[Thai Drama 2013~2015] Hormones The Series วัยว้าวุ่น

yoyo_icecube

bencanuck said: @RusselM Try the store 'Boomerang'. :) This is a big DVD/CD chain in Thailand. They will ship overseas (according to this page on Boomerang's website -- shipping rates also listed here). The website seems to be in English. They have the recently re-released 5-disc boxset in stock.

As with Nai-in (online bookstore), if anyone has any language problems, you can send me a personal message, and I'll try to help. :)

I promise to give more details on Stay Tuned for the Next Episode later. I'll try to relate it back to what we've seen of Hormones, too, since that's why we're all here in the first place and why we all have some interest in P'Yong. :)

For now, I'm only about 20 pages into the book. I don't read Thai especially fast. :D

This is from the author's forward, though:

I'm an ordinary person...

When I was a kid, I wasn't a good student. I was stubborn. I fought with my parents. I wasn't the nicest or the best. I was selfish. I liked to tease my younger siblings. I wet the bed regularly. I once got on the wrong bus and got so lost that I couldn't find my way home. I once stole money from my mom and bought a camera. I ran away from school because I couldn't remember my lesson. I was caught stealing a cartoon book -- and punished by being hit with a stick both at school and at home.

I've had a close friend betray me. My parents split up. I was shy to the point I couldn't speak about it. When I was a kid [teenager], I did have thoughts about suicide... but I was faint-hearted.

I overthink things. I'm touchy. I'm sensitive. I'm introverted. I take a long time in the shower.

My room was cluttered. I got to school late. I was never really on time. It was normal for me to not finish reading my lessons -- and go take the test anyway.

I'm a serious person. I'm not very funny. I can't really organize my time -- and it causes troubles with my movies. I'm hot-tempered. I get angry easily. I work together with others not so well. And much more.

I wrote all this. And I went back to read it. I thought: "Whoa! Am I really just an ordinary person?"

But I think, "How did I manage to survive until now." (Now I am 41 years old [here P'Yong uses the word "years old" that children under 12 use, not adults and teenagers].) "I'm not too sure what to say. But I'll tell the story."

Songyos Sukmakanan
1 August 2014

I promise to give some better reflection of the content and how it relates to the show later. :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10636167_704768136269553_353094503661151

Hang-out with P'Yong. Note that Pea is there. He gets invited to do stuff with P'Yong and gang. Promising for those of us who'd like to see him return in the future. :)

RusselM said:

Btw I also want to ask about school life in Thailand, based on HTS story. Do you think, are there really happen at school in Thailand, like in the series? If you don't mind, you can share here. :)

bencanuck said:
Hang-out with P'Yong. Note that Pea is there. He gets invited to do stuff with P'Yong and gang. Promising for those of us who'd like to see him return in the future. :)
I'm not Thai, so I really don't know from my own experience. :):D

Also, it depends what part of the stories one means. :D

For example:
- Are there gangs like Phai's? Sure -- I've had friends tell me this was happening 10 years ago, with rivalries between schools; I know lots of details.
- Are there some students who'll have sex at school or very nearby, like Sprite and Win in Season 1? Yes -- I've had friends tell me this was happening 10 years ago, maybe not at school (in the cases I know), but on the property next door.
- Do best friends fall in love like Phu and Thee or Dao and Koi? Yes, it happens; I'm sure we've all heard of it (?).
- Are there fake accounts like Oil's 'Sprite Sprite' account? We've heard stories of it happening on this thread -- and again I've had friends tell me this was happening even 10 years ago in Thailand.
- Are there kids who are children of mistresses like Khwan? Yes. Second wives are a well known phenomenon, sadly.
- Do some kids do drugs like Win in Season 2? I've heard about it. One needs to know the private school kids for some of these stories, because they require free time and money -- but yes, such stories exist.
- Do some kids smoke and drink? Yes. Do some of them look otherwise squeaky-clean and responsible like Mhog? Yes.

