[Drama 2015] Shine or Go Crazy 빛나거나 미치거나

ChelseaS

Guest dawnshine

meltedd said: What a gorgeous ending scene! I have no idea what those yellow flowers are called in English but the location crew did a great job. 
SOGC felt like a sageuk fairytale. Princess meets her prince charming, and they live as happily ever after as is possible. They glossed over the WW and YW bits and kept the focus on the OTP, which I liked. I can think of a couple of dramas that couldn't do that, OR tie up the loose ends.
I died inside when Yool said she was leaving, but yeah I guess it makes sense since Yool isn't going to enter the palace, and also bc it's the cleanest way to end the show without unneccesary drama. 
The battle at Chunghae Village was so lulzy. Maybe they simplified it in the interest of cost and time. Anyway, it didn't really affect the story they wanted to tell, so I guess that was ok.
The open ending was intentional, wasn't it? We don't know whose kids those are, or what eventually became of Yool and WS. But I would like to think that at one point during her travels, she returned to WS's arms. Although idk why the kids wouldn't know any of this then, unless they don't know who she is at all. 

Guest pixiee

Feel very disappointed with the ending. I dont think I will watch the last episode.

Thank you live recappers.

Guest meltedd

JH and OYS looked amazing and glowing as ever. How come this crew doesn't look totally exhausted?! MBC Fountain of Youth o.o
The thing about JH is that he's the perfect action star, but he's also great at being romantic. This drama and FTYL was so heavy on the romance that I felt his action skills were being kinda wasted. Oh well. Can't have it all.

Love JH-OYS like crazy and uri yool- soso so much but this is just heart wrenching more Than making her die. A big possibility that they are SY kids as why is Jimong telling a story of SY... But seriously???? I need to heal my heart break.

Guest meltedd

dawnshine said: meltedd said: What a gorgeous ending scene! I have no idea what those yellow flowers are called in English but the location crew did a great job. 
SOGC felt like a sageuk fairytale. Princess meets her prince charming, and they live as happily ever after as is possible. They glossed over the WW and YW bits and kept the focus on the OTP, which I liked. I can think of a couple of dramas that couldn't do that, OR tie up the loose ends.
I died inside when Yool said she was leaving, but yeah I guess it makes sense since Yool isn't going to enter the palace, and also bc it's the cleanest way to end the show without unneccesary drama. 
The battle at Chunghae Village was so lulzy. Maybe they simplified it in the interest of cost and time. Anyway, it didn't really affect the story they wanted to tell, so I guess that was ok.
The open ending was intentional, wasn't it? We don't know whose kids those are, or what eventually became of Yool and WS. But I would like to think that at one point during her travels, she returned to WS's arms. Although idk why the kids wouldn't know any of this then, unless they don't know who she is at all. 

Guest dawnshine

Chingus, relax. I think we can't tell the ending without understanding their dialogues. 
My guess is the kids are SY's but they don't know she's the mother. She did come back after her trip. Otherwise how would WS keep her butterfly pendant and bridal gown? She would have given them before she parted right? And it won't make sense that they married again and had their nuptial night when she just decided to disappear. Chunghae is her home. She would be back. But she wanted him to focus on establishing his kingdom. Therefore a 5 year gap before his first child was born. It's not directly spelled in the drama because YW did exist in history. 
The writers wanted to care about Korean viewers feeling over there. They pay attention to history based sageok although this was adapted.

Well my worst scenario came true. Never understand Korean drama script writer sometimes. What's so hard in making a clear and nice ending esp when it is based on a novel? :(( Will avoid watching k- dramas after this traumatizing ending. But still love JH and OYS....

Guest dawnshine

I saw from another forum that there's a news released earlier today that scene of the OTP met after the kids' scene, that article wrote something like 'the OTP reunited after x number of years". I believe the x years = 3-4 years after she came back from her trip. They met and she started having kids. @meltedd it's possible SY refuses to let her kids know about her identity. They could still see her and hang out together at her Chunghae Company but they never get to learn about their parents' love story, especially not at that young age. Who knows, maybe they did call her mother too but just not knowing their story. Not everyone knows about their parents' love story right, at least not at that age. You might ask when you're older. 

This is why K-dramas drive me nuts. Beautiful story and then BAM! Crappy ending. I don't even know if I'm going to watch the final episode now. So many hours spent watching to watch a Richard ending.

Going to rewatch "Fated to Love You" just to see JH.
:x

Guest meltedd

I cry. JH looked so much better half an hour ago on my TV screen than the wrap-up party shots that @dawnshine posted. He should be only allowed to wear suits or period garb.
Perhaps it's because I haven't read the novel, so I don't feel cheated or anything. I thought the ending was pretty decent and fit with the story they were trying to tell. I liked almost everything about this show, save when it meandered for a while in the middle, and that Yool never found out about her brother. This show wasn't big budget and flashy, but it was well executed and the acting was superb.
I'm just a little sad we didn't get more Yool and WS (so greedy, and I know this is a very PG sageuk). WS loved her enough to let her go, and she loved him enough to come back. That's very grown up, and fairytale-like, and touching at the same time. So much about fate in this drama. Me likey.

Guest dawnshine

Oh Yeon-Seo sure knows how to tease and poke us crazy SOGC or ShinYool/Gaebong fans at the right time. Just minutes ago, she posted this on her IG;She thanked someone who has given her a cake as a gift tonight at the SOGC dinner.

11085192_799123743535610_351293921_n.jpg

Well if it goes on how Jimong said " no matter how much they try to separate, they are destined to be together" so WS and SY is def back together. Superb acting of JH and OYS . Superb chemistry... Superb dialogues....ending that made you go crazy. Well i'll just wait for OYS next drama