[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

@gerrytan8063
Thank you so much for commenting from the Land Down South. I appreciate your replying in details with much information as always.
There is no hurry. When you return home and have time, I look forward to hearing about the benevolence deed of the Princess that has been praised in the history. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lee Yeon-hee stands on the risky side in order to save Seo Kang-joon

2015/06/15 | 53 views | 0 Comments | Permalink | Source

photo603171.jpg

On the 19th episode of MBC's Monday & Tuesday drama, "Splendid Politics", assassins trying to kill Jeongmyeong (Lee Yeon-hee) appeared.

Joo-won (Seo Kang-joon) in place of Jeongmyeong was stabbed by one of the assassins and fell down. Jeongmyeong allied with Gwanghae (Cha Seung-won) to find out who were behind the assassins.
Jeongmyeong decided to talk to Heo Gyun (Ahn Nae-sang) face to face. When Joo-won woke up from coma, he explained to Gwanghae about Jeongmyeong's profound ideas.

Jeongmyeong went to talk to Heo Gyun and made him confused with lies. Jeongmyeong told him, "I've been chased down. They think I've been secretly communicating with you. Do you know anything". She also asked him to help her get out of the capital city. Heo Gyun tilted his head in doubt.

Source : osen.mt.co.kr/article.. 

@gerrytan8063, what ceremony was that where Gwanghae was walking with all the ministers in his formal robes with the square hat with the hanging beads? It looks like he was visiting someone's grave. He looked  so kingly and royally gorgeous, whew.... I could just faint. Where is that by the way? Is it a historical park?  

@gerrytan8063, what ceremony was that where Gwanghae was walking with all the ministers in his formal robes with the square hat with the hanging beads? It looks like he was visiting someone's grave. He looked  so kingly and royally gorgeous, whew.... I could just faint. Where is that by the way? Is it a historical park?  

Hi @zenya22

While waiting for Gerry, let's see if I can be of help. 
I think that was the Royal Ancestral Rite and Ritual which the descendents of the royal family pray for the eternal peace of the ancestral spirits. In the drama, you can see  Gwanghaegun stood praying in front of the royal tomb of King Seonjo ( Gwanghae's father). This ancestral ritual ceremony is still a major part of life in Korea, China, Japan etc.

donggureung04.jpg

King Seonjo's tomb, Donggureung Tombs in Gyeonggi, South Korea

Gwanghaegun was dressed in the traditional costume a Joseon king wears for official ceremony such as at a coronation when crowned a King. I suppose that square hat is the Crown. The same attire is worn at royal wedding ceremony with the exception of the round white collar ( I think ) seen in this episode is for the ancestral ceremony.

Image result for coronation of joseon king   Image result for coronation of joseon king

Image result for wedding of joseon king   Image result for coronation of joseon king

Guest ororomunroe

June 15 Ratings:

Hwajung - Nationwide #10 10.7% | Seoul #4 12.4%
High Society - Nationwide #18 7.7% | Seoul #15 9.1%
School 2015 - Nationwide 7.5% (not in top 20) | Seoul #18 8.1%

Cr: AGB Korea

Episode 19

7d89400e7bec54e74d2182eabc389b504dc26aa8[1]

The Message: Preceding King...Memorial Day....Journey to Neunghaeng

Hwaseong_Neunghaeng_Banchado[1]

The illustration (Banchado,반차도) of a Neunghaeng procession. This is Jeongjo Neunghaeng to Crown Prince Sado tomb (Yungneung) in Hwaseong. It took him 8 days to Suwon

Neunghaeng is a Royal Possession of a journey to the tomb usually to a preceding King or late father. This is part of the Uigwe (의궤 - Royal Protocol & Ritual). Events are recorded in text & illustrations

Preview to Episode 20 (end clip)

Heo Gyun waiting in anticipating for a massive explosion but doesn't get it, as he throws his tantrums

Heo Gyun: What is happening there?...Why is there no massive explosion to be seen...why is that!!!!

Kim Gae Shi looks anxious

Hong Joo Won looking around

Soldiers & guards running aroun hwa Yi Do Gam, as Gwanghaegun voice his anger to Yi Yi Cheom that Heo Gyun tries to blow up the Bureau of Arsenal & FIrearms

Gwanghaegun: How dare they to think that they can once & for all destroy Bureau of Arsenal & Firearms (Hwa Yi Dogam, 화기도감,火器都監) & I together

Hong Joo Won taking care of Princess Jeongmyeong after the explosion

Kang Joo Seon v/o: There is 2 choices for you to choose but you only can select one

Kang In Woo looks dumfounded

Gwanghaegun with Heo Gyun

Kang Joo Seon v/o:.... to succeed or perhaps to fail

Gwanghaegun meeting Kang Joo Seon at a stone bridge

Heo Gyun among the bushes

Heo Gyun: It can't really end like this

Kang Joo Seon pats his son shoulder

Kang In Woo: What is happening here....why is that you & Gyosan are seen to be doing here

Kang Joo Seon taking a musket from his men as he sets off

Kang Joo Seon: Go & inform the King, now it is the time to arrest the traitors

Gwanghaegun waits

Kang Joo Seon aiming his musket

Hong Joo Won some private moment with Princess Jeongmyeong

Hong Joo Won: As for me, what is most importance to me now is to you Mama (마마) & your safety & wellbeing

Gwanghaegun listening in

Kim Gae Shi with her men. Men shivering holding to a packet

Kim Gae Shi: Bring that person to the palace...at once

Kang Joo Seon leaves

Queen Dowager Inmok worries

Queen Dowager Inmok: Jeong Sanggung...the Princess?

Yi Yi Cheom looks shock

Princess Jeongmyeong is a new change of clothes (men) ponders

Gwanghaegun speaks....

Gwanghaegun: Are you saying...that the Princess is still alive.....

@zenya22

"Gwanghae was walking with all the ministers in his formal robes with the square hat with the hanging beads"

ff7a84d98d1001e94ddc8efbbd0e7bec56e7979d[1]

You can rent this for W5,000 for a photo shot at Chongdong Theatre near Deoksugung. I have a photo wearing this Kingly robe with the crown & was formerly my soompi avatar before the Soompi change of server

@zenya22

"Gwanghae was walking with all the ministers in his formal robes with the square hat with the hanging beads"

You can rent this for W5,000 for a photo shot at Chongdong Theatre near Deoksugung. I have a photo wearing this Kingly robe with the crown & was formerly my soompi avatar before the Soompi change of server

@gerrytan8063,  I remember that avatar from the first born thread..

When I was reading your preview translation to ep 20 did I miss something I thought Gw already knew who Hw was.. 

@valsava

Kim Gae Shi must have inform him that Princess Jeongmyeong is alive...

Gwanghaegun had always wanted to keep Princess Jeongmyeong's existence away from Kim Gae Shi & Yi Yi Cheom knowledge

@gerrytan8063  So these idiots may set out to try and kill her again.. SMH

I'm still thinking about your avatar I thought it came from a drama wow It looks really nice Gerry.. You really look like you could have been a King in that Era..

Archived