Park Bo Gum 박보검 ♥ 朴寶劍 ♥ パク・ボゴム | Upcoming Drama 2024: When Life Gives You Tangerines | Upcoming Drama 2024: Good Boy

autumnight

SHIMUKUN HANRYU INTERVIEW WITH PARK BO GUM

page

A Japanese media named Hanryu Byoyori did an interview with Park Bo Gum in relation to Answer Me 1988 back in June 27 which I find interesting, so I decided to tackle the Mission Impossible Project named brain-killing translation.

It’s old news, but it’s new to me since I only saw it today.

Q: It is said that you have learnt Japanese language before.

A: During senior high, I have chosen to study Japanese as the second foreign language. It has been a long time, so I’ve forgotten most of it, but I can still speak a little. You’re asking me at what level? Kindergarten’s level (laugh).

I have liked Japanese dorama and manga since young, especially Proposal Daisakusen (or Operation Love), it was a nice watch. I also like J-Pop, and listen to NEWS and Yamashita Tomoshisa’s songs. Nakashima Mika’s Snow Flower is the 18th song in KTV.

OMG, I can’t believe he had seen Proposal Daisakusen and listens to NEWS and Yamapi, bahahahaha. He’s a Yamapi fan!!! 

Q: In Answer Me 1988, what sort of character is Taek?

A: Taek is being recognised as a baduk god sort of character, and has been a centre of attention since young. However, he doesn’t know anything other than baduk, and must rely on others to assist him. He has areas that are unreliable.

Q: In order to portray Taek, it is reported that you had gone to learn baduk.

A: I did not learn how to play baduk. I’ve only learnt the posture and the expression of the eyes etc. Initially I had wanted to learn it to the point of ‘Does this kid really know how to play baduk?’, but it is a pity I did not get to that level.

Q: Taek is a baduk genius. What sort of genius is Park Bo Gum?

A: Ahahaha. I don’t think I have anything that can be considered as genius. In comparison to other, I am slightly better in piano. I can play the music after listening to the person played once. Even though it’s just playing out that atmosphere (feels).

Dude, being able to play out the music after only listening to it once may not make you a genius, but it means you have good ears & has that talent of identifying the musical notes! I would kill to have such talent.

Q: That’s fantastic! When did you start learning piano?

A: Since 6 years old (lunar year). My parents know I like music so they encourage me to learn. After learning the basics, I then learnt the technique. If I have no work now, I would play piano in church on Sunday. During resting period (or holidays), I will either stay at home or go to church, because I want to treasure the time I am with my family. Is that very otaku*?

*stays at home all the time and doesn’t have a life (no social life, no love life, etc)

Q: What to look out for from the aspect of Taek in the drama?

A: Amongst the roles I have played up until now, Taek is the one that is most like me. After watching Taek and if others would think of me as “Ah, so Bo Gum is this sort of kid”, I would be very happy.

My darling, are you sure? I admit some parts of Taekie is you, but I’m sure you are more reliable and able to cook and fend for yourself in comparison to Taekie.

Q: Tell us a little from the aspect of the kiss…

A: Hahahaha. A little shy… Rather than what to watch out for, I prefer everyone not be too concerned with it (laugh).

Too bad. How can we not? I’ll never forget how I find out my innocent looking bias virgin boy is an experience good kisser. Not that it’s a bad thing, especially as an actor. I’d have been very disappointed if the kiss scenes turn out to be like Doctor’s.

Q: Lastly, please say something to the viewers.

A: Answer Me 1988 depicts a story where even without communication, friends, family and neighbours can trust each other and gained strength from one another; it is also a drama about friendship and love between friends.

Everyone is all busy with their own life that we only concentrate on thinking about ourselves, this includes me. If through this drama, people will become aware and realise the need to treasure the people around them; I would be very happy.

INTERVIEWER’S REMARK:

Before the interview, the first thing he said is, “Do you want to eat?” and he wanted to give the banana in his hand to me. During the interview, he looks at the reporter/journalist and pays serious attention, and often let out interjection such as response particles ‘oh…’ ‘waaa’ ‘really?’. I can see from his cute demeanor, Bo Gum is an actor well-loved by sunbae and dongsaeng.

JP IV

Source: 【韓流日和】シムクン韓流  Park Bo Gum bar

https://eukybearlovesdrama.wordpress.com/2016/11/23/shimukun-hanryu-interview-with-park-bo-gum/

@mellinadearAt last can log in after few trial and error

@dahae2006I wish he could rest and relax as  during the drama awards show too as he is already having commitment in December for the FM plus agreeing to MC for KBS Song festival. He is doing what he loves and it will be a learning experience too. I bet the camera will linger on him most of the time. Bogum situation will be like last year when he wins best supporting actor and popularity awards while he was hosting the KBS drama awards. He looks totally surprised with the awards he wins last year but given a good speech anyway. This year we could predict his win for the said category. Two of biggest drama of the year for KBS rating wise are Descendents of the Sun and Moonlight. Given the TV stations awards tendency  to give awards based on their most high rating shows so we can expect MDBC will win few awards during the ceremony.

@mai5116 His voice is music to my ears. His greeting video make him coming for the FM feels so real. So excited.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, mellinadear said:

@mai5116 ikr, LOL..my eyes opened and I saw his true height while standing beside those people. Soompi really gave me trouble while logging in. PPfft

For those who can't sign-in, just clear your cookies,browsing history & cached data.

After trying whole day now I can sign in finally. Thanks for your tip.

