Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

@maiwun I agree! Like more situations/relationships could've been better developed and explained... 

Hahaha I'm sure you'll improve in no time! You're at least better than me, i only know really basic words/phrases T^T hahaha

ah what a bummer, if you wanted to get it we could've ordered it together??? hahaha

• Like 2

I found this Chinatown movie review from KoreaHerald. I hope this is not off topic because it's still related to Bogum. This is general review, not specifically about Bogum's role.

Life in its harshest form in ‘Coin Locker Girl’
Updated : April 28 2015

Kim Hye-soo and Kim Go-eun star in “Coin Locker Girl” (CGV Arthouse)

Darkness and isolation are the two constants in “Coin Locker Girl,” the feature-length debut from director Han Jun-hee. It is a crime drama -- violent, unpredictable and thrilling, but even amidst its unexpected twists and turns the film never strays from its central message: life is a hard, solitary endeavor.

That theme is counterintuitive to the fact that the central characters in the film call each other a “family” despite having no biological relation. In fact, it isn’t clear at first what the relationship between these characters is, or what they do together.

“Since this is a noir crime movie, I thought that the audience would develop prejudices about the characters if I showed what they do for a living from the beginning,” said director Han, speaking at a press preview at CGV Wangsimni on April 20. “I wanted the audience to see them first as a family. A strange family.”

Heading the family -- which is later revealed to be a vicious crime ring specializing in loans and organ trafficking -- is Mother (Kim Hye-soo), a cold, calculating woman who rules the dark underworld of Chinatown in Incheon. She has two “sons” and two “daughters,” her henchmen who scatter across the city to collect loan payments and to beat and torture defaulters.

Kim Hye-soo stars as Mother in “Coin Locker Girl” (CGV Arthouse)

There is no camaraderie in this family, no current of loyalty that underlies the blood-stained transactions. Mother tells her children repeatedly and outright, “When you become useless, I’ll kill you.”

Of the children, the film focuses on Il-young (Kim Go-eun), a girl whose name means “1-0” -- named for the number of the coin locker she was abandoned in as a baby. After she is sold to Mother as a child, she methodically carries out Mother’s horrific commands to stay alive. She never questions her place -- until she meets Suk-hyun (Park Bo-gum), the son of a debtor who shows her kindness and a life other than the one she’s known.

However, through a series of events Il-young is taught once again that she can lean on no one, that she can only trust herself in this dog-eat-dog world. In essence, she comes to understand Mother’s state of mind, and the audience realizes that Il-young is becoming the woman she hates so much.

Throughout the film, the audience is teased with plot developments that never quite pan out the way they’re expected. There is no big moral or turning point, when darkness turns to light, or Mother finds her humanity. Chinatown always remains Chinatown, full of despair. The stark picture of the futility of hope is emotionally tolling, but captivating all the same.

Kim Go-eun stars as Il-young in “Coin Locker Girl” (CGV Arthouse)

“Life is always hard, with just a few good moments to keep us going through the hard times,” said Han. “I chose this particular town, with its unique colors, because I felt it reflected that sentiment best.”

Han’s choice to have the events of the movie unfold in two leading female characters -- an unusual decision for a crime drama -- was also a conscious one, designed to amplify the mercilessness of life.

“I think that women are stronger than men. They don’t make excuses for themselves, and they don’t have regrets,” he said. This strength, embodied in Mother and Il-young, are a welcome departure from the typical role female characters have played in past crime dramas. They are not dependent on the men around them; in fact, they do not and cannot depend on anyone, and rely solely on themselves for survival.

“Coin Locker Girl” is a fast-paced movie dotted with violence, yet it feels heavy and methodical because the audience realizes intuitively that it will be consistently dark and despairing until the end. This impressive debut from Han Jun-hee -- invited to the Semaine de la Critique at Cannes this year -- opens in local theaters Wednesday.

By Won Ho-jung (hjwon@heraldcorp.com)

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201504281659344525764_2

After read this review, at least now I understand more about this movie..

