• Last Reply

EP.2 "Estrogen" Trailer

Dao: "Can we go back to how things were before?"
Koi: "Which 'before' do you mean?"
Dao: "Be together like we were before, call each other when we want to..."
Koi: "You mean like a couple?"
Net: "What's the story with you and Dao?"
Koi: "We're friends."
Net: "Based on what you said, it sounds like there's a chance for you to like guys, you know... Shall we give it a try?"

EP.2 Description (contains EP.1 spoilers):

The team that Boss assembled was able to win the student council election, but it is Non who, as Boss' replacement as party leader, has become the student council president. Kanompang now has become the vice-president in charge of activities, and Boss has taken the job of vice-president in charge of the technical and organizational side of things. How will this new arrangement work out for them all? After all, Non has made an election promise about homework reduction which no one yet knows how to fulfil -- or even if it can be fulfilled. No matter what, they are still trying to make their student council work.

Sun, helping out Kanompang together with his band SeeScape, has stirred up interest in and votes for "Nadao The Next Gen" -- but that's not all they've stirred up. Phao has been won over to their fanclub, and he has taken a new interest in being a musician.

Meanwhile, First's apparent interest in Oil has given her something new to look forward to.

As for Dao and Koi, the status of the relationship between them is still unresolved. Dao feels bad about what she did to Koi last year, but as the new school year begins things don't seem all bad: Koi and Nut, a male friend from the next room at school, are no longer hanging out with one another. It seems that the relationship between Dao and Koi is about to reach another turning point when Dao tries to make a new start, talking alone to Koi on the school's outdoor terrace...

Great recap P' Ben! This is one of the few things I like to be in this thread and I was able to keep up watching RAW last season.

I'm happy to do the recaps while watching if people are interested. (I don't promise my internet connection will always behave, though. ;)) At the moment, I'm not all that sure whether people will be watching live or whether people will be waiting for the Friday subs. I guess we'll try a few times and see what people prefer to do this season. ^_^

EP.2 "Estrogen" Trailer

Dao: "Can we go back to how things were before?"
Koi: "Which 'before' do you mean?"
Dao: "Be together like we were before, call each other when we want to..."
Koi: "You mean like a couple?"
Net: "What's the story with you and Dao?"
Koi: "We're friends."
Net: "Based on what you said, it sounds like there's a chance for you to like guys, you know... Shall we give it a try?"

Great recap P' Ben! This is one of the few things I like to be in this thread and I was able to keep up watching RAW last season.

I'm happy to do the recaps while watching if people are interested. (I don't promise my internet connection will always behave, though. ;)) At the moment, I'm not all that sure whether people will be watching live or whether people will be waiting for the Friday subs. I guess we'll try a few times and see what people prefer to do this season. ^_^

So they're back naming types of HORMONES again to episode titles just like in Season 1. 

I saw some posts of people watching LIVE or still interested watching the RAW as long as they already knew what was going on. So I think your recap is still a big help, P' Ben. I ,myself, tried watching the RAW but only the first part since I already read the recap prior to watching the RAW video. 

As I noticed also, the main channel who will broadcast Season 3 is ONE HD and not GTH on Air. So that might also explain why we don't have Youtube Live now. 

In other news, Frozen Hormones Ep. 12 with Eng sub was released last Friday, alongside Hormones The Series 3 Ep. 0 Eng sub. I think, this one was the best episode so far. I mean, as a Hormones lover, I saw all of them enjoying the trip and showing their "inner child" behaviors. I really enjoyed watching them especially Pattie, Punpun and Top ( while I'm still missing them and thinking about their suspension because of this trip). Plus the song in the last part, it made me cry. I've never been this kind of addicted to a series. :(

it was speculated if the character of jelly, a popular tomboyish girl, was meant for babymild but somehow she didn't click with the role and it was handed over to kookkai. it was criticized that both didn't look like a popular tomboy anyway.

it was noticed that the student council election mocking the actual democratic trouble of the country. a party with impossible popularism policy will win the election rather than a party with a more practical one.

i've done editting the 1st post. though some pics dont came out as i wish.. but.. i tried my best.

im so happy that GTH now providing the engsub for international fans.. i dont mind to wait..

as i just finish with ep.0, what can i say for now... i really looking forward to the new characters.. they all looks pretty and cute.. 

but.. to be honest.. after watching episode. 0 i kinda lost interest in dao and koi... maybe i just way too excited for the new gen. 

