[Drama 2014/2015] Healer 힐러

kanzcech

@ MUFCfangirl hi!

You wrote on page 302 that there are 3 young actors for SJH, for CYS

, and for KMH. Are you sure? Because I am under the impression that there are 2 younger actors/actresses for each of our main leads. I remember seeing young(er) child CYS (when her lawyer dad meets her on the playground) and SJH (when he didn't want to eat the sweet potatoes, b/c he was afraid his mom would leave after that) and KMH (when he met CYS/OJA at the hospital, when she was 1st born), and then slightly older kids for SJH (when he comes out of Juvenile detention), CYS (when she learns the tricks from the ajhussis) and KMH (when he babysits CYS/OJA).

I see the 3rd batch of actors being the adult versions, aka the leads actors and actress in the drama. Is that what you meant, or I am wrong? (I could be wrong, of course). Please enlighten me.

There is also newborn CYS...

@sia3...
As promised, a continuation of our discussion. But I'm putting it in spoilers so that those who do not want to read can be spared this word vomit. LOL And I wrote this before I read your latest post which I will reply in (yet) another post. Hehe.

MoonHo truly fascinates me, because he is the person I can read the least. JH and CYS - they're pretty clear. They're the victims here, they are the children who suffered from the aftermath of their parents' crusade/mistakes/betrayals. They suffered abuse and loneliness, emotional upheavals and they have had to learn to protect themselves, their hearts and minds from further abuse in their own ways. As for KMH, he really is the grey area. We can say he is part victim, part perpetrator. He witnessed the events that happened, in horror.. it was something he certainly did not wish to be a part of. But he was, and for whatever reason it was, he kept his silence - only his thoughts and nightmares continued to haunt his conscience, and made him harbor a smoldering anger and hatred toward his brother and regret and pity toward his noona. He is caught in the middle, between the devil and the deep blue sea, and for years it has trapped him.
But still... his hyung must have brought him up - put him through school, helped him become the star reporter he is today. So he benefited too, from his hyung's crime, and subsequent rise in power and wealth. I personally think that he DID know that Ji An wasn't dead, or at least suspected - but perhaps it was the coffin full of rocks that finally spurred him into action. What has held him back all these years, is still unclear. Perhaps he has been slowly gathering evidence, as well as influence and power only his stature as a star reporter can bring him. Perhaps because deep down, he believes that his hyung can still be saved, and he would find a way to bring the Elder to justice and yet save his hyung from the dark side. It is reminiscent of Luke Skywalker insisting that there is still good in Darth Vader, his father - and finally proving it when Darth Vader killed the Emperor (the Elder), mortally wounding himself to save his son. Haha. Sorry for the Star Wars connection, non-fans.
Which brings me to Kim Moon Shik - who perhaps is the real key to this whole mystery. He is the man with many secrets, the one we witnessed as a love-lorn youth having to witness the woman he loves loving, marrying and having a child with another man - his own good friend. There have been much discussion about the motivations of KMS - is he really evyl or is he not? I have always thought that he was essentially a good person, after all he was part of that Healer crusade, was he not? So he must have had ideals. He couldn't just have been there because he loved MyungHee. I think it was just that his love for her was his own undoing (much like Darth Vader - again! LOL). Men can do many a strange thing for the love of a woman. And perhaps here the motivation was real. To save her from a terrible accident that threatened her life. He married her, yes. But he seems more of a caregiver to her than a husband. They don't even seem to sleep in the same bed. I wondered about that.
So I agree with the theory that Oh Gil Han and Seo Jung Seok as reporters stumbled on the evildoings of the Elder and was about to reveal it to the world. The Elder engineered the accident that killed OGH and crippled MyungHee. Ji An must have witnessed something, so the Elder had ordered her killed but she escaped. I think maybe KMS found her but left her to be adopted to save her life - if he had brought her back, the Elder would have killed her. So he lied and said that Ji An had died, buried a coffin full of rocks and put her name on a cemetery stone. I think it was meant to protect her. And of course, the Elder made him frame Seo JungSeok for OGH's murder, and then the Elder also murdered Seo JungSeok. So KMS made a deal with the devil that condemned himself to hell, but saved the woman he loved, his brother whom he loved and MyungHee's child. 
Does that make any sense? It's just my theory for the moment. But you know how SJN makes us all fools a few times over, so I may be just totally and absolutely wrong.  :D ;;) @-)

And after all that... welcome @liddi! So happy to see you here.. and looking forward to your thoughts and comments. It's been awhile since a drama got all of us together like this, so it's kind of exciting. 

