[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

Guest charliew

briseis said:

Walking the same path

"If I don't give a pretty smile or if I asked a question you don't want to hear you'd get tired of me. That you'd want to throw me away." - YS
"I wouldn't do that." - JH

Guest Cinderella1

hi chingus

as you know , our main objective (with the healerities fan project) is to show our love and support to healer's team , to show them that regardless of the low rating , the drama is internationally successful
i think the least we can do is press like to "Healer" official facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/HealerKoreanDrama?fref=photo

numbers of likes so far is
47 021  :(
let's see after 24h , how much it will increase ;) let's see how big is our love to healer

:x

@juzluvpinkI didn’t see the 2-hour special, but I had heard that there were unaired scenes in it. So hopefully the Director’s Cut will have all of such unaired scenes incorporated.
@amvondoThe contents of the DVD set and the Blu-ray set will be identical. The only difference will be in the case design and the particular item that will bear the unique number assigned to each copy. So yes, whoever orders the Director’s Cut DVD or Blu-ray will get the book-bound scripts for the entire drama. The unique number thing is just something to make the first 1,000 copies sold special, like a limited edition. So, once I get my copy, I’ll be able to claim I have #391 of the Healer Director’s Cut Blu-ray or I have #12 of the Healer Director’s Cut DVD. Whether a DVD comes out or not depends on the particular Kdrama, the efforts of their fans, and the cooperativeness of the producers. Faith was not made into DVD in Korea so what you see on Amazon or ebay are produced by some third party that probably bought the rights and contents from the producers. For example, I own a DVD set of City Hunter released by YA Entertainment, which I believe was produced by them for US release. But I think they went out of business. So I don’t know if anybody else will for the US side. These days it seems that most popular ones do get made into DVDs in Korea thanks to the fans being more active, and some of those copies become available internationally through venues like YesAsia. Not all Kdramas are that lucky though, for example, Incomplete Life (미생) has enough fan interest, but the director is strongly against it. Compared to that, the process for getting a director’s cut of Healer has been going really smoothly. Our progress has been faster than Pinocchio, even.The price of Healer DVD is $169 at Innolife (plus shipping) and $175 at YesAsia, and the price of Blu-ray is $285 at Innolife and $315 at YesAsia. Korean prices are roughly $120 and $250, so the international prices must include their margins/customs tax/whatever, but I’m not sure. The reason why YesAsia is not shipping to the US/Canada is because this product hasn’t come out yet. I heard this was the first time for them to take pre-orders for something that hasn’t come out. They cite licensing issues, there must be some legal stuff that keeps them from shipping it to North America. 

I wonder if Yesasia's refusal to offer the Healer DVD/bluray for sale to US/Canada customers has to do with Dramafever's "exclusive" license for Healer while it's still airing? That might also explain why, as described by an earlier post, the Heirs DVD (also a Dramafever exclusive) wasn't made available to USA/Canada on Yesasia until after the show finished airing.

Also, I am pretty sure I've seen yesasia take preorders for plenty of other products. It's almost certainly due to licensing issues and I suspect it's related to Dramafever.

omoo. Park Min Young is so pretty and cute at the same time on the latest interview of Entertainment Weekly. I guess I am into Minyoung unnie than Changwook oppa these days.. haaa... she's so pretty and when she smile.... aww.. I even fall for her even if I am a girl too.. XD

hotgimmik said: @amvondo‌ hello :) Just helping out with questions. 1. I think what you assumed is right as other dramas don't have problems shipping to North America. I don't know why this is as I would feel so much more comfortable ordering from YesAsia but alas, it cannot be helped. 2. The price of the DVD is cheaper than the BluRay. I am not sure what is the price listed for DVD since I ordered the BluRay version which was $285 on Innolife. With EMS shipping ( the fastest And safest), I paid around $341 in total. I believe the DVD is either $169? Or $199?

Morning!
To help out those who are not sure about the Director's Cut. 

20150208_085426_zpsdb911d16.jpg
20150208_085436_zpsd84f1c8c.jpg

I ordered the set through Yesasia. You can see that there is a number on the bottom part of the box which I means I got the #732 one.

