[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

Guest dawnshine

SMP567 said:@dawnshine Well, I move fast !!   ;;)
Sorry about that. You can EMS all the deadly gifts for the PD to me in Lotte World Hotel where I'm staying tomorrow. I'll personally deliver them for you.  :D

I dunno if I'm allowed to post this or not..but whatever. but PLEASE DON'T SHARE. I don't want this to go around. Don't give credit to me, don't take it elsewhere and post it. I might take this down later.This is the ending part of the script

S#48. Ending. Ice Valley. (Daytime)<Text: Gwang Jong 3(3rd year of GJ reign) >Icy water flows, and emperor Wang So is immersed in memories as he watch water flowing.Someone comes near. Wang So turns and sees...A young man dressed in Western clothes...it is Shin Yool!
They stare at each other with wide open eyesand start smiling at each other with moist eyes. Like a couple who met just yesterday, they greet each other.
WS: (slightly trembling voice) ...Have you been well?SY: (tries hard to smile) ...Yes, hyungnim.WS: It is...good to see you again.SY: ...Same here...hyungnim.
WS grins widely and opens his arm towards herSY runs up and clings on to him. WS hugs her tight as if he is never letting her go againand kisses her on her neck, head, forehead, nose...and lips. He releases her after a long whileand laughs upon seeing her clothes.
WS: What are you doing, looking like this? SY: I was trying to save some cost by tagging along Western merchants...Do you know how many countries I've been through looking like this?WS: So the first thing you do after seeing me again is bragging? Ok, go on, I'll listen. SY: Hah, really...this is a story you would have to pay to listen, and you are getting it for free, and yet are complaining like this?WS: How dare you talk like that to an emperor.SY: An emperor? Where? I only see SoSo hyungnim. WS: (laughs)SY: Ah, where shall I start...(sits) Come sit first.WS: (sits) If it's boring, a dutch rub for you.SY: If it is interesting, ten silver coins for me. (Laughs) The most interesting thing I've experienced happened when I crossed the West Sea and arrived Parthia...
SY tells story of her experiencesWS smiles as he looks at her lovinglyFades out...and texts rollGwangJong Year 1 <Calls himself an emperor and announces calendar> (he was the first king to officially announce that he should not be called a king but an emperor)GwangJong Year 7 <Passes a Slave Screening Law> (to check origins of slaves and free those who have unjustly become slaves)GwangJong Year 9 <Starts examination system> (meritocracy starts)GwangJong Year 11 <Organizes uniform for officials> (important in setting up central system in court)GwangJong Year 11 <Starts eliminating aristocrats>GwangJong Year 16 <Starts JeWiBo> (national institute to save the sick and poor)

Guest dawnshine

Thanks @gumi. It helps us disappointed fans to put a closure. I will not post or share this with others. I hope others will keep this promise too. It actually sounds very much like the OTP we know, the content and the way they talk. Such a great scene. If it's included, we won't be here mourning for the OTP and bashing the PD. We would be revising the whole drama happily and waiting to purchase the directed cut DVD to release, complimenting and praising the PD and writers. Sorry I know it's not hte writers' fault for this. 

I really like the text ending of the original script above where it lists Wang So's outstanding accomplishments as the king or emperor. 
 Those concur with uri Shin Yool's activities that WS witnesses in the drama in the earlier episodes which we all love so much. It should have ended as the writers had penned!

Guest dawnshine

SMP567 said:

@dawnshine, @gumi

I really like the text ending of the original script above where it lists Wang So's outstanding accomplishments as the king or emperor.  Those concur with uri Shin Yool's activities that WS witnesses in the drama in the earlier episodes which we all love so much. It should have ended as the writers had penned!

dawnshine said: @SMP567 Exactly. This would help to conclude the drama in a very simple yet linking it back to the theme - shine or go crazy. Gwangjong did not shine hence his name "Gwang" and it's because of this wonderful lady - ShinYool. Why is she wonderful? She made her adventure to the West and shared all her interesting observations and findings to her Sosos Hyeongnim. He got inspired. He tried to adopt some of the things he heard from her to transform Goryeo, hence the country shone too! Such a perfect ending. There isn't a need of a lifeless Gwangjong starring at the butterfly pendant and the bridal gown of his first wife and then died. The current ending just made Gwangjong looked useless and hopeless.

dawnshine said: Chingu, thank you for playing ShinYool in bringing light here to relax our dissatisfaction of the ending. We really need it especially your chingu here who is missing ShinYool and Gaebong badly. It was a beautiful nuptial night for the OTP but I think we were all anticipated much more after knowing the same nuptial scene was taken place at the mountain in the original novel. WS definitely didn't know his wife would leave him again. Yool, how did you do that? You love him to every bit yet you can cut your attachment so easily!!

Guest dawnshine

Episode 24 (Final episode) RatingsAGB - Nationwide SOGC:13%(+1.5)
KBS2:5%(+0.6)
SBS:11%(-0.3)
AGB - Seoul
SOGC:14.4%(+1.3)
KBS2:Not in Top 20
SBS:12.3%(-0.1)

TNmS - Nationwide
SOGC:11.5%(+0.7)
SBS:10.3%(+1.1)

TNmS - Seoul
SOGC:14.2%(+0.7)
SBS:13.2%(+1.5)

miss1.jpg
miss2.jpg

After Shin Yool leaves and Wang So becomes the king, he looks lifeless. 
Although the afterlife endings is similar to the drama "Dong Yi", King Wang So is not as lucky as the King in that drama. 
After all the suffering, he does not get to spend the happy later life with his wife, Yool.

It could have been better if they let our OTP share their lives together and allow Shin Yool to use her intelligence to support King Wang So after that sweet honeymoon night.  

In stead, the typical afterlife mentality! They hug and live together after they leave this world. Who cares?We want to see it before that!

Not being a fan of historical k-dramas, I gave SOGC a try.  After reading the final recaps, I'm glad I dropped it around episode 10.  JH still reigns and shines in my k-drama sky. I hope he is in another drama soon.  

Guest dawnshine

only1khj said: Not being a fan of historical k-dramas, I gave SOGC a try.  After reading the final recaps, I'm glad I dropped it around episode 10.  JH still reigns and shines in my k-drama sky. I hope he is in another drama soon.  

Guest dawnshine

Photos at the wrap-up dinner party last night. JH is a kind caring oppa. Thank you for bringing WangSo and Soso alive. Thank you for your unbeatable chemistry with Oh YeonSeo. These two deserve big credits for the drama. I personally have enjoyed every bit of your scene especially all the OTP scenes. Hope to see you both collaborate soon. Even with a weird ending, we hope SOGC brings light in advancing the career path of both of you. 
11093009_1641237056089828_1817180321_n.j11084949_439753402859790_705531080_n.jpgCr: JangHyuk_No.1