Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

*** Park Bo Gum is all set to make his musical debut through his next project "Let Me Fly."  Joining him in the cast are Ahn Ji Hwan and Shin Jae Beom, who will play the younger version of Nam Won, while Kim Tae Hwan, Kim Do Bin, and Lee Hyung Hoon take on the role of the older Nam Won. Sun Hee, Nam Won's grandmother, and ally, will be portrayed by Bang Jin Ui, Yoon Gong Joo, and Choi Soo Jin, and Jung Boon, Nam Won's only love, will be played by Na Ha Na, Hong Ji Hee, and Im Ye Jin. The musical is scheduled to run for a total of 100 performances, from September 26 to December 10, at the YES24 Stage in Seoul. Following its Seoul run, the production will embark on a tour, visiting Busan, Anyang, and other cities to engage with audiences.  :dorakiss:

• Like 1

Watch: IU Teases Park Bo Gum After They Participate In 2023 Ice Bucket Challenge

Watch: IU Teases Park Bo Gum After They Participate In 2023 Ice Bucket Challenge

IU and Park Bo Gum have both taken part in the 2023 Ice Bucket Challenge!

This week, Sean relaunched the popular Ice Bucket Challenge from 2014 to celebrate the construction of Korea’s first hospital for ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) patients, and he tagged both IU and Park Bo Gum to participate next.

On July 11, both IU and Park Bo Gum took to Instagram to share videos of themselves taking on the newly relaunched 2023 Ice Bucket Challenge. The two actors will be starring together in the upcoming drama “Thank You for Your Hard Work” (literal translation; also known as “You Have Done Well”).

IU went on to playfully comment on Park Bo Gum’s challenge with a smiley face emoji, “Uh, but isn’t it invalid if you do it while wearing a hat?”

IU-Park-Bo-Gum-Instagram.jpg

Check out both IU’s and Park Bo Gum’s challenges below!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cuiy2BKNtZi/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=d8924348-733a-4422-bb35-67ee6e899786

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599900wpp/watch-iu-teases-park-bo-gum-after-they-participate-in-2023-ice-bucket-challenge

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, backstreetboysfan said:

IU and Park Bo Gum have both taken part in the 2023 Ice Bucket Challenge!

This week, Sean relaunched the popular Ice Bucket Challenge from 2014 to celebrate the construction of Korea’s first hospital for ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) patients, and he tagged both IU and Park Bo Gum to participate next.

On July 11, both IU and Park Bo Gum took to Instagram to share videos of themselves taking on the newly relaunched 2023 Ice Bucket Challenge. The two actors will be starring together in the upcoming drama “Thank You for Your Hard Work” (literal translation; also known as “You Have Done Well”).

IU went on to playfully comment on Park Bo Gum’s challenge with a smiley face emoji, “Uh, but isn’t it invalid if you do it while wearing a hat?”

IU-Park-Bo-Gum-Instagram.jpg

Check out both IU’s and Park Bo Gum’s challenges below!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cuiy2BKNtZi/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=d8924348-733a-4422-bb35-67ee6e899786

https://www.soompi.com/article/1599900wpp/watch-iu-teases-park-bo-gum-after-they-participate-in-2023-ice-bucket-challenge

@backstreetboysfan  yes, Bogum posted this on his IG yesterday July 11th  with the caption - "“Receiving the baton from senior singer Sean, I participate in the 2023 Ice Bucket Challenge for the establishment of the first Lou Gehrig’s disease healthcare hospital in Korea. I sincerely wish for the good health and happiness of Lou Gehrig’s disease patients and their families”.  Park Bo Gum then pointed out actor Kwak Dong Yeon, The Boyz Q, and Oh My Girl Mimi as the next runners of this challenge. What surprises me is that apart from Kwak Dong Yeon and The Boyz Q, who are known to be friends with him, Mimi has no particular connection with him. I guess he watched ‘Earth Arcade’ and found Mimi’s mistake funny” that time. Although, he accepted her apology.   :heart3:

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** Park Bo Gum will hold a fanmeeting to mark his 12th debut anniversary at the Olympic Hall in Seoul on August 11th – 12th.  Can't wait!  :kaching3:

img_20230711154811_e378e13d.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/868979

• LOL 1
  • Blob 1

From 'Let Me Fly' to 'Les Miserables,' acclaimed musicals to hit stage this year

optimize

The cast members for the upcoming musical, "Let Me Fly" / Courtesy of Pro's LAB

A wide variety of musicals will be presented in Korea this year, including "Let Me Fly" that marks the musical debut of high-profile actor Park Bo-gum.