It would mean that you will get a copy of the DVD with the special number. ^^ 

ruizaio said: @juzluvpinkI didn’t see the 2-hour special, but I had heard that there were unaired scenes in it. So hopefully the Director’s Cut will have all of such unaired scenes incorporated.
@amvondoThe contents of the DVD set and the Blu-ray set will be identical. The only difference will be in the case design and the particular item that will bear the unique number assigned to each copy. So yes, whoever orders the Director’s Cut DVD or Blu-ray will get the book-bound scripts for the entire drama. The unique number thing is just something to make the first 1,000 copies sold special, like a limited edition. So, once I get my copy, I’ll be able to claim I have #391 of the Healer Director’s Cut Blu-ray or I have #12 of the Healer Director’s Cut DVD. Whether a DVD comes out or not depends on the particular Kdrama, the efforts of their fans, and the cooperativeness of the producers. Faith was not made into DVD in Korea so what you see on Amazon or ebay are produced by some third party that probably bought the rights and contents from the producers. For example, I own a DVD set of City Hunter released by YA Entertainment, which I believe was produced by them for US release. But I think they went out of business. So I don’t know if anybody else will for the US side. These days it seems that most popular ones do get made into DVDs in Korea thanks to the fans being more active, and some of those copies become available internationally through venues like YesAsia. Not all Kdramas are that lucky though, for example, Incomplete Life (미생) has enough fan interest, but the director is strongly against it. Compared to that, the process for getting a director’s cut of Healer has been going really smoothly. Our progress has been faster than Pinocchio, even.The price of Healer DVD is $169 at Innolife (plus shipping) and $175 at YesAsia, and the price of Blu-ray is $285 at Innolife and $315 at YesAsia. Korean prices are roughly $120 and $250, so the international prices must include their margins/customs tax/whatever, but I’m not sure. The reason why YesAsia is not shipping to the US/Canada is because this product hasn’t come out yet. I heard this was the first time for them to take pre-orders for something that hasn’t come out. They cite licensing issues, there must be some legal stuff that keeps them from shipping it to North America. 

I've been checking this thread every 30 minutes for the past 7 hours, hoping for a preview....and there's still none!

Omo....r they really trying to drive us crazy waiting? We need something, even one picture is fine!

I'm soooooo going to be dreaming about Healer tonight...can't stop thinking about it the past 4 days!

WE NEED A PREVIEW OR SOMETHING TO SATISFY OUR ADDICTION!

SunStar said: I've been checking this thread every 30 minutes for the past 7 hours, hoping for a preview....and there's still none! Omo....r they really trying to drive us crazy waiting? We need something, even one picture is fine! I'm soooooo going to be dreaming about Healer tonight...can't stop thinking about it the past 4 days! WE NEED A PREVIEW OR SOMETHING TO SATISFY OUR ADDICTION!

@amvondo said: @ ruizaio,

Thank you for your quick response. So then I could order my DVD even after the 1st 1,000 have already been ordered, and I would still get a copy of the script (and the other gifts)? I just wanted to make sure that I understood you correctly.

Also, I do not own a Blu-Ray player, so I was wondering: is the difference in the quality of the image that different between the DVD and the Blu-Ray? So that, if one could afford the Blu-Ray, it would be better to go with the Blu-Ray (I am assuming so, however I just wanted to understand how big the difference might be). You are very good at explaining things, so I look forward to your response.
Also, I wanted to add this, about this "Not all Kdramas are that lucky though, for example, Incomplete Life (미생) has enough fan interest, but the director is strongly against it." 
Did the director indicate why he was so against the drama being released on DVD? I am just curious...
 Thank you!

class="entry-title" style="border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-size: 1.538em; font-style: inherit; font-weight: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; clear: both; line-height: 1.26; word-wrap: break-word; color: rgb(51, 51, 51);"[Magazine] Trendy Issue 55 – Ji Chang Wook: I AM in TaiwanPosted by Gabby

This magazine was first published in October 2014. Although much of the content is old by now, there are still some interesting bits. (P.S. If you wonder why his eye looks swollen, it’s because Ji Chang Wook was having a sore eye when he had his pictures taken)

trendyscan03a.jpg?w=948

The most lovable emperor in history has arrived!

Following the success of “Empress Ki” in Taiwan, Ji Chang Wook who played the Yuan emperor Shundi in the show, has left a deep impression on many Taiwanese fans through his deep and passionate acting. Hoping to let everyone know more about him, Ji Chang Wook decided to have an enjoyable time with lots of interaction with everyone in his first fan meeting in Taiwan. Before his fan meeting, he also had a small meeting with us!