------------------- edit ---------------------

thanks p'ben for the recap..

i seriously hoping something sweet will develop between KNP and Non.. i don't like First.. he used Oil to get close to Pang, i don't like it. 

it was speculated if the character of jelly, a popular tomboyish girl, was meant for babymild but somehow she didn't click with the role and it was handed over to kookkai. it was criticized that both didn't look like a popular tomboy anyway.

it was noticed that the student council election mocking the actual democratic trouble of the country. a party with impossible popularism policy will win the election rather than a party with a more practical one.

If that is the case, that explains why I didn't see Babymild in the press conference (which I'm really looking forward to prior to the start of the season) however, when I've given up searching for answer why I didn't see her in the press conference, I saw this picture from twitter and assumed she's still part of the series since both Cookai and her were present on this pic.

CPUifa1U8AA5-NG.jpg

So maybe she was handed by a different role then. But I really wonder why Babymild deleted my comment on her IG asking if she's still part of Season 3. 

If that is the case, that explains why I didn't see Babymild in the press conference (which I'm really looking forward to prior to the start of the season) however, when I've given up searching for answer why I didn't see her in the press conference, I saw this picture from twitter and assumed she's still part of the series since both Cookai and her were present on this pic.

CPUifa1U8AA5-NG.jpg

So maybe she was handed by a different role then. But I really wonder why Babymild deleted my comment on her IG asking if she's still part of Season 3. 

the director said, eventhough each character was created based on the each Next Gen member, it didn't warrant that they would be casted, there would be audition.

maybe, she felf ridiculed since she wasn't in HM.

from fist eps i feel that this season is very different from last two, aside without 1st gent anymore, the story become heavy. In this eps, audience directly confronted with big issue with the main topic is Student Election. poor Boss, he was forced to give up to be Leader Party just because he is not popular and his programs didnt like by all voter.  one more I think Ter supported Non to be leader not only non is popular, i think he likes Non what do you think ?

one more I think Ter supported Non to be leader not only non is popular, i think he likes Non what do you think ?

Yeah, I think Ter's motivations are appearing to be very mixed or broad. There seems to be the two things you mentioned: Non's popularity or ability to be popular and Ter possibly liking Non.

I also think that he "controls" Boss more than Boss thinks he does. From Boss' character introduction video, we know that Boss thinks that Ter and he are able to communicate openly, rationally, and frankly... but it seems to me that Ter actually manipulates Boss. He does this not only when he holds the meeting behind Boss' back, but also when they were talking about Non and Bird-the-junior-high-guy. Boss and Ter both talk rationally, but Ter has more control of each conversation. It's not as equal as Boss thinks it is.

Ter's actions could really blow up in everyone's faces. :mellow:

I liked this episode. 

I like Boss' character. He didn't inspire me that much at first, but I really like his sense of justice, and the way he works. He wants to be sincere and seriously help the school to improve. Of course, he's not very good with social interaction, but I felt sorry for him when they gave Non his role, considering how much he cared. 

Ter seemed nice at first, I'm not so sure anymore. 

Non is as cheerful as ever <3

About Kanompang and Oil, Pang pisses me off sometimes. She's a nice person and all, but she doesn't seem to care for Oil at all. It's not the first time that she forgets about her and cancels plans. Poor Oil. I know she's not that innocent as well, but still, I pity her a lot.

Dao and Koi <3 Dao's mom doesn't seem exactly excited about them, but she's doing her best to be understanding, and it looks like the mother/daughter relationship improved a lot after Dao's breakdown from the last season. So, I hope Dao and Koi end up together. Net seems nice, but it doesn't look like he could actually make Koi choose him over Dao.

Guest antakalainaro

Hey guys!
I came across an interesting question on the youtube comments of episode 1 part 6. WARNING: SPOILERS for those who havent watched it yet

"I didn't get the last part.. the paper that fell down"

Basically, the commenter is asking "What does the paper being stepped on mean"
This is the very last scene of the episode where they have just finished counting the votes and Non's party is declared winner

There are a lot of replies but, so far, none seem to be convincing me and I want to know from anyone that understands Thai since I can't read what it says.