I'm not sure which parts of the stories you're asking about. :) But the things that happen in the show are based on experiences of actual people. Hormones isn't supposed to be a crazy soap opera. It's more realistic than that. The writers sat down and shared their experiences with one another. They shared their family histories. They shared their school experiences. They spoke to the actors and got their feedback on where they could begin the character, based on the actor's own experience (the characters of Phai/Tor and Mhog/Michael are the strongest examples of this). They also interviewed teenagers at school and asked about their issues. There's a lot of reality in this show.

But at the same time, everything is exaggerated/condensed or shaped to be a drama series. The issues are real issues that people have to deal with, yes. But the characters are made-up characters, and the extreme and dramatic sequences of events are dramatic and extreme sequences of events! This is a fictional series, as P'Wan (one of the writers) says; it's not a documentary or a docudrama. The series is not designed to be thoroughly representative of Thai kids, if that makes sense.

I'm not sure if that answers the question. It's not an easy question to answer. ;)

This week's winner is greeted by Belle. "I'm so excited. I like Nong Belle so much!" she says. "I don't know what to say." (Well, personally, I understand that. ;) ) Belle gives a bag that she decorated herself.

"Tar"

Students getting reading for Valentine's Day.

Tar approaches Pang and Oil. Pang is busy working with friends later. She tells Tar not to get angry at her. "When have I gotten angry?" he asks.

Mhog comes up. Tension when Mhog and Oil meet. Tar is confused. Mhog asks Tar if he has plans for V-Day. That's why Pang is upset, Tar realizes.

Tar: "Can you remember at the sea? ... At your condo? ... When I was teasing Toei? ... Why were we teasing each other? What was it like?"

Mhog answers: "You were just together... OK, I don't know what Toei was thinking. But I know you well. I know what you were thinking."

Tar: "What was I thinking? tell me?"

Mhog is mysterious and knowing. He leaves.

Dao and Dew with their teacher.

The teacher is trying to sort out their problems. She doesn't care who started it. She asks if Dew has been watching too many lakorns and this is affecting how she understands and deals with things. :))

Tar and Toei eating/meeting. Tar asks Toei to check out his newly composed song. Toei listens.

"How was it?" "Good, but the lyrics aren't really you... not direct and sincere like before. But now it's beating around the bush a bit."

Pang comes. "What were you up to?" Tar says about the song. "P'Toei, did you listen already?" "Yeah." "Here, have a listen, Pang." Pang listens. While Pang listens, Tar and Toei sits quietly and awkwardly.

"How was it?" T asks Pang. "Nice, it's good enough," says Pang. Pang goes to get food and come back.

Toei: "OK, I'll go first." Tar alone. Further awkwardness avoided.

Guest nicmartin

So the 'Sleeping Beauty kiss' just unfolded. It seems rather heavy again. 
Poor Thee. But Non seems to be confused whether he's gay or not...

See Scape practice. Oil and Pang arrives with goodies to snack on. LOTS OF PURIKU HONEY LEMON!! Sun asks for one and shows PURIKU HONEY LEMON to the camera.

Pang whispers something in Sun's ear. She addresses him as, "Hey," first. Tar is a bit confused. Understandably. Is that Pang's intent?

Tar at Siam doing some shopping. He looks at some cute stuffed toys. He calls Pop. "Can I have some advice? I can't manage this. I've been at it for 1 hr. What should I give Pang?"

"Think for yourself.  She's your gf. Get something for her and something for me, too. :P "

Thee and Non doing homework. Thee playfully hits Non with a book when he says something stupid. Twice.

Non looks at Thee. "No, nothing, P'."

Thee took a shower. He comes back and sees Bank sleeping, having drawn a picture of Thee hitting him with a book.

Thee thinks and then goes all Sleeping Beauty on Non.

Non: "Hey! What?! I'M NOT GAY, P'."

"So... everything before..."

"P'Thee..."

"Leave, Non. Just leave."

He does.