Edited by fleurofjasmine
  • Like 2

@fleurofjasmine That's a nice review :) I think at first watch, a lot of people might miss the point of the movie (like how I did...) 

Btw, we'll be subbing Music Bank MC cuts altho using KBS translations, so if you guys want to watch just check our masterlist~! :D There's a lot to do so it'll take a while till we catch up TT

@fleurofjasmine That's a nice review :) I think at first watch, a lot of people might miss the point of the movie (like how I did...) 

Btw, we'll be subbing Music Bank MC cuts altho using KBS translations, so if you guys want to watch just check our masterlist~! :D There's a lot to do so it'll take a while till we catch up TT

Thank you very much maiwun and @bogummysubs team!!! I really really apreciate it.. I already checked @bogummysubs twitter account :)

@vannie05 yeppp there's a re-gramming event i think... hahaha i think you just need to choose which style you like most and regram it and add tags?? not sure OTL

Anyway subbed Bogum's Ending Message for IRY~!! :D  

Since Bogum thread is quite active now, i would like to say special thanks to @ kaiskloset  for opening this thread and early contributor @dr25 ( we are still waiting for your comments about "bogum acting @ Hello Monster" after you view:) and all bogum fan like me who try really hard to make this place to share bogum news. [...]

thank you all:)

Thank 'you' chingu for Remembering Me XD You're so kind. I apologize for this long post beforehand. After marathoning I Remember You aka Hello Monster I tried backtracking from page 6 but I'm still far behind so here are my overdue comments on both the show and what you guys said in previous pages.

I Remember You/Hello Monster Post Marathon Thoughts :D

ix1G4bc6SpQIN.png

This was my first proper glance at creepy BG/Min *shivers*

I was through with the drama within a week as I thought. I’m writing this two weeks after I’ve watched the last episode. The drama in general is very decent, I think the treatment it received  was pretty unfair. It should’ve been better received. It is pretty convenient/ironic though for a drama that centered around unfair things happening to nice people to receive such low ratings, sadly. Anyhow, that aside here is a commentary on Bugummy’s role throughout the whole 16 episodes:

Ah yes he's 0retry creepy in HM.. But a cute creepy. Lol. He's awesome there, going from serious creepy looks, and then goes all smiley or pouting. Urgh. Too cute for good. Lol.

I didn’t get it when you first told me, but he was in.deed a cute creepy murderer. How in the world did he pull that off?! I’ve always had a soft spot for badies. Hannibal, Death Note’s Light Yagami, Bridal Mask’s Kimura Shunji , A Man’s Storys Cha Do Woo and a few more. Each one of them has a good reason that makes one sympathize with him or root for him or at the least wish that he doesn’t get caught too soon. Park Bo Gum’s Min-aa had all these characteristics plus cuteness. I have never in my life seen a cute killer. That’s crazy. One fan described Min as PBG’s best roles; I’m not sure if a comparison is possible but it’s indubitably his most layered character to this day. If layered makes best then this is his best role. I just loved him in all his roles, I can’t objectively tell.

Let’s start with the reason I sympathized with him. Lol well, basically almost everything he does makes my biased fangirl heart sympathize with him but I mainly felt for the kid Min who longed for his brother too much. That’s his entire story as he stated in the last episode. It’s sad. I don’t know if he qualifies for a psychopath if he has such deep feelings for someone. They say psychopaths don’t have feelings. He clearly does. In the scene when he first visited his family's house for a lunch with his brother his watery eyes were perfect. He didn’t cry but he was obviously moved. He just won't (or) can’t let it show. Poor thing. I’m sympathizing alright.

iFw9LA4tZ8F3v.png

immBLhgYdr3R5.png

You can see both sadness and anger in his eyes.

