[Drama 2015] Hwajung 화정

ChelseaS

"For the upcoming episodes the story definitely will be more intense since we're not too far from 1623 where GH was deposed in a coup.

I'm also curious whether they will show us about GH when he's in exile or not. I know that after GH was deposed the story will focus to Injo-Jungmyung. But it would be nice if they show us the interaction between the reinstated Princess Jungmyung, the deposed king Gwanghae, and the successor king Injo. "

@MaknaeC I am hoping they will show Gwanghae in exile too and I think they might as following gerrytan's post Gwanghae was moved out to Jeju from the first place where he was exiled to during the invasion of the Manchus. Injo and his cronies were afraid that the Manchus will look for and find Gwanghae.. Cha Seong Won I think is very good in portraying the conflicting emotions of Gwanghae in exile and that is something to watch for. Like you, I do hope they will show him in exile.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just for fun.  :P

Who is the cutest of the three guys above?
Joo Won,  In Woo,  Hwa Yi ?

​In Woo , I started to love him the most ( Second lead Syndrome kekeke)  :wub: !

but sure Innocent upright Joo Won is so fun to watch :D

hwajung_photo150603113625imbcdrama0.jpg

hwajung_photo150603114203imbcdrama0.jpg

hwajung_photo150603105305imbcdrama2.jpg

화정-HD Photo TopStarNews.Net

l_2015060202000135200022571.jpg

MBC

@wangnyeo
I feel her life will be more fun and joyful if she's with In Woo...  
A man who holds her hand with a firm grip...  What do you think?

If I were her, I'd rather be with the guy who had me as the priority over politics...

hwajung_photo150602142744imbcdrama1.jpg

20150602001106_0.jpg

@SMP567

"Well, Yi Chum and Kim Gae Si were just the typical of that era ( greedy and shortsighted). They were not the trend breaker like their king was!

Yi Yi Cheom (이이첨,李爾瞻 1560-1623) the baddy that is associated with Kim Gae Shi in the drama

In history Yi Yi Cheom had it bad, arrest while fleeing to Gwangju, he was executed at the age of 64.

Yi Yi Cheom family was given the sentence of family extermination (the punishment involved the execution of all relatives of an individual, most associated with the crime of treason)

​@gerrytan8063

If the history is the same as the drama, this Yi Yi Cheom full of greed killed so many of Gwanghaegun's family and the ex-prime minister who was the king's mentor. And who else he is yet to kill later.

No wonder we hear the word 'treason' often used for political punishment. It is such a great way to uproot all disease associated with a bad trace.  Lesson to learn, never build a family with a baddie in sageuk or you stand a chance of being wiped out not only you but all innocent family members.

The thought just gives me a chill to think that In Woo is the baddie Kang's son!  
:(

@SMP567

"If they keep on making films about Gwanghae and Injo, we might be able to witness the day that Gwanghae is given a temple name and vice versa."

There is no one in that authority to render Gwanghaegun a temple name in modern times, although as I mentioned in previously, there is an unofficial bestowment

The Bureau that confer temple name " The Bureau of Rites" (Yejo, 예조) or Hongmungwan (Office of Special Advisors,홍문관 弘文館) no longer exist

Gwanghaegun with a temple name (묘호,廟號) of Hyejong (혜종,惠宗) & his posthumous official title is 혜종 경렬성평민무헌문대왕 (惠宗 景烈成平愍武獻文大王- Hyejong Gyeong Ryeol Seong Pyeong Min Mu Heon Mun Dae Wang)

For Queen Munseong of Ryu Clan, she had been bestowed as Queen Hyejang (혜장왕후,惠章) & her posthumous official title is 소온사헌혜장왕후 (昭溫思獻惠章王后 - So Eun Sa Heon Hyejang Wanghu)

The tomb had been upgrade to King's tomb with the given name Yeolneung (열릉,烈 陵)

​@gerrytan8063 

It's rational that laws and rules are created to be revised over time to adapt with the changes in a country. 
Hopefully one day, the modern Korea can make it fully official for Gwanghaegun's title of 大王( Dae Wang) to recognize his life-time work and wisdom little appreciated at that time and to learn from the mistakes of their people so as not to repeat in today or the future.
That way, it's even much better since the Bureau of Rites was not functioning normally nor making sense with both Gwanghae and his successor. 

gwanghaegun-tomb1.jpg

20060214172457199000.jpg
The tomb of King Gwanghae and his queen

Sure hope we could see more of Hwa Yi since it is not even half way thru the series yet...

Now that her identity is coming out, though it will be nice to see her in beautiful hanbok from now on, I'll miss her boyish look and her intelligent action as a sulfur expert and smart trader.

Hopefully, we get to see how she utilizes her talent and brain during the time Joseon is in turmoil.

<화정> 화기도감 속 이연희, "어려운 유황제련법도 술술~" 이미지-1

Love the smart and tough woman she is !

Sure hope we could see more of Hwa Yi since it is not even half way thru the series yet...

Now that her identity is out, though it is nice to see her in beautiful hanbok from now on, I'll miss her boyish look and her intelligent action as a sulfur expert and smart trader.  Hopefully, we get to see how she utilizes her talent and brain during the time Joseon is in turmoil.