Class. Tar gives Toei a CD. "I saw you liked it. I was walking by. So I bought it for you."

"Are you crazy? Why would you do that? ... I can't take this. Let me pay."

"OK, it's your birthday present for next year from me."

"OK, fine, fine. Thank you." Tar leaves.

Khwan sees Win emerge from a bathroom having sniffed. "Win?" "Khwan?"

K: "What's wrong? Are you OK?"
"Why?"
"You don't seem normal... I can't really say how."
"OK, I'll go first, Khwan."
"I'm not done yet," says K.
"What is it?"
"You're not seeming normal. What's wrong? ... you know what I mean, right?"
"What do you think I was doing?"
"Well, if it's that thing from that day, I don't think I'll be OK with it... Tell me, are you still doing it?" No response. "Why? IWhat i said that day was to help you. i'm not just trying to warn you."
Awkward. "Thank you, Khwan."
"But you're not trying to quit?"
"You hate me?"
"No, it's not that."
"No, thank you. But if I want your help, I'll let you know."
"Well, then..."
Khwan turns away, angry.
Mhog has seen this discussion. Win goes to play basketball with

"I just saw you fighting with Khwan. What is it?" asks Mhog.
"What's wrong? Why is everyone on my case? ... I did something K doesn't want me to do. But I can't tell you what," says Win.
"What are you talking about?" asks M.
"Never mind," says Win.

On the phone with Tar, Sun asks to cancel practice. Toei leaves class. Tar stops her. "Toei, where are you going?" She's shopping for study prep books. "Let's go together... No practice today. Go?" "OK."

Toei is quite self-conscious with this choice. Her face says it all.

At Siam, shopping. Tar has forgotten what he needs to buy.

"Oh, right! A pink shirt for the concert."
"Pink?"
"Yeah, pink. Don't say anything."
Toei says she'll help him.

They walk past Sun. Sun SMILES. Rio: "Why are you smiling?" Sun: "Nothing. Keep working."

Sun likes Pang????

Guest milotic55

thee gonna be miserable again... sighhh to be honest i alr knew non and thee wouldnt happen if people remembered my previous post but it still sad now that it had happen. I still hope for a phu thee ending as long as phu can truly make thee happy in the end if not thee should be alone

Tar is trying on shirts. One is really formal. "This does NOT work," he says.

Toei gives him the headphone-shirt. He puts it on. "How is it?" "Nice and cute," says Toei. They have A Moment . Then they still share a moment, though they don't know it, when they are separate again.

Porsch droops Sprite home. "Sprite, can we talk for a moment first? ... About Phai. i wasn't going to say anything. But since the hospital, I don't know how you are, but it's not the same as before. I only want to be the only one for you. I don't want to be second. Can we be clear about the situation?"

"Porsch..." (long pause) "Let's break up."

Silence.

Phai ZOOMER-Xes home. He studies. He can't concentrate on his homework. He reaches for Sprite's maths notebook.

Phai is seriously learning what 1+1 equals.

Tar does more VASELINE MEN advertising in the shower.

Pang is calling him. When he gets out of the shower, he picks up his phone and calls her back. It's 10:4pm.

"P'Tar, how was the practice? I'm sorry I didn't bring any snacks by tonight."
"Well, today I..." (he sees his pink shirt) "... today, the practice was good. Nothing special." LIAR!! Tar is finally a bad example of treating women/relationships. There's a first time for everything, I guess.
"Next time, I'll get you soemthing good. Sleep well. Or tomorrow you'll not be strong enough."
"Good night na," says Tar.
Wow. The GUILT.

Win on the phone won't play basketball with Tar. Tar chases Win. He sees Win get in the car with a strange guy (whi is presumably the drug dealer).

Tar comes back, talks to Mhog. "I just saw Win meet some strange guy."
"Well, why don't you ask him. Maybe he'll tell you." Mhog has a chip on his shoulder.

