[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

Guest purpledrama

​@cedarwood,  I know just what you mean I'm holding out until later tonight I always save the best for last before drifting off to sleep.. BTW will you also be watching 6 flying dragons.. 

I'm in the middle of 17th episode - wow! The drama keeps its quality. It truly is a masterpiece.

I'll probably watch 6 flying dragons (trying to watch Tree with deep roots). Why?

​It needs to: it's 50 episodes!  It's doing really well, and I'm so impressed.  Also, Lee Yeon Hee's acting is good, so I'm amazed at her haters. 

​Agree with both  of you, when I heard this was 50 episodes, I thought for sure first 20 will be a drag...but it has nice pacing and stays exciting each episode.

Lee Yeon Hee is fine(acting and looks heheh), never understood at all the hating from netizens:blink:

Can;t wait to get off work to watch the episodes...

I know i thought being 50 episode drama maybe was too long but each episode is great how the story is developing how each character growing.. and how king Gwanghae rule korea in that time and think was good king even do he had many against him... 

I think Lyh haters are just mad she keeps getting leads with great actors i just see that website giving those comments and not even the website is giving bad comments about her are just the haters... well i dont care im LYH FAN and so far she is doing good and this week episodes she demonstrated it .. 

And yes our Ja Gyun is back i knew it so happy

%ED%99%94%EC%A0%95.E06.150428.HDTV.H264.

TNFalD5.png

Yes love it love it our princess now will be more safe ;) 

And episode 18 rating was 11%.. i think from all dramas for this week well until today is the highest :) 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, wait, wait…Ja Gyung is back???? Really??? When??? How do you guys know?  I'm so lost…do i need to watch episode 17 and 18 to find out?  Or, did u guys find out from an article or something? LOL… sorry, i'm just REALLY excited to hear about this… as you guys know, he's the next Tal Tal for me…and you know that Tal Tal was one of my favourite characters in Empress Ki… xD

Guest purpledrama

Wait, wait, wait…Ja Gyung is back???? Really??? When??? How do you guys know?  I'm so lost…do i need to watch episode 17 and 18 to find out?  Or, did u guys find out from an article or something? LOL… sorry, i'm just REALLY excited to hear about this… as you guys know, he's the next Tal Tal for me…and you know that Tal Tal was one of my favourite characters in Empress Ki… xD

@lucel18 yes he is in episode 18

SPOILER! !!!!!

Almost at the end a guy was looking for Hwayi in the Bureau sulfur i think that's the name where Hwayi was working well we couldn't see his face but we all know was him :)  

Thank you, @purpledrama!!!! I took a peak towards the end of episode 18 and yes! I saw him!!!  He's the only one we see so far who always carry that dagger and the one with the really broad shoulders…LOL…I couldn't contain my squeal! i'm so psyched for the next episode!  LOL

I haven't watched this week's episodes yet but was curious so I just went to the end of Ep 18 to check it out.
See, I told you, back when he fought the Japanese for Hwa Yi to run away, he is not going to die and will come back to find his princess no matter what.
Ja Gyung is Princess Jyeongmyeong's warrior body guard. He is going to protect her til the end. 
:) 
The princess survived and made it back to Joseon, thanks to him!

I haven't watched this week's episodes yet but was curious so I just went to the end of Ep 18 to check it out.
See, I told you, back when he fought the Japanese for Hwa Yi to run away, he is not going to die and will come back to find his princess no matter what.
Ja Gyung is Princess Jyeongmyeong's warrior body guard. He is going to protect her til the end. 
:)

​@smp567,   I had been intending to ask about he friend in Japan that helped her escape but thanks for the update on him glad he didn't die and made his way back to Joseon.. Maybe he will end up being her bodyguard for real..  

Guest MaknaeC

I'm glad that they show us the reason why Gyosan wants to bring down GH so much. He has his own reason like most people on this story. So it helps us understand him better and prevent us to hate his character blindly.

As for the love triangle (or maybe quadrangle? since we know Jagyung is back. But I hope not, don't add something like love quadrangle to the story please writernim), actually I'm not #TeamJoowon or #TeamInwoo since I'm more focus to Gwanghae and the Princess's relationship (I'm #TeamGwanghae haha). But since I know that Joowon will become JM's husband in the upcoming episode, I think I should feel the chemistry between JM and JW, too bad I didn't feel it up to episode 17 because they just didn't work for me. But on episode 18, the moment HY wore women's clothes, also when JW wanted to reach HY's hand but at the end he step back after he knew that she's the princess, I feel some sparks of their chemistry. I hope it's a good sign that their chemistry will become better from now on, since based on history they're the main OTP after all.

I also want to highlight Queen Inmok's hatred towards GH. I understand what she feels when GH didn't give her the death penalty. Instead of feeling relieved she even wondered why GH did that to her, she suspected that the king must have another plan behind all of this and she told her daughter that she shouldn't trust the king at all. It's understandable because after all, GH once betrayed her. From now on too I believe that the writernim will follow the historical record about the relationship between Queen Inmok and Gwanghae. So I expect that when GH deposed in a coup and after Injo was crowned, this drama will add the scene where GH was forced to kneel before Queen Inmok in the court in front of Seogodang and was questioned for 36 crimes he's accused of before the royal seal was transferred to Injo. I want this drama to visualize that heartbreaking yet epic events that really happened in the past based on historical records (eventhough I'm sure when it happened I couldn't be able to hold my tears, poor Gwanghae :( )

​@smp567,   I had been intending to ask about he friend in Japan that helped her escape but thanks for the update on him glad he didn't die and made his way back to Joseon.. Maybe he will end up being her bodyguard for real..  