And @sia3, as for Misaeng... I will try but I can't promise. Because its looking like Faith all over again for me. I watch the Healer episodes, and then all the other times whilst waiting I'm just parked in this thread. LOL But I will attempt to tear myself away.. I will.  And yes I do like @only1khj 's ending as well. It's much better than yours, with KMH killed - which I would hope not! Please DramaGods... or SJN. Not another Dolbae, I fear my heart wouldn't be able to bear it. Yes I think rather than KMH, it may be KMS who would die in the end. And that, maybe I can get my head (and heart) around. No one else, please!!

@liddi
Welcome!! Haha....I am motivated again to post! I was hanging out in Dr Frost's thread and slowly migrated here.
I love the overall story which pulls you in from the parent's generation and how it is all intertwined with Moon Ho, Young Shin (Ji An) and our Jung Hoo/Bong Soo/ Healer. Honestly, I will miss Bong Soo and I hope he sticks around a little bit longer :P
Ep 11 is coming up but I supposed we are reaching the live shooting period. :|  I hope the cast and crew take good care of their health especially since we are in the midst of winter !

Oh guysssss I'm so FURIOUS !!!!

Recently while watching Healer or consuming news about this drama,BTS photos, interview, JCW, PMY  I'll always get bashing by my Big bro.

He's bashing me by saying that JCW is likely to be Gay/Homosexual because of his timid gestures, the way he grasp or hold things and his body languages.

And I wanna say that Grrrrrrr, I hate my big bro now! Yeah JCW might be a timid, quiet and panic type,

but there're something in his action that I find it's so appealing for me, might not be that wild-beast personality that used to be from men but the tenderness and peaceful gaze with low voice and the sparkling wonderful charm flowing around him instead.

While I'm enjoying my moment, my big bro will break in and says 'Well, He's an actor anyway, so it's sure not difficult for him to act like a man, doing action scenes, gazing, kissing a woman with the looks that contain lots of love, it's an actor's job.'

OMFGGGGGGG LET ME KILL MY BIG BRO NOWWWWWWW, FOR CHRIST SAKE !!!

Here's the scene that my evil big bro point out about his non-masculinity.  >:P >:P

- Little finger always point out....... WHATTTTT ?? Isn't that an old school thing for sex discriminated????

- the way he hold a beer and clank it to her

-His fingers and reaction when frightened

- and lastly evil big bro said 'no man scream for his mom'....... WHATTTTTT???? That's nonsense !!!

credit as tagged

LOL If my big bro said like that to me, I will punch his face. Glad it's not happen. Because he's never know what am I doing...keke

@jerboa85... Ay ay Cap'n! Hehe. I have two dramas on my Urgent To Watch list ie Story of A Man, and Misaeng. But I can't tear my attention away from Healer at the moment.
@virsvirs, thank you for the pics and gifs. This drama is rekindling my 'hand fetish' that started in The Master's Sun. SJS still has the most beautiful hands, but JCW's and PMY's hands intertwined are doing funny things to my heart. Hehe.
@sia3... yes the vibe of that scene (and Healer's tears) seemed like a goodbye date to me. But.. I shall be more than happy to be proven wrong. I would hope that he would ask her to wait for him... I would certainly fervently hope that! Perhaps he will have to investigate his father's death in the guise of PBS. Now that KMH is on board with who he is, it would be much easier right? KMH is after all technically, PBS's boss - so it wouldn't be suspicious for KMH to send PBS on 'investigative' errands. It would be easier for him to investigate as PBS rather than Healer, who is still in the suspect list.
And you are a true sadomasochist for wanting to see Healer hurt! LOL But I would have to agree it would make for great drama effect. But then 'death' does that too - so no... I would hope SJN doesn't go there with this story. Please! JCW can certainly do pain excellently - you just don't need to see it in Healer. Just check out Warrior Baek Dong Soo and Empress Ki. LOL
@NRGchick, as usual, happy to see you back again. It's great that @liddi's here too. Yes it is a difficult time to be shooting outdoors in South Korea right now, hope they all stay safe and healthy. 

ELlovelyz said:

Oh guysssss I'm so FURIOUS !!!!
 Recently while watching Healer or consuming news about this drama,BTS photos, interview, JCW, PMY  I'll always get bashing by my Big bro.
He's bashing me by saying that JCW is likely to be Gay/Homosexual because of his timid gestures, the way he grasp or hold things and his body languages.
And I wanna say that Grrrrrrr, I hate my big bro now! Yeah JCW might be a timid, quiet and panic type,
 but there're something in his action that I find it's so appealing for me, might not be that wild-beast personality that used to be from men but the tenderness and peaceful gaze with low voice and the sparkling wonderful charm flowing around him instead.

