didn't know her hurt.

I had posted before, you have to watch the 3-4 seconds before he brings the topic up for her to sing.  He looks as if he is deciding whether or not to approach this topic with her.  I believe SY hit him, the "love tap", subconsciously and, for me, the meaning of it was "why are you telling me to do something you know I want to avoid", knowing that their EQUAL give/take would lend her to not say "No" completely to a request.  

Based on JH's "Hwaiting" comment about JY from SY's IG post and the fact that on their first meeting he knew she had TRAINED with Henry for at least NINE YEARS, and the hardships he has gone through with CNBlue and the realization that SM in NINE YEARS has debutted f(x), to which Henry is VERY close to their members, and RV.  JH is no dumbie.  He knew that if Henry has TRAINED with her for NINE YEARS that she's been being PASSED OVER numerous times for debutting....

....and then she introduces herself in their first meeting ONLY as a noobie ACTRESS, JH asks if she likes music, SY says "Jazz" [something completely 180 degrees from what she was training to sing], and JH asks if she plays an instrument and SY says "NO" very adamantly.  If you are an SM Trainee you HAVE TO learn an instrument.  There's no getting around that.  If you are a singer you still have to ACT. Why? Because many idols get placed in CFs and TV Dramas.  They have to have an OVER ALL performance structure.  So..... JH knows how the industry works.  He is very clear on that.  So to say he didn't know that she has a BIG WOUND around singing... for me, I just can't see that.  I don't believe that for a minute.  I see that he knew exactly what he was doing when he asked her to sing on NATIONAL TV.

...sorry... that's just my take. 

Guest adamliaw88

Hi guys,

I had been watching all the posts for quite a while but this is my first time posting..

i will help with subbing since I know Chinese and  the Chinese sub of wgm will come out a lot faster... I will start helping with the next eps :) cheers  and yes they are REALL <3

Archived