A meeting with Ji Chang Wook one sunny afternoon

Ji Chang Wook has given audiences an emperor who is the least domineering in history, and has also successfully created the most adorable emperor in history. The similarities between him and his character?  They are both affectionate with no regrets… As “Empress Ki” has achieved high viewership ratings, the main actors have received offers to visit Taiwan one after another to conduct promotions and also to thank fans for their support at the same time. Ji Chang Wook who acted as the emperor made a quick visit to Taiwan in late August, and even brought his mum along. Although his schedule was very packed, he still took the time to “travel incognito”, and he visited Ximending, tasted pig intestines with vermicelli and starfruit juice. Actually, this wasn’t his first time in Taiwan, as he had already visited the island previously to film “Running Man”, and he has also toured Taiwan in private with a friend who was studying here. Not many people recognised him back then, so he was able to take the subway freely and eat at roadside stalls, but although he has lost that kind of freedom today, he says that the warmth shown by his fans make him happier, moved him, and has made his visit to Taiwan an unforgettable one.

trendyscan06a.jpg?w=948

The differing charms of the Nation’s Son

“The vermicelli yesterday was really delicious,” Ji Chang Wook said, “Unfortunately, I’m not familiar with Taiwanese cuisine, so I want to try anything that is famous.” Initially, filial Ji Chang Wook wanted to accompany his mum to walk by the seaside and get away from the noise of the city for a while, but it seems like that is going to be impossible. “I don’t know where my mum has ran off to. She went off to play on her own!” he said cheekily.

http://jichangwookkitchen.com/2015/02/08/magazine-trendy-issue-55/

yumiko_hitoshi said:
My worry is I dont have any exprience with the order form any sites, and also dont have Visa/Master card to make payment. It's seem hard when I have to think of it too ../crying. I dont need to use them at all. 
If anyone have experience, please advise me! Can't I make directly payment by somehow.
According to YesAsia, http://www.yesasia.com/us/customer-support/0-0-0-hsi.530-en/section.html they offer direct deposit too in some countries. I hope they include your country?
You mentioned how you see don't see a need to use a credit card at all, but owning a credit card will definitely smooth things up especially with online purchasing, which is definitely the only way us, fans, can purchase these awesome goods presented at us since we don't live in Korea. So hopefully, you`ll think about getting one someday! :) It sure did make my life way easier as soon as I was entitled to own a credit card.
terbi said:

I'm from Canada, and bought from innolife twice before since Innolife is the only site Korean drama DVD organizers sell the director's cut DVDs even from way back. I got You're Beautiful and Prosecutor Princess from them and from my experience, they handled both of those orders really well and received the goods in perfect conditions. I don't know if you have got any Korean Drama DVDs before, and we also haven't seen what the design for the Director's Cut DVD looks like, but I'm pretty sure with all the other goods included in it, it will come in a bigger box, and not in just ordinary DVD cases, which would protect the physical DVDs aside from the shipping box Innolife is going to pack it in. 
See here to get an idea what Director's Cut DVD cases from Korea look like: http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n539/13mmmarie/collections/IMG_2074.jpg~original So I'm pretty sure Healer DVD will come in a special box too if we're getting all those special goods in it. Innolife packing the DVD had been the least of my concern the moment I saw You're Beautiful's case. And this is why I love collecting Korean drama DVDs of the drama I had been so crazy about, Korean DVD organizers can get really creative with their cases. xDD
I couldn't wait for YesAsia to open up a US link for us, and I mean how guaranteed are we actually that they're opening up one? So I just went ahead and ordered from Innolife for the third time, even though YesAsia was definitely my first choice. 
++++
And this is just me and my opinion - I am the type of person who gets really attached to something once I fell in love with it. The dramas so far that I have emotionally invested in were You're Beautiful, Prosecutor Princess, Dream High, Reply 1997, and now Healer. I had so much fun watching all this, had fell in love with how awesome the cast were, that my opinion of these dramas were unchangeable regardless of the ending. I feel like if it had a satisfying ending, I always treat it as a gift to me by the writer/director/cast for sticking by them to the very end and for being very loyal. :) The moment I knew I loved the drama (which was usually at the beginning), I knew I had to have a physical copy of it I can stack in my room (except Reply 1997, no eng sub T_T ). The endings wouldn't really change how much I was obsessed with the drama and emotionally invested in it because the entire episodes before finale were already strong enough for me to go back and see the drama again whenever I want to. Thankfully though, all I've bought have had satisfying ones xDD. So yeah, as for me, I don't really care at this point whether Healer will have good ending or not. I already fell for Jung Hoo and Young Shin so bad that I have to add them in my collection. It'll be a good memory to reminisce of how much fun I had watching this drama in the future every time I see the DVD in my room :) Besides, who seriously wouldn't want a collection of Chang Wook and Min Young together? :P
siiiigh speaking of ending, I think I heard my heart crack again. I can't believe there's only 2 more episodes left. Already experiencing major withdrawal syndrome :-(

NRGchick said: Morning!
To help out those who are not sure about the Director's Cut. 

20150208_085426_zpsdb911d16.jpg
20150208_085436_zpsd84f1c8c.jpg

I ordered the set through Yesasia. You can see that there is a number on the bottom part of the box which I means I got the #732 one.

It would mean that you will get a copy of the DVD with the special number. ^^