[Drama 2016] Descendants of the Sun 태양의 후예

alleverything

1 hour ago, SeGafanlady said:

HUL.. DAEBAK.... I wish I can send those kind soul subbers buckets of Kentucky Fried Chicken.. jheongmal sugohesoyo! 

Have you ever had Babes chicken? It is way better than KFC. Let's them those instead. Hahaha. They're really fast with sub for DOTS. 

• Like 4

Doctors scoff at more scenes from 'Descendants of the Sun'

song-joong-ki--song-hye-kyo_1458749905_a

Looks like doctors are having a blast watching 'Descendants of the Sun' - because they love pointing out the ridiculous medical scenes in the melodrama!

The drama might be extremely popular at the moment, but it seems far from medically accurate as an online community post has pointed out the ridiculousness of some of the recent scenes.  The most criticized scene was the abdomen surgery that took place outdoors despite the risk of infection - not to mention, right next to a truck that was covered in dust.

The poster pointed out that there was no point in performing a surgery if the inside of the body were to get infected.  On top of that, the person stated that surgery had to be performed in an aseptic room no matter what.

Another scene of Song Joong Ki performing CPR on Song Hye Kyo brought up objections, stating that it seemed like he was not even thinking of saving her life.  The Korean Association of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation recommends a ratio of 30:2 when it comes to chest pressure and mouth-to-mouth, but this was shown as 5:1 in the series.

Netizens who read this post stated, "Even though it's a drama, this makes too little sense," "The medical practices in the drama are so far from reality that I'm unable to get immersed [in the drama]," and more.  However, other people stated, "You have to take into consideration that it's a drama.  Also, the patient who got the abdomen surgery had no other method as a choice."

What are your thoughts?  

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/03/doctors-scoff-at-more-scenes-from-descendants-of-the-sun

i'm not a doctor!!!I just love this drama and  our otp scenes ...

• Like 8

I really liked this episode. I prefer the action-packed episodes. I was wondering when the real villain was going to show up and I like how they introduced him into the main story. His character is too interesting to be on the sideline for too long. DY can't catch a break and it's sad seeing how happy MJ was too. Her career is so important to her and she has her own ambitions so I doubt she'll be happy about the compromise her dad proposed.

I might be in the minority, but after all that buildup and all that running that kiss was a bit anti-climatic. I wasn't expecting them to make out or anything Iol. It was filmed beautifully, but the gas station and the wine kiss were better. All the OTP scenes after the phone confession were adorable and I'm glad she's not running away from him anymore lol. I love how she tugged on his arm to say bye when the general dismissed her. SHK needs to do more comedies.

I just noticed all four of them have really pretty eyes in this episode.

• Like 15

5 hours ago, joongkyo said:

Everyone don't kill me if I'm wrong but when Shi Jin first kisses Mo Yeon on the truck does he end the kiss by biting her lower lip?. I was just re-watching the scene and it really looks like that to me. Wow, passionate much? :wub:

Hahahah... Yeah. That's what I thought too I think he did. Gawsh. Both of them looked like they just needed a room for themselves. Like pronto. :phew:

• Like 12