Every moment with his brother post the recognition face-off was cute. I think the crucial thing here that allowed us to see the cuteness in a freaking serial killer is (other than he’s Bugummy so he’s organically cute :P) that we never saw him actually kill anyone on screen. We know from his words that he did but we’ve never seen him torture anyone for instance; he was always an angel (doesn’t matter if he faked that most of the time). That’s also why I didn’t want him to get caught. At least not too early. He would never rape a passing girl in the street just cuz he felt like it, no. He’s a killer true but there’s yet some sort of a moral code he’s been following all these years. He said it, “I’ve only killed bad people”. Those who abandoned people whom they should’ve loved instead. Now, to kill someone cuz they ‘abandoned’ someone is an extremely radical thing to do but judging by Min-aa’s killings the ‘abandoning’ he means is death or whatever causes death to the one being abandoned. So he only kills killers. This is where it gets really interesting. What makes a killer? If he kills  killers does that make him as bad as them? What about those who are assigned by governments to perform capital punishments on criminals, killers too? We can say that those criminals punished by the system got a fair trial that lead to that, unlike Mina-aa’s victims. The thing about Min-aa is, however, he’s a lawyer. He can conduct his own trials within his head and come up with a verdict according to the law he studied where he punishes those who slipped through the cracks or somewhat manipulated the law at the courts to get away with their crimes. We know from the number of beads he killed 9 people at least. Nevertheless we only know about his last victim. Let’s see if he deserved to be killed.

ibl8nohDdmqTYj.png

The chairman guy, who bragged to a bunch of lawyers he had in his house about a murder incident where ‘someone’ (probably him) got away with murder by manipulating the law. Making a deliberate murder seem accidental. Of course Min-aa deliberately didn’t let him live happily ever after XD. Min-aa also intended to kill the parents who ignored their adopted child till he died in consequence of being brutally beaten. So…was he that much of a dreadful person? I for one don’t think so. He wasn’t an angel of course and yes he took law into his own hands which is wrong and chaotic but but but he was willing to stop if his brother wanted him to which shows that he wasn’t a killer starving for blood or killing because he couldn’t stop or because he thought it was fun. Killing was pretty systematic to Min. He doesn’t see why it was the wrong thing to do to those who deserved it nor does he regret his actions but he’s not gonna do it anymore for his brother’s sake. Like awww he’s letting go of his rule to make his brother happy. I know I know this is pretty twisted but I’m being honest here. He’s not that awful a killer. I swear.

[...] IRY is the 1st drama I saw of him and he stole my heart with his brilliant acting skills,

to make it simple I ended up feeling that he's my little brother that I want to help and protect even knowing that he's wrong, that's how great he was and how bad I fell for him

[...]

I totally feel you now. Exactly!

Which leads us to the grand question, “Will a happy ending be possible?” AAAAA T___T I was soooo sad when Uncle stabbed him. I knew he’s a killer, it’s only fair that he dies this way but still it pained my heart. I didn’t even mind the nonsensical ending that says he survived. Lol he was pretty dead to me as he was to Hyun-aa. Super Bogummy LOL. Anyhow he chose to pay for his ‘kills’ not ‘mistakes’ to stay next to his brother. Awwww. I don’t care what others say. Cutie killer indeed. Hahahi. Glad he got his happy ending, for better or worse.

iSmToF3MmigOE.png

Min-aa’s character got me interested in MVs making again. Last video I edited dates to 2012. I don’t even have Sony Vegas installed on my laptop anymore but I sooooo wanna vid this character to emphasize its sweetness and creepiness! I spent so much time listening to different songs til I found the most suitable one. Hopefully my enthusiasm won’t fade away by the time I actually sit down to do it XD

What I want to say after the (to-be-continued) backtracking spree:

i busy browsing abut him and  found  his recent pictures & news  there

park bo gum vietnam fan page facebook" (https://www.facebook.com/Parkbogumvn) and "FY park bo gum" ( translation for his twitter) and http://prkbgm.tumblr.com 

thank you for the tumblr fan blog link omg it gave me life....

Check out the 'About' section, I just about died from how down to earth and sweet he is :wub:

I checked it. Enjoyed every bit of it except the part where he said his ideal type should be good at cooking cuz then my chances are next to zero XD He also mentioned a video he sent to all the important agencies when he was in high school in which he sang and plaid the piano, I think this is the video he mentioned. BGumies pre-debut video:

yeah..I understand if people judged him, he can't sing just based only his performance with Irene. Because his singing with Irene sound average..

