[Drama 2015] Falling For Innocence 순정에 반하다

larus

Guest ilchul

nazzy1109 said: finally one day tomorrow without any annoying class or lab !!!
it is the start of another year in my country.......and the beginning of summer......so to every chingu here from me & my country

gonna back read now, missed out a lot !

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ilchul said: larus said: I can`t wait for this week episodes. But I am a little worried. Why the doctor said that his heart beats are irregular? I know that his heart beat rises when is around Soon Jung but why is he in a hospital again? He collapsed from what I see. Writer, don`t give me palpitations!

Guest ilchul

larus

said:

ilchul

said:

larus

said: I can`t wait for this week episodes. But I am a little worried. Why the doctor said that his heart beats are irregular? I know that his heart beat rises when is around Soon Jung but why is he in a hospital again? He collapsed from what I see. Writer, don`t give me palpitations!

I think he is trying to confess. He looks so vulnerable at that moment and with that innocent face. Yeah, I agree. He never confessed his feeling to anybody (except for hate) and he doesn`t know what to say. I want to see that scene now! :)

Guest ilchul

larus said: I think he is trying to confess. He looks so vulnerable at that moment and with that innocent face. Yeah, I agree. He never confessed his feeling to anybody (except for hate) and he doesn`t know what to say. I want to see that scene now! :)

ilchul said: larus said: I think he is trying to confess. He looks so vulnerable at that moment and with that innocent face. Yeah, I agree. He never confessed his feeling to anybody (except for hate) and he doesn`t know what to say. I want to see that scene now! :)

Guest ilchul

larus said:
ilchul said: larus said: I think he is trying to confess. He looks so vulnerable at that moment and with that innocent face. Yeah, I agree. He never confessed his feeling to anybody (except for hate) and he doesn`t know what to say. I want to see that scene now! :)

I wonder how long you will be able to love a man who's fallen to the bottom. This quote makes me thinking about the man who's fallen to the bottom. Minho maybe said it to Soonjung about Dongwook but it makes me thinking the man is Minho himself. Will he fall to the bottom or maybe he's failure to destroy Hermia ?

@12blbl Great you also think that the writer's take of cellular memory is that it's similar to a haunting. I think the PD wants to convey this message, too. You can have a look at my lens flare post. And the male lead character's name is KANG Min-ho.

@ilchul I agree with you that Min-ho now understands the (Jeolla-do?) satoori! Considering how he called Dong-wook "Japanese", the fact that now he understands the words of an ahjumma who speaks in the same satoori is quite strange and fantastic.

I think if he didn't understand the ahjumma's words, he would've shown the same reaction as when he brawled with Dong-wook. But here, he gets what the ahjumma says (which makes him angrier at her, LOL!).

Guest gammiron

I just rewatch episode 4 with subs, and somehow I came to a realization during the scene where Soonjung was drunk and Minho came to save her from tripping. The fact that she is able to identify Minho even in drunken state makes me hopeful that no matter how much he reminds her of Dongwook, she will love Minho for the way he is and not just because of Dongwook. Also in that scene Minho points out that she's actually weak but pretending to be strong. I hope he will keep that in mind, because as we know it, Soonjung is a master of faking smile, but behind those smiles, she must be having some difficult times. I hope he'll be able to use that knowledge to notice whenever she seems to be in trouble without her having to speak it up (although at this stage I'd doubt she would ever do that). If he can do that, he'll be able to bring himself closer to her, and perhaps some time later he'll become Soonjung's go-to whenever she has problems just like Dongwook was. After all, this is a healing drama, so there better be healing scenes and lines for the characters and us coming up next!

Oh, but of course, we already have one healing line: even though happiness passes, but so does sadness. I'm going to remember this line for a long time.

@ruzikie The "hitting rock bottom" line made me think of the same thing, too..that someday those words would come back to bite Min-ho. That he would hit rock bottom and Soon-jung would have to decide whether she'd stick with him or not. I remember that @Iarus also thought about those words like we do.