Gotta say it was an interesting first episode. Probably much more interesting and serious than the first two seasons' pilot. I stream the show when it airs, and wait for the Friday English subtitles as well.

With Boss, he has great principles and stands by them very rigidly (so much that he gave up his team leader spot because of the vote of the majority) but he is not quite charismatic or outgoing enough to be heard, especially since the student council or politics in general requires not just outstanding leaders, in idea but also in image. Which brings Non to the picture, that battled with Jelly in terms of mass appeal. Popularity politics really.

I'm excited as to how they're going to tackle that subject further, considering how so many conflicts could arise with it. Ahh, and yes, what could the ending of episode one signify?

I'm excited for tonight's episode also. But it might be a particularly heavy episode as well. A lot of confusion again. Koi and Dao :( Oil and First also interact for tonight's episode it seems, judging from the promo pictures that were released.

There are a lot of replies but, so far, none seem to be convincing me and I want to know from anyone that understands Thai since I can't read what it says.

ballot.jpg

It's a ballot with the number 1 checked -- in other words, it's a vote for Boss' team. But that doesn't mean I know where it fell from or where it blew in from (if those details are relevant); I'm not sure whose ballot/vote it is. ^_^

As for the meaning: This ballot falls to the floor, gets stepped on, trampled on, abused, disrespected, almost kicked around... Is it democracy itself? or Boss' way of doing things? or Boss? all three? more? What is the symbolism here? We can probably make educated guesses now, but maybe in future episodes, we'll see more clearly...

Guest Vergara

I have watched episode 1 with Engsub on youtube and was impressed by character Boss but the others seemed quite not interested me, just maybe it's first ep. Boss is too serious guy and when I looked into his face in the near end, I was afraid. He is really something that makes ppl around feel uneasy. Just like his friend told him "Be careful with your words though".

Non, in the other hand is likeable kid but I don't think he tended to get attention, he is quite sincere in doing that job.

But don't you think it was too much for a high school movie if the main idea in first one is relatable politics? 

Honestly, I am a little bit disapointed in this one, though still looking forward to the next. I think I want to know more about Pala and the girl in Angel gang ZomZom.

Just finished watching the subbed version of Episode 1. It's still great to have it subbed rather than watching it without understanding what they are saying.

Anyway, it seems that Boss is not that bossy at all. I like his sense of responsibility in doing things and his genuine care to improve the school. This episode kinda reflects modern politics. Though it may be a bit too hard to be reflected on a high school drama, I think it's one good way to show reality.

Non was caught up in between. I can't blame him tho. He was too pressured to win the student council elections. Boss on the other hand really wanted to win in a more natural way but too bad for him his policies were way too "clean". This episode made me interested in Boss.  A less popular modern superhero :D

watching the live now for Ep. 2. :D

EP.2 "Estrogen" Live Recap (Spoilers Obviously)

We're thrown right into scenes that we've already seen part of in trailers and episode previews. Dao is on the roof/terrace to meet Koi.

Dao starts with: "We haven't talked in a long time. Was it fun in Belgium?" Koi: "It was OK. Why did you want to talk to me? Is something up?" "Can we go back to being with one another like before? I'd like to apologize for what I did, too. I don't want things to be like this." "Which 'before' do you mean, though?" "Well, hang out, talk to one another, call another if we want to." "You mean like girlfriends? I think that your 'before' is friends, really, right? You don't like me in that way anymore, right?" "That's not it." "Just friends is what you want?" "I don't want to make you sad again." "Right now I am. Because you're not accepting me as I am."

Dao offers Koi her little finger to make up. (Note also that Koi means "little finger" and Dao used this cleverly in last year's season finale to try to make up, too.) Koi pauses and then says, "Well, OK," and walks away, clearly not impressed enough. She gets a text from Net about going running together this evening; she replies that she'll go.

Team Boss enters the Student Council room (presumably for the first time). It's big! Time to get set up! Non is happy. Boss gets to work right away writing the party platform/promises on the board. He underlies the one about homework and says not to forget the promises and not to forget about finding a way to fulfil them. Kanompang intervenes to make things less serious. Non tries to encourage everyone and tries to cheer up Boss and build a bridge back to him.