While I'm enjoying my moment, my big bro will break in and says 'Well, He's an actor anyway, so it's sure not difficult for him to act like a man, doing action scenes, gazing, kissing a woman with the looks that contain lots of love, it's an actor's job.'

Here's the scene that my evil big bro point out about his non-masculinity.  >:P >:P

- Little finger always point out....... WHATTTTT ?? Isn't that an old school thing for sex discriminated????

- and lastly evil big bro said 'no man scream for his mom'....... WHATTTTTT???? That's nonsense !!!

credit as tagged

AnneVarattha said: Oh guysssss I'm so FURIOUS !!!!

Guest Artist2601

ji-chang-wook-13.jpg
It may be the fact that his former co-star Yoo Seung Ho was recently discharged from the military, but actor Ji Chang Wook is thinking about his enlistment date.
At a press conference for his upcoming drama "Healer," he mentioned Yoo, who he worked with in the 2011 drama "Warrior Baek Dong Soo."
"Before Seung Ho went to the army, we would talk occasionally, and I think his experience in the army will be a valuable one for him. He will probably do very well in the future. Congratulations on the successful completion of his military service."
Ji Chang Wook is 27 and he has not enlisted yet. Yoo Seung Ho is only 21 and he is done with his mandatory military service. But then many k-drama actors don't enlist until they are around 30 as the 20s are the years they may land the most roles.
Ji Chang Wook may enlist before his 28th birthday, which will happen next July.
"I see myself in the military next year," he said. "It will be fun. I like exercising so I will probably be able to exercise well when I go there."
So, "Healer" could be his last drama before his two-year mandatory military enlistment. The drama concerns the after-effects of an incident that happened a few decades ago when some friends ran an illegal broadcasting station.
Ji Chang Wook plays two characters, the messenger named Healer and the person he pretends to be, Seo Jung Hu. He worked hard to make the transformation between these characters believable.
He also worked hard to make Healer's action scenes believable. The Healer is known for his fighting skills. And although the drama did employ stuntmen for some scenes, Ji trained for the role and tried to personally perform as many of the action scenes as he could.
"For the sake of this project, I've been doing basic fitness training and attending action school at the same time to learn the martial arts required for the role," he said.
Many of the scenes involved using wires.
"There are many scenes of me jumping across rooftops, so there are many scenes where I have to use wires," he said.
He also exercised for two months before filming the drama because it contains some shirtless scenes, but claims he was not in his "best condition." That remains to be seen.
The romantic thriller co-stars Park Min Young and Yoo Ji Tae. Song Ji Nah, who wrote "Faith: The Great Doctor" and "Legend" has written the screenplay. The drama begins Dec. 8.
Other k-celebs that are of an age to consider enlisting include Jung Il Woo, Lee Min Ho, Lee Seung Gi, Park Yoochun, Kim Jaejoong, Choi Jin Hyuk and Daniel Choi.
Credit: http://www.kdramastars.com/
It seems like 'Healer' might be his last drama, before he serve his 2 years army service TT____T

Guest akumi99

So I finally cracked and marathoned ten episodes today and am pretty much burned out and ready to crash, but I just keep thinking about this drama and have resorted to youtube mvs, behind the scenes, and gossip pages. Haha I'll come back and join the discussion for real after I sleep and hopefully dream of Chang Wook. However, I need to share this video. It's a funny compilation of dramas, but about halfway through there's a Healer clip that's just HILARIOUS and thought some of my other Healer addicts might need a smile while waiting until Monday. XD 

OH MY GIDDY AUNT !!!!!!! MY BLOODY NORA !!!!I COULDNT BELIEVE FOR WHAT I SAW AND ALREADY RAPE THE REWIND BUTTON FOR THE PREVIEW OF EPISODE 11 THOUSAND TIMES!!!!!

DAEBAK !! WANJON DAEBAK !!!this is my second time to watch superheroes drama after YWCFAS and Healer is the second one !!!!!!!

HILLLOOO YAAAAA OOOO SALYOJUSEYOOO !!!!!! YOU STOLE MY HEART ARGGGHHHHHH SALYOJUSEYOOOO !!!!!!!!

azzurri

said:

@sia3...
As promised, a continuation of our discussion. But I'm putting it in spoilers so that those who do not want to read can be spared this word vomit. LOL And I wrote this before I read your latest post which I will reply in (yet) another post. Hehe.