@miriamdream2 My expectations about any confession scenes are low haha. I'm more inclined to think it's another messed up apology or anything. But I'll be happy if I'm wrong about this.

@Iarus I'm also interested in the woman who gives orders to Soon-jung in the preview. If this means Soon-jung will have to take sides soon, I'm looking forward to watching her dilemma. And I wonder what will Min-ho and Joon-hee do about this.

Speaking of apologies, in Ep4 when Min-ho finds a drunk Soon-jung, did I hear it right that he apologize to her? "I'm sorry for [what happened] today"? I was so happy with how she calls his name just like that, with no hierarchal restraints.

Falling for Innocence: Episode 4 by HeadsNo2 | April 13, 2015 | 10 Comments

innocence4-00297.jpg

Tensions abound when our heroine gets recruited as Min-ho’s personal secretary, which turns out to be way more physically and emotionally taxing a job than it should be. Poor Soon-jung can’t take one step without getting herself into trouble this hour, and while she’s got one white knight with a dark streak, she also a has a ten-year-old boy to babysit instead of a boss. I’d normally say good luck, but when the universe has it out for someone like it does for Soon-jung, sometimes it’s better to just get out of dodge. Dramabeans

Guest anuyoes

Some tips for you who watch this on DF, the subs are available every tuesday morning KST (monday midnight GMT). DF releases two eps at once. This is the same pattern as they did for Maids, the drama preceeding FFI.

*DF is a bit late but IMO I prefer DF over Viki for this drama*

selenette said: @ruzikie The "hitting rock bottom" line made me think of the same thing, too..that someday those words would come back to bite Min-ho. That he would hit rock bottom and Soon-jung would have to decide whether she'd stick with him or not. I remember that @Iarus also thought about those words like we do.

@miriamdream2 My expectations about any confession scenes are low haha. I'm more inclined to think it's another messed up apology or anything. But I'll be happy if I'm wrong about this.

@Iarus I'm also interested in the woman who gives orders to Soon-jung in the preview. If this means Soon-jung will have to take sides soon, I'm looking forward to watching her dilemma. And I wonder what will Min-ho and Joon-hee do about this.
Speaking of apologies, in Ep4 when Min-ho finds a drunk Soon-jung, did I hear it right that he apologize to her? "I'm sorry for [what happened] today"? I was so happy with how she calls his name just like that, with no hierarchal restraints.

The scene where Chairman Kang is slapping Soon Jung ( and in front of many people no less) was the last straw of my watching tolerance. I have to rant. Again. Once again Soon Jung was caught on the middle of this fight between "titans". Min Ho was indirectly responsible for the chairman`s rage against Soon Jung. She is all professional and a loyal employee of Hermia. Min Ho put her again in a very hard position (he did that the moment he chose her as his secretary).  Min ho is now working for Hermia as one of the executives.  He is using this position to take Chairman Kang down but Hermia too? I know that probably, knowing Soon Jung`s loyalty to the company, Chairman Kang must have had ulterior motives to accept that Soon Jung will become Min Ho`s secretary. I know that her character is built on loyalty and fairness, on respect for the people who work hard like her for the company. She must have been working in good faith, from Min Ho`s secretary position, for Hermia. I think Min Ho will experience for the first time the consequences of his actions for others. Trying to do what`s best for you is not always without a collateral damage. She can not win, either she supports Min Ho or Hermia ( and implicit Chairman Kang).  People of Hermia will get hurt, they will be the collateral damage in this fight. 

It sucks to be an employee in Korea Kdramas, especially to be a woman employee, especially a secretary.  

I could observe through characters, from their dialogues/ actions, the working environment in corporations, the day by day problems of ordinary people, family interactions.

Soon Jung is loyal to Hermia, to its people. In this company her father worked almost a life time, she worked there as well all her youth.  We don`t know much about him. He is the traitor in some eyes (he did wrong, of course) but in the same time we know that he valued the former Chairman`s principles, he guided her daughter according those principles. Second, it is the whole environment that left a mark on people. I read about different aspects of Korean culture, to try to understand better the situations presented in kdramas. Watching this drama, it validates many information I receive indirectly.