For artist I think 182cm is just nice. Averagely Korean youngster are quite tall now. He can still grow taller? Another 2-3cm would be great. Hahaha

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, MichelleBG said:

After trying whole day now I can sign in finally. Thanks for your tip.

For artist I think 182cm is just nice. Averagely Korean youngster are quite tall now. He can still grow taller? Another 2-3cm would be great. Hahaha

My whole day has been spent to try logging in too, I can't even read the forum.:sweatingbullets::tears:

Due to lean&muscled body and long leg, 182 cm as Park Bo Gum looks properly tall.

Upon individual's Growth hormone, 1-2 cm could be possible for over20&under-25-year-old guy to be taller. We can not ensure when Park Bo Gum's height of 182 cm has been measured, debut 5 years ago or now?

In my opnion, some too tall actors might look not picturesque.  

• Like 4

Has anyone manage to get FM kl 10dec tix? So excited that BG is coming to my country! Hope he will get to enjoy all Malaysian delicacies. Noticed this cute boy from tomorrow cantabile but first impression was ok this boy is cute and young but he blew me away in R88. Like his expressive eyes. Like his chemistry with hyeri and also yoo jung. Glad that BG chose a great project with experienced yoo jung for saguek drama. Fond of yoo jung since her moon embracing sun drama days. My another favorite actor after leejongsuk and kim soo hyun!

• Like 6

@sara2908 sorry, I can't remove the tag since I'm using my mobile.

@wyen6 welcome to BG thread. Yes, there are some of the ladies here who got their tickets. :)

APA KHABAR, MALAYSIA FROM PARK BO GUM

cats

Omo-ya, this is adorable! Usually stars will record a video message greeting their fans before they hold a fan meeting at that country. Kuala Lumpur is the first stop for Oh! Happy Day fan meeting by Park Bo Gum, so the Malaysian fans get the first personalised message in Bahasa Melayu + English version from him. Aren’t y’all lucky or what?

GREETING MESSAGE TO MALAYSIAN FANS

I’m on the ground at ‘Apa Khabar, Malaysia. Saya Park Bo Gum‘. So unexpected! Now I’m totally expecting each country’s greeting message to start in various languages such as Thai, Cantonese, Taiwanese and Japanese. Oh right, there’s also Jakarta, would Indonesian greeting be different? 

This is a greaaaat clip. I’ve been replaying it over and over again for his English. It wasn’t satisfying in Youth Over Flowers in Africa since Jun Yeol was speaking most of the English. So this makes up the dissatisfaction felt in YOF, hehe.

I strongly believe he wrote the greetings himself—the grammar nazi with an OCD—and read it off word-for-word from a paperboard much likely held by Guang Joon, his manager. Soooo cute. It also looks like he had been practising too. Awww.

I’m also looking forward to see if he would prepare different greeting messages too. No pressure of course, Bo Gum-ah. Hahaha. Love you tooo~~ .

https://eukybearlovesdrama.wordpress.com/2016/11/23/apa-khabar-malaysia-from-park-bo-gum/ 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mellinadear said:

@sara2908 "I am slightly better in piano. I can play the music after listening to the person played once".

If that isn't a gift, I dunno what is.

Bogum doing the humble thing again:) That is a gift. Our talented Bogum. The one where he played the piano in Taiwan FM without looking too much to his notes. He played by ear after hearing the song once. Glad he could put his talent into good use now with Jin Young taught or shared with him how to write songs. He is interested so much in that too. Maybe one of these days we could hear a song composed by Bogum. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, NongpeeP said:

My whole day has been spent to try logging in too, I can't even read the forum.:sweatingbullets::tears:

Due to lean&muscled body and long leg, 182 cm as Park Bo Gum looks properly tall.

Upon individual's Growth hormone, 1-2 cm could be possible for over20&under-25-year-old guy to be taller. We can not ensure when Park Bo Gum's height of 182 cm has been measured, debut 5 years ago or now?

In my opnion, some too tall actors might look not picturesque.  

Not sure what was his height 5 years ago but since he likes drinking milk I assume it will help him to grow taller as he wish. Hahaha

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, sara2908 said:

Bogum doing the humble thing again:) That is a gift. Our talented Bogum. The one where he played the piano in Taiwan FM without looking too much to his notes. He played by ear after hearing the song once. Glad he could put his talent into good use now with Jin Young taught or shared with him how to write songs. He is interested so much in that too. Maybe one of these days we could hear a song composed by Bogum. 

In Nodame Cantabile Japanese TV drama, the perfect pitch has been focused. This Japanese TV drama has been adapted to be "Cantabile Tomorrow" that Park Bo Gum participated as Second Male Role.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_pitch

People may have absolute pitch along with the ability of relative pitch, and relative and absolute pitch work together in actual musical listening and practice, but strategies in using each skill vary. Those with absolute pitch may train their relative pitch, but there are no reported cases of an adult obtaining absolute pitch ability through musical training; adults who possess relative pitch but do not already have absolute pitch can learn "pseudo-absolute pitch" and become able to identify notes in a way that superficially resembles absolute pitch.Moreover, training pseudo-absolute pitch requires considerable motivation, time, and effort, and learning is not retained without constant practice and reinforcement.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, penguinxbogum said:

im having BORENE MC cut Marathon :(

i hope he MC with Kim Yoo jung for KBS drama awards then MC with Irene for KBS Music Fest

PS. I ship every ship with BOGUM dont kick me

Really Good idea if KBS would arrange. Let wait and see. 

BoRene, BoYoo, GumRi, and some more ships in the future, constructive shippers are entertaining.

No bluffs against other shippers over Park Bo Gum would still be fine and healthy. :wub::blush:

• Like 1