[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

ATTENTION PEOPLE!!!
So, in the actual drama, SoGC OTP met after death. 
HOWEVER!!!!
Two pages of scripts were posted in DC Jang Hyuk gallery. It was taken down very quickly, probably after a minute, but luckily I got to see it.....I guess the person posted it cuz s/he felt it was unfair for the writer to be blamed for all.
because on the script, SoYool couple had a happy ending.
SY left for her dream, to experience western countries, etc. And on Gwang Jong 3rd year, so 3 years after she left, she comes back. They greet each other as if they met yesterday, and then hug, and then kiss, just so happy to see each other again. They chat and talk and joke, just like they were soso and gaebong. She says something and he goes like, how dare you say that to emperor! and she goes like, an emperor? where? I only see my soso hyungnim now. And she shares her experience from abroad.
That was the ending scene on the actual script.Have no clue why director-nim decided to cut it out and make it a sad ending for OTP but...if that helps you guys, think of the script ending as the real ending. 

SMP567 said:

Does anyone want to REWRITE a new end?  Let's try it!  
:bz

Starting from here,  King WS asked Queen YW to look after the throne for a few years...  He and his love, SY,  left together on a honeymoon trip around the country on horseback....
      C FB

Sorry to bust your bubble but the kids are not SY's.

one of them is the only child of WS and YW, later king Kyungjong.

The other two are the children of WW. The boy is King Seongiong, who succeeded Kyungjong, and the girl is Queen Heonae, who is a cousin and later wife of Kyungjong but woild be much better known as Queen Chunchoo.

Guest dawnshine

Koshicha said: Sorry to bust your bubble but the kids are not SY's.

one of them is the only child of WS and YW, later king Kyungjong.

The other two are the children of WW. The boy is King Seongiong, who succeeded Kyungjong, and the girl is Queen Heonae, who is a cousin and later wife of Kyungjong but woild be much better known as Queen Chunchoo.

they were the only royal children available at that period so the koreans know who they are, so no explanations were necessary.

It is like a French Revolution historical when in the end a guy with a triangular blue hat appears. it is not necessary to say that guy is Napoleon. Same thing. .. the korean producers expect the viewers to know at least the gist of history so they know what is being talked about.

Now I need happy pills..at least they are still alive, & where there's life, there's hope..I will just think they get together in the  future.. but, I would  liked to have seen it..sigh
I should know k-drama by now..I guess I will never learn..sigh 
sigh again..

So they did met after 3 years wasn't it..the last scene..they just hug..no kisses..WS as the emperor..their dialogue goes like this;
WS: I'm sorry for being late (not sure about this).
SY: Its ok hyungnim.
WS: How have you been? I'm happy to finally meet you again.
SY: Me too.
Then they hug....THE END.....

There is an unwritten rule in Korean historicals that one must not change the history.

Historically Wang So's line died out and the one succeeding was Wang Soon (Hyunjong), probably Koryo's best monarch. I mentioned earlier that his birth was illegitimate. his mother was Chunchoo's sister and his dad was another Wang Wook, a half brother of WS and WW.

But by that time he was the one and only remaining descendant of the Koryo dynasty so despite of his illegitimacy he became king.

if SY ends up with WS and has children, her progeny, and not the bastard Wang Soon(Hyunjong), becomes the king. That drastically changes history and delegitmize Hyunjong, who was responsible for Koryo s survival for the next 400 years.

The people who made this drama could not take it.