MoonHo truly fascinates me, because he is the person I can read the least. JH and CYS - they're pretty clear. They're the victims here, they are the children who suffered from the aftermath of their parents' crusade/mistakes/betrayals. They suffered abuse and loneliness, emotional upheavals and they have had to learn to protect themselves, their hearts and minds from further abuse in their own ways. As for KMH, he really is the grey area. We can say he is part victim, part perpetrator. He witnessed the events that happened, in horror.. it was something he certainly did not wish to be a part of. But he was, and for whatever reason it was, he kept his silence - only his thoughts and nightmares continued to haunt his conscience, and made him harbor a smoldering anger and hatred toward his brother and regret and pity toward his noona. He is caught in the middle, between the devil and the deep blue sea, and for years it has trapped him.
But still... his hyung must have brought him up - put him through school, helped him become the star reporter he is today. So he benefited too, from his hyung's crime, and subsequent rise in power and wealth. I personally think that he DID know that Ji An wasn't dead, or at least suspected - but perhaps it was the coffin full of rocks that finally spurred him into action. What has held him back all these years, is still unclear. Perhaps he has been slowly gathering evidence, as well as influence and power only his stature as a star reporter can bring him. Perhaps because deep down, he believes that his hyung can still be saved, and he would find a way to bring the Elder to justice and yet save his hyung from the dark side. It is reminiscent of Luke Skywalker insisting that there is still good in Darth Vader, his father - and finally proving it when Darth Vader killed the Emperor (the Elder), mortally wounding himself to save his son. Haha. Sorry for the Star Wars connection, non-fans.
Which brings me to Kim Moon Shik - who perhaps is the real key to this whole mystery. He is the man with many secrets, the one we witnessed as a love-lorn youth having to witness the woman he loves loving, marrying and having a child with another man - his own good friend. There have been much discussion about the motivations of KMS - is he really evyl or is he not? I have always thought that he was essentially a good person, after all he was part of that Healer crusade, was he not? So he must have had ideals. He couldn't just have been there because he loved MyungHee. I think it was just that his love for her was his own undoing (much like Darth Vader - again! LOL). Men can do many a strange thing for the love of a woman. And perhaps here the motivation was real. To save her from a terrible accident that threatened her life. He married her, yes. But he seems more of a caregiver to her than a husband. They don't even seem to sleep in the same bed. I wondered about that.
So I agree with the theory that Oh Gil Han and Seo Jung Seok as reporters stumbled on the evildoings of the Elder and was about to reveal it to the world. The Elder engineered the accident that killed OGH and crippled MyungHee. Ji An must have witnessed something, so the Elder had ordered her killed but she escaped. I think maybe KMS found her but left her to be adopted to save her life - if he had brought her back, the Elder would have killed her. So he lied and said that Ji An had died, buried a coffin full of rocks and put her name on a cemetery stone. I think it was meant to protect her. And of course, the Elder made him frame Seo JungSeok for OGH's murder, and then the Elder also murdered Seo JungSeok. So KMS made a deal with the devil that condemned himself to hell, but saved the woman he loved, his brother whom he loved and MyungHee's child. 
Does that make any sense? It's just my theory for the moment. But you know how SJN makes us all fools a few times over, so I may be just totally and absolutely wrong.  :D ;;) @-)

And after all that... welcome @liddi! So happy to see you here.. and looking forward to your thoughts and comments. It's been awhile since a drama got all of us together like this, so it's kind of exciting. 

And @sia3, as for Misaeng... I will try but I can't promise. Because its looking like Faith all over again for me. I watch the Healer episodes, and then all the other times whilst waiting I'm just parked in this thread. LOL But I will attempt to tear myself away.. I will.  And yes I do like @only1khj 's ending as well. It's much better than yours, with KMH killed - which I would hope not! Please DramaGods... or SJN. Not another Dolbae, I fear my heart wouldn't be able to bear it. Yes I think rather than KMH, it may be KMS who would die in the end. And that, maybe I can get my head (and heart) around. No one else, please!!

Guest gdvip1808

AnneVarattha said: Oh guysssss I'm so FURIOUS !!!!

credit as tagged

maybe that sad look of his in their date is after kmh told him about jian we dont know yet if he told him every thing or if he will cover things for the sake of his brother but l believe from that sad look that probably he knows about her and does'nt have evidence that his father asn't a killer but l really hope she will know the truth this week's episodes so they can fight back the elder and take him down together the 3 of them