Set in 1969, "Let Me Fly" follows a young man named Namwon, who suddenly turns into a 70-year-old man. The theatrical show, which took home three trophies at the Korea Musical Awards (KMA) in January, zooms in on different events that take place as he struggles to go back in time.

Park will play the younger version of Namwon, alternating his role with actors Ahn Ji-hwan and Shin Jae-beom.

"Park, who has demonstrated his acting skills and musical prowess through various activities, will further broaden his acting spectrum with 'Let Me Fly,'" the musical's production company, Pro's LAB, said.

"Let Me Fly" will run from Sept. 26 to Dec. 10 at the YES24 Stage in Jongno District, central Seoul.

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : Korea Times

https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/art/2023/07/690_354866.html

The K-Dramas With The Highest Ratings Among International Viewers

These five dramas captivated global audiences.

While there’s been a dedicated and large fanbase overseas for Korean dramas for years, there’s been a marked increase in interest as of late, with Forbes reporting that the U.S. alone saw a 200% increase in K-Drama viewership between 2019 and 2021.

With K-Dramas reaching a larger global audience, Korean talent and content are receiving increased recognition and acclaim.

Hit shows and movies such as Squid Game, The Glory, Parasite, and All Of Us Are Dead have all received global critical acclaim as interest in Korean entertainment continues to grow.

Recently, the highest-rated Korean dramas overseas have been earning attention. Check out the top 5 below!

1. Reply 1988

2sgiY8AF8nBlJwXjNimDOLaw0hjot2GdcACvR_1y7rxlo_SIFc7Ye-aKpxOg4znE377JUf7ulsHmlxVAug255N8NCacH0p8yWrP5QpJkOfA7Gg=w32-fSoften=1,100,0-rp-e365

The 2015 K-Drama Reply 1988 was the third installment in the Reply series, which premiered with Reply 1997 in 2012.

Reply 1988 became one of the highest-rated K-Dramas of all time with its lovable, star-studded cast and slice-of-life style.

The show earned a 9.2/10 rating on IMDb.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kdramaworld.org/blog/highest-rated-kdramas-on-imdb-ranked/

ReKommendations: Celebrity, King the Land, Nineteen to Twenty, and more Korean shows to watch on weekend

K-dramas to binge-watch this weekend? We got you. From Park Gyu Young’s Celebrity to latest reality show Nineteen to Twenty, we have some very interesting picks for you.

Weekend K-drama watching is on our mind and if it is also on yours, we have the perfect list of shows to tune into. Check out these 5 releases to keep yourself entertained this time around.

Reply 1988

A K-drama classic, this show stars some actors who have made it very big since it first aired in 2015. The cast comprises Lee Hye Ri, Ryu Jun Yeol, Go Kyung Pyo, Park Bo Gum, and Lee Dong Hwi, in the lead roles of friends living in the same neighborhood of Ssangmun-dong in Dobong District of Seoul. Their families are very involved in each other’s lives as the one girl and four boys eventually develop feelings for each other. The suspense continues for a very long time and you can be thoroughly entertained on the show. Even after years of the Reply 1988’s premiere, die-hard fans continue to tune into it regularly.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/rekommendations-celebrity-king-the-land-nineteen-to-twenty-and-more-korean-shows-to-watch-on-weekend-1230079

• Like 1

On 7/12/2023 at 6:48 PM, Sakurafairy said:

@Sakurafairy  thanks for sharing this clip.  I remember this ice Bucket challenge, which heated up the entertainment industry started some years ago had spread around the world via SNS. The challenge is currently ongoing until now. Once again, is drawing attention from many people.  :emmm:

• Like 1

New casting news! :). *Maybe*

ParkBoGum reportedly to lead a new drama GoodBoy, the story of polices, who were medalists in international competitions, united to face a world full of unconscionable and fouls. Helmed by LifeOnMars’ scriptwriter and TheGoodBadMother’s director.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, backstreetboysfan said:

New casting news! :). *Maybe*

ParkBoGum reportedly to lead a new drama GoodBoy, the story of polices, who were medalists in international competitions, united to face a world full of unconscionable and fouls. Helmed by LifeOnMars’ scriptwriter and TheGoodBadMother’s director.

