[Upcoming Movie 2015] The Age of Innocence (순수의 시대)

rameennoodles

Title: The Age of Innocence/순수의 시대Director: Ahn Sang HoonRelease Date: Latter half of 2014Plot: The love and betrayal, loyalty and revenge, amongst the first prince's hardships during the confusion of the establishment of Joseon, after the Koryeo; A gisaeng named Ka-Hee approaches Min-Jae to take revenge, but she falls in love with him.Cast:Shin Ha Kyun - Min-Jaeaoi1_zpsabb692e8.jpg
Jang Hyuk - Lee Bang Won, Min-Jae's subordinateaoi5_zps1f2b1b7e.jpg
Kang Ha Neul - Min-Jae's sonaoi3_zpsce3750cf.jpg
Kang Han-Na - Ka-Heeaoi4_zps914ec002.png

cr: HanCinema, IMDB, Asianwiki
NOTE: Thread will be updated as more information is released. They began filming in April 2014 but have yet to reveal bts/stills or do any official promoting.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure if there was already a thread posted or not but i did meticulously search before creating one... please feel free to post any information on the movie that you come across. i will edit the page and initial information once i have a little more time. :) 

Joseon romance thriller Age of Innocence finalizes its castby javabeans | February 17, 2014 | 32 Comments

shinhakyun_haneul1.jpg

The lineup is solid and the story intriguing for Age of Innocence, a new movie project in the works set in the Joseon era that headlines Shin Ha-kyun (All About My Romance, Brain) and Kang Haneul (Heirs, Monstar) in a father-son match-up.

The central premise is of a gisaeng who initially sets out to get close to the hero intending revenge, but ends up gradually falling for him instead. It’s hardly a novel conflict but the setting adds interest; the film is set in the late 14th century, in the nascent years of the Joseon dynasty after overthrowing Goryeo. Shin Ha-kyun was cast first and plays a warrior who wielded his sword at the command of his nation; Kang Haneul plays his son.

Jang Hyuk is another name who is potentially attached, though I wonder if he’d really take a role as the hero’s right-hand man, unless that role is a lot more important than it sounds. The movie promises to tell a story of love, betrayal, loyalty, and revenge—all the trademarks of an epic sageuk blockbuster. I could get onboard that.

Directing is Ahn Sang-hoon of the thriller Blind, and already Age of Innocence is drawing comparisons as a Korean version of Lust, Caution. It has yet to begin production, so I’m going to suppose that’s mostly an aspirational claim. Age of Innocence plans to begin filming in April.

Via Osen

cr:Dramabeans

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, Helvetica, 'Nimbus Sans L', sans-serif; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 8px; vertical-align: baseline; text-rendering: optimizelegibility; font-size: 20px; line-height: 24px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"Jang Hyuk, a candidate for ‘Age of Innocence’Posted on December 11, 2013 by Gumi | 8 Comments      3 Votes

News for Jang Hyuk’s new project!

http://news.naver.com/main/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=106&oid=112&aid=0002501856

Actor Jang Hyuk is positively considering a movie ‘Age of Innocence’ as his next project.

According to several sources, Jang Hyuk has been offered a role in ‘Age of Innocence’ (Directed by An Sang Hoon) and is considering it.

‘Age of Innocence’ is the next project of a director An Sang Hoon of ‘Blind’, and is expected to be the Korean ‘Lust, Caution’. The story takes place in Chosun dynasty, and is about a gisaeng Ga-hee who approaches Min-jae for a revenge, but falls in for him. Shin Ha Kyun and Kang Han Na are offered roles of Min-jae and Ka-hee and are considering it.

Jang Hyuk has been offered the role of Min-jae’s right arm. He has recently finished filming Director Kim Tae Kyun’s ‘Strawberry Milk’ and will return early next year in a drama, so is trying to work out a schedule with ‘Age of Innocence’.

Jang Hyuk’s agency has mentioned, “If the ‘Age of Innocence’ schedule doesn’t conflict with existing schedule, there’s a high possibility he will take it.”

So yes that’s the news that has been released Dec 11, and I am excited!! Shin Ha Kyun is an amazing actor, and I’d certainly like to see his chemistry with him.

As for his role in the movie, though, I (and other JH fans) have some other speculations. Because if he is just a right arm of Minjae, and this whole story is just about the girl and a man’s revenge&love&etc, then there is really no importance in this right arm character that you wouldn’t need to cast Jang Hyuk for that.

