Emperor of the sea (songilgook)

Hello! It's so great that you created this thread, about Emperor of the Sea  with Song Il Gook's character high lighted.
I've watched it some time ago and I loved it. It was marathon watch in a week or so because it is a 50 episodes drama but it make me stay glued to the screen. Although Song Il Gook character was the second male lead, or to be more exact he was in the villain role I loved his acting. In fact, he was the first character that made me have the second lead syndrome :).
I believe this it was his first major role in a historical drama and he did a great job playing the character of Yeom Jang , a sea pirate of whom he had a huge rising success among viewers and fans. His love for lady Jung-Hwa was impressing because he loved her all his live and stayed devoted to her unconditionally. I remember a scene where she told him (*on the verge of despir) that he could have her (her body) making him more sad because he didn't want her body as an empty shell, Yeom Jang wanted her love.
 I don't know how to say what was the best scene in the drama without spoiling too much.I have a scene at the ending, but another scene that moved me was when he was marked on the forehead :( . That moment was full of suspans and heart break for me . I liked everytime he was fighting as his character is depicting a very skilled sword man and fighter. And finally, i must admit that also his looks counted a bit. song Il Gook is so attractive that is hard not to fall for him.
Trying to remember this drama really makes me want to watch it again.

tumblr_mq90wdkqB21rjsmp2o9_1280.jpg
tumblr_mq90wdkqB21rjsmp2o3_250.jpgtumblr_mq90wdkqB21rjsmp2o2_250.jpgtumblr_mq90wdkqB21rjsmp2o4_250.jpg
tumblr_mq90wdkqB21rjsmp2o6_250.jpgtumblr_mq90wdkqB21rjsmp2o7_250.jpgtumblr_mq90wdkqB21rjsmp2o10_250.jpg
tumblr_mq90wdkqB21rjsmp2o1_250.jpgtumblr_mq90wdkqB21rjsmp2o8_250.jpgtumblr_mq90wdkqB21rjsmp2o5_250.jpg

source: palefirecrowned.tumblr.com/

https://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbt3geCGjs1rh8zato1.mp3#_=_

You leave me
It can come to us…
I didn’t know that separation could come
maybe my love wasn’t enough
maybe it was lacking. I’m sorry for everything

but telling me to live as someone who doesn’t know you..
telling me to go meet other new people
the reality of your words doesn’t sink into me yet
you leave me… how can you leave me…

please don’t do this… look at my sadness
what do you want me to do with this regret?
i want to turn back time. don’t leave me
i miss you so much that my heart will explode

I’m left alone like this
but you are coldly frozen up
why aren’t those words sinking in?
you leave me… how can you leave me?

i could’ve given you everything by now
i was gonna make you happy and carefree
it hurts… i miss you so much
if i wait like this, you’ll return…

i didn’t know i would be alone again
i stupidly thought you would be the last in my life

(Don’t do this please) i really love you
i was gonna make you happy and carefree
I was gonna do everything for you
i want to turn back time. Don’t leave me
i miss you so much that my heart will explode

source: sloonstarius.tumblr.com/

~one of my favorite songs

Hello, I saw this saguek a long long time ago. It was perhaps the first k-drama I saw. There was nothing to watch on tv and I kept changing channels. Then I saw these wonderful costumes and sword fights. The greatest martial arts performances!  There was a channel at that time WMBC that had a weekend drama, and during the week another weekly drama.  WMBC still exists as a regular broadcast channel but does not show k-dramas, you have to go to their cable channel to get that.  
My memories of Songilguk, hmm, that is so long ago. I remember his sword dancing in the night. And, of course, I remember the betrayal part he played in the end. 
One of my favorite parts of the drama is the gladiator scene, when the two friends have to fight each other until one is killed!  And with great skill and knowledge, the final slay - avoids all vital parts of the body and he is wrapped in a death shroud but alive.  

Archived