Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

I'm really confused....I would love to see him again on screen especially in a rom-com but Hong Sisters' last dramas were more a miss than a hit. I trust Bogum, he'll make a good decision. I don't believe even for a second that he will only go for popularity and a shallow drama/role. He cares about the role and script...

@gumtaek Shin PD won't cast known actors for Prison. He already said that he looks for new talents.

Edit:

The comments in the article are either "if it's Park BoGum will watch it unconditionally" or "submit the article when it's confirmed"...

Netizens are like us they only want confirmed news not rumors/offers that he keeps turning down :D The stress that I feel after every offer is growing, the only one that I looked forward to was Ansi City and it got declined... Hoping for the best 

I love this gif 

2017-07-04-01-27-18_zpst3ftwpj0.gif

Cr. bogum_hand

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, thesunset said:

@gumtaek Shin PD won't cast known actors for Prison. He already said that he looks for new talents.

What I read is that he will not go through the same Reply series auditions but will handpick the actors for the drama...:)

Spoiler

Director Of “Reply” Series To Hand-Pick His Own Cast For New Prison Drama

As the “Reply” series often launches young actors into the spotlight, much attention has been focused on the potential cast for the new prison drama. However, the PD and the writers have said that they will be moving in a new direction. The “Reply” series selected candidates who then sent in auditions, but the new prison drama will be hand-picked by the production staff.

“We will be choosing actors that 100 percent synchronize with the role,” the production staff said.

https://www.soompi.com/2017/03/04/writer-reply-series-hand-pick-cast-new-prison-drama/

• Like 1

Here is a more detailed character descrption from dramabeans

Park Bo-gum offered Hong sisters fantasy romance Hwayugi 

ParkBoGum1.jpg

The fantasy drama is a reimagining of the Chinese classic novel Journey to the West, called Seoyugi in Korean, but modernized for a contemporary setting. In the original tale, a monk goes on a journey with four companions who need to atone for their sins. Among them, Sun Wukong the Monkey King is the most mischievous and troublesome, a minor god who is powerful and quick-witted but also quick to anger, and has a great deal to overcome and atone for. Sun Wukong is the character Park Bo-gum is up to play, and he’s considering the script but nothing has been decided. 

In the modernized drama retelling, the heroine will be the monk character, and the drama is about her and Sun Wukong “finding the light in a dark world overrun with evil spirits.” The monk is described as snobby and materialistic, while Sun Wukong is corrupt. He was extremely powerful, but because of his pride, his powers were sealed up and he was exiled to the human world, where he became a bystander who does nothing but idly watch people fall to ruin. One day he discovers that the monk can unseal his powers, and they end up bickering their way to love.

complete article:

http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/07/park-bo-gum-offered-hong-sisters-fantasy-romance-hwayugi/

@gumtaek I read this tweet. Till the cast is announced we can only wait.

Spoiler

• Like 4

@thesunset Thank you Chingu ya honestly I love how quirky character sounds and hong sisters definitely reliable on comedy department another plus it's tvn drama with other a listers in consideration I think he will be more comfortable and give his all to acting. On the other hand fantasy and adaptation already dangerous combination we will have to anxiously wait and see till december. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1

Dramabeans excerpt:

"In the modernized drama retelling, the heroine will be the monk character, and the drama is about her and Sun Wukong “finding the light in a dark world overrun with evil spirits.” The monk is described as snobby and materialistic, while Sun Wukong is corrupt. He was extremely powerful, but because of his pride, his powers were sealed up and he was exiled to the human world, where he became a bystander who does nothing but idly watch people fall to ruin. One day he discovers that the monk can unseal his powers, and they end up bickering their way to love."

My comment:

Whoa! Corrupt Sun Wukong? From the article, the plot looks exciting!  But I still have to watch a Hong Sisters's drama that combines wit and depth. I remember our boy saying that he wants to take on projects that deliver a message. (Showbiz Korea interview).

