[Drama 2014] SBS - Birth of A Beauty 미녀의 탄생

kbleon

episodes 16 and 17 recap by ninja reflection

Birth17-16.PNGBirth17-17.PNG
Thoughts
Did you guys all rolled your eyes? I don't usually yell at my computer screen so I roll my eyes instead and I rolled them lots whenever Sara interacts with Min Hyeok. Come on!!! Why would Sara not have a clue at all that Min Hyeok is Tae Hee's mortal enemy? Even if Tae Hee has somehow not shared the whole bad history between them (and I think he did when he found out Sara knew Min Hyeok), it shouldn't take a Sherlock Holmes to figure out that if two men who are going head to head over a company as big as Winner's group they obviously are not best buds. 
I will confess that I secretly am hoping our hero and heroine are not so dense and are actually working together to fool their enemies. Dear writer! Don't disappoint me! 
ps. I did get great satisfaction from seeing Kang Joon being beaten so soundly by Chae Yeon... we just need Sara to do the same to Chae Yeon now. 

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

credit LINK to sbs awards 2014 excerpt below

Han Ye-seul looks like she stepped right out of Birth of a Beauty and its exaggerated, stylized fashions, where she looks amazing in every frame. The show marks a nice return for her; the plot is utterly silly, but she’s bright and likable in it, and has fabulous chemistry with Joo Sang-wook.

I do fear for her ankles every time she skips along wearing monster heels like this in the show, even though she seems to be managing so far. The dress is twee and adorable, and that length is super cute on her (sadly, these designs do not work for the short, since then it just becomes a hoop skirt).

sbs14_hanyeseul7.jpg

Well taking nothing away from HYS (actress playing Sara) who also won the Excellence Award in acting seems strange to me. I have absolutely loved Joo Sang Wook (HTH) and feels he should have won an Excellence Award--even with the male competition he went up against. He's had to play all spectrums of emotions and have done so excellently.  I also think the actress playing SGR (Ha Jae Sook) has also acted well in this drama.

I'm happy they won Best Couple and Top 10 Stars Awards (voted by teenagers). However, it's very clear in looking at some of the winners that these awards have to do more with popularity than with actual acting skills.

szne09 said:

Happy New Year to all of my fellow BoaB fans! I'm so happy that our couple was chosen among the best couples for SBS Drama! Despite the low ratings, they noticed the palpable onscreen chemistry of JSW and HYS! Looking forward to a more dynamic and not dramatic episodes this coming weekend!

:)

kenixoon

said: Ep 18 text preview is out:

태희는 사라가 민혁의 새 사업 모델이 되었다는 사실에 분노하고 사라를 찾아가 굳이 한민혁인 이유가 무엇이냐고 묻는다. 한편 민혁은 사라에게 강준이 태희 폭행 사건의 범인이라 뒤집어 씌우며 강준과 태희 둘 다 떨어져 지내라고 하는데...

Why do I have a feeling the villains will go against each other from what happened in the last two episodes? It's going to be an interesting ride to see what they will do to each other instead of the hero and heroine getting back at them. Hehe... But I might be wrong.

This drama use plastic surgery as a means to drastically change a person's appearance. It's amazing to me how S. Korean actors/actresses are probably the main reason S Korea is known as the plastic surgery capital of the world:

Can you guess who this is?

Han Ye Seul 01

Han-Ye-Seul3.jpg

Koreandrama.org

yaqiyuki said:

kenixoon

said: Ep 18 text preview is out:

태희는 사라가 민혁의 새 사업 모델이 되었다는 사실에 분노하고 사라를 찾아가 굳이 한민혁인 이유가 무엇이냐고 묻는다. 한편 민혁은 사라에게 강준이 태희 폭행 사건의 범인이라 뒤집어 씌우며 강준과 태희 둘 다 떨어져 지내라고 하는데...

Wha..if looks could kill  (this is LGJ   looking at  GCY when she's blackmailing him out of his property)  Is she not afraid?  He has already killed one wife ( in intent anyway, the fact that she is alive is not due to HIS efforts) This duo is really scary..no moral boundaries..I guess villains wouldn't be villains if they weren't hateful..they do it well, congratulations !

a73cb96e5673d1d37f9dc72d9a3ea304.jpg

Guest khara3ali

Hi everyone !
I saw the short clip version of the awards with joo sang wook and han ye seul :D :D OFC soo happy totaly deserve it but i think they started talking about the kamasutra scene , could someone translate that part please :) :) 

important excerptThe Teen Star Award went to several hallyu stars, including JYJ's Park Yoo-chun, Kim Soo-hyun, Jun Ji-hyun, Han Ye-sul, Park Shin-hye, Lee Jong-suk, Lee Je-hoon, Joo Sang-wook, Hwang Jung-eum and Jo In-sung. - 
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPLZDa1d7FlZ-xCJfXOUuJun Ji-hyun wins Grand Prix at SBS Awards Festival
AsiaOne - Jan 2, 2015

The Teen Star Award went to several hallyu stars, including JYJ's Park Yoo-chun, Kim Soo-hyun, Jun Ji-hyun, Han Ye-sul, Park Shin-hye, Lee Jong-suk, Lee Je-hoon, Joo Sang-wook, Hwang Jung-eum and Jo In-sung. The Legacy Award went to the late ..

Ep 19 text preview: 민혁은 자신이 태희를 다치게 했다는 사실을 안 사라에게 태희와 완전히 확실하게 끝내라며 자신을 화나게 만들지 말라 말한다. 민혁의 실체를 알게 된 사라는 태희를 만나 민혁에게 오해를 사고 싶지 않으니 자신을 기억에서 지워달라 말하는데.. @yaqiyuki‌, please translate the above. Thanks in advance!!!

Guest sparkling7

cute and lovely :)

7yjDmrc.gif

KhIVs7C.gif

HYS said that JSW Oppa is over there and then waved to him saying Hi~ :) aka Annyeong ~* (Am I right? :-p) They look so lovely and I wanna CRY :(( Why can't they........?!  :(

azOkXc5.gif

Anyway congtrats to our MISO couple ♥ 

cr DC gallery

@sparkling7 i feel you dear. They're so sweet together and it hurts our soul to know that she's taken lol teddy is from oversea ofc hys feels so comfortable with him( and has a lot of $$$ haha just kidding ) btw hys's personality isnt that far from sara look at how she hits jsw, she has ahjumma side xD jsw you'll be lonely after boab shooting has over go find someone now xD

Archived