Episode 17 Preview

Credit: MakeMe 5uprise.

​Oh my, I can't wait for next weeks episodes!

Dang, princess looks great in hanbok! :wub:

But like SMP said, I will miss the princess as Hwa Yi, hope we get to see more of her as she is now.

My guess is Joo Won will not know her real identity for a bit longer, but In Woo will be convinced she is the princess from here on out.

Princess Jeongmyeong tomb (정명공주묘지,貞明公主墓誌) in Hwadong-myeon (화동면), Sangju-si (상주시), Gyeongsangbuk-do

18338744590_de30897f6a.jpg

이대성비문[1]

Hi @gerrytan8063 

Do you know what it says on this stone?

Guest purpledrama

Episode 17 Preview

Credit: MakeMe 5uprise.

Thankkkkk you for the video next week episode wowew im in shock the princess dress as girllll

cute-emoji-funny-hearts-Favim.com-233202

And we see there will more conflict with Gwanghae and all his opponents i think will be having more love it ..

Guest KangHae143

I know I'll sound so dumb saying this but ..

I ship InWoo x Hwayi (They have better Chemistry)  .. and Gwanghee x JooWon xD

Gwanghee & JooWon relationship is srsly DIVINE, Gwanghee told GaeShi that he trusts no one, that none of his Dolls like Humans whom are working for him are worthy his Trust but indeed he has shown JooWon his secret weapon and that's just too good to be believable tbh, so basically I can tell Gwanghee does trust JooWon, not fully but still He trusts him .. All in All, I'll go down with this Ship *---------* 

Guest purpledrama

I think that Joo-won and the princess will marry for politics but also for love because it seems when she was a teenager she had a crush on him and asked him to marry her to save her brother also even now she only trust him the most and only thinks of In-woo as a player and doesn't really know him or spent time with him as much as she has with Joo-won. She even recognized Joo-won when they met in Japan but didn't recognized In-woo when they met again, that means she never forgot Joo-won. That's What I Think.

@Misstwilightfan1416 I agree, However the princess is pragmatic in her observation when they were in Japan that Joo Won made a split decision to save the sulfur first and her second. Of course Joo Won did not know then that Hwa Yi is a she and she was rhe princess. However that alone told her that for Joo Won his country comes first. She witnessed Joo Won was willing to sacrifice his life to save his king because he believed in the king's purpose. I think that Joo won will eventually fall in love with the princess. As in drama style I think that Joo Won and the princess will have rocks thrown there way and as the princess will get to know In Woo she will be charmed by him. How can she not? There is also the ever faithful and handsome Ja Gyeung yet to come. We will have lots of drama with this romance but will be fun to watch.

@zenya22 and @ misstwilightfan1426 im with both of you but i do think too that joo won first wanted to be in this area about politics defending what is right and of course having righteous king... and he kind thinks Gwanghae is becoming one .. princess does trust him and o kind think she has feeling for him remember she had crush on him when she was teenager... And now In woo even do at the beginning she thought he was a player i think now she thinks different since he helped her when they had the problem with the sulfur and the way he treats her i don't know if she has feelings for him but i do think she thinks different about him now..

Gwanghee & JooWon relationship is srsly DIVINE, Gwanghee told GaeShi that he trusts no one, that none of his Dolls like Humans whom are working for him are worthy his Trust but indeed he has shown JooWon his secret weapon and that's just too good to be believable tbh, so basically I can tell Gwanghee does trust JooWon, not fully but still He trusts him .. All in All, I'll go down with this Ship *---------* 

​@Salma El Makhloufy

Nothing wrong. It's straightforwardly natural. You'll be surprised to know many feel the same  :)

Joo Won is probably only a few left near Gwanghae who is still clean and wants to do the best for the country.
As for In Woo, though we know his fate with the princess, you just can't help wishing him happy with the girl he likes. 

​@salma-el-makhloufy,  You have to admire GW way of politics JW understands all to well what GW is trying to do and the sad part about it is IW his so called friend will listen to his dad and follow what he wants and JW will believe him and still end up getting those troops sent to China and the puppet King sitting on the throne and yet IW will be stab in the back by his on father when the princess choose not to marry him and his father knew it all a long that his son wasn't going to marry her.. I even think IW dad may marry him off to a girl from Ming since he so close to the court there..  

@Salma El Makhloufy, I think your observations are very smart LOL....I have always shipped Gwanghae and Joo Won, they are MY OTP for the first parts of the drama but as far as the Princess, I like all the guys Joo Won, In Woo and Ja Gyeung, so I am on the fence since the romantic rivalries just started, but I am leaning towards In Woo for now

이대성비문[1]

@SMP567

Madam Jeong (Myeong) wife/spouse of Poongsan Hong clan (풍산 홍씨 豊山洪氏)

Bestow, erected (贈,증) with grace (嘉) & virtuous (善) by Minister to Ministry of Personnel (Yijo Panseo,이조판서吏曹判書) - Hong Man Yong (홍만용) eldest son of Princess Jeongmyeong

2nd Minister to Ministry of Taxation (Hojo 호조참판戶曹參判) - Hong Man Hyeong (홍만형) 2nd son of Princess Jeongmyeong, member of the Household of (Joseon) Yi clan's (Royal Household) Tomb

Archived