But searching up on this project gave us some other ideas. So according to one article about this movie, this Age of Innocence is around early Chosun, and is about 1st Princes’ War. That’s when Lee Bang Won, one of the princes, killed off bunch of people including his brothers in fight for the throne. And looks like Kim Min Jae, the main role of this movie, is a close subordinate of Lee Bang Won. So my guess is that Kim MinJae, in helping LBW, killed the girl’s family and the girl is trying to do her revenge for that. And the article said they were looking for actors in late 30s early 40s for Kim Min Jae and Lee Bang Won.

Now, it makes sense to cast Jang Hyuk for LBW in that case. It also makes sense why JH would want to do it…because even though he has acted several historical dramas, he has never acted royal class before, now that’s a new trial. If it is Lee Bang Won, even if it’s not the main role and is a supporting role, they would need an actor with proper weight and intensity, and that explains why they would cast Jang Hyuk. In this case, the first writer of the news released today must’ve mistaken the hierarchy between the two male roles, just assuming that the supporting role would be the subordinate while in reality it’s the other way around.

BUT this is all speculation :P Let us wait until more specific, detailed and certain news come up. But the thing we can be sure about is that he has been offered a role in this movie, is positively considering it, and is very likely to be acting in a drama early next year!!! Our Jang Hyuk is gonna be busy!!!

cr: Stuckonhyuk

Guest chunnogirl33

@ramennoodle‌s and @yoeda Is this thread new? There is some information available. I remember seeing a few BTS pictures with Jang Hyuk although possibly taken by fans and not official.

Jang Hyuk plays the role of Lee Bang Won when he was a prince. He was one of the most important rulers and he helped build Joseon. He is known as ruthless and cunning. A very interesting character.

I'll see if I can find the pictures again

class="content-title" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-weight: 400; font-style: inherit; font-size: 26px; font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: baseline; line-height: 1.4em; color: rgb(63, 63, 64); text-shadow: rgb(255, 255, 255) 1px 1px 0px; font-variant: inherit; visibility: visible;"Jang Hyuk Confirmed for Upcoming Film “The Age of Innocence”ddangha May 28, 2014 0 CommentsJang Hyuk Confirmed for Upcoming Film “The Age of Innocence”

Actor Jang Hyuk has been cast in the upcoming film “The Age of Innocence.”

Jang Hyuk’s agency sidusHQ announced on May 28 that Jang Hyuk will be appearing in “The Age of Innocence,” attempting another image change.

“The Age of Innocence” will be a historial film about the war-filled beginning of the Joseon dynasty. It will be directed by directorAhn Sang Hoon, who is most well-known for his previous directorial project “Blind.” The film will be produced by the production company Fireworks, who produced the 2013 hit “Miracle in Cell No. 7.”

Jang Hyuk will appear in the movie as Prince Jung Ahn, who plots to ascend to the throne. Opposing him will be the military captain Minjae, who will be played by Shin Ha Kyun.

Shin Ha Kyun, Kang Hanna, and Kang Ha Neul have also been confirmed to be part of the cast.

cr:soompi

Guest fiovial

Thank you @rameennoodles‌ for starting the thread.

This movie has a great cast. Hope it'll be a big success!

I'm a bit confused about the Jang Hyuk - Shin Ha Kyun dynamic. Is Hyuk supposed to be Lee Bang Won or prince Jung Ahn? Lee Bang Won becomes King Tae Jong, right? And is Min Jae (Shin Ha Kyun) supposed to be Jang Hyuk's 'boss' or rival?

@fiovial no problem! the thread was long overdue anyway lol as far as Hyuk's role in the movie i remember reading in an interview that he didn't have to travel as much to film because his character is part of the upper class so i'm assuming that he has the prince role (but i specifically remember reading somewhere that JH's name was lee bang won in the film not 100% sure tho)i think there is a sort of rivalry going on between the two (just assuming based on the actual history and information released about the movie) but i'll post any new info as soon as i come across it. everything is unsure for me at this point.. they haven't released much info so i'm basing a lot on stuff that hasn't been clarified yet.. i really hope we get some official stills or a teaser soon so i know what to expect

• 2 weeks later...
Guest rintintintin

Whoa, Shin Ha kyun??? Count me in gals! Fan of his hit drama Brain and JH will joined with him on this one? Gosh, star studded is it? I will definitely see that and JH will be SHK's subordinate? Well, it seems that these 2 will be rivals towards this end? I can't wait. 

• 3 months later...

Wow, thanks for creating this thread @rameennoodles‌, am a newly converted fan of SHK and is crazily catching up on his past movies. Looking forward to this film, SHK and JH in one film...how awesome and drool worthy is that ???

Archived