Guest milotic55

so right now phu is still not over toei.... so goodbye to that as well. Thee looked so miserable it makes so saddd goddd why are they torturing him like that

Pang is waiting outside the bathroom for Toei. "P'Toei!" "Oh, Pang, what is it?" "Are you in a hurry? I'd like your advice." "It's OK. Let's talk." Pang selects somewhere else as better.

They go talk in a quieter place. Silence...
"Pang, is something wrong? You're serious/stressed."
"Can I asks you directly? P'Toei, you like P'Tar?"
"No, we're friends."
"And... yesterday, did you go buy clothes together?"
"Yes, I went to buy a book, and him a shirt. Quickly. Don't think about it much."
"But... you know P'Tar still likes you, right?"
Pang can see it.
"P'Toei, if you really don't like P'Tar, can you stop being with him? I'm asking you..." She cries.
Toei nods. She says OK. She'll do whatever makes Pang feel better. She'll stop with Tar on her own. WOW. They hug. Pang thanks P'Toei.

Mhog and Khwan walking home. They're talking about movies they haven't seen and would like to.

Khwan's house already. Mhog asks to talk for a sec first.

"I saw you fighting with Win about something. Is there something? I asked Win, but he said he did something you didn't think he should do and said things you thought he shouldn't say... I want to know so i can help."
"Thanks, Mhog, but there's nothing now. Really."
"Really?"
Pause. Sad Mhog.
"Mhog, if I say nothing..."
"Win is my friend. You're my gf. How come I can't know?"
"It's not that. Mhog, please understand."
"I understand that I'm on the outside, messing around with Khwan. It hurts, too, Khwan... I'm sorry that I don't understand. OK, Khwan, go inside..." Mhog leaves.

Interesting surprise. P'Bomb has sent Phu an email for Valentine's Day. "Love Letter for Phu." She's gone to the Berlin Wall alone. She broke up with Mark, the German guy. Cried like a crazy person. "How is Phu? Have a new bf/gf? Surely you do. Miss you always, P'Bomb."

Non is talking to people who don't sell food and who aren't Thee.

Thee walks by with an arm-sling. The girls with Non go up and talk to him about it. (Basketball accident.) They give him stuff. Thee sees Non. Non goes towards Thee. Thee runs away/evades. Non sits back down.

Thee sees Phu with a rose climbing stairs. He is really sad.

OMG, poor Thee. All this in one day.

Phu is taking the rose to Toei in the library. OMG. WHAT??!?!?!?

"how did you know I was here, Phu?"
Friends said.
"What is it?"
He gives her a rose. She takes it. "Happy Valentine's."
She doesn't say anything.
"I want to ask you something..."
"Phu, if it's about us, it's passed."
"I know, but I want to know do i still have a chance. Do you like someone else? Can I fix something? Can we start over again?"
"It's not related to you, whether I like someone else or not. But I don't like you. I don't hate you. I'm OK with you. But I don't have those feelings for you now."
Phu smiles wanly.
"Can we be friends as before?" asks Toei.
"Sure," says Phu.
"Thanks."

Koi is giving hearts to people on V-Day. Random person... Elle... class president... she comes to Dao. Someone distracts her before anything happens. Someone has given something to that girl to give to Koi. Dao watches.

Grade 10 room. Sun sees Tar at the door. He yells out that Tar is there.

Tar gives a present to Pang. He was looking for her since the morning. She opens the gift. CD... and I think it might be the same as the one given to Toei "for her birthday next year"?

Pang isn't too impressed, but she tries to hide it. Tar worries that he gave her an album she already had.

Pang sticks a heart on Tar.

Tar is late for an English lesson. I guess it can't really be an episode about Tar if it doesn't show him being late for something.

Tarforgot his book and gets close to Toei. Toei pulls away when they touch.

CONCERT. "Hello, Nadao Bangkok!!!!" says Pop.

Backstage, Sun is nervous. Tar encourages him.