Teacher Nanthiya is translating English for 5/1 (Sun, Jane, etc.). "Richard went for the job interview, because the company... The manager was just full of hot air." She translates into Thai correctly, except for the last bit about the manager being "full of hot air."

Jane: "May I? I think your translation is wrong."

Teacher Ying/Nanthiya: "I've been an English teacher for a long time. Don't think that you're smarter than people here just people you come from abroad."

Jane says she's not saying she's smart, she just is saying this is a mistranslation. She uses a search on her phone to prove her point. The teacher says her problem is manners, not getting English right or wrong. Everyone is interested in this nonsense from and confrontation with the teacher.

After class, KNP introduces to Jane Oil, Ryo, A -- and Sun interrupts her, because he smoothly wants to test if Jane remembers his name. Jane: "You forget your own name or what? ... Nope, don't remember."

Net and Koi running at a park. They stop to stretch. Net asks what is the story with Dao and her. Koi says they're friends. Net says he heard they used to be a couple... thanks to the Dew stuff.

After that day with the flyers, Koi says she hasn't talked with Dao... not even after Belgium. She wondered if anything would get better this term, but she's hurting again becuase of the way Dao wanted to be friends. But why didn't they get back together? "Maybe because I'm a girl [which could mean she's straight]." "So does that mean you're a lesbian?" "Maybe, if that means a girl who likes girls." [my internet couldn’t keep up, and I missed a few seconds]

"And you, do you like guys?" "Could be, if they're handsome like Mario [Maurer], haha."

Net: "Based on what you said, it doesn't seem impossible for you to like guys... Because before, the last guy didn't seem so OK. So maybe if another guy made you feel OK, was good to you, you might like him. Shall I give it a try?"

"Haha, funny!" says Koi. They both laugh. But is Net joking?

Oil is in the cafeteria alone. She picks up her phone and snaps photos of a couple nearby. First ruins one of her photos. "Hey, just pranking you... I'm First. Who are you? ... Oil, can I have your number?" "My number?" "Or any way I could talk to you? Hey now, come on..." Oil gives in.

First leaves. KNP and Sun arrive at Oil's table. KNP: "Hey, who was that? Was he flirting with you?" Oil says no. KNP: "If he likes you, talk to him!"

Oil looks longingly at the photo First ruined. She texts with First. First doesn't take long to say, "I want to hit on KNP. Please please please [help]!" Oil texts back, "OK." She appears devastated.

Pala comes to the Running Club. Pala says his grandma won't let him stay out late. The coach says that's too bad.

In the car, Grandma asks what Pala was doing today. "I'm sorry that I didn't ask permission from you, Grandma... Can I join the Running Club? We'd practice in the mornings and evenings. It would be good exercise." "No, you can't. You be home late. You know you have to come home at 5pm." Pala tries: "The coach says he'd support me, I can do it well, I like it." "You like it?" Pala nods. Grandma: "OK, if you like it. But you need to be disciplined like before. You have to come home at 7pm. I'll pick you up like before." Pala is excited and delighted. He exclaims, "Thanks so much, Grandma!"

At home, Phao is checking out his dad's old guitar. His dad comments that he can even use the guitar in the right position. Phao plays -- or tries to.

At Siam Paragon, Dao and Koi wait to get into a lift. They go in. It's all awkward silence. Meanwhile, a guy in the lift puts his hand close to Dao. Koi notices. She yells at him! The guy denies it and runs away. Koi chases him. Dao is trying to calm Koi down. She succeeds.

It turns out they're holding hands in the aftermath of the incident -- or rather, Dao is holding Koi's. "So do friends hold hands like this?" asks Koi. Dao pauses. [I don't think she said anything, but maybe she did. Who knows with my internet. ;) ] Koi: "If it makes the other person have feelings, it might be better not to...?" Dao releases Koi's hand.

Elle comes, all happy and excited! She finds the two of them together. "Are you two OK now?" she asks. Koi says that they are. Dao hasn't said anything.

Edit: Note that Soompi merged my reply to the first one. The first two acts are both in this post.

Edit again: Dew, not Bew. Bew is in the Angels gang. Dew is Dao's nemesis (now Jelly groupie).

Archived