I hope someday he will release a single maybe? or OST from his drama and/or movie like his wish when he was interviewed by Showbiz Korea last year..

There's this tone in his voice that only comes out when he sings upbeat songs. It's not that smooth; his voice turns a bit husky that's why people might think he can't sing that well. Which isn't true as the video above proves :D I'm in love with the sorta-husky version of his voice as well hehe. He has been in a talent agency since highschool originally training to be a singer. Meaning he's undergone the necessary breath control or whatnot basics a singer should cover. Not to forget his formal uni studies as a music major. Certainly if he's to meet a good composer who can write music that suits his voice best; shows its most beautiful qualities, his sound in that much hoped for OST would feel like a warm blanket.

here is a video with his singing cut from "Wonderful Mama" drama: [...]

I just couldn't stop laughing, he's so obsessed with singing that he disguised himself (wearing a wig) so no one would know that he's in karaoke :lol: why his mother was so mad? was he too young to be there? :lol: and his scene with his brother singing and there mother coming in the room :lol: who would have guessed that our Minie can be this fun and hilarious :lol: would we see more of his fun side in "Reply 1988"? that would be great!!! :D

Hahah I laughed at this video so hard that I called my sister to watch too. (Yes being a member in BoGummie's ministry is genetic :P ). Wonderful Mamma and Wonderful Days are the only dramas of his that I'm never gonna watch. I can't do family dramas. I just can't. I swear I tried forcing myself to sit thru WD but I felt like a masochist so thank you @maiwun for giving us all the chance to watch his performance in one of them.

I pray he'd have such hilarious side to him in Reply 1988.

Fancam (HD): Park Bo Gum goes to Music Bank last Friday (20150814)

[...]

aww..he's so kind..he's almost enter KBS building? but he returned to receive a gift from his fans :) 

and he was wearing shoes with his face drawing..so cute :)

I think the crucial thing is... he too is a diehard fan for someone. Exo for instance. Fame hasn't gotten into his head yet (hopefully it'll never do) to make him forget how much effort and sincerity that fan must've put together in order to bring him that gift. He knows what a fan would feel if he showed that much appreciation to her/him, which he did. Thank you BG-shi. After watching Hello Monster mainly for him, I checked D.O.'s work and did I become an Exo fan! lol To think that in that sense BG has turned me, his fan, into a fellow fan of his bias, he sure is an awesome Exo fan.

There's also an I-Remember-You-Related reason I can think of: :lol:

Maybe after seeing how Hyun's ongoing indifference towards fans' gifts brought on some crazy unexpected results, Min-aa learnt a lesson and promised himself to avoid doing so himself. LOL.

@ ilchul we currently don't have native korean translators yet so we're mostly relying on the chinese subbed clips of him and our limited knowledge of koreanㅠㅠ haha but we'll do our best! :) 

Dear I've seen your clips. Just wanted to thank you for they are so well-made. Captions were translated following the styling of the original captions as close as possible, and those meticulous head notes. Although I studied translation formally at uni, Korean isn't a language I can translate from-to or else I would've helped. I know how much time and effort you're putting into this so thanks a lot chingu-del.

Hi all~~~

[...]

Nowadays my friends are crazy over Park Bogum, which all I can say to them "I told you he's good" with proud smile....

[...]

In case they're fans who haven't watch his movies yet (just like me

:P

hehe) below are the engsub full movie links.

Welcome! I bookmarked the links you provided and watched Blind via one of them, Kumawa-yo.

You know what I'm planning to do in order to get my bestie on beard the BG fandom? I know there's no way she'd realize his awesomeness if I told her there's this brilliant young actor who did so and so due to her skeptical see-for-your self nature (like myself) so we agreed to watch Reply 1988 together. She doesn't know he stole my heart yet lol but I trust he'll do me pride by stealing hers with his performance. I'm counting on you BG. When that happens, I'll have my proud noona smile too :P

@ wizengamot hello~!! woo i love them both too xD and yes he has no other accounts other than twitter. he has mentioned it himself like twice hahah and according to korean pages/sites etc. he's a protestant~

i think i have to be active on my twitter again hahaha!!! i hope he makes an ig account someday haha.. i didn;t know that there are protestants in korea.