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. This is a crime/action drama. To put the plot simpler, 'Good Boy' tells the stories of international competition medalists from various sports categories who are specially employed by the government to serve in the police force. Instead of their medals, they wear police IDs around their necks to catch cheaters and dirty players red-handed. Park Bo Gum is in talks to take on the role of Yoon Dong Joo, a former boxer currently assigned to a special force. He is currently busy filming his next small-screen project, 'You Did Good' and there's another new drama offer for him. Wait & see............. if he's taking this.   :heart3:

• Like 2

*** In case, Bogum takes the drama "Good Boy", with the timeline being July now, the drama is likely to air in 2024. I hope he's taking it, a new role for him being a policeman. The plot and character sounds good. I hope we could get to hear his decision soon. Whatever it is, I will always support Bogum.   :heart2:

• Like 1

*** On July 15th, Sean posted on his Instagram, “Namsan Rain Run. Day 12 of training. 50 minutes of light running. I feel so happy because many people are together. Long-distance runner Lim Kyung Hee, Park Ho Seon, Lee Young Pyo, Jang Ho Joon, and Park Bo Gum who runs well.  Bo Gum’s musical is well prepared and the whole crew will go see it together! We run for a healthy life with a good heart.” - Take a look at this  jaw-dropping physique of Bogum. It's grabbing my attention. He looks so COOL! He bulked up a lot. Love it! The released photos show them running under drizzle in Namsan Mountain.   :heart3:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CutA6JvJYLq/?img_index=2

park-bo-gum-11-071623.png

park-bo-gum-111-071623.png

• Like 1

*** "Good Boy", the title alone is very fitting to Bogum. But, I desperately want a BAD BOY Bo-gum okay? I hope for his next work in the future. Right now, I'm waiting for confirmation. I hope he will take on the role, though. In the meantime, I am looking forward to the release of his next drama "You Did Good" with IU. Any opportunity to see him in a drama is very

welcome.   :hypehype:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, willenette said:

@backstreetboysfan  thanks for sharing this. This is a crime/action drama. To put the plot simpler, 'Good Boy' tells the stories of international competition medalists from various sports categories who are specially employed by the government to serve in the police force. Instead of their medals, they wear police IDs around their necks to catch cheaters and dirty players red-handed. Park Bo Gum is in talks to take on the role of Yoon Dong Joo, a former boxer currently assigned to a special force. He is currently busy filming his next small-screen project, 'You Did Good' and there's another new drama offer for him. Wait & see............. if he's taking this.   

Your welcome, that sounds cool.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Sakurafairy said:

@Sakurafairy  thanks for sharing this. It looks like Park Bo Gum had the wholesome personality since his younger days. I also read his adorable online posts when he was a fourth grader. In the post that Park Bo Gum posted, he wrote his personal information and this was how he wrote it. (please see below post)  The next one got cuter; it was a post that he wrote to his friends ahead of the time when he was going into the fifth grade. It was titled, "Bo Gummy...", he started off his post saying, "Hi, everyone! This is Bo Gum. You are all doing well, right? I guess we really are becoming the fifth graders soon." He continued, "Even in the fifth grade, don't forget about me. And you guys keep your awesome smiles too, okay? Take care, and here is my e-mail address. Send me lots of e-mails!" Wrapping up his message, he wrote, "I love you guys, and teacher! Thank you for taking such great care of me for the last year!" This cute past posts of his is just so adorable.   :kaching1:

201809329_700.webp

Name: Park Bo Gum

Blood type: O

Personality: I'm kind at home, but I'm not very kind outside

Favorite food: sushi, kimbap (seaweed rice roll) and kimchi-buchimgae (kimchi pancakes)

Your crush: class 4-? from 2003

Your style: handsome man

You are skilled at: swimming, playing the piano, singing, dancing and more

You are not skilled at: those instruments that I've never played before

Hey friends, come visit class 4-5 at Mokdong Elementary School!

201809328_700.webp

source : SBS Star