I EFFIN hate the writers of this show??? why  do you have to make thee and toei miserable!!!!!!????? first thee sees non and walks away, then he sees phu with a rose going somewhere else????
you make pang beg toei to stay away from tar. then you make pang go on a grand display of affection for hat during the concert in front of toei?  thank God you made tar chase after her.

They sing one song.

"Thank you, everyone. I'm still nervous," says Sun. "Today is a special day for everyone who has someone in their heart." He asks everyone to sing along.

They perform "Whisper Song" that Toei likes by the Band Whose Name I Don't Want To Type.

Pang comes out SINGING, too. She approaches Tar. She gives him roses. Well, that's dramatic.

Toei looks really alone. But Tar keeps looking at her.

Sun and Pang are singing.

Toei can't stand it and leaves. Tar stops playing and chases her.

Sun and Pop comfort Pang.

WOW.

Everyone STUNNED.

Toei is still running away. Apaprently she hasn't noticed that all the music stopped and the audience dropped to a hushed, stunned silence. Tar catches up to her.

"TOEI!!"
"Nothing's wrong."
"Then why did you leave?"
"I didn't know Pang would do this."
"It's not about that... My mom called me and said to come home now."
"Toei, I'm gonna ask directly. How do you feel about me?"
"Pang sang a song for you. It was very cute. She tried hard. You should be with her."
"You didn't answer, Toei! Can you answer?"
"Feel what? We're friends."
"That's all, Toei? Really? Tell me, please."
"There isn't, Tar. You made assumptions."
Tar is devastated.
"I made assumptions?" asks Tar. "... Can't you say anything, Toei?"
Toei is in her shut-down state.
Tar: "I thought it all up by myself? I just knew now, that before I liked you, and now it's the same as before with me... I don't know what to do, to stop liking you... I'm sorry, to make things so hard for you once again."
He leaves.
Toei alone. She turns around. She stays put and doesn't say anything.

Tar meets Pop.
"What the f-ck were you thinking?" asks Pop.
Tar apologizes.
Pang told Pop about Toei already. Why didn't Tar tell Pang everything? Pang cried all that night, and she then after that, prepared this song. Why did Tar do this? Does Tar really love Pang? Did he? Why did he do this much to her? Tar is Pop's good friend, but he really doesn't want to fix this up with Tar right now.

Tar walking alone at school. He goes to meet KP, who's with Oil in a classroom. Oil takes leave of them.

"I'm sorry; it's my fault. There's no excuse and nothing I can fix. I'm sorry that I lied, too."
"P'Pop told you?"
"Yeah."
"P'Tar, you said you didn't feel anything for P'Toei. You were lying?"
"Not then. But now, it changed. It's back to how I felt before with her."
"As before?"
He nods.
"So why did you come back? ... No. I don't want this. Can there be another chance?"
"I'm sorry," says Tar.
"I can do anything," says Pang. "I don't want to break up."
"I'm sorry."
"Please, don't leave. Please don't. Stay with me, Tar. I don't want to break up. Don't leave me alone."
Pang starts undressing and kisses Tar.
Tar says no.
Pang strips her shirt off... and Tar's. She kisses him.
"Pang, stop," says Tar. Tar turns to leave. He turns back and puts her shirt back on her shoulders.
She pushes him away  when he apologizes again.

Oil has been watching at the window -- for how long?

NEXT TIME: Phai. Fern comes back. "How are you?" she asks. "Is there something, Fern, or not?" "I'm pregnant."

Tar completely won me over this episode. Congratulations to Gun for such a superb performance of a character torn between doing what he thinks he should do, and his heart. i can't get mad at him even if he made a mess because at the end of the day,  he was true to himself, true to his feelings.
Toei frustrated me here, and i feel tar's frustration. ok in season toei didn't like tar. but now she obviously does. who cares what pang asked her to do? why can't she be happy, and why can't she just let herself be happy????
to be fair she slammed down phu. at least she got that right. but how can she do this wrong to herself? why is she hurting herself this way.

Archived