• Like 1

@onlysb1 missed you chingu. At first without knowing the charater description, I didn't want him to accept it. ( I thought it's a second lead and Hong Sisters' second leads are pushover characters) But now I'm excited, they need a talented actor with good comedy-timing... It's not a good boy character. So it's a challenge for him... as you said it's tvN and if we get Bogum+ Cha Seung Won, it'll be a double win. 

@mellinadear female idol who is bad at actingis forbidden as a lead in all Bogum projects. If he accepts it, he is going to be pressured to save tvN from bad ratings, it will be a burden on his shoulders...he doesn't need to be burdened with carrying the drama on top of it. 

• Like 2

Another description of the synopsis

[!] Park Bogum has received an offer for a role in upcoming drama ‘Hwayugi’, written by the Hong Sisters.

About the drama:

• ‘Hwayugi’ will mark the return of the Hong Sisters, who previously wrote the scripts for the dramas, ‘Warm and Cozy’, ‘The Master’s Sun’, ‘The Greatest Love’, ‘Big’, ‘You’re Beautiful’ etc.
  • It will be a romantic fantasy drama that is a modern take of ‘Journey to the West’ - one of the four Great Classical Novels of Chinese literature.
  • It will follow the journey of Sun Wukong, who is fatally sexy/attractive and  and the snobbish Xuanzang as they try to find light in the dark world of 2017 where evil is rampant.

About the characters/roles:

• Park Bogum has received the script for the character of Sun Wukong, who despite becoming an immortal god with outstanding power and martial arts ability in the heavenly realms, because of his arrogant temper/personality is stripped of his power and thrown into the human world.
  • Having previously only been a spectator to the downfall of human kind, Sun Wukong falls in love with Xuanzang, who is the only person that can break the seal placed on his powers.
  • Cha Seungwon has already been offered, and is currently considering the role of Bull Demon King, ‘Woo Hwicheol’. The character is described as ‘appearing a successful businessman on the outside, while also being an enviable celebrity. He was unable to become a god who lives in a holy place like a cathedral, church or temple etc, but is content with becoming a existence that is envied by the masses. He is currently living in the human world without complaints as he is on his journey of becoming an immortal god with powers’.

sources: star mk article 170704 + osen article 170704
translation: prkbgm.tumblr.com
  • Like 1

another article regarding bogum's comeback project

Park Bo Gum might sign tvN's new fantasy drama

1499160307_park-bo-gum.jpg

Nation's boyfriend Park Bo Gum is in talks with tvN to star in their upcoming fantasy romance Hwayugi. Park's agency Blossom Entertainment confirmed the news and added that the Moonlight Drawn by the Clouds actor is reviewing the offer positively.

However, he is yet to make a final call. Written by Hong Sisters, the drama will be based on the famous ancient novel 'Journey to the West.' Actor Cha Seung Won has also been approached for a key role.

Park rose to fame after the super success of 'Reply 1988' and 'Moonlight Drawn by Clouds, he has also won a number of awards including Most Mentioned from SBS' "Cultwo Show" Awards, Star of the Year from OSEN Awards and Best New Actor from the 5th APAN Star Awards. The actor also topped almost all the list of most-searched entertainer in Korea last year.

According to Park's management agency Blossom Entertainment, the actor has been getting more requests than before to make appearances in dramas. Post the success of his dramas, the actor was busy doing a slew of commercials including VProve, Domino's Pizza, and, Line Pay.

Park Bo Gum grabbed the spotlight recently when he greeted his special challenged fan with extra care fan signing event for a fashion brand. When the 23-year-old actor realised that she was completely paralysed, he made sure that she was able to see him properly and therefore went on to formally greet her, even brushed her hair back a bit, and gave her a small hug.

Immediately, post the event, fans termed him as the 'Nation's Boyfriend,' as he had all the qualities of a perfect date.

source: http://www.ibtimes.sg/park-bo-gum-might-sign-tvns-new-fantasy-drama-12096

• Like 1