I've always thought a religious young man cute. He's no exception. I hope his religious upbringing has provided him with the rooting/faith necessary to overcome whatever difficulties he might face in his career, God forbid of course. And I too want him to have an account on Insta. All my other biases are there, BG come to the dark side too will you. :(

I'm sooo in love with Yoonhoo! I start squealing ever since he first came out on ep. 6. I find the drama too boring at first, and I don't really like Yoojin's character. But then Yoonhoo came in, and the story gets picked up and gets more interesting. I love how PBG can portray Yoonhoo so good, how he was broken because he was injured, but then find his new interest on conducting. And 'our Nae-il'. Hehehehe XDD

I just loooovvveeee Yoonhoo to the moon and back. Love how he's the only one that could hit Yoojin's jealousy button. Lol.

Here's a gift then :D

BTS of YoonHoo's best performances, the Mamboo performance:

• Like 4

Today's Mubank cr KHJ and some rough translations of some parts :) 

skipped to 1:27 
Irene: -talking about how she's so excited about next week's comebacks (jessi and m.i.b kangnam)-
Irene: I'm so excited!
Bogum: I'm so excited!
Irene: What are you doing?
Bogum: What are you doing?
Irene: Why do you keep on copying me?
Bogum: Why do you keep on copying me?
Irene: Ah!
Bogum: Ah!
Bogum: It's because I want to become just like your shadow. Like these people. Legend's stage.
Irene: Shadow~
Bogum: Shadow~

skipped to 3:28
Bogum: Irene, you look particularly different today.
Irene: Why? Do I look prettier?
Bogum: You being pretty is obvious. You'll be performing as Red Velvet's Irene and not as an MC later. I'm really looking forward to it and will be cheering you from here.
Irene: Thank you

@vannie05 A Hard Day was so good although he only appeared for a really short while. Those who haven't watched it yet should watch it~!! :D Speaking of A Hard Day, here are deleted scenes from the movie with him (has this been posted..?? OTL) 

@fleurofjasmine it's my pleasure!! ahahha yess they always kill me inside with their cuteness xD 

@dr25 ahhhhhh Shunji hahaha it's actually my secret wish for Bogum to take on a role similar to Shunji and Min was the "closest" I could get LOL I think it's too early for him to take on characters as complex such as Shunji so I'm contented with Min for now xD But someday, hopefully...he'll get to do one! I also think Min is by far his best role, mainly because it's a character where he was able to show more of his acting skills. (though I really wish they showed him killing someone in action though oops :x) And it's also the first "round" character he's done? To me at least :) I'm so proud and happy for him that he managed to send chills down the viewers spines, including meㅠㅠ And thank you for your comments regarding our subs!! <3 Here's Min's (creepy) smile as a gift :))

233AB03555B4D0250BF62E

thank you very much for your review and replies @dr25 :) I really enjoyed reading it..

about Bogum singing with Irene..I think why at that time I said that Bogum's voice sounds average because I already heard Bogum's "Forget You" which imo his voice is very good in this type of song, so I understood when I read on comments section on that Youtube video, people said he can't sing..

LOL because your statement about his kindness to his fans..

Maybe after seeing how Hyun's continuance indifference towards fans gifts brought on some crazy unexpected results, Min-aa learnt a lesson and promised himself to avoid doing so himself. LOL.

and thank you very much for BTS of Mambo performance..they really put a hard work for that scene..

• Like 2

Bogum will be a MC of Kpop concert!!

Permalink gambar yang terpasang

skyfestival.kr: Introducing the MC’s of the K-Pop concert held on the second day of the Incheon Airport Sky Festival in conjunction with Music Bank through a profile photo that’s hot off the press~
#ParkBogum and #Irene who give off a warm vibe just by looking at them
Check out their perfect chemistry for yourself at Incheon Airport

cr trans by prkbgm.tumblr

• Like 2