There are articles that talks about the experiences of foreigners working in Korea. The conclusion was that "understanding how Korean organizations and businesses operate is beyond the comprehension of most expatriates, and insisting on understanding will only result in exasperation."

Korean corporate structures are notorious for their top-down approach and rigidity. Some experts even compare corporate Korea to an army division; such is the influence of military service and authoritarian leadership on the corporate landscape. 

A byproduct of such rigid corporate structures is constant and unnecessary reporting to senior directors, as soldiers to a superior officer. Teams will brief department heads weekly, and sometimes even the board of executives on a regular basis. Also, if a director wants to know about something, regardless of whether it is of concern to their project goals, a team leader will be forced to present a report to the directors, usually within a very short time-frame. 

Soon Jung is a friend with Joon Hee from the childhood but she has to be careful how he addressed him in the company.  (the rooftop scene)

It is expected that employees to spend many hours at work. (Soon Jung was worried that her party interrupted their busy schedules at work.  That event was in the evening for gods sake!. 

-     It was a scene with the young secretary, crying.  She got in trouble with a head of a department because of her light pink nail polish. Soon Jung with a higher experience reassured her that everyone made mistakes. I don`t want to imagine how Soon Jung felt when she made that mistake in the past. (she had to support the verbal abuse, the rage of her boss and after that she was left there alone? :-O Secretaries are not allowed to drink or eat things that smell.(information from ep 4)  Because they are working many hours that means they are allowed to do that only on vacations? She said: "Because of this job,  I could not even get congratulatory drinks when I started, when I attended the funeral I could not drink either." Yeah, that was her pity party but we can make a picture of how strict these job requirements are.  

Korean workers are judged more on following the orders of their boss than on completing a particular group of task. 

I give an example. It`s silly because we know why Min Ho made such an unreasonable request but it is not far from the expectations of being a loyal employee to the extreme.

tumblr_nmsgr1RtG81sdd1ivo1_540.png

tumblr_nmsgr1RtG81sdd1ivo2_540.png

tumblr_nmsgr1RtG81sdd1ivo3_540.png

tumblr_nmsgr1RtG81sdd1ivo4_540.png

For me it is like a Joseon court, with Chairman Kang the king, the directors like advisers (high court ministers and the women and the rest of the employees their servants..

Even their children had  taken into account the hierarchy (they  are afraid to play with the little Soon Jung)

"I am not the Vice President daughter, your son has a higher position than me , I should be one speaking formally to you, why do you spoke formally to me?" she said to Joon Hee`s father. 

Beside slapping, let see other intentions of Almighty Chairman Kang.

tumblr_nmsgr1RtG81sdd1ivo5_r1_540.png
tumblr_nmsgr1RtG81sdd1ivo6_r1_540.png

:-O

Now, let see two faces of the same coin.

The merciless Kang....

tumblr_nmsgr1RtG81sdd1ivo8_r1_540.png
tumblr_nmsgr1RtG81sdd1ivo9_r1_540.png

and the playful Kang junior...
tumblr_nmsja1sMTv1sdd1ivo1_540.png
tumblr_nmsja1sMTv1sdd1ivo2_540.png

I will borrow Woo Shik` s words ( I love him:)):

tumblr_nmsgr1RtG81sdd1ivo7_r1_540.png

At this point, I want both to lose in this battle. One Kang is not better than the other. Until Min Ho grows as a character, I accept the third party to win. The problem is (like Soon Jung will discover soon) that third party is not better either. They will come with their own greed and selfish ambitions. They all say that they are better than predecessors but it's just different clothes but the same manners. Like in politics. But that doesn`t mean that people should not try over and over again to change what is wrong. I am curious what the writer prepared for Soon Jung. What will be her mission in the coup. If that`s what we are going to see.

Archived