​Hi @valsava   Yeah, he can't die or who is going to protect the princess.  She needs a Tae Kwon Do's black-belt bodyguard (definitely not Joo Won) to kick those baddies. 

" Maybe he will end up being her bodyguard for real.. "

That is not a bad idea, chingu.    :)

From now on too I believe that the writernim will follow the historical record about the relationship between Queen Inmok and Gwanghae. So I expect that when GH deposed in a coup and after Injo was crowned, this drama will add the scene where GH was forced to kneel before Queen Inmok in the court in front of Seogodang and was questioned for 36 crimes he's accused of before the royal seal was transferred to Injo. I want this drama to visualize that heartbreaking yet epic events that really happened in the past based on historical records (eventhough I'm sure when it happened I couldn't be able to hold my tears, poor Gwanghae :( )

​@MaknaeC   Great comments!
But Oh no, I don't really want to see Gwanghaegun being punished in court in front of Seogodang ( though it's the historical fact ).  The king had done so much for Joseon I wonder those 36 crimes were so condemnatory as to depose him...
Guess we have to prepare tons of tissues then!

Guest MaknaeC

From now on too I believe that the writernim will follow the historical record about the relationship between Queen Inmok and Gwanghae. So I expect that when GH deposed in a coup and after Injo was crowned, this drama will add the scene where GH was forced to kneel before Queen Inmok in the court in front of Seogodang and was questioned for 36 crimes he's accused of before the royal seal was transferred to Injo. I want this drama to visualize that heartbreaking yet epic events that really happened in the past based on historical records (eventhough I'm sure when it happened I couldn't be able to hold my tears, poor Gwanghae :( )

But Oh no, I don't really want to see Gwanghaegun being punished in court in front of Seogodang ( though it's the historical fact ).  The king had done so much for Joseon I wonder those 36 crimes were so condemnatory as to depose him...

​Actually I also doubt that I'll be ready to see that scene, but if the writernim can make a good storyline about this matter, I'm sure that scene can become one of the best epic-emotional scenes on this drama. So, I'm still waiting for it.

Yeah, I guess all we can do is just prepare so many tissues. Our poor Gwanghaegun >.<

Here you go.  Enjoy!

as tagged

If I didn't know better, I'd have thought this guy was the male lead, the way he gets so many ( including moi ) all excited! :P

​YESSSS!!! I've seen the episode in the middle of the night (finished at 2 a.m.) and when I saw him I was like bursting with joy (stopped myself - ppl around were sleeping). I know we couldn't see his face but we all know who he is. 

Other things - the scene of king and the ministers debating on queen-dowager's fate was awesome. I love what Cha Seung Won did in that scene. Yay! This is Gwanghae I love! :):):) 

And In Woo's fight scene, sword, 4 guys against him... and he still was the one obvious to win. :D 

That was also written in the Deoksugung Palace booklet page 6

Seogeodang (석어당,昔御堂) - Scene of Queen Inmok house arrest & Injo restoration of Rectitude in 1623

Queen Dowager Inmok, wife of Seonjo 14th Joseon King, was confined in Seogeodang for 10 years (1614). Ascending to the throne , Gwanghaegun remove those brothers (siblings - elder brother Imhaegun & younger brother Grand Prince Yeongchang) who he considered as a threat to his throne. He also deposed his sptemother Queen Dowager Inmok & place her under house arrest in Gyeongungung palace (presently Deoksugung Palace). This action was the excuse use by the Seoin Faction in opposing to Gwanghaegun's reign as the pretext to his dethronement.

After the success of the 1623 Retribution of Rectitude Revolt in deposing Gwanhaegun, Prince Neungyang (soon to be Injo) visited Queen Dowager Inmok at Gyeongungung Palace to obtained her endorsement of his legitimacy to ascend to the throne. It was Seogeodang that he was crown as King & becoming the 16th Joseon Monarch as Injo.

Gwanghaegun was force to kneel before Queen Dowager Inmok in the courtyard in front of Seogeodang & was questioned for 36 crimes he was being charge & accused before the Royal Seal was transferred to Injo

74564938[1]

Frontage of Seogeodang (석어당,昔御堂)

22820440[1]

Signage of Seogeodang (석어당,昔御堂)

@lucel18 yes he is in episode 18

SPOILER! !!!!!

Almost at the end a guy was looking for Hwayi in the Bureau sulfur i think that's the name where Hwayi was working well we couldn't see his face but we all know was him :)  

​I  missed this!  Must re-watch.

​Although I love the actor, and although I otherwise think Gwanghae was a good king, because of his horrible choices regarding the Grand Prince and the Princess and the Dowager, I want to see this.  

Alright guys, went to sleep last night finishing this weeks episodes.

It was my favorite set of episodes so far!

When the princess was telling Joo Won and Gwanghae, that entire scene was awesome the way it overlapped.

The way the princess memorized Joo Won's words when they were kids was so sweet!

But the real problem for me, is I think I like the In Woo fellow much more, he has more depth and is very interesting hahah.

Either way can't wait till next week with Jagyung coming back and see how the